FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sugar Diabetes ,

Sugar Diabetes ,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My sister whos a year older then me has this ... was told today Type2 never been that over weight or eating that bad now think i may go be cheeked out . Alot in my family have this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

I (Mr Welsh) have type 2, I have been a sportsman to decent levels all my lfie and reasonably fit. Your can be genetically predisposed to it.

Symptoms include thirst, needing to get up in night for the loo, and a deteriation in eyesight, a bit like being d*unk really !

Well worth being tested

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was diagnosed about a year ago with type 2 despite always being fit and eating fairly healthy...!! so do get checked ...I am on tablets and check everyday my sugar levels and eat healthier now...it is a shock at first !

lots on info and support on this

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

becoming quite common nowadays unfortunately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i went to the docs cos i was falling asleep after work all the time despite havig a full nights sleep the night before - got tol d i have diabetes (he almost sung it at me like i'dwon a prize lol)

now obviously i am not fit and eat crap so perhaps no big surprise lol but if you have a big family history then in probably is best to get checked out Jo x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Both my brothers have diabetes, our mom died from heart disease, made worse by diabetes and other ailments, but luckily for me I'm ok.

There is a family history of heart problems, diabetes and some cancers, so I have a 6 monthly check up at the doctors including a blood test, so if it creeps up on me, I'll be ready.

By *Y MAN n MECouple  over a year ago

FIFE

Another Type 2 here... since last september, so after the intial shock it does explain why i felt crap most of the time, now i feel alot better with change of lifestyle and medication.

it's not the end of the world if handled correctly

XX Heather

ps increase your exercise is a good start. cant beat a good sex session, works for me....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive been diabetic for at least 10 years now, not sure exactly how long. Not the end of the world but she must have regular checks, especially eyes. Ive had some serious gums diseases that have been caused through mine also every few years i get an absess infestation where my whole body can be covered in them, which is due to diabitis also she has to be careful if she cuts herself and to look after her feet, which is vitally important as she doesnt want to end up having her leg amputated. I know it sounds drastic, but a guy i know was diagenosed same time as me and he developed an infection in his leg and died at same age as me. She will be fine if she takes all necessary precautions

By *ertnbeckyCouple  over a year ago

oldham

yes it cost me my leg last year cant seem to get mine under control for some reason and i,ve had it for ten years

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My dad has this so did his mum and his 3 sisters 1 and 2 and now my sister ..... I am feeling well in myself but feel i should get cheeked after she was told yesterday so calling my doc in morning see if i can go for tests .. better to be safe the sorry .. xx jo xx

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

got diagnosed in Jan with type2, since then have lost 10kgs, changed my eating and dietry habits and all looks well, apart from the side effects of the medication lol, xxxxxxxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"yes it cost me my leg last year cant seem to get mine under control for some reason and i,ve had it for ten years"

OMG!! i've always wondered why you lost your leg but was too shy to ask!!

reading threads like these really do make me realise how seriously i need to take this!!!

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

My father was diagnosed as being Type 2 over 20 years ago, due to his diet - no family history beforehand. He was a NIDD (non-insulin dependent diabetic), but for the last 4 yrs has been on insulin. God forbid anything happening to my mother, as she's the one that has handled his condition from the very start.

It's a matter of watching what you eat, when you eat and knowing what to look out for if your sugar levels drop too low. A number of people have been mistakenly accused of being d*unk and slurring their words, when in fact it's due to the blood sugar levels being wrong.

» Add a new message to this topic