FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Concerns about local Council building am estate near wildlife rich area

Concerns about local Council building am estate near wildlife rich area

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I realise i am feeding the trolls here.. But fuck them.. i'm posting anyway. Just seen plans put forward and a public meeting about it. I am concerned about the impact on the wildlife as its near dense woodland with a fair anount of wildlife. would i be wasting my time voicing my concerns? Would they give a shit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, it's worth raising your concerns.

The Council will most likely public consultation over it so find out.

I also imagine there will be a group that will lobby against it. Join them.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

ANY concentration of housing near wildlife rich areas are bad news. There are non-respecters of wildlife across the board, people will have cats and dogs that would be allowed to roam etc. etc.

Object, join a pressure group, write to your MP (who HAS to reply), do whatever is in your power!

It might be worth bending your local councillors ear too - they are there as a conduit and may also be one of the people voting on its go ahead.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"It might be worth bending your local councillors ear too - they are there as a conduit and may also be one of the people voting on its go ahead."

And if they`re up for re-election soon .........

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Well presumably there were other interest groups at the public meeting?

Did you talk to them?

Join them?

Write to council.

Find local wildlife interest groups on google and find out their opinion, and what they are doing about it.

Are there particular rare species living in that area?

Etc etc.

Times like this adopt the swampy approach. Dig in fella.

Although make sure they are actually going to build it or you could be sat there for a while.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

You need to report seeing protected species up there like those rare newts(it could slow the whole process down) at least until they ask for proof

"I realise i am feeding the trolls here.. But fuck them.. i'm posting anyway. Just seen plans put forward and a public meeting about it. I am concerned about the impact on the wildlife as its near dense woodland with a fair anount of wildlife. would i be wasting my time voicing my concerns? Would they give a shit? "

Probably not...they didn't give a shit in North Yorkshire.

Question is, wildlife? Or humans? Who should have a home?

"I realise i am feeding the trolls here.. But fuck them.. i'm posting anyway. Just seen plans put forward and a public meeting about it. I am concerned about the impact on the wildlife as its near dense woodland with a fair anount of wildlife. would i be wasting my time voicing my concerns? Would they give a shit? "

Depends what the wildlife is?

can you be more specific

Defenatly protest im sure you won't be the only objector. Xxx

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"ANY concentration of housing near wildlife rich areas are bad news. There are non-respecters of wildlife across the board, people will have cats and dogs that would be allowed to roam etc. etc.

Object, join a pressure group, write to your MP (who HAS to reply), do whatever is in your power!"

Well, for a start, The Wildlife Trusts are based in Sunderland

Pop down there, see what's going on, what their reaction is and how they're lobbying the Council and Natural England;

Is the site a SSSI ?

What protection status does it have?

And volunteer

Perhaps the council had conducted a risk assessment

Perhaps the planners have included a conservation initiative in the planning warrant intended to ultimately benefit the local wildlife...

But perhaps they have done neither and your concerns are totally justified ,,,,,

However unless you ask, you are basically condoning the conditions of any plan they decide to implement

It's a no brainer..... what's the worsts that could happen...

Good luck anyway,,,,,, I hope you get a favourable outcome...

You can always oppose the planning for the site . It will have to go to the planning office . This is an opportunity for the local community to voice its opinions .

Has the woodland SSI, if so this should aid your cause .

Good luck buddy

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Question is, wildlife? Or humans? Who should have a home?"

Wildlife, there are plenty of places the could do with renovating. Inner cities have loads of old industrial and commercial buildings, that are waiting to be flattened and made into homes.

"Question is, wildlife? Or humans? Who should have a home?

Wildlife, there are plenty of places the could do with renovating. Inner cities have loads of old industrial and commercial buildings, that are waiting to be flattened and made into homes."

Thought so

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Given the pressure to build houses; perhaps the council have to make a choice;

Which of the green areas do they choose? Perhaps others have particular species which are more important;

Or are better conservation areas.

Though I do agree; it is dire in UK that not enough use is made for rebuilding on derelict brownfield sites - and that successive governments have not put in place policies and tax structures to favour urban regeneration, rather than greenfield building.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Wildlife, there are plenty of places the could do with renovating. Inner cities have loads of old industrial and commercial buildings, that are waiting to be flattened and made into homes."

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I have acted as a consultant on both sides of these sort of cases, the main piece of advice I always give (and is always ignored) is try to see the opposition's point of view, then work towards a compromise. Otherwise you simply run the risk of being written off as NIMBYs and ignored.

Specific questions:

Who is putting forward the proposals, council or developer?

