FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > changes

changes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ertnbecky OP   Couple  over a year ago

oldham

If you were raised on home cooking, rode a bike with no helmet, your parents had no child proof lids , you got a smack when you misbehaved, had 3 TV channels that you got up to change, school started with the Lord's Prayer & shops were closed on Sunday, you played outside without a mobile phone, ate white bread, drank full fat milk and you respected your elders.my quetion is in general have things changed for the better or not i cannot decide

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I miss green top milk!

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"I miss green top milk! "

You can still buy it everywhere along with the red and blue top milk though

i dont think things have.

maybe more complicated.

sundays were family days.meals at the table and so on.

now sunday is a normal day of the week and i blame the changing in the retail law for this and the impact it has had in breaking familys up because they are not together.

always working to get money for a house which is dreadfully overpriced.

im sure it all has in impact on families and the time people can devote to their children.

too stressful these days.

I think its hard to establish if they have changed for the better.

I had a great childhood, bike rides with family, roller blading, building bases, going out to play when it was first light and not returning unless i was hungry, going out and actually calling on a friend rather than texting them, playing games like 'kerby' marbles were the best thing since sliced bread, pogs & yoyo's were amazing! 50p could buy loads of treats not just a twix

"I think its hard to establish if they have changed for the better.

I had a great childhood, bike rides with family, roller blading, building bases, going out to play when it was first light and not returning unless i was hungry, going out and actually calling on a friend rather than texting them, playing games like 'kerby' marbles were the best thing since sliced bread, pogs & yoyo's were amazing! 50p could buy loads of treats not just a twix

"

yes and a twix was bigger then

yes and a twix was bigger then

your hands was smaller :P

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

Seems to me that times have changed to a way of blame, excuses and mitigation...

When i was a kid and fell over and cut my knee, mother would tell me to stop whinging, I'd probably get a clip around the ear if I'd also got blood on or damaged my clothes... "... and look where you are going next time!!!"

Nowadays mother would sue the council for not making a trip-up proof walkway and no doubt I would have been able to claim disability benefit for life to save working for a living

just tell my son got another leg and he runs of lol

"If you were raised on home cooking, rode a bike with no helmet, your parents had no child proof lids , you got a smack when you misbehaved, had 3 TV channels that you got up to change, school started with the Lord's Prayer & shops were closed on Sunday, you played outside without a mobile phone, ate white bread, drank full fat milk and you respected your elders.my quetion is in general have things changed for the better or not i cannot decide "

Would love to have those days back, I'm just an old fashioned swinger at heart

Personally i think it was better, todays world has been ruined somewhat by technology but mostly by health and safety

"Personally i think it was better, todays world has been ruined somewhat by technology but mostly by health and safety "

music is shite now also.

and sont get me started on them awful talent and ice skating programmes.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Well all of that full fat milk ended up giving me a heart attack! Dont you tell me it didn`t do you any harm!

"Well all of that full fat milk ended up giving me a heart attack! Dont you tell me it didn`t do you any harm!"

i was glad to find jersey milk in asda.so thick and cream i d*unk the whole pint and loved it.

"Personally i think it was better, todays world has been ruined somewhat by technology but mostly by health and safety

music is shite now also.

and sont get me started on them awful talent and ice skating programmes."

I'm not sure about music as some fantastic new talent but tv programmes, oh my god sooo very dull though i love Top Gear

"Personally i think it was better, todays world has been ruined somewhat by technology but mostly by health and safety

music is shite now also.

and sont get me started on them awful talent and ice skating programmes.

I'm not sure about music as some fantastic new talent but tv programmes, oh my god sooo very dull though i love Top Gear "

top gear eh? lady clearly loves going fast.

we say no more!

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

LOL Milk... I buy blue top milk and a tub of double cream... and put the cream BACK in the milk before I drink it

Ice cold gold top milk with Crunchy Nuts, yum!

» Add a new message to this topic