FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mobile Phone Left On Pub Table - Leave Or Hand In

Mobile Phone Left On Pub Table - Leave Or Hand In

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itSam OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Ok so before I give the full story I would like feedback.

You are in a pub, around you all the tables are full so you are standing. You are distracted by speaking to someone. Afterwards you notice an empty table, nothing on it but a mobile phone.

Phone description. Old phone, not up to date with a few cracks on the screen. You recall it was an oldish person but you did not take much notice of him as it was just another person in the busy pub.

Your Options:-

Do you leave the mobile phone where is is or do you give it to a member of staff or manager behind the bar.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Hand it in

Birmingham

By the way.... You will love the outcome. I was in shock.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hand it in.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do the right thing - hand it in...!

I would give it to the manager

Hand it in!

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

Hand it in or look in contacts for home/wife etc and tell them you have the phone

Hand it in

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I would ask if they knew who's it was and If not I would see if I could find a number in the phone to contact them on

By *ylonesqueMan  over a year ago

Near Aberystwyth

Hand it in.

Hmmm seeing it's an old 1 problem hold onto it until it rings and Ans it

Hopefully owner will ring it

"Ok so before I give the full story I would like feedback.

You are in a pub, around you all the tables are full so you are standing. You are distracted by speaking to someone. Afterwards you notice an empty table, nothing on it but a mobile phone.

Phone description. Old phone, not up to date with a few cracks on the screen. You recall it was an oldish person but you did not take much notice of him as it was just another person in the busy pub.

Do you leave the mobile phone where is is or do you give it to a member of staff or manager behind the bar....."

the guy caught you picking it up and hit you I suppose

phone someone on the contact list or hand in

Birmingham

Ok I getting the idea. Hand it in.

That was what we did. A few minutes later the guy returns back to his seat with a pint of beer. He mutters "someone has had my phone" to which I say to him "it is safe, I handed it in at the bar". He then throws a right strop at me. I always leave my phone on the table, no one ever touches my phone. I said to him "I think the words you are looking for are THANK YOU". He carries on moaning about the fact I handed his phone in. I just said "I do not want to talk to you if that is the way you want to be". He then sarcasticly says "THAAANK YOU". I just left it at that. A few minutes later he shouts over. So who is going to fetch me my phone back. I just ignored him. Another few minutes later he gets up and goes to the bar for his phone and starts moaning saying. I leave my phone there all the time and no one ever touches it. Moan moan moan... NICE EH???

The fact that he's an idiot and in the wrong doesn't mean that you are in the wrong for handing it in...

"The fact that he's an idiot and in the wrong doesn't mean that you are in the wrong for handing it in...

"

Or maybe just an old man stuck in his ways which does not equate to an idiot.

Birmingham

I was just shocked at his response. I may have understood his aggression if he had seen me pick it up and thought I was trying to take it but this was after the phone has been handed in.

Oh yeah, after he finished he pint he went back up the bar (took it with him lol).

I said to my partner joking, every time he goes to the bar hand it in again....

That was a joke tho. This guy was a lil crazy. Lol.

They walk among us.

Look around, see if I recognise anyone in the crowd that was sitting there, and then if I don't turn it into the bar.

(You didn't find my Dad's knackered old phone last week in a pub... did you? )

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Wot an ungrateful,old sod

Old people often grumble. They have lived a long time and seen a lot of changes. I would have apologised and got it for him.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"The fact that he's an idiot and in the wrong doesn't mean that you are in the wrong for handing it in...

Or maybe just an old man stuck in his ways which does not equate to an idiot."

Stuck in ways which are idiotic is an idiot

Birmingham

Another customer watching did ask if I needed any help shoving the phone up his arse. When I looked around everyone was pretty shocked at his attitude.

Birmingham

Lucky the woman who tried to claim the 33 million lottery was not there, she may try to claim it as hers.

The guys excuse was that the phone was not worth stealing.

What about credit, what about the hassle of telling what few friends he may have his new number. No matter how expensive a phone is, a phone is a phone and the property of someone.

Do good and get it thrown back at ya. Mad world

"By the way.... You will love the outcome. I was in shock."

