FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Favourite Star Trek series..

Favourite Star Trek series..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ub_liminalTV OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Nerdy bitch alert

I've just finished watching DS9..

My.. Gosh, so compelling and well written!

I find Avery Brooks slightly wooden though..

Anyway. Agree, disagree ..your ops? Xx.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My fave was kirk in the OS and picard NG..

..make it so....

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Voyager is my fave, then tng, then the original series, never got into ds9 or enterprise

Has to be voyager and then next gen I have met so many of the cast of voyager, Robert Picardo (the doctor), jeri Ryan (7of9) I love Star Trek it is by far my fav science fiction show

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

Next Generation for me, but couldn't get on with Deep Space9 - just love all the films. Xx

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I don't know how to pick any one over another, the original series now looks so bad I cant understand how I grew up loving it so much! In fact it is so bad it is positively brilliant! So I will try to sort my most loved TV franchise out a bit like the Oscars and Bloopers...

So here are my votes...

Worst Plots (all totally US 60's anti commie propaganda): The Original Series

Most Wooden Acting: The Original Series

Worst and cheapest scenery (even by 60's standards).:The Original Series

Best Captain: Picard

Best Storyline: Voyager

Best Plots: DS9

Best developing roll from first to last:

Shared between 7of9, Data, The Constable and Sisco.

Most Sexy Female Costume: 7of9!

Best makeup: DS9 by a country mile!

Ship I would want to command: The Defiant!

Worst baddie (most frightening): The Borg

Most Human Non Human: The Cardassians.

DS9 was a tough one to get into but once the Dominion plot got into full swing it got really enthralling.

For me, I think Voyager edged into the lead. TNG was good but the original series is now looking very dated.

Has to be voyager, followed by DS9. Wish they had made a film with TNG crew voyager and DS9 all together.

I loved DS9, couldn't stand Voyager.

Avery Brooks was far from wooden, I just think his character was written as being a little cold and calculating. The guy in real life is as mad as a box of frogs and wonderfully eccentric.

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

The original series for the Sci Fi ideas and acting. It the most compelling story lines for me too as well as the characters.

The following series I could take or leave.

Voyager grew on us and became our favourite. Although with characters like 7 of 9 it was a treat for the eyes and the imagination.

I love DS9, but my favourite storyline was from TNG when Picard assimilated and became Locutus and lead the Borg in the battle of Wolf 359.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

TNG is my favourite.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

7of9 Voyager

1 of my first girl crushes

"7of9 Voyager "

After meeting her in person I can safely say that she is Indeed as sexy off screen as she is on screen, needless to say I will treasure her autograph for the rest of my days

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

Has to be TNG for me - largely due to the presence of Deanna Troi....

I didn't think I'd ever like it but deep space nine was my favourite, I wasn't keen on kira or Ben at times but they grew on me. Followed by voyager

G x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I personally love all of the StarTrek variations.

I am especially loving the new generation of StarTrek Movies though. The way they've replicated the character of the original series whilst bringing the whole concept into the 21st century is fantastic.

Cal

"I didn't think I'd ever like it but deep space nine was my favourite, I wasn't keen on kira or Ben at times but they grew on me. Followed by voyager

G x"

That's exactly how it was for us with Ben and Kira, they just got better and better as the series progressed. Nana Visitor, seriously yummy

Thinking about this, I am reminded of who we ourselves thought was the best recurring character.

John de Lancie as "Q" was masterful in playing that role. Serious to start with but became quite quirky and brought a great comic twist to several TNG, Voyager and one DS9 episode.

By *eltonmanMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

DS9 for me (Got to love Dax), followed by Voyager

Is Deep space 9" sounds more like a anal request

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

TNG, clearly.

Jean Luc Picard - the greatest man who never lived.

*intones head wisely*

TNG of course. DS9 was excellent though. Surprised by the love for voyager here, it was shit.

By *utty_JiggleCouple  over a year ago

Black Country

For me, the best series by far was DS9. All the characters grew as the series progressed. It was also the darker of the 5 series, showing that the federation / star fleet wasn't the honest and trusting organisation that your led to believe in the earlier variations of the program (Section 31). It also explored the Alien races a lot more other series.

