FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life after Brexit…?

Life after Brexit…?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *carlet_heaven OP   Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Most people I've come across will vote leave…

I can't help wondering what a post EU member Britain would be like.

Can anyone offer any predictions about what this might might actually affect the day to day life of the average person?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Most people I've come across will vote leave…

Can anyone offer any predictions about what this might might actually affect the day to day life of the average person? "

Warm beer, cricket on the village green, an end to rationing, none of them johnny-foreigners anymore, Britain great once again, world leader, rebuild the Empire, jumpers for goal-posts, beans on toast, lift the World Cup and show those Germans who won the war, blue suede shoes, light summer dresses and a-line skirts, Brylcreem and casual sexism, kids playing in the street, knock down ginger, jobs for life for all and a life a leisure.

That sort of thing?

Mr ddc

By *ordweaver2018Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

Governments able to make choices about everything with no checks.

Say goodbye to anything the government don't like. Human rights etc.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

A police state even worse than it is now yes life will be a dream lol, we was in the States when Obama got in and all the Americans went crazy as they imagined this new bliss...nothing changed.

We will still have zero hour contracts, some of the worse housing shortages in Europe,hospital closures and the poor will carry on getting poorer.

Being in or out of Europe is not the problem its having a bad government ruining our country which luckily has backfired on them or at least Cameron who's day are now numbered.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pretty much the same as it is now, immigration will likely be the same. The pound will likely drop in value at first then gain in value again. The bit we will notice is the increased taxation to help raise funds as well as the taxation on travelling across Europe. But I doubt it'll be the Haven that the brexit lot think it'll be.

I predict we will be subjected more of the same old party political arguments belying the fact our government actually carried out it's promise to let the people to decide....

I have no idea, I don't think anyone really knows, but I'm fairly certain that if we vote out, when we wake up on the 28th June it isn't going to be a white, wealthy Christian utopia that we find ourselves living in - as quite a few of the "out" voters I've heard from think it will be.

In all honesty I've found a lot of the propaganda and the supporters of the out campaign to be very nasty and they have come across to be very racist and xenophobic. I'm still very much undecided but the views and attitudes of some are swaying me more towards an in vote.

By *carlet_heaven OP   Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Can anyone offer any predictions about what this might might actually affect the day to day life of the average person?

Warm beer, cricket on the village green, an end to rationing, none of them johnny-foreigners anymore, Britain great once again, world leader, rebuild the Empire, jumpers for goal-posts, beans on toast, lift the World Cup and show those Germans who won the war, blue suede shoes, light summer dresses and a-line skirts, Brylcreem and casual sexism, kids playing in the street, knock down ginger, jobs for life for all and a life a leisure.

That sort of thing?

Mr ddc"

Exactly

Anyone starting a cucumber farm & bought shares in 'bunting' ?

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Everything changes while everything stays the same

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

That sort of thing?

Mr ddc"

That sounds great if we could only do something about the warm beer..

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

the folks who are bitching and moaning about the subject will carry on bitching and moaning about the subject.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

I predict. _luezulu, will not just be sitting, watching and smiling, but laughing his bollocks off

"the folks who are bitching and moaning about the subject will carry on bitching and moaning about the subject."

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Fucked..that is what we will be

Just wondering what will happen if we leave the EU whilst I'm still on holiday in Spain, will it be different regulations coming back through customs or whatever?

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

"Just wondering what will happen if we leave the EU whilst I'm still on holiday in Spain, will it be different regulations coming back through customs or whatever? "

you might have to stand in the 10 hour queue at border control rather than the 8 hour queue .... other than that you'll be dandy

Those who want to leave don't know actually what will happen. For example, the farmers and the food, also what about everyone who live abroad, no doubt they will vote in.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"Just wondering what will happen if we leave the EU whilst I'm still on holiday in Spain, will it be different regulations coming back through customs or whatever? "

Thats not so bad, we are in France then and them fuckers hate us lol

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

It will mean 200 fags instead of er 200 fags

I don't think we'll notice any difference either way.

A return to duty free booze when holidaying in Europe would be a bonus though.

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

Exactly

Anyone starting a cucumber farm & bought shares in 'bunting' ? "

Oh, obviously bunting, street parties and jelly & ice-cream. And only cucumbers and bananas will be allowed to be openly bent...

The French will recall our shared struggle in WWII and never again blockade the Channel ports to stop our goods being freely traded in Europe. Meanwhile, never again will we need fear a far-right leader originating from Austria. (Apart from the current one, obvs)

Derbyshire

"Everything changes while everything stays the same"

Sadly that's probably more accurate.

Different people giving different excuses for the same old problems.

» Add a new message to this topic