FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Best Bank / Credit Card

Best Bank / Credit Card

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Keen to ensure in 2016 I'm still getting the best in the market - any suggestion of who to look at?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

If you have a balance on a credit card, it is always worth transferring to another provider to take advantage of the 0% interest rates. Just be careful when the 0% rate expires and dont use the card - just pay the balance off. It can give a lot of breathing room as you won't be accruing interest on the debt.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Look on one of the comparison sites: but Read all the terms and conditions; loads offer a good deal, but the deal is often only short term, when the deal runs out; the charges go higher...

Money supermarket ( does it still exist?) used to have good comparisons.

It's also worth talking with your current bank/ card company and seeing if they might negotiate a better deal .

"If you have a balance on a credit card, it is always worth transferring to another provider to take advantage of the 0% interest rates. Just be careful when the 0% rate expires and dont use the card - just pay the balance off. It can give a lot of breathing room as you won't be accruing interest on the debt."

Thanks - I pay mine off in full each month - but keen to see if I could get better rewards etc - any ideas?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Money Saving Expert website usually lists the latest card deals and has tutorials on credit card 'tarting'.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"If you have a balance on a credit card, it is always worth transferring to another provider to take advantage of the 0% interest rates. Just be careful when the 0% rate expires and dont use the card - just pay the balance off. It can give a lot of breathing room as you won't be accruing interest on the debt.

Thanks - I pay mine off in full each month - but keen to see if I could get better rewards etc - any ideas?"

ahh see what you mean, sorry I don't look at these

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"If you have a balance on a credit card, it is always worth transferring to another provider to take advantage of the 0% interest rates. Just be careful when the 0% rate expires and dont use the card - just pay the balance off. It can give a lot of breathing room as you won't be accruing interest on the debt.

Thanks - I pay mine off in full each month - but keen to see if I could get better rewards etc - any ideas?"

If you pay yours off every month, try the Santander 123 account, with a 123 credit card. Costs a fiver a month, you have to have £500 a month go into the account, and 2 direct debit go out. Anything you pay out of your account or on your card, you get 1, 2 or 3% refund on, plus anything up to £20,000 in the account you get 3% interest. We put everything on our credit card, pay everything through the account, pay the credit card off every month in full, and make about £500 per year. We even get 1% back off our Santander mortgage payment every month!

Thanks - I pay mine off in full each month - but keen to see if I could get better rewards etc - any ideas?

If you pay yours off every month, try the Santander 123 account, with a 123 credit card. Costs a fiver a month, you have to have £500 a month go into the account, and 2 direct debit go out. Anything you pay out of your account or on your card, you get 1, 2 or 3% refund on, plus anything up to £20,000 in the account you get 3% interest. We put everything on our credit card, pay everything through the account, pay the credit card off every month in full, and make about £500 per year. We even get 1% back off our Santander mortgage payment every month!"

That's good - will have a look - thanks x

Do they have good customer service / banking app?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

OP, really..?

you offered your services as a solicitor to someone the other day and appear to be a bit of a wine and car buff..

would have thought you might be capable of using the web or seeing an advisor ..?

By *S RachaelTV/TS  over a year ago

Lowestoft

the title is Best bank/credit card.. these are not the same thing. What is it you actually want?? Xxx

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

have the normal people gone back to work? pathetic

"OP, really..?

you offered your services as a solicitor to someone the other day and appear to be a bit of a wine and car buff..

would have thought you might be capable of using the web or seeing an advisor ..?"

Oh I was just nosey - I'm not a solicitor and never pretended to be one

I am - but the web doesn't give you real world feedback and experiences - just raw numbers

I know my wine and cars x thanks for noticing

"the title is Best bank/credit card.. these are not the same thing. What is it you actually want?? Xxx"

Well I have both - trying to see if there are any better ones out there

By *rSwaggerMan  over a year ago

Northants

I would declare the best bank the best credit cards but then you would want to be like me and have everything I have and then you will start to ask me who my best meets have been and could I recommend you to them. My world is built around my self ability to perform and manage

"I would declare the best bank the best credit cards but then you would want to be like me and have everything I have and then you will start to ask me who my best meets have been and could I recommend you to them. My world is built around my self ability to perform and manage "

Banking isn't mutually exclusive

Northants

"I would declare the best bank the best credit cards but then you would want to be like me and have everything I have and then you will start to ask me who my best meets have been and could I recommend you to them. My world is built around my self ability to perform and manage

Banking isn't mutually exclusive "

No but my own ability to work my own life out is

"I would declare the best bank the best credit cards but then you would want to be like me and have everything I have and then you will start to ask me who my best meets have been and could I recommend you to them. My world is built around my self ability to perform and manage

No but my own ability to work my own life out is "

Guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed - you could either add value or not comment !

