FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > mothers day..

mothers day..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've no idea what to get mine. Got to get my grandma something too.. i want to get something other than a bunch of flowers or boring fancy chocolates that no one actually eats

Cmon brainboxes.. come up with some realistic but creative idea's please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Does your mum wear make up?

If so get her favourite make up in a make up bag?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

other day had one of my girl say her boy-friend is looking to get me somthing nice and what do i like ...... so she tell him things i may like chocs flowers.. then say ooo so what you getting your mum he say nothing i never do not even a card .... he comes for meals here alot and lovely young man .... so i said other night he needs to make sure he spoils his lovely mum on mothers day . lol

"Does your mum wear make up?

"

I spent a fortune on make up for her at Xmas actually, she has an allotment that she's really into and she has lost a lot of weight..was debating with the idea of vouchers, thing is i hate receiving vouchers just think they aren't personal and an easy way out.. so don't tend to give them. Just genuinely stuck for idea's.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

If she is into her allotment and you know this, surely it can't be that difficult to pop into a local garden centre and buy her some nice hand tools?

You have the advantage of actually knowing what she enjoys doing, that has got to make it easier for you?

I spent a fortune on make up for her at Xmas actually, she has an allotment that she's really into and she has lost a lot of weight..was debating with the idea of vouchers, thing is i hate receiving vouchers just think they aren't personal and an easy way out.. so don't tend to give them. Just genuinely stuck for idea's. "

how about her going to have them fish nibble here feet ... i got my mum last year then grow in the bag new potatos ... she like to garden out of sunday paper ,

"If she is into her allotment and you know this, surely it can't be that difficult to pop into a local garden centre and buy her some nice hand tools?

You have the advantage of actually knowing what she enjoys doing, that has got to make it easier for you?"

I wouldnt have a clue what she has/ hasn't got. If i asked her she would reply 'oh i don't want anything' - like she always does

Sounds a bit sad, but was thinking about some canvas prints of my daughter..

or some funky ass plant pots... just worried they'd get nicked though. haha

I'm looking forward to mothers day with my littleun but am sad coz my hubby goes away with the army on mothers day too

"I'm looking forward to mothers day with my littleun but am sad coz my hubby goes away with the army on mothers day too

"

well he better make all week months day for you this week xx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If she is into her allotment and you know this, surely it can't be that difficult to pop into a local garden centre and buy her some nice hand tools?

You have the advantage of actually knowing what she enjoys doing, that has got to make it easier for you?

I wouldnt have a clue what she has/ hasn't got. If i asked her she would reply 'oh i don't want anything' - like she always does

"

Yeah his mum says that too ( although I say it to my kids haha )

I wouldn't know what garden tools the MIL has, so wouldn't know what to buy.

I asked my MIL what she wanted yesterday and she said the same...I don't want anything" so when I insisted she best give me some ideas as I will end up with something you probably don't want she told me what she wanted

Mind you, wrapping up a ladle and a fish slice is going to be tough

Torquay

My sons (21 and 25) have never asked me what I want for Mothers day, they just get on with and buy me something or take me somewhere nice....whatever they have brought me or treated me to has ALWAYS meant the world to me.

And it doen't have to have any monetary value....it's totally the thought that counts.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Sounds a bit sad, but was thinking about some canvas prints of my daughter..

or some funky ass plant pots... just worried they'd get nicked though. haha"

Ah the print could be lovely

Torquay

Totally agree.....the print of your little one sounds the perfect gift to me!

Yeah he's being real sweet as he knows how upset it has made me n even coming home for dinner all this week Awww shame I won't get no dinnertime sex lol someone's always awake by that time from her nap lol

Yeah his mum says that too ( although I say it to my kids haha )

I wouldn't know what garden tools the MIL has, so wouldn't know what to buy.

I asked my MIL what she wanted yesterday and she said the same...I don't want anything" so when I insisted she best give me some ideas as I will end up with something you probably don't want she told me what she wanted

Mind you, wrapping up a ladle and a fish slice is going to be tough "

hahaha @ ladle and fish slice.

My mum asked me what i wanted for Xmas and i honestly didnt want anything, (now i have a little one everything is about her) just asked her to get my daughter something nice... she then forced me to answer the question and the only thing i could think of that i needed was a new mop and bucket for my bathroom & kitchen lol

"Totally agree.....the print of your little one sounds the perfect gift to me!

