FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help please someone is bound d to know.

Help please someone is bound d to know.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so as a lot of you no I now have a job a minimum of 20 hours per week should I sign off next Monday as my first official job is this weekend.

And also do I contact tax place or does it automatically come though?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I would give it a couple of weeks before signing off, at least until you get your first payday. If it all goes tits up you could be left in the lurch, depending on your circumstances of course

Good luck btw OP

Cheers well for hours this past week i get paid a week Friday lol but been told am taken on and first shift is Saturday but not sure what's happening yet about this like lol.if that makes sense but reason

I say as next Monday I am booked in for a warehouse course for the day induction it starts week after now the course is.

Mon-Fri 9:30 am to 4:30 pm after next week and job centre still want me to do four look for work per day lol.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Anything you say would make more sense if you didn't keep putting lol at the end of every sentence innit

By *uddlybear2015Man  over a year ago

BEDFORD

I would,personally,get advice from job centre,unless there is an unemployed workers centre nearby,in which case, contact them. As for tax,providing the employer with N.I number should result in HMRC being aware and enable them to begin their bloodsucking

"I would,personally,get advice from job centre,unless there is an unemployed workers centre nearby,in which case, contact them. As for tax,providing the employer with N.I number should result in HMRC being aware and enable them to begin their bloodsucking "

I been checking online apparently I am entitled to a 100 boinus as I found work I may get a final payment of job seekers or week and day. and I can claim a four week run for council tax and rent as long as job is suspected to last over five weeks.

So my rent council tax should be paid same foe four weeks which I will have had to pay cheques from by then.

I will go in job centre on Monday if I do work weekend then sign of if I do not work this week I won't sign off.

"Anything you say would make more sense if you didn't keep putting lol at the end of every sentence innit "

Yeah sorry about that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You got a bonus for getting a job? Fuckin despair for this country

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I would,personally,get advice from job centre,unless there is an unemployed workers centre nearby,in which case, contact them. As for tax,providing the employer with N.I number should result in HMRC being aware and enable them to begin their bloodsucking

I been checking online apparently I am entitled to a 100 boinus as I found work I may get a final payment of job seekers or week and day. and I can claim a four week run for council tax and rent as long as job is suspected to last over five weeks.

So my rent council tax should be paid same foe four weeks which I will have had to pay cheques from by then.

I will go in job centre on Monday if I do work weekend then sign of if I do not work this week I won't sign off."

Bear in mind most benefits are paid in arrears so you're due a week after you start work.

Do let them tell you you're getting extra money if you aren't!

"Anything you say would make more sense if you didn't keep putting lol at the end of every sentence innit

Yeah sorry about that. "

Lol XXX

"You got a bonus for getting a job? Fuckin despair for this country "

What's wrong with that??

"You got a bonus for getting a job? Fuckin despair for this country "

I agree to some fashion. If it was called a help back to work payment then ok but a bonus? Bonus lol?! It's not a choice that we work it's our duty. Nobody owes us anything. It's hard job hunting and getting a job but it's compulsory and to say you get a bonus for it lol...

"You got a bonus for getting a job? Fuckin despair for this country

I agree to some fashion. If it was called a help back to work payment then ok but a bonus? Bonus lol?! It's not a choice that we work it's our duty. Nobody owes us anything. It's hard job hunting and getting a job but it's compulsory and to say you get a bonus for it lol..."

How do you know it isn't actually called a help back to work allowance and is designed to help cover expenses before the person starts getting paid?

He said bonus on here but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually is a bonus. And even if it is, if it's meant to help cover the time before the person is paid, that seems reasonable, so what's the problem?

"You got a bonus for getting a job? Fuckin despair for this country

I agree to some fashion. If it was called a help back to work payment then ok but a bonus? Bonus lol?! It's not a choice that we work it's our duty. Nobody owes us anything. It's hard job hunting and getting a job but it's compulsory and to say you get a bonus for it lol...

How do you know it isn't actually called a help back to work allowance and is designed to help cover expenses before the person starts getting paid?

He said bonus on here but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually is a bonus. And even if it is, if it's meant to help cover the time before the person is paid, that seems reasonable, so what's the problem?"

If it's meant to help cover the time till he gets paid then fine though I think it should be a loan rather than a bonus/hand out

By the look, the £100 was called a Job Grant but they were stopped in April 2013 and no longer exist.

I can't find reference to any other payment for starting work and options for people struggling whilst they wait for their first pay check seem to be very limited indeed.

Crisis loans were an option but they've been stopped too.

"Ok so as a lot of you no I now have a job a minimum of 20 hours per week should I sign off next Monday as my first official job is this weekend.

And also do I contact tax place or does it automatically come though?."

Inform the benefits office in advance in writing and keep a copy of your letter. This will help you considerably in the event of any accusation of fraud. You are under a duty to report any material change in circumstances.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

You should inform the job centre straight away. If you start on Monday then the last day you will get benefit for is Sunday etc. If you have done any kind of paid work you have to declare it, even if it's only one hour. If you have been unemployed for 6 months it more you will automatically get a £100 "bonus". Its intended to help you manage until you start getting paid. They also used to do a kind of grant if you needed anything to do the job, up to around £100, not sure if they still do it. A few years ago i started an office job and they provided me with business wear. Sent me to BHS to pick stuff out, had to go back to job centre with a list and they filled out a form for me to take in the shop that meant the job centre would be billed for it and i didn't have to pay!

Just to clarify OP - you don't get a "bonus" for finding a job but you do get housing & council tax benefits at your JSA for the next 4 weeks.

» Add a new message to this topic