FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > E-Cigs

E-Cigs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone for any suggestions on what type to buy and the best place online to order them from. I (female half) am trying to quit and want to try one of these. Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

"Anyone for any suggestions on what type to buy and the best place online to order them from. I (female half) am trying to quit and want to try one of these. Thanks "

Go for an established brand with good consumer feedback.

Lots of iffy , amateurish, e-cig start ups out there cashing in on the popularity.. Offering good deals but not necessarily a good product with safely made vapour refills. Xx.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've been vapping 2 years now and love it. It all depends if you want to just try it or seriously want to quit smoking. For me I had to quit and it was just impossible for me. I started smoking at 12 and was hooked before I knew what addictions where. I get all my mods from amazon or there's 1 site I use to import from china

"Anyone for any suggestions on what type to buy and the best place online to order them from. I (female half) am trying to quit and want to try one of these. Thanks

Go for an established brand with good consumer feedback.

Lots of iffy , amateurish, e-cig start ups out there cashing in on the popularity.. Offering good deals but not necessarily a good product with safely made vapour refills. Xx. "

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for a decent branded name, so many and have no idea what's good or what's not. I suppose internet reviews would be good to look at too? Xx

"I've been vapping 2 years now and love it. It all depends if you want to just try it or seriously want to quit smoking. For me I had to quit and it was just impossible for me. I started smoking at 12 and was hooked before I knew what addictions where. I get all my mods from amazon or there's 1 site I use to import from china"

Ahh Bladey, it's fantasy81 on my couples profile, you couldn't pm me the brand you use could you xx

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

If you're anything more than a casual few cigs a day smoker, avoid the cheap ones that look like a cigarette, they're pretty useless.

Totally Wicked is one of the original vendors and it's where I started 5 years ago, but I get my stuff off various sites now as theirs are not the best prices.

There are so many variations to choose from these days, but as a general guide, I'd suggest a tank system which can be re-filled and that the coils can be changed - it's more cost effective and gives better vapour.

Personally, I still use my Vivi Nova tanks as the coils are only £1 each off ebay, and can be cleaned and dry burned to give around a month's use on a good one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone for any suggestions on what type to buy and the best place online to order them from. I (female half) am trying to quit and want to try one of these. Thanks "

Pm me as my sex is blocked from mailing you. I should be able to help you

"If you're anything more than a casual few cigs a day smoker, avoid the cheap ones that look like a cigarette, they're pretty useless.

Totally Wicked is one of the original vendors and it's where I started 5 years ago, but I get my stuff off various sites now as theirs are not the best prices.

There are so many variations to choose from these days, but as a general guide, I'd suggest a tank system which can be re-filled and that the coils can be changed - it's more cost effective and gives better vapour.

Personally, I still use my Vivi Nova tanks as the coils are only £1 each off ebay, and can be cleaned and dry burned to give around a month's use on a good one.

"

Thanks, probably 10 off a day, I shall have a look at that one

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I've been vapping 2 years now and love it. It all depends if you want to just try it or seriously want to quit smoking. For me I had to quit and it was just impossible for me. I started smoking at 12 and was hooked before I knew what addictions where. I get all my mods from amazon or there's 1 site I use to import from china

Ahh Bladey, it's fantasy81 on my couples profile, you couldn't pm me the brand you use could you xx"

No problem sweet. Tell you what you mail me while I get you a link xx

By *idseysCouple  over a year ago

redditch

I used Nicolites e-cig (not vape pen), you can buy them direct from nicolites online, or from tescos, superdrug etc etc. I used it for a year, then stopped using it altogether 3 weeks ago, don't miss it or the ciggies now

Mrs M

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Alot of the big tobacco companies have launched e-cig systems with widely available refills, depends if you want the convenience of availability or the economy of being able to use any e-liquid you choose as the tabacoo company ones can't be refilled and rely on liquid filled capsules made especially for the system...

Bat (British American tabs) have one that's available everywhere (vype)..

The starter pack costs around £15..

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"If you're anything more than a casual few cigs a day smoker, avoid the cheap ones that look like a cigarette, they're pretty useless.

"

The thing is i have vaped for 4 years not had a cig.

Spend the money, quality battery, fluid and atomiser go in the shop and try the product don't buy blind. Remember they are not cigs you have to learn how to "smoke" them. Persevere save a fortune and feel better. The initial outlay on quality is worth it, enjoy.

Halesowen

Most tanks have a 510 thread, meaning they will fit any 510 threaded battery. It's a bit of a misnomer to get hung up on a single name for an e-cig. The basic components are the tank and the battery. Don't get cheap batteries/chargers - they have a tendency to explode, but most batteries will fit most tanks, so it's a question of how long do you want the battery to last before re-charges. Get at least 2 batteries, so one is on charge whilst the other is in use. Keep a bunch of spare coils and bottles of fluid - I get liquids from one pound vape - they're the best value I've found and quality seems good.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate to be this person - but .....

e cigs are just another thing to get addicted to!

I was a smoker for over 25 years and recently quit in December after losing my e cig on a bus in Berlin!

I haven't smoked since.

The irony is I actually crave the e cig more than actual ciggerettes!

It is a great tool to try and wean yourself off the fags - but to be honest if I hadn't lost the e cig I think I would still be smoking it now!

x

Halesowen

"Alot of the big tobacco companies have launched e-cig systems with widely available refills, depends if you want the convenience of availability or the economy of being able to use any e-liquid you choose as the tabacoo company ones can't be refilled and rely on liquid filled capsules made especially for the system...

Bat (British American tabs) have one that's available everywhere (vype)..

The starter pack costs around £15..

."

Exactly, they screw you on the consumables and that type does not produce anywhere near enough vapour for me. Tried the e-lite and a few others early on, but they really were rubbish and a waste of money as far as I was concerned.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Thanks, probably 10 off a day, I shall have a look at that one "

G.P.'s are now allowed to prescribe the products so get in touch with smoking cessation on 0800 169 4219 for your nearest clinic.

G.P.'s are now allowed to prescribe the products so get in touch with smoking cessation on 0800 169 4219 for your nearest clinic. "

Are they? I will do so, I thought they was only patches etc which I can't use. Thanks for the advice

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

G.P.'s are now allowed to prescribe the products so get in touch with smoking cessation on 0800 169 4219 for your nearest clinic. "

Quality tip but does it work out cheaper?

G.P.'s are now allowed to prescribe the products so get in touch with smoking cessation on 0800 169 4219 for your nearest clinic.

Quality tip but does it work out cheaper?"

It would for me as for reasons I won't go into I get free prescriptions of they did do it for free that is? but they might not for this so would way it up.

» Add a new message to this topic