You checked the pics before handing in?

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Old people often grumble. They have lived a long time and seen a lot of changes. I would have apologised and got it for him. "

I would of done if he'd said something like oh right well thanks for being wary but any chance you can get it back for me.

I work with the public and the pensioners are without a doubt much more rude than any of the younger generation. There's no need for it really and if it were kids doing it anyone would be kicking off but they seem to just get away with it.

lol at least you did the right thing

grumpy old sod

Birmingham

"Old people often grumble. They have lived a long time and seen a lot of changes. I would have apologised and got it for him.

I would of done if he'd said something like oh right well thanks for being wary but any chance you can get it back for me.

I work with the public and the pensioners are without a doubt much more rude than any of the younger generation. There's no need for it really and if it were kids doing it anyone would be kicking off but they seem to just get away with it. "

I was going to get it for him as I know all the staff there. Then when he kicked off I thought "you want your phone, go get it". When I said old I do not mean walking stick, hearing aid, walks slow (not being stereo typical there, just generalizing). He was the other side of 50. Sorry to all the 50+ people I did not mean old, should have said older generation. (Please do not shoot me)

You did the right thing OP. Unfortunately he was just a grumpy git. Don't let it stop you doing the right thing in future. The world is full of ungrateful grumpy people.

Birmingham

We were there a while after this incident and if he had got up and said, sorry I over reacted I would have said no problem and laughed about it. He finally got up, took his phone and left the pub.

Next time get his number.. Then call him and hang up just as if reaches it lol.. No seriously, forget it.. He may be pissed off about something and took it out on you.

Birmingham

"You did the right thing OP. Unfortunately he was just a grumpy git. Don't let it stop you doing the right thing in future. The world is full of ungrateful grumpy people. "

Thanks, it is in my nature to do the right thing. In my eyes it is the right thing, however not everyone is looking out of my eyes. So some will not see it in the best light. Things happen eh.

Pised off or upset. Some people have a lot of worries

Birmingham

"Next time get his number.. Then call him and hang up just as if reaches it lol.. No seriously, forget it.. He may be pissed off about something and took it out on you. "

I did find out from staff it is a regular thing. The staff I handed the phone to did not recognise it. They usually make a joke saying "put it back quick" lol. He leaves money and all sorts and just does not learn.

"Old people often grumble. They have lived a long time and seen a lot of changes. I would have apologised and got it for him.

I work with the public and the pensioners are without a doubt much more rude than any of the younger generation. There's no need for it really and if it were kids doing it anyone would be kicking off but they seem to just get away with it.

I was going to get it for him as I know all the staff there. Then when he kicked off I thought "you want your phone, go get it". When I said old I do not mean walking stick, hearing aid, walks slow (not being stereo typical there, just generalizing). He was the other side of 50. Sorry to all the 50+ people I did not mean old, should have said older generation. (Please do not shoot me)"

:- OLD

Birmingham

"Old people often grumble. They have lived a long time and seen a lot of changes. I would have apologised and got it for him. "

Not a chance after being rude. It was rude, it was nasty and I would not get it for him as it just tells him that attitude gets results. If an apologie for over reacting then I would have changed my views. However I did put the impression we are talking old person, I should have said older generation just saying it was not late teens. I thing the age range could be 50-65 and not frail. He got up and walked as fast as most people so it was not that he could not go fetch it is it more that he still wanted to find something to moan at.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Wot an ungrateful,old sod

"

Stop saying old! Old is 70+ not 50+

He just sounds like a miserable git.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Stupid miserable old git .. What if it had rung .. Did he leave a notepad and pencil for random people to take messages while he was away?

Hand it in and have returned 3 mobiles in the past

Wembley

"Stupid miserable old git .. What if it had rung .. Did he leave a notepad and pencil for random people to take messages while he was away? "

voicemail

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Your Options:-

Do you leave the mobile phone where is is or do you give it to a member of staff or manager behind the bar....."

Is this a trick question?

Hand it in...

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Ah well, you did the right thing and no-one got hurt. Hope it won't deter you from doing the right thing in future if a similar situation occurs. Clearly the issue is with him not you.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Stupid miserable old git .. What if it had rung .. Did he leave a notepad and pencil for random people to take messages while he was away?

voicemail "

bet he doesn't know how to get his voicemails

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You did the right thing.

