FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Waxing and tattoos

Waxing and tattoos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *limBobStretchedPants OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I have just today been forced to wax my back and chest due to a monumental loss of a bet and am also getting a tattoo.. Does anyone have advice on aftercare for both!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah morphine works xx

Just dont bet......simples

i hope your going to a registerd tattooist for the tatt..they should give you the advice and aftertreatment care for the tattoo.... if its not a registerd tattooist no wonder you lost the bet..

Newcastle

I haven't decided on what to get as a tattoo yet. As it is permenant I am allowed a little time to think about it lol.. And yes I believe they are registered.. But the lady who waxed me today said use antiseptic cream for a few days..?? Is that really necessary after all savlon isn't the nicest smell

"I haven't decided on what to get as a tattoo yet. As it is permenant I am allowed a little time to think about it lol.. And yes I believe they are registered.. But the lady who waxed me today said use antiseptic cream for a few days..?? Is that really necessary after all savlon isn't the nicest smell"
no not savlon use a pile cream prepH.damb wash the tattoo and damb dry. DO NOT pick the scab and also protect fron the sun as this will spoil your tattoo and it will fade quicker..and choose what you want wisely..find something unique to you and not one thats on the charts on the wall either..find one that will design one for you.and look at there photo albums of there work if they havnt got any walk off there probably shit..and dont be scared to pay..good art costs..

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Dont know how to link to other threads,but in mine about my first tattoo i got loads of good advice.Bepanthen really works,as does wrapping it in cling wrap.Keep it moist,don't bath or swim for a week and above a DON'T SCRATCH!

By *horacleCouple  over a year ago

Harwich

I have always used savalon for all my tattoos and never had a problem with it. Mind you I have a pretty poor sense of smell so that side of it doesnt bother me.

Also if your worried about the pain there is something you can put on the area between 5 and 10 minutes before you go in.....its called emla cream. It awesome for numbing the skin before han.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

i would ONLY advise you to use Bepanthen cream on a tattoo, wash it with warm water withing the hour of getting it and pat dry DONT rub, dont re-cover it with anything after you have washed it.

wash it once a day with warm water

use a small amount of Bepanthen 3 times a day

dont scrath the tattoo

dont swim or stay in the sun light for long but if you have to stay in the sun long use a (oil free suncream)and use a very high factor

"I haven't decided on what to get as a tattoo yet. As it is permenant I am allowed a little time to think about it lol.. And yes I believe they are registered.. But the lady who waxed me today said use antiseptic cream for a few days..?? Is that really necessary after all savlon isn't the nicest smell"
What do you mean 'you believe the tattooist is registered' - you should know and you should do your research. No bet is worth the risk of contracting a nasty virus from unclean premises and you should have information on their decontamination process. Regardless of losing a bet, if you dont want a tattoo or have to leave the decisions around this to someone else, tell them to sod off.

Bepanthem yep that's the one to use. Couldn't remember the name of the stuff earlier.

Some artist do say now though to keep Kling film on for a few days after specially on coloured ones as it fetches the colours out better. Buy obviously not the same piece of Kling film change it when you clean it and re cream it.

I do hope there's some tattood suicide girls on here

Newcastle

Thanks for the advice all.. Now just to decide on a design before I take the plunge

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i would really recommend designing something yourself.You don't need to be able to draw,you can take in a photo,i used clip art for mine!But this is permanent,so it really should be something you are 100% happy with.

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

both of us have tats. the tattooists have always taped cling film on afterwards and when we've taken that off have used spray-on savlon. beware the ink can stain your sheets for a few days afterwards!

any reputable tattooist will shave the place even if you've done it before. it's worth going to a registered one who will have to keep to standards of hygiene. ask to see some photos of their work before you book in.

most of our designs have been our own, from illustrations in books, but tattooists have hundreds of patterns to choose from.

you see lots of tats in swinger clubs, some real 'body art' and others pretty awful. our advice would be - big is usually better than small!

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

bit isnt always better .. it just depends on the person holding the gun on how wel they can get a great amount of detail in a smaller tattoo

By *oe the greekMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Use Ametop before your tattoo and you'll feel nothing it will numb your skin for 3-6 hrs, it needs to be left on for 40 minutes and covered tight in clingfilm then washed off

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

need to remember that when i get my arse done..... tattoo that is!!

"need to remember that when i get my arse done..... tattoo that is!! "

Thought you had a tattoo on ya ass... ooops sorry, thats all ya skid marks!!

Livingston

"need to remember that when i get my arse done..... tattoo that is!!

Thought you had a tattoo on ya ass... ooops sorry, thats all ya skid marks!! "

says you pup, still not forgiven you for loggin in my garden!!!

"need to remember that when i get my arse done..... tattoo that is!!

Thought you had a tattoo on ya ass... ooops sorry, thats all ya skid marks!!

says you pup, still not forgiven you for loggin in my garden!!! "

lmao... hey that was a work of art, one of my finest sculptures!!!!

By *ounmeMan  over a year ago

wantage

i know it sounds funny but use nappy rash cream on it when u have it done , it stops so much scarring and it heals quicker and golden rule is dont pick or scratch it no matter how much u want to lol

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple  over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

"I have just today been forced to wax my back and chest due to a monumental loss of a bet and am also getting a tattoo.. Does anyone have advice on aftercare for both!!"

Well i dont know bout waxing but as for tatts i hav my share ,in fact im covered and ive always used preparation H as it stops the tatt from scabbing up hard and cracking,it stops the itching ,minimises loss ov colouring and halps the perforation of the skin heal well and quickly and wash it under the tap wi warm soapy water at least twice a day and you tatt will look pukker when finished scabbing ,now i know ud think that as im recommending hemroid cream i must be taking the piss but when i got told this by paul booth (a famouse american gothic arts tattoist)at dunstable tatto convention years ago i thought the same but if its good enuf for a famouse tatt artist like him its all good in my book but there are many different ways of after care its just for me this 1 gets a proper thumbs up

I always used to get my back waxed !!!! and the best thing was to make sure whoever waxed it put liberal amounts of tea tree oil on my back, and don't shower for 24 hours

For your wax, use something with Aloe Vera in to soothe it for a couple of days - vaseline do a good one. Then once the soreness has gone, start to exfoliate to avoid ingrown hairs.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Pah... you lot are rubbish! Can't believe no-one has asked what the bet was!!

Livingston

I know!!!!

Newcastle

Ha ha and only one person mailed me to ask!! I guess curiosity got the better of her lol xx

By *ertnbeckyCouple  over a year ago

oldham

no not savlon use a pile cream prepH.damb wash the tattoo and damb dry.

get the tattoo on your rusty sherriffs badge so as you get a double on the cream

"Ha ha and only one person mailed me to ask!! I guess curiosity got the better of her lol xx"
So come on then tell us all what the bet was ????????

» Add a new message to this topic