Is it on the Local Plan? Or is this for the Local Plan? Are there other, more suitable areas nearby? Do they simply have a better-organised opposition group?

What sort of woodland is it? Age, types of tree, existing public access etc.

What sort of proven wildlife is there?

What studies have already been undertaken? You will be able to view these at the council, but ours always puts them on-line.

What are the views of your local Wildlife Trust?

What are the roads like leading to the area? Are there plans to improve them?

Join a local group, but try to remember my very first piece of advice.

Remember also we need so many new houses, and they have to be built somewhere.

Mr.ddc

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

I doubt if the site is an a SSSI or UNESCO heritage site that planning would have even be submitted.

Easiest way to interfere with any development is to enforce any Tree Preservation issues…fruit trees such as cherries are protected.

A legal & innovative way to protect such land is to build something on it & copyright it as a piece of art. Intellectual property is protected by law.

Before anyone asks…I come across such things…my life is bizarre

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

& btw…to the person that suggested volunteering

We allegedly live in a democracy, so lets make use of it

Wherever they build,and they have to build,wildlife will be disturbed and displaced. Rare wildlife have some right to stay put,anything else is collateral damage. Everywhere someone lives was once the home to nature. There is a whole new development going up alongside the Thames in Barking with thousands of apartments,a school and reportedly a complex to rival the docklands. Where will that wildlife go? If your woodland is hosting rare wildlife you may have a chance,if not you'll have lots of neighbours to welcome to your area.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

Wildlife, there are plenty of places the could do with renovating. Inner cities have loads of old industrial and commercial buildings, that are waiting to be flattened and made into homes.

Thought so"

They have just started a 12,000 homes build scheme in the Clacton area and some of this is green belt, yes inner cities do have lots of old buildings but prices in cities make it impossible to live there unless you are wealthy.

People in Clacton had a whinge about it but the town as an whole see the bigger picture that the UK as a serious housing shortage and our youngsters need homes too.

Obviously its a no brainer when it comes to peoples health and well being or building on some green belts.

Cameron will be out very soon and it couldn't have happened to a better guy lol.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"Wherever they build,and they have to build,wildlife will be disturbed and displaced. Rare wildlife have some right to stay put,anything else is collateral damage. Everywhere someone lives was once the home to nature. There is a whole new development going up alongside the Thames in Barking with thousands of apartments,a school and reportedly a complex to rival the docklands. Where will that wildlife go? If your woodland is hosting rare wildlife you may have a chance,if not you'll have lots of neighbours to welcome to your area. "

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

It is cheaper to build on green belt land, the current government seem to have a policy of approving green belt planning applications despite them being refused at local level. Over one thousand homes to go up in the Ribble Valley, all on agricultural land.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I would voice my concerns about this as well as raise the profile of the issue, so that it gets greater levels of attention and protest.

I am a strong supporter of wildlife and habitat issues and there are usually alternative options for development plans that don't carry the same harms.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"It is cheaper to build on green belt land, the current government seem to have a policy of approving green belt planning applications despite them being refused at local level. Over one thousand homes to go up in the Ribble Valley, all on agricultural land."
Exactly cheaper to build on green belt and tree preservation orders don,t mean anything with our council where moneys concerned.

It breaks my heart to see our countryside being destroyed. Sadly this is going to happen more often, it is the result of an exponential increase in population.

Vote LEAVE!

Derbyshire

"It breaks my heart to see our countryside being destroyed. Sadly this is going to happen more often, it is the result of an exponential increase in population.

Vote LEAVE! "

Technically our ageing population is a bigger drain on our housing stock than the youngsters we need to pick our veg, work in the NHS and serve in our eateries.

Vote: Euthanasia vs Youth from Asia?

(Or we could just build the infrastructure, while ensuring it is in the right place)

"It breaks my heart to see our countryside being destroyed. Sadly this is going to happen more often, it is the result of an exponential increase in population.

Vote LEAVE!

Technically our ageing population is a bigger drain on our housing stock than the youngsters we need to pick our veg, work in the NHS and serve in our eateries.

(Or we could just build the infrastructure, while ensuring it is in the right place)"

I would like to know why that is if you can explain please.

Vote LEAVE!

(Or we could just build the infrastructure, while ensuring it is in the right place)"

I do think they got it right in Soylent Green

Derbyshire

"I do think they got it right in Soylent Green "

I had to Google that, at first I asssumed it was a leafy village somewhere near the River Wye

Vote LEAVE!

(Or we could just build the infrastructure, while ensuring it is in the right place)

I do think they got it right in Soylent Green "

One of my favourite films, sadly it can now been seen as almost a documentary!

» Add a new message to this topic