You met a person with something that appears like social/mental problems.

You will grow from the experience.

Sometimes when I read responses to threads I'm grateful that fab members are not in care or health industry.

Very assumptive and judgemental.

Apart from the person who had a big enough character to be able to get the phone back for the person showing obvious inadequacies.

Something to look back on a laugh at.

King's Crustacean

"Ah well, you did the right thing and no-one got hurt. Hope it won't deter you from doing the right thing in future if a similar situation occurs. Clearly the issue is with him not you."

he sounds like a guy I know and avoid like the plague

King's Crustacean

For all the grumpy young gits in here.

"It's been proven that people are generally happier in their 50s and beyond than in their younger years. A recent survey of more than 340,000 people published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences showed that feelings of stress, worry and anger dropped significantly as people passed middle age, while happiness and enjoyment levels increased.

Similarly, an article in Psychology Today says that research on different age groups in the United Kingdom showed that people over 60 were the happiest age group, with happiness starting to rise after age 50. A recent worldwide survey reported similar results, with people who were in good health in their 70s being as happy and mentally healthy as 20-year-olds.

Why? Psychology Today speculates that it may be partly because older age people face less stress and responsibility. They may no longer be climbing the career ladder or facing the emotional and financial struggles of parenthood. But it's also about "letting go"—learning to accept your strengths and weaknesses and letting go of unrealistic goals, attachments and aspirations. In other words, acceptance. You may think of it as learning to live in the moment."

Thank me later.

Wembley

"For all the grumpy young gits in here.

"It's been proven that people are generally happier in their 50s and beyond than in their younger years. A recent survey of more than 340,000 people published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences showed that feelings of stress, worry and anger dropped significantly as people passed middle age, while happiness and enjoyment levels increased.

Similarly, an article in Psychology Today says that research on different age groups in the United Kingdom showed that people over 60 were the happiest age group, with happiness starting to rise after age 50. A recent worldwide survey reported similar results, with people who were in good health in their 70s being as happy and mentally healthy as 20-year-olds.

Why? Psychology Today speculates that it may be partly because older age people face less stress and responsibility. They may no longer be climbing the career ladder or facing the emotional and financial struggles of parenthood. But it's also about "letting go"—learning to accept your strengths and weaknesses and letting go of unrealistic goals, attachments and aspirations. In other words, acceptance. You may think of it as learning to live in the moment."

Thank me later. "

4 more years to absolute bliss; yippee

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Hand it in, old phone or not it is the decent thing to do.

Thank me later. "

Come and work where I do for a year, at the end you'll say that study was a load of pish.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Ok so before I give the full story I would like feedback.

. Give it to the bar staff for safe keeping

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd probably ask around first, then likely leave it with staff - there may be a number in the phone book listed as home, so would call this too.

If I was dubious I'd notify the police or even take the phone to police lost property. It's potentially all hard for the owner to recover it but I do view phones as highly valuable for far more than the hardware.

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple  over a year ago

Andover

I'd have fetched it back from the bar for him and popped it into his pint.

You can guarantee he would really kick off if he left it there and it was stolen....some people are pricks x

Hand it in cause I'm honest like that lol

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

"Hand it in cause I'm honest like that lol "

Call the contact Mum.

I was in Sydney once and we found a brand new I phone on the floor of the taxi, my friend wanted to hand it to the driver I said "no give it here".

We went to a pub and I tried to look for Mum, nothing, then I got a phone call answered it and it was a German guy, from his friends phone, he met us at the pub and tried to give me $300.

I refused it and he stayed chatting with us and would not let us pay for anything all night!

There's a moral in there somewhere!

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

Put it on vibrate, stuff it up his arse and write his number on the lav wall.

Birmingham

Thank me later. "

He was still a twat...

I've only read the OP of this thread but I'm going to guess

Since its 2016...the most probable outcome is - you do what would be considered responsible and hand the phone in safely to the staff or manager.... only to recieve a hurl of abuse?

» Add a new message to this topic