The worse series has to be enterprise, just the theme tune alone was enough for me to not watch it.. Shame as I had really high hope after Sam Beckett (Scott baluka) was given the lead role.

Jiggle,

(Nutty can only just about tolerate the new films but that may be down to the actors that play Sherlock and syler are in them)

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

They are all so different; I couldn't choose a favourite since I loved all of them. Alexander Siddig (or Siddig El-Fadil as he was listed in the first series) was a beautiful, beautiful man though so DS9 would win the eye candy vote. Plus it had Dax in all its forms. And more Cardassians.

DS9 was the best for me. Good acting, intelligent plots. Who can forget "In the pale moonlight" and its "It's a fake" moment.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Another vote for DS9. Very strong writing and characters that actually changed and developed over time. Bashir and Garak's friendship was brilliant.

Next Gen very close behind, mainly due to awesomeness of Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Ds9 from season4 onwards was bloody brilliant

Voyager was ok but lost interest towards then end

I actually like enterprise

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

The original was the best, and voyager was the worst, put a woman in charge and they immediately get lost. Nice stereotype there.

DS9 was ok but it wasn't a patch on Babylon5 which had real intrigue and plot lines

Belfast

"Another vote for DS9. Very strong writing and characters that actually changed and developed over time. Bashir and Garak's friendship was brilliant.

Next Gen very close behind, mainly due to awesomeness of Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner."

OMG.. Amongst My fav scenes in ds9!

Garrick and bashir .. The little battle of wits frissons they had during their Promenade luncheons..

Almost flirtatious . So brilliantly choreographed .

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys - she deserved a golden globe, such a versatile and multi faceted portrayal,

Such a well written series with a top notch ensemble cast, puzzling why it's generally the least highly regarded amongst the different St Series spin offs

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Deep Space 9 was my favourite, had everything. Next Gen was periodically compelling and unwatchable esp the character-focus episodes, Deanna Troi/Wesley Crusher ones ebing particularly unwatchable. Voyager was broadly good, and Entreprise was getting there when canned. Still enjoy the original series and used to love the animated one as a kid too.

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"The original was the best, and voyager was the worst, put a woman in charge and they immediately get lost. Nice stereotype there.

DS9 was ok but it wasn't a patch on Babylon5 which had real intrigue and plot lines "

and yes B5 was incredible

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 31/01/16 19:08:54]

Belfast

"The original was the best, and voyager was the worst, put a woman in charge and they immediately get lost. Nice stereotype there.

DS9 was ok but it wasn't a patch on Babylon5 which had real intrigue and plot lines

and yes B5 was incredible "

Recall reading something online about paramount getting a few scripts from the b5 creator when they were shopping it around trying to get it produced / commissioned.

They (paramount) basically passed on it but went on to make ds9..lots of hostilities ensued between the shows resulting in majel Roddenberry making a cameo on b5 as a peace offering, or something like that.

B5 is a good show, but even though it shares a similar premise to ds9.. They share few parallels beyond.

It's kind of unfair the way some take a "one or the other" attitude, they're both good in their own right.

Personally prefer ds9.

By *obwithkiltMan  over a year ago

Belton

Ng for me...Picard is forever my captain. Patrick Stewart is a member of Skipton library! !

Just because it was what I grew up with I have to say TOS but TNG was a very close second, followed by DS9 , Enterprise and then Voyager.

I think that Robert Picardo was hands down the best thing about Voyager and brought pure class to anything he did, no matter how ridiculous.

Belfast

"Just because it was what I grew up with I have to say TOS but TNG was a very close second, followed by DS9 , Enterprise and then Voyager.

I think that Robert Picardo was hands down the best thing about Voyager and brought pure class to anything he did, no matter how ridiculous."

The Dr was great, hate how they binned kez, Harry Kim was due to be written out on account of on set-drama / showing up late for read throws.. And paramount requesting one of the regulars be written out. .

The story goes as a result of featuring in a magazine list and garnering the show publicly they opted to give kez the boot instead.

Ug, Harry Kim was such a boring character. Found Paris equally irritating.. Kezes character had so much potential, her abilities were increasing.. She was a new unexplored Ocampa species.. They did such a hack job with the character .

Her last appearance as a deranged, unhinged bint added insult to injury..ugh!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic