FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life reboot

Life reboot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Basically it dawned on me the other day my life is pretty much plodding in a rut in most aspects.

I know what I want to achieve but can't get there from here if that makes sense so need to totally overhaul - new job and place to live in the interim.

Has anyone else been here and what did you do or any advise would be approciated.

Much love

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When all else fails shave your legs and buy a frock....

Life rebooted .....

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

"When all else fails shave your legs and buy a frock....

Life rebooted ..... "

Yes, this!

Haha bit leftfield for me- will never be fully vanilla though after this lifestyle

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Basically it dawned on me the other day my life is pretty much plodding in a rut in most aspects.

I know what I want to achieve but can't get there from here if that makes sense so need to totally overhaul - new job and place to live in the interim.

Has anyone else been here and what did you do or any advise would be approciated.

Much love"

Yes been there and it took a couple of years to achieve the reboot.

You already know what you need to do start looking for a new job and somewhere else to live

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Just on with mine , it's going well , Life truly does begin at 40

That's good to hear - just feeling so stale so going to change everything in one go!

"Basically it dawned on me the other day my life is pretty much plodding in a rut in most aspects.

Much love"

Probably sounds completely mad but I`ve been divorced twice - and now live with a lady I met off here 5 years ago. Life is great and, when I look back, divorce actually did me the world of good! Things were stale and I had married the wrong people (for which I take my fair share of the blame) - crazy really but I suppose I`ve had 2 "re-boots" and they have both been tremendously positive (in time and with the benefit of hindsight)

Much love

Probably sounds completely mad but I`ve been divorced twice - and now live with a lady I met off here 5 years ago. Life is great and, when I look back, divorce actually did me the world of good! Things were stale and I had married the wrong people (for which I take my fair share of the blame) - crazy really but I suppose I`ve had 2 "re-boots" and they have both been tremendously positive (in time and with the benefit of hindsight) "

Thanks for replying, great to hear it's going well

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I had a minor reboot once in so far as I gave most of my clothes to charity and bought new stuff, almost all in khaki green and blue and black with about 10 plain T shirts in a variety of colours. It meant I could wear almost any combination of clothes (by grabbing the first thing) and would look good, new haircut and it gave me a confidence boost.

I suppose joining fab was another.

Physically getting rid of stuff was very cathartic so if you're able to do that, it may encourage you to make further changes.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself,new town, new life. I have a good idea of what I want to be doing but I would prefer to have a partner to share the work load and the burden of self employment.

Yeah, I've been there. I packed my life into 3 suitcases, grabbed my dogs, and moved to England with my husband.

Worked out pretty well for me. Just go for it. Big changes are just made up of lots of little changes.

Yep I've done it. At 36 I did new town, new job, new house. Taught me a lot about myself. Go for it.

Yep, I'm kinda there myself now!! Got divorced last year. So thats one big change! In the next couple of months me, my son and the pooch are moving house!! On to make some new happy memories! Same area but just the 3 of us! I've also got plans to cut my working week and maybe volunteer somewhere too. I need a change!!!

Yes, at 46 I trained in a new career and got a divorce. Amicably so me, him and kids all happier.

Xx

Well looks like i have the bones of a plan

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

One step at a time - taking some correct action is better than staying stuck.

» Add a new message to this topic