FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Serving smokers...

Serving smokers...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This might cause a bit of controversy, but hey ho - it isn't a dig at anyone who does smoke!

At my new job in a convenience store, it's against company policy to serve anyone that's d*unk, however as long as anyone's of legal age we're allowed to serve them tobacco, cigarettes and so on... however, I feel guilty serving customers any smoking products when they have a clear health symptom that could be aggravated by smoking - such as shortness of breath, a wheeze to their voice or similar. My decision on whether to sell alcohol to someone is based on my own observations and judgment of whether that person is d*unk or not.

I'd still feel guilty on providing any service which a person could get addicted to though, such as gambling.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not your job to place restrictions needlessly though, and it'll possibly cause unwanted aggravation for you if you do impose them.

Let them make their own choices.

"It's not your job to place restrictions needlessly though, and it'll possibly cause unwanted aggravation for you if you do impose them.

Let them make their own choices."

Oh I know that.

At the same time I'm aware that there's other reasons why a person could have those symptoms I mentioned.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

How do you know who the tobacco is intended for ?

"It's not your job to place restrictions needlessly though, and it'll possibly cause unwanted aggravation for you if you do impose them.

Let them make their own choices.

Oh I know that.

At the same time I'm aware that there's other reasons why a person could have those symptoms I mentioned."

Just tell yourself that your guilt is misplaced, and your job takes priority.

"How do you know who the tobacco is intended for ?"

Exactly - I don't.

Just like, if someone buys alcohol, I don't know who that's intendee for.

Their life their business its their own choice to make whatever anyones opinion xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"This might cause a bit of controversy, but hey ho - it isn't a dig at anyone who does smoke!

At my new job in a convenience store, it's against company policy to serve anyone that's d*unk, however as long as anyone's of legal age we're allowed to serve them tobacco, cigarettes and so on... however, I feel guilty serving customers any smoking products when they have a clear health symptom that could be aggravated by smoking - such as shortness of breath, a wheeze to their voice or similar. My decision on whether to sell alcohol to someone is based on my own observations and judgment of whether that person is d*unk or not.

I'd still feel guilty on providing any service which a person could get addicted to though, such as gambling."

Change your job then.

Have you heard of autonomy OP? You may want to look it up. My decision whether to smoke myself to death not a shop girls.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Your job is to serve not be a health assesor.

And yes I can talk from experience as have worked in a wine and booze shop for 3 years.

Its not easy yes when someone walks in at 7am asking for a super skol but as mentioned above they could be buying it for someone else or for later

» Add a new message to this topic