FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Roundabouts ..

Roundabouts ..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who else finds roundabout road markings confusing and inconsistent? Often i near a roundabout where the matkings indicate the lane to a certain direction, only for the markings to change towards another direction at the roundabout, or worse..through the roundabout.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They drive me round the bend...

Yes I agree.

It annoys me more when people don't indicate at all, or ignore the fact there are 2 lanes.

And the signs for big traffic light controlled ones are not placed early enough to be in the right lane. It only works if you use the road regularly.

"Yes I agree.

It annoys me more when people don't indicate at all, or ignore the fact there are 2 lanes.

And the signs for big traffic light controlled ones are not placed early enough to be in the right lane. It only works if you use the road regularly.

"

Exactly !

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Has any body else noticed how many of the big roundabouts are being replaced with traffic light controlled cross roads ? Nine local to us in the last year

Looking at your location we must use the same roads op!

"Looking at your location we must use the same roads op!"

While i cant comment on roundabouts outside of north east, most of the ones ive encountered here are terrible!

By *appyguy17Man  over a year ago

walthamstow

anyone ever tried going around Vauxhall junction ?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Nope. Never found that. I learnt to drive in milton Keynes, spiritual home of the roundabout.

In general it's pretty easy to understand. Left lane for straight on or left, right lane for right. Larger roundabouts may have more lanes but again, fairly simple to work out.

By *ubik cubeMan  over a year ago

Near Liverpool

I think this question is just going to end up going around in circles!!!

Swindon

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"anyone ever tried going around Vauxhall junction ?

"

I've tried crossing it. Confusing!

"Swindon "

Never again will i do that roundabout

evesham

I think if you don't have time to work out where you are going you are approaching it too fast

By *appyguy17Man  over a year ago

walthamstow

"anyone ever tried going around Vauxhall junction ?

I've tried crossing it. Confusing!"

you're lucky to be alive.......enjoy your day x

You are all loopy! x

By *ltravioletWoman  over a year ago

In amongst the Unicorns & fairy dust

"Who else finds roundabout road markings confusing and inconsistent? Often i near a roundabout where the matkings indicate the lane to a certain direction, only for the markings to change towards another direction at the roundabout, or worse..through the roundabout. "
I was tought to treat roundabouts like a clock face - if your exit is before 6 o'clock be in the outside lane if it's after 6 o'clock be on the inside lane and move our accordingly most of all plan ahead - if that fails you can always go round again , which is much safer than cutting across the path of another vehicle

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

I always preferred the slide

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

[Removed by poster at 30/05/16 09:30:12]

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Think I know the one that you are talking about. If not sure, pick the correct lane to start with (as shown by sign / road markings) and then just follow the lanel markings on one side, probably left hand side. It should be simple after that (unless you are going into the petrol station or pub!)

This post is all just swing(er)s and roundabouts

What's more annoying is people who have no idea how to use a roundabout

"What's more annoying is people who have no idea how to use a roundabout "

That goes hand in hand with confusing road markings. Some people have difficulty because of the misdirections. Which begs the question, how are you supposed to operate something if the instructions dont work.

evesham

"What's more annoying is people who have no idea how to use a roundabout

That goes hand in hand with confusing road markings. Some people have difficulty because of the misdirections. Which begs the question, how are you supposed to operate something if the instructions dont work."

But really how much of a lane change will it cause? If there are 6 lanes on a roundabout I'd wager the left hand 2 go left, the middle 2 go straight on and the right hand 2 go right.....it's really not that hard to work out even with lane markings.

That goes hand in hand with confusing road markings. Some people have difficulty because of the misdirections. Which begs the question, how are you supposed to operate something if the instructions dont work.

But really how much of a lane change will it cause? If there are 6 lanes on a roundabout I'd wager the left hand 2 go left, the middle 2 go straight on and the right hand 2 go right.....it's really not that hard to work out even with lane markings. "

Not all (or many) multi lane roundabouts are marked so efficiently and straight forward. Thats the annoying part

Large roundabouts tend to be gyratories. Designed so your lane winds out to the exit.

I live in a town where there are no traffic lights...just thought id say

evesham

But really how much of a lane change will it cause? If there are 6 lanes on a roundabout I'd wager the left hand 2 go left, the middle 2 go straight on and the right hand 2 go right.....it's really not that hard to work out even with lane markings.

Not all (or many) multi lane roundabouts are marked so efficiently and straight forward. Thats the annoying part "

every multi lane roundabout i have ever used has been sufficiently marked out using road markings and overhead gantrie

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Yes very much so. We like near a busy roundabout and despite the road being clearly marked, not so clear on the sign posts, no one is ever in the correct Lane.i get cut up on a daily basis I can recognise the ppl in the wrong Lane.

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"

In general it's pretty easy to understand. Left lane for straight on or left, right lane for right. Larger roundabouts may have more lanes but again, fairly simple to work out. "

You would think so wouldn't you?

However, around here it would appear that (entry lanes) the left is for left only, right hand lane (if there are 3) is right or straight on, lane 2 is for any damn exit you want....... doesn't matter if it is left, right or straight on, lane 2 is the one to go for

» Add a new message to this topic