FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > streaming, what do you use?

streaming, what do you use?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After months of fighting with sky, over a billing issue, I've finally won, and can now carry on with my life.

My new plan for my entertainment needs, is to make use of streaming services, like netflix, but I'm at a loss as to what hardware to use for my much tv, its old and although it has two hdmi ports, it needs a box of some sort.

I've looked at now tv, because I can just have the subscription while game of thrones is on, and then let it lapse until the next season.

What's everyone else using?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

putlocker

"After months of fighting with sky, over a billing issue, I've finally won, and can now carry on with my life.

My new plan for my entertainment needs, is to make use of streaming services, like netflix, but I'm at a loss as to what hardware to use for my much tv, its old and although it has two hdmi ports, it needs a box of some sort.

I've looked at now tv, because I can just have the subscription while game of thrones is on, and then let it lapse until the next season.

What's everyone else using?"

John up to cartoon hd mate and you can stream new films etc for free. If you have Apple TV box you can then mirror phone, iPad to the TV and watch there. I'm just watching new star was on it as I type, hd copy too

Amazon Fire box

Ps4 in the living room. Bedroom we have a smart tv but got a roku stick gor the kids room xx

"After months of fighting with sky, over a billing issue, I've finally won, and can now carry on with my life.

John up to cartoon hd mate and you can stream new films etc for free. If you have Apple TV box you can then mirror phone, iPad to the TV and watch there. I'm just watching new star was on it as I type, hd copy too"

I though cartoon hd was no longer, I'll have to have a look if it's back again, watched loads of films on that before.

I live in an old country cottage and didn't want a sky dish stuck on the house so I bought a nowtv box. Does me. Sky movies for a tenner a month.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's looking like its going to be Android box I think

Netflix and torrent downloads. I don't really need the Netflix but it's handy sonetimes when I can't think of what to watch or I'm at my mums. I hate TV and not owned one for years. Watched a bit round my mums on mothers day and it was so fucking boring. Pardon the language but that's how boring it was. And the adverts, oh the bloody same crap ads on a loop. How do you guys put with that?

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

why pay for a box or subscription when you can download kodi for free?

John up to cartoon hd mate and you can stream new films etc for free. If you have Apple TV box you can then mirror phone, iPad to the TV and watch there. I'm just watching new star was on it as I type, hd copy too

I though cartoon hd was no longer, I'll have to have a look if it's back again, watched loads of films on that before. "

Yea was down for a few days but back up and running now mate

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampton

Hi guys im after some information from some of your technophobes

Iv cancelled sky as i bought an android box with kodi for the bedroom, i was going to get another box for the living room, however, i have an lg android tv 18 months old in there can i download kodi to that?

And if so do i download arm or x86?

Your help would be appreciated

Him

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Chromecast 2 and cartoon hd.

Just got to figure out what series to binge watch now..... Dexter....The Walking Dead....mmmmm

In the good old days I'd just stand outside Radio Rentals and lick the Windows.

Lube

I use kodi.get virtually everything on it great app. I also use nowtvuk another great streaming app. Forget paying extortionate prices.

if your after now tv then Argos have the boxes with either 6 months entertainment or 4 months movies for 19.99 currently plus if you have a friend already on it you can get money off after that period with a code... Just google recomend a friend

By *jj46Man  over a year ago

rhyl

I bought a gbox q from amazon paid a 100quid I think there cheaper fast streaming 32g memory.

But the likes of all these boxes

Is it true to say it's all down to your internet speed ?

Am from a tiny town where Internet is so slow you de probably make the film / tv programme quicker yourself

By *umslut jannineTV/TS  over a year ago

nottingham

"why pay for a box or subscription when you can download kodi for free?"

Got kodi on my laptop and firestick now running on wookie it's the dogs bollocks

Wookie rules and I have crap 3mbps .Connection

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

A couple of guys at work recommend an M8 android boX, about £40 on that action site. Kodi pre-loaded...8g memory plus a slot for additional memory... That's what I'm going to get...

"A couple of guys at work recommend an M8 android boX, about £40 on that action site. Kodi pre-loaded...8g memory plus a slot for additional memory... That's what I'm going to get..."

Thats what i have

By *rytherainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

If I dump my sky subscription and buy a now tv box is there a catch up facility on it to watch the upcoming series of Game of Thrones as we can't always watch things as they air...

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Now TV but only for films as it can't record.

Most of the builds such as wookie and the beast will allow you to watch episodes almost as if they are box sets. I am murder for finding a new American series and watching one episode after another.

» Add a new message to this topic