"

yes me too x can get some lovely prints you do yourself from boots ..

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I spent a fortune on make up for her at Xmas actually, she has an allotment that she's really into and she has lost a lot of weight..was debating with the idea of vouchers, thing is i hate receiving vouchers just think they aren't personal and an easy way out.. so don't tend to give them. Just genuinely stuck for idea's. "

Go to your garden centre and get some seeds so you have something to go with the vouchers... then she can get stuff that she likes. Why don't you make a card... that way its a bit more personal?

"Totally agree.....the print of your little one sounds the perfect gift to me!

yes me too x can get some lovely prints you do yourself from boots .."

might just box up the little madam and get parcel force to deliver her to my mum haha

do they do that?? lol

If she has an allotment why not get a compost bin for her lol

"

If she has an allotment why not get a compost bin for her lol "

she has one

I have got away with it this year she's on holiday

"I have got away with it this year she's on holiday "

doesnt work like that! make sure you get her something..

men! lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When callum was little anything related to him my mum would love. I used to do things like hand and feet pictures for her. Used to get some large card and paint his hands and feet and let him print all over it. Since he got older i tend to give her vouchers and flowers. I know what shops she uses and get her vouchers and let her choose, or i get her vouchers for the beauty parlour so she can have whatever treatments she likes.

Im busy next week so i had my "mothers day" with callum on saturday. Just me and him minus g/f. We went to the museum, park, looked in all the shops i wanted without a hint of complaint. Had lunch and he bought me a blouse i liked. When i went to get on the train he gave me a big kiss and cuddle and said he had had a lovely day. The blouse was a bonus i had had a wonderful day just spending quality time together.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

take her for a nice meal or cook her a sunday roast, my mum is nearly 81 and does need anything she is happy with flowers from me and her grand daughter

"When callum was little anything related to him my mum would love. I used to do things like hand and feet pictures for her. Used to get some large card and paint his hands and feet and let him print all over it. Since he got older i tend to give her vouchers and flowers. I know what shops she uses and get her vouchers and let her choose, or i get her vouchers for the beauty parlour so she can have whatever treatments she likes.

Im busy next week so i had my "mothers day" with callum on saturday. Just me and him minus g/f. We went to the museum, park, looked in all the shops i wanted without a hint of complaint. Had lunch and he bought me a blouse i liked. When i went to get on the train he gave me a big kiss and cuddle and said he had had a lovely day. The blouse was a bonus i had had a wonderful day just spending quality time together."

my mum lives 5 hours away.. suppose i could just turn up outta the blue .. make up some lame excuse like 'well i missed the post so here's your card'

bet her face would be a picture

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"When callum was little anything related to him my mum would love. I used to do things like hand and feet pictures for her. Used to get some large card and paint his hands and feet and let him print all over it. Since he got older i tend to give her vouchers and flowers. I know what shops she uses and get her vouchers and let her choose, or i get her vouchers for the beauty parlour so she can have whatever treatments she likes.

Im busy next week so i had my "mothers day" with callum on saturday. Just me and him minus g/f. We went to the museum, park, looked in all the shops i wanted without a hint of complaint. Had lunch and he bought me a blouse i liked. When i went to get on the train he gave me a big kiss and cuddle and said he had had a lovely day. The blouse was a bonus i had had a wonderful day just spending quality time together.

my mum lives 5 hours away.. suppose i could just turn up outta the blue .. make up some lame excuse like 'well i missed the post so here's your card'

bet her face would be a picture "

i think she would love that!

if she is a keen gardener and you are not sure what she has how about an ornament for the garden,you can get some lovely things.

Yeah i'll do that. Just turn up. I'll leave my daughter on the doorstep (i'll be hidden out the way but very close by).. her face would be a picture!!

All go out for a family meal, followed by a shopping trip to a garden centre.

Cheers Ladies!!

Forum Mod

I can't see my mum on mothers day,she lives a couple of hrs away and im working

I phoned her this morning to tell her to be ready tomorrow morning as im gonna pick her up take her out to bluewater so we can choose a pressie for her,she was over the moon with that and we can spend all day just me and her doing girly stuff

"Yeah i'll do that. Just turn up. I'll leave my daughter on the doorstep (i'll be hidden out the way but very close by).. her face would be a picture!!

Cheers Ladies!!"

