FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Waddya do that for man?

Waddya do that for man?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I once came in the house from the garden to get a drink of juice. I still had the side cutters I was working with in my hand and as I passed a mandolin hanging on the wall, for some inexplicable reason decided to cut the first four strings right through and made a pinging noise as I did it! Sort of the death throes of a mandolin string. I knew what the result would be I just couldn't help myself! It's the same as when you used to cut the hair off Sindy - no reason - end result - disappointment! So what daft and compelling destruction have you done just for the hell of it and a split second later thought what the f*** did I do that for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If the mandolin was tuned you're lucky one of the strings didn't take your eye out.

"If the mandolin was tuned you're lucky one of the strings didn't take your eye out."

I wasnt close up to it I sort of just pinged it as I went past.... see senseless. Besides, explaining myself without sounding like a lunatic to the disgruntled owner was far worse than injury!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Put my finger nail just underneath that loose endge of wall paper then counldnt resist giving it a little pull....

"If the mandolin was tuned you're lucky one of the strings didn't take your eye out.

I wasnt close up to it I sort of just pinged it as I went past.... see senseless. Besides, explaining myself without sounding like a lunatic to the disgruntled owner was far worse than injury!"

I hadn't realised the mandolin wasn't yours. That's almost unforgivable.

Banjos however are fair game. Vandalising a banjo is to commended whenever possible.

Vandalising a banjo is to be commended whenever possible.

I have ...I know I have .....knowing being the word....but I just can`t remember how or when .....I kinda remember the puzzling bewilderment and chagrin...but not the motivation...it is an odd thing curio of us ..isn`t it ...

"If the mandolin was tuned you're lucky one of the strings didn't take your eye out.

I wasnt close up to it I sort of just pinged it as I went past.... see senseless. Besides, explaining myself without sounding like a lunatic to the disgruntled owner was far worse than injury!

I hadn't realised the mandolin wasn't yours. That's almost unforgivable.

Banjos however are fair game. Vandalising a banjo is to commended whenever possible."

In my defence I pointed out I had bought it as a gift after all... cut no ice.. musicians are weird though... nope that didn't cut any ice either..

"Put my finger nail just underneath that loose endge of wall paper then counldnt resist giving it a little pull...."

Oooh thats a compelling one! My little brother once picked all of the badgers off his rupert the bear wallpaper! He didn't know why either!

i laways used to have an urge to throw my purse into rivers whenever i crossed one on a bridge, i would put my purse at the bottom of my rucksack so i wouldnt, eventually i thought i might as well do it, so i threw an old purse in with just small change in! it didnt really satisy me but i gradually lost the urge! am i weird? xx

i once had the urge to put my finger on the ring of an electric cooker just to see how hot it was of course it was very hot and i left several layers of my skin behind after that never had the urge to do it again

Yeah, I once had the odd urge to touch the glass on the front of the fire. Ah, the smell of burning flesh...

I once nipped my earlobe with some scissors to see if it would hurt

and yes, it did

I was the fruitloop in my school who stuck a hairgrip in every wall socket I passed....used to love the bang flash it made!

"i once had the urge to put my finger on the ring of an electric cooker just to see how hot it was of course it was very hot and i left several layers of my skin behind after that never had the urge to do it again "

...ouch! Same as polishing the dash on your dads car and popping the lighter till it glowed red and you just knew it was daft to touch... it left a horrible white coiled burn!! The stink was vile... but you did it time and time again lol...

» Add a new message to this topic