FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > decaprios acceptance speech

decaprios acceptance speech

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well deserved for his acting .he is a future legend of the silverscreen.

The way he speaks out against climate change is where the man really excels. Loved how he took his stage to get the message over that greed does not come before the planet.

well done sir.I applaud you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

A truly great and talented actor

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well deserved for his acting .he is a future legend of the silverscreen.

The way he speaks out against climate change is where the man really excels. Loved how he took his stage to get the message over that greed does not come before the planet.

well done sir.I applaud you "

Yeah like lets celebrate the contribution to humanity of a bunch of extremely privileged individuals who've been graced with the good fortune of earning a generous living for pretending to be someone else .....

We need more of this..... it's vital for humanity that we remain focused on admiring people blessed with so much,,,, we should never lose sight of how important it is to watch themselves patting each other on the back....

Mark grufalo who was in spotlight is a long time environmentalist!.

Rumour is he's working on a film with decaprio on fracking in LA/California.

As for decaprio I've always considered him the greatest actor of his generation and anybody with his gravitas speaking out really can't do any harm.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

He is certainly up there with Clooney and Crowe as the best of his generation

"Yeah like lets celebrate the contribution to humanity of a bunch of extremely privileged individuals who've been graced with the good fortune of earning a generous living for pretending to be someone else .....

We need more of this..... it's vital for humanity that we remain focused on admiring people blessed with so much,,,, we should never lose sight of how important it is to watch themselves patting each other on the back.... "

That's the real problem we face!

People have this notion that we can "get out" of the problem with a little tweaking here and there!

They just don't get that it means massive changes to the way we all live!.

Everyone's in favour of doing stuff, yet they still want to drive and fly everywhere, still want to buy cheap shit from pound shops...

What we actually need is a Bob geldof.... Fuck the numbers, we need to be doing stuff NOW

"Yeah like lets celebrate the contribution to humanity of a bunch of extremely privileged individuals who've been graced with the good fortune of earning a generous living for pretending to be someone else .....

We need more of this..... it's vital for humanity that we remain focused on admiring people blessed with so much,,,, we should never lose sight of how important it is to watch themselves patting each other on the back.... .

People have this notion that we can "get out" of the problem with a little tweaking here and there!

Everyone's in favour of doing stuff, yet they still want to drive and fly everywhere, still want to buy cheap shit from pound shops...

What we actually need is a Bob geldof.... Fuck the numbers, we need to be doing stuff NOW"

Nice speech..... although too be fair..... I've never bumped into Leonardo shopping in Poundland......

I think Bob Geldof buys his hair conditioner there ...... but I could be mistaken ..

We need more of this..... it's vital for humanity that we remain focused on admiring people blessed with so much,,,, we should never lose sight of how important it is to watch themselves patting each other on the back.... "

People are all talk..talk a great game...set the example...live by your words.

We need more of this..... it's vital for humanity that we remain focused on admiring people blessed with so much,,,, we should never lose sight of how important it is to watch themselves patting each other on the back.... .

What we actually need is a Bob geldof.... Fuck the numbers, we need to be doing stuff NOW

Nice speech..... although too be fair..... I've never bumped into Leonardo shopping in Poundland......

I think Bob Geldof buys his hair conditioner there ...... but I could be mistaken .. "

I meant we need somebody to conduct the sense of urgency that is now required... ...

I'm free for this role if there's a private jet thrown in

I think Bob Geldof buys his hair conditioner there ...... but I could be mistaken .. .

I meant we need somebody to conduct the sense of urgency that is now required... ...

I'm free for this role if there's a private jet thrown in "

Well apparently Leonardo flew by private jet six time in one month and seemingly owns a 450 ft motor yacht and a private island .....

So it's really good of him to use his speech too tell the rest of us to look after the planet.......

But then again..... tuh... maybe I'm being overly harsh... after all ..... he did donate 15 million dollars to environment campaigns which much surely give him the right to a have a much larger carbon foot than the rest of us mere mortals

Great guy..... great guy...

I think Bob Geldof buys his hair conditioner there ...... but I could be mistaken .. .

I'm free for this role if there's a private jet thrown in

Well apparently Leonardo flew by private jet six time in one month and seemingly owns a 450 ft motor yacht and a private island .....

So it's really good of him to use his speech too tell the rest of us to look after the planet.......

But then again..... tuh... maybe I'm being overly harsh... after all ..... he did donate 15 million dollars to environment campaigns which much surely give him the right to a have a much larger carbon foot than the rest of us mere mortals

Great guy..... great guy... "

Yeah I know, unfortunately celebs are celebs, it's just a Shame people like professor Kevin Anderson of the Tyndall centre don't have the same sort of draw with the public.... There's a climate change expert who hasn't flown for 11 years, wears second hand clothes, takes public transport and cycles...

The message is still the same, no matter who delivers it... Hypocrisy doesn't help I agree, but the sad reality is people listen to celebrities, that's why they get the jobs in advertising crumpets and car insurance... .

Without celebrity's the cases like flint Michigan just get pushed to the very very back pages!

Maybe we should all follow in his footsteps to save the planet by having 5 mansions a few cars and a 450ft boat ..

By *fricanMann2077Man  over a year ago

Stoke On Trent

He finally won it. It would have been funny if someone else had won it instead of him lol.

"Maybe we should all follow in his footsteps to save the planet by having 5 mansions a few cars and a 450ft boat .."

The fact of the matter is no matter how hypocritical it is.. Stopping All the billionaires in great big yachts won't stop climate change, in fact it wouldn't even put a dent in it!. And once the c02 is in the atmosphere, it's in it for hundreds of years, apart from a few natural carbon capturing cycles, that's it, we've raised it to 400 now and that's where it's staying for a long time, even if Leonard gives up his five mansions

If anyone's actually interested in where the problem is... Turn on Google earth at night.

The big bright bits are the main culprits

» Add a new message to this topic