FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nicknames

Nicknames

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just thinking about how on meets, social or otherwise, I tend to call Marc by his nickname rather than his actual name because it's so natural to me. I was thinking about how that might be confusing for some of our meets since my nickname for him sounds similar to a real name...

It got me thinking...do you usually have a special nickname for partners/people you're dating or do you tend to use the more generic endearments (honey, baby, etc.)?

-Courtney

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can't bring myself to use generic endearments.

I usually call people/partners by their name or a version of it (extended/full or something made up).

@.......

By *edallionMan  over a year ago

manchester

Interesting topic.

Would like to see what couples think about this.

I'm not comfortable with using nicknames until I really know the person well. Until then I'll call them by their first name.

"I'm not comfortable with using nicknames until I really know the person well. Until then I'll call them by their first name."

But what about when you know them well....generic or special nickname? Or none?

"@......."

8=D

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We don't have nicknames for each other although we sometimes call each other "mate" which some people find d hugely amusing

"I'm not comfortable with using nicknames until I really know the person well. Until then I'll call them by their first name.

But what about when you know them well....generic or special nickname? Or none?"

When I know them then I'm quite happy to use a nickname, usually the one their known as. I guess the only special nicknames I have are at the moment for family.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I used to call ma ex Babe when we were in private. As her name was Debra, as opposed to Deborah, I called her Debs when we were in company. If I wanted to wind her up, I'd call her Debbie which she hated

By *edallionMan  over a year ago

manchester

"I'm not comfortable with using nicknames until I really know the person well. Until then I'll call them by their first name.

But what about when you know them well....generic or special nickname? Or none?"

How about calling them what you like or comfortable with. Its good to be discrete but taking it even to nicknames is quite funny if you ask me. It's not that deep!

But what about when you know them well....generic or special nickname? Or none?

How about calling them what you like or comfortable with. Its good to be discrete but taking it even to nicknames is quite funny if you ask me. It's not that deep!"

What do you mean?

The people I've met from Fab, I tend to call them by whatever name they use on here.

I was out with Peach Perfect last week and it seemed strange to call her by her real name, so in the club I referred to her as 'Peach', both to her and introducing her to others!

Hm, I don't think I framed it right. I meant long term partners or people you're dating as opposed to people you meet off fab.

But I guess you can answer for either/both

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I haven't ever given long term partners nicknames or used generic terms such as sweetie.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've had my nick name since school it's quite funny when it's noticed on my cars plate but as for partners no can't say I use them

"I used to call ma ex Babe when we were in private. As her name was Debra, as opposed to Deborah, I called her Debs when we were in company. If I wanted to wind her up, I'd call her Debbie which she hated "

You're a Dick.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I used to call ma ex Babe when we were in private. As her name was Debra, as opposed to Deborah, I called her Debs when we were in company. If I wanted to wind her up, I'd call her Debbie which she hated

You're a Dick."

That's why on the Deed Poll Name Change ? thread, I said I'd change ma surname to Head

I either call Nell Angel or Hobgoblin.

"I either call Nell Angel or Hobgoblin."

Now there's a post for the grammar police!

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

I adore proper forenames and rarely, if ever use shorthand or generic diminutive terms in place of.

Terms of affection sometimes, I always use forenames in full though.

"I was just thinking about how on meets, social or otherwise, I tend to call Marc by his nickname rather than his actual name because it's so natural to me. I was thinking about how that might be confusing for some of our meets since my nickname for him sounds similar to a real name...

It got me thinking...do you usually have a special nickname for partners/people you're dating or do you tend to use the more generic endearments (honey, baby, etc.)?

-Courtney"

yes used to call my ex hun she asked me once why I said after attila the hun ,I would always call you chipperoo

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

What's a partner? I'll have get back to you on that one. All I will say is that I like people to call me by my actual name. There's a personal reason for me being like that but I just would not allow anyone to call me by a nickname.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Looking back at my relationships, i've used generic nicknames with the guys who i've been less into! And special made up ones for the ones I was utterly in love with.

Specific nicknames which make no sense to anyone else, and are probably mildly offensive, so we don't use them around other people

By *ustOneNightCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

My habits have tended to be either the full version of their name if they go by a shortened version day to day - e.g Alexandra, when everyone called them Alex, or a custom nickname that we create together. I tend to only use "generic" endearments (babe, love, etc) for more casual partners.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

There are a few friends and ex-partners that call me by a slightly rude sounding diminutive of my actual name. The current squeeze and I do have names for each other and they're not generic, are based on our actual names and relationship and weren't discussed, just a natural linguistic evolution between people who are close.

"I was just thinking about how on meets, social or otherwise, I tend to call Marc by his nickname rather than his actual name because it's so natural to me. I was thinking about how that might be confusing for some of our meets since my nickname for him sounds similar to a real name...

-Courtney"

When I first joined fab sometime ago( I have since rejoined).a couples profile had seen my face pic and contacted me by a nickname that only a small circle of friends used..couple of days later we met up and ended the afternoon at cams.lovely friends

I make nicknames up for all the people I love. It's sort of an involuntary compulsion and the nicknames evolve over time. For the last year or so my little boys have been 'Chops McGraw' and 'Stinker Magoo'.

I call MrWho by his name or just 'mister', I'm sure it'll become something else in a couple of months.

An old playmate of mine used to call me Dinks....purley because i have dinky nipples in comparison to my boob size.

I really like the nickname, so kept it for friends to call me

My fab name (Mike) is my first, given, name.

Whereas I'm known by my middle name to family and friends

It confused the hell out of the person I was meeting when I answered the phone with my "real" name

Just in cards to each other; we tend to still use the cutesy names that we used for each other in our teens!

My exes all had the idea that nick names were supposed to be a mandatory part of the relationship, calling me things like pookie and pickle. I've never seen the point especially as I already go by a nickname. My last gf however was very kitten like so, called her kitten.

I call an ex - who's still a good friend - my piglet or plain old Pig. His surname's Hogg.

"I call an ex - who's still a good friend - my piglet or plain old Pig. His surname's Hogg. "

Added to that, he's one of few people that refers to me by my full name. So I guess it's somewhat a nickname as other people call me by a shortened version of my name.

Hey chipperoo nicknames are good

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Hey chipperoo nicknames are good"

» Add a new message to this topic