FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 2015 mortality montage

2015 mortality montage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It that time of year the media rolls out the annual mortality montage.....

I don't like it.... it makes me feel very mortal....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everybody dies, given a long enough timeline.

I think its fine to celebrate the dead. There are precious few people who are remembered long after they are gone - especially those who contributed to the greater human experience.

I hope that in 250 years people are playing 'Ace of Spades' the way we play 'Ode to Joy' today.

"Everybody dies, given a long enough timeline.

I think its fine to celebrate the dead. There are precious few people who are remembered long after they are gone - especially those who contributed to the greater human experience.

I hope that in 250 years people are playing 'Ace of Spades' the way we play 'Ode to Joy' today."

I really like Ace of Spades.... the D.I.S.C.O version ........

"It that time of year the media rolls out the annual mortality montage.....

I don't like it.... it makes me feel very mortal.... "

Could you imagine how boring and fragile life would be if your life expectancy was 400 instead of 70?

But would you have actually lived for 400 years or just existed!

This notion of being remembered, is utter folly!.. Remembered for how long 20 years 60! A hundred!

I'm afraid we're all meant to pass into the obscurity of death.

Whether nobody or 1 person or a million mourn me is irrelevant!

I think it's more important if one person loved me while I was living!

I hope that in 250 years people are playing 'Ace of Spades' the way we play 'Ode to Joy' today.

I really like Ace of Spades.... the D.I.S.C.O version ........ "

The CCN remix?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I don't like it.... it makes me feel very mortal.... "

That's what I forgot, my annual gawp at those that have snuffed it. I should be ashamed of myself...

The CCN remix?"

I just know it as the Disco version.... I first heard it maybe 15 years ago if that helps...

The CCN remix?

I just know it as the Disco version.... I first heard it maybe 15 years ago if that helps... "

https://youtu.be/6IZW4IDYGJ0

I don't like it.... it makes me feel very mortal.... .

Could you imagine how boring and fragile life would be if your life expectancy was 400 instead of 70?

This notion of being remembered, is utter folly!.. Remembered for how long 20 years 60! A hundred!

I think it's more important if one person loved me while I was living!"

I totally get what you say....

I'm just simply exercising that part of human condition that is preprogramed to evoke a sense of melancholy when you're reminded of the parting of those you've shared a lifetime with dropping away one by one....

Shhessh fella,,,,, let this frock wearing dude wallow in touch of self pity wont ya,,,,

I think it's more important if one person loved me while I was living!"

It's been a long time since I left school, but I'm still a legend there my mates son goes to that school and the story of the lad that destroyed a porter cabin with a small explosion because he wasn't listening to instructions is still being used as a cautionary tale, nearly 30 years after the incident, and it's no sign of dying out because one of the kids in that class on that day is now a teacher there, so I will be a legend there until at least his retirement.

So I've seen the days of my remembers nice, and it feels good, even though I have been held up as an example of an utter twat for two generations

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It was sad that Stephen Lewis 'Blakey' - the inspector from 'On the buses' died in 2015.

It's been a long time since I left school, but I'm still a legend there my mates son goes to that school and the story of the lad that destroyed a porter cabin with a small explosion because he wasn't listening to instructions is still being used as a cautionary tale, nearly 30 years after the incident, and it's no sign of dying out because one of the kids in that class on that day is now a teacher there, so I will be a legend there until at least his retirement.

So I've seen the days of my remembers nice, and it feels good, even though I have been held up as an example of an utter twat for two generations "

I wonder what the statute of limitations is for utter tawtness......

I'm just simply exercising that part of human condition that is preprogramed to evoke a sense of melancholy when you're reminded of the parting of those you've shared a lifetime with dropping away one by one....

Shhessh fella,,,,, let this frock wearing dude wallow in touch of self pity wont ya,,,, "

Your a good man, your actions in life have a legacy all of there own and cruelly you'll never get a medal or a statue for them! But then they say good deeds have a reward all of there own!

Shhessh fella,,,,, let this frock wearing dude wallow in touch of self pity wont ya,,,, .

Your a good man, your actions in life have a legacy all of there own and cruelly you'll never get a medal or a statue for them! But then they say good deeds have a reward all of there own!"

Actually I have a chest full of medals and more statues that you can shake a stick at.... they are kept in a shrine dedicated to my honour....... but I'm a tad embarrassed about all the attention it attracts so rarely mention it in public......

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

yes mortality...

i went to a very small country primary school..6 in our year..two already are dead

i lost a good inner circle friend this year..46

collapsed on Saturday dead on Tuesday.

He was one of the reasons i joined FAB, because he reminded me of living.

i try and make sure sad times are compost for making happy times...

loving and laughter seem to be great ways to honour peoples legacy..so more loving and laughter for me and wished for everyone in the coming year xx

» Add a new message to this topic