I would find an excuse to make sure she is going to be in beforehand though. Maybe say they may be a delivery for her on sunday and give the impression you have sent flowers or something

"Yeah i'll do that. Just turn up. I'll leave my daughter on the doorstep (i'll be hidden out the way but very close by).. her face would be a picture!!

Cheers Ladies!!

I would find an excuse to make sure she is going to be in beforehand though. Maybe say they may be a delivery for her on sunday and give the impression you have sent flowers or something"

Will phone up her other half later make sure they stay in. Im gonna play it the other way and make out i've forgotten tee hee

Mind you havent decided yet what im doing for my mother yet, i thought i was on holiday but got the wrong week

like to give mines a meal an few drinks

I wish my mum was still here to give her something nice...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I wish my mum was still here to give her something nice... "

I was just thinking the same while reading this thread

Last year my eldest son got trays and trays of mini dafs and primroses.......I got home from work to find all my pots planted up and a welcome carpet of colour in the garden.

This year we are all going to be with my daughter and grandson for a meal together....my mum is off on holiday, dad's treating her again!

my second year as a mum.. i love the fact my grandma gets me a card from my daughter lol.. makes me chuckle

My mother always gets me and my sister flowers on mothers day and says without us she wouldnt be a mother

"My mother always gets me and my sister flowers on mothers day and says without us she wouldnt be a mother"

awwwww thats well sweet. Ive often thought that about birthdays,, it should be my mum celebrating that she gave birth to me,, i just happened to arrive lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I would give anything to be in the dilemma of not knowing what to get my mum for Mothers day.

I get a big bouquet of flowers for my house, knowing my mum is looking down on me and seeing her flowers

"I wish my mum was still here to give her something nice...

I was just thinking the same while reading this thread "

I'm sure my kids would put me up for 'fostering' if you want a loan of one. xxxxx

Im guilty of not telling my mum i love her enough. Ive never been a very affectionate person..

Guess we don't know what we truly have until its gone.. is a very true saying

Im a great believer in letting the ones you love/care about know. I tell my son i love him at the end of every phone conversation, jay tells me and i tell him about 20 times aday. If i was to drop dead tomorrow at least they would all know how loved they are

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I wish my mum was still here to give her something nice...

I was just thinking the same while reading this thread

I'm sure my kids would put me up for 'fostering' if you want a loan of one. xxxxx"

You are not old enough Laine, come back when you look wrinkly

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

my son's school have made a little shop that the kids can go and buy something for their mums for mother's day ..so ex brought in the £3 for him and he can choose his own pressie for me

Canadian Mother's day isn't until may 8th, but my mum will be here visiting so can do something for her here...oh wait...she will be in Scotland visiting family then..bugger..

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My mum is a non-believer in Mother's Day. I buy her flowers a lot. She's a mum every day.

I remember me n my brother making her breakfast in bed, doing the housework, cutting the flowers out the garden and giving them to her.. lol

"I remember me n my brother making her breakfast in bed, doing the housework, cutting the flowers out the garden and giving them to her.. lol

"

I remember those breakfasts too....cup of tea made from the hot tap 'cos they are not allowed to touch the kettle. Bowls full of cereal and bread with all sorts of things from the fridge slapped on top....oh and a raw bacon sarnie once.....again, not allowed to touch the stove so could I get up and do it myself? xxx

I remember my mother taking callum shopping for a mothers day present when he was about 5 and he wanted to buy me some lego. His logic was that he really wanted it so i would too

"I wish my mum was still here to give her something nice... "

Snap

I may this year do a home made mothers day ... make a card make mum a lovely coffee and walnut cake and make her sunday roast lunch with the wine she like too. Even take the flowers from my garden . Be diffrent x

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

I’m a non believer in mother / fathers day, parents know whether they are loved or not without having commercialised day to prove it.

"I’m a non believer in mother / fathers day, parents know whether they are loved or not without having commercialised day to prove it. "
yes true but when others around doing it you cant have your own mum left out xx i hope i spoil her all year around like my dad x

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"yes true but when others around doing it you cant have your own mum left out xxx"

Jo, it’s never a good idea to be part of the “sheep followers”

"yes true but when others around doing it you cant have your own mum left out xxx

Jo, it’s never a good idea to be part of the “sheep followers” "

lol i know but i may feel hurt myself if my 4 never sent me a card , lol xx i dont care even if home made x

» Add a new message to this topic