By *S RachaelTV/TS  over a year ago

Lowestoft

... lol...what makes you think people who spend their time on a sex chat forum might know anything about bank accounts. xxx

"... lol...what makes you think people who spend their time on a sex chat forum might know anything about bank accounts. xxx"

I thought the Lounge was general chat ?? Did I get that wrong

Northants

No but my own ability to work my own life out is

Guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed - you could either add value or not comment ! "

You need to accept everyone's opinion if making a post and asking for feedback

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"... lol...what makes you think people who spend their time on a sex chat forum might know anything about bank accounts. xxx"

I know loads about mine

You know, you try to give good advice (as I did earlier in this thread) and its like the comment gets ignored in favour of people sniping and picking at each other.

CBA trying to help out any more on these threads.

"Keen to ensure in 2016 I'm still getting the best in the market - any suggestion of who to look at?"

Dependa what you want it for.

Halifax clarity card is great for traveling with its lack of fees sbroad

Santander 123 credit card while having a 2 poind a month fee does offer cash back on shopping and letrol so depending on usesge may be good.

The snatandare 123 current account however with its 3 % interest (over 1k cash + 500 deposit a month snd 2 direct debits) up to 20k is possibly the best current account if you have a fair bit of cash you want interest on even with the fee going up to 5 a month. Especially with the cash back on debits (most davings accounts are only doing 1.6% max atm)

Oh and post april there is a 1000 pound cash free interest amount on savings so if yoh currently have monthly interest transferring to anual will save you the tax onnthe next 4 konths.

Although the 123 account will still net more despite being monthly than ajy non fixed saver

Because people who swing have no use for money?

It depends completely on your finances and what you'll use it for.

If you pay yours off every month, try the Santander 123 account, with a 123 credit card. Costs a fiver a month, you have to have £500 a month go into the account, and 2 direct debit go out. Anything you pay out of your account or on your card, you get 1, 2 or 3% refund on, plus anything up to £20,000 in the account you get 3% interest. We put everything on our credit card, pay everything through the account, pay the credit card off every month in full, and make about £500 per year. We even get 1% back off our Santander mortgage payment every month!

Do they have good customer service / banking app?"

Santandare apo is good but the most convenient is the hsbc app needing just one code.

Santandare requires iirc 3

"You know, you try to give good advice (as I did earlier in this thread) and its like the comment gets ignored in favour of people sniping and picking at each other.

CBA trying to help out any more on these threads.

"

Got it and using it - thanks

Do they have good customer service / banking app?

Santandare apo is good but the most convenient is the hsbc app needing just one code.

Santandare requires iirc 3"

I'm with HSBC premier - great App - sounds like Santander is more stressful despite being a good offer - 123 account

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

If you pay yours off every month, try the Santander 123 account, with a 123 credit card. Costs a fiver a month, you have to have £500 a month go into the account, and 2 direct debit go out. Anything you pay out of your account or on your card, you get 1, 2 or 3% refund on, plus anything up to £20,000 in the account you get 3% interest. We put everything on our credit card, pay everything through the account, pay the credit card off every month in full, and make about £500 per year. We even get 1% back off our Santander mortgage payment every month!"

I love my Santander 123 accounts. 3% on 3 to 20k is the best I can find for savings.. I do the same just buy via CC and pay it off monthly

[Removed by poster at 31/12/15 17:24:08]

I love my Santander 123 accounts. 3% on 3 to 20k is the best I can find for savings.. I do the same just buy via CC and pay it off monthly "

Will check it out

Thanks for advice all

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

There are probably quite a few bankers and financial advisors on here.....

I know at least one lady on here who is quite a senior financial expert.

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

I don't understand why people get ripped into on these forums.

The guy simply asked if anyone knows a good credit card or bank. What is the matter with half of you lot? In my eyes, it's perfectly acceptible to ask what he asked.

I don't get why each time someone makes a post, people have to rip the OP to shreds. Just saying!

By *llebWoman  over a year ago

Poulton Le Fylde

"I don't understand why people get ripped into on these forums.

The guy simply asked if anyone knows a good credit card or bank. What is the matter with half of you lot? In my eyes, it's perfectly acceptible to ask what he asked.

I don't get why each time someone makes a post, people have to rip the OP to shreds. Just saying!"

Welcome to my world, it's been my turn for the last two days !!

"... lol...what makes you think people who spend their time on a sex chat forum might know anything about bank accounts. xxx

There are probably quite a few bankers and financial advisors on here.....

I know at least one lady on here who is quite a senior financial expert."

All - to qualify spent 3 years at Uni reading business / finance and economics so understand numbers etc

Just wanted to see if there were any positive experiences of consumer finances that are worth investigating xx

Sounds like Santander 123 is

"I don't understand why people get ripped into on these forums.

I don't get why each time someone makes a post, people have to rip the OP to shreds. Just saying!"

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic