FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fucked off with myself :(

Fucked off with myself :(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was creosoting my fence (better than water based stuff) and managed to kill about 5 spiders + an orb spider.. Before i continue i am going to check the fence and remove any plus any spider nests. rant over ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Was creosoting my fence (better than water based stuff) and managed to kill about 5 spiders + an orb spider.. Before i continue i am going to check the fence and remove any plus any spider nests. rant over .. "

But think of all the flies and insects that those spiders would have killed that you have now liberated! Swings and roundabouts

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Love orb weavers, loads of them all over our massive yucca plant out back. Big fuckers, arses almost the size of a 2 pound coin.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Was creosoting my fence (better than water based stuff) and managed to kill about 5 spiders + an orb spider.. Before i continue i am going to check the fence and remove any plus any spider nests. rant over .. "

Shhh,

It's been illegal for members of the public to use creosote for over a decade...

I doubt any of the modern replacements would kill anything

Mr ddc

That's how you kill the bastards

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Gotta love creosote for certain jobs. It's been a bad year for red mite in chicken coops, nothing finer than creosote to sort the bastards out

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Was creosoting my fence (better than water based stuff) and managed to kill about 5 spiders + an orb spider.. Before i continue i am going to check the fence and remove any plus any spider nests. rant over ..

Shhh,

It's been illegal for members of the public to use creosote for over a decade...

I doubt any of the modern replacements would kill anything

Mr ddc"

you can buy a weaker version .. The strong stuff can only be used under licence.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc you can buy a weaker version .. The strong stuff can only be used under licence."

By weaker, if you mean Creocote, I'll quote you from their website:

"Creocote has similar physical, water repellency and application characteristics of the traditional Creosote fence paint but contains no biocide/preserver."

It is basically only hazardous because of the solvents.

This is also why they are called "wood treatments".

I only know this because my big drum of preservative is nearly up so I had to spend a morning trawling the internet to replace it.

Ps to the chicken guy: use Jeyes fluid, neat. They got around the legislation so it's still the same stuff. But you have to keep your chickens clear until it dries

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Thanks for the jeyes tip, had no idea that would work.

Love the smell of creosote

"Big fuckers, arses almost the size of a 2 pound coin. "

Fuck that I don't kill spiders (or anything I'm not eating) but the big bastards still freak me out when I'm picking my rasberries

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Love the smell of creosote "

Me to

» Add a new message to this topic