FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Marmite / politics / lounge

Marmite / politics / lounge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unandbuck OP   Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

There has been some debate about the existence of the politics forum.

Lots of people (most??) are glad it has moved to keep the most ferocious battles out of the Lounge.

The Lounge Tesco / Marmite thread has been closed because there is a similar one running in the Politics forum.

Moderators have to make a call on it, and I'm not arguing their decision at all.

The mods have to make a tricky call between what is everyday chat, and what is out and out Politics.

I would guesstimate 90% of people don't even look in Politics forum, so the Tesco / Marmite thing will probably go largely un-discussed.

What would people consider to be the balance point between the two?

What type of thing should be allowed in the Lounge and what should be solely in Politics?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Aren't two of them still in the Lounge? The Brexit one was always going to get moved sooner or later, but it was nice while it lasted.

Marmite: you either love it or hate it

Mods: (I know which side my bread is buttered )

Mr ddc

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I for one am glad it moved because it seemed to me the same people were posting the same, or similar, threads every day..

politics is ok every now and again but I don't want to see people getting into a lather about stuff that they can't change every flipping day...

keep it separate and let similar threads in both forums run concurrently, to give the plebs (that's me included too) a chance to respond

"Mods: (I know which side my bread is buttered )

Mr ddc"

Kiss ass!!

Derbyshire

"Mods: (I know which side my bread is buttered )

Mr ddc

Kiss ass!! "

Don't worry, it never works

Sheffield

I agree the Politics should be separate. All I meant is, what is Politics and what is everyday regular chat?

By the way, my post could be completely wrong anyway. Mr DDC has said there is another one in the lounge. It's about food prices. I didn't see it and now notice it was similar to the Marmite one ooops

PS Do I get a ban from the Politics forum, for admitting I might have been wrong about something?

MrB

Derbyshire

"I

By the way, my post could be completely wrong anyway. Mr DDC has said there is another one in the lounge. It's about food prices. I didn't see it and now notice it was similar to the Marmite one ooops "

in addition to Shag's:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/560190

There is also Chyllyphylly's

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/560285

"PS Do I get a ban from the Politics forum, for admitting I might have been wrong about something?

MrB"

Good lord, yes. Fully entrenched positions are only allowed in there. If you think you might need wrong just throw in a few random statistics to back up your viewpoint. That's what 93.4% of the others do

I do miss some of the socio-political discussions with a wider audience participation though, so I know what you mean. I think that's why many people still start them up here.

It seems the only things acceptable to debate in the 'lounge' these days are BBW and fuck/avoid.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

It's a shame that politics has been hived off as I think it diminishes the Lounge but I understand that intelligent people need a padded room of their own to score points in.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If in doubt post it in the lounge... unless it is obviously political.

No idea where the boundary would be...

Sorry I've not helped at all have I ?

Nita

I don't bother - partly because it'sa long way away

But also because debates are more interesting with varied interests. Down there seems to be just for ranting - which I do like .. just with a broader input.

Never look in the politics section

Actually don't go very far from here or the swingers place below ...don't stray very far

"Never look in the politics section

Actually don't go very far from here or the swingers place below ...don't stray very far "

Sometimes I make it as far down as Swinging Support Advice, but they speak a bit funny down there.

Well you learn something new every day, didn't notice there was a politics section! Off to get educated

"Never look in the politics section

Actually don't go very far from here or the swingers place below ...don't stray very far

Sometimes I make it as far down as Swinging Support Advice, but they speak a bit funny down there."

That sounds scary ...

"It's a shame that politics has been hived off as I think it diminishes the Lounge but I understand that intelligent people need a padded room of their own to score points in."

Debating the political ramifications of the 'yeast extract price index'?

Huh-huh.

no idea but i love marmite

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Most people don't last long in the politics forum.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There are similar themed threads all over the various forums on fab. It would be daft to gather them all together in one place BUT it also makes sense so you know where to find them.

Ps. I sometimes get splinters in my arse for sitting on th fence too long. I blame my bisexuality

"There are similar themed threads all over the various forums on fab. It would be daft to gather them all together in one place BUT it also makes sense so you know where to find them.

Ps. I sometimes get splinters in my arse for sitting on th fence too long. I blame my bisexuality "

I like your arse

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"There are similar themed threads all over the various forums on fab. It would be daft to gather them all together in one place BUT it also makes sense so you know where to find them.

Ps. I sometimes get splinters in my arse for sitting on th fence too long. I blame my bisexuality

I like your arse "

Thank you. Ditto

I like your arse

Thank you. Ditto "

Why thank you

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

The problem with the politics forum is that it's mainly brexit

I only now occasionally post in the politics forum whereas I used to regularly. what has happened is things like social and psychological or cultural politics have fallen between the cracks so it's either theortical politics or fluff .... There is much less chance to actually debate anything and it's made a difference. I have been on and off the forums for four years and it's too fluffy now

"The problem with the politics forum is that it's mainly brexit

I only now occasionally post in the politics forum whereas I used to regularly. what has happened is things like social and psychological or cultural politics have fallen between the cracks so it's either theortical politics or fluff .... There is much less chance to actually debate anything and it's made a difference. I have been on and off the forums for four years and it's too fluffy now"

I think this too. It's like anything involving opinions needs to be filed away.

Apart from BBW threads. Why can't they have their own forum too?

Cambridge

I only now occasionally post in the politics forum whereas I used to regularly. what has happened is things like social and psychological or cultural politics have fallen between the cracks so it's either theortical politics or fluff .... There is much less chance to actually debate anything and it's made a difference. I have been on and off the forums for four years and it's too fluffy now

Apart from BBW threads. Why can't they have their own forum too? "

Surely bareback needs its on forum too?

Apart from BBW threads. Why can't they have their own forum too?

Surely bareback needs its on forum too? "

2016 needed its own RIP fourm!

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

CCLC I miss your posts in the main forums but I think you are doing a stalwart job in the politics forum. I just find it too depressing to be there and brexit is too boring for me .... I have opinions on everything else though, like real life

"It's a shame that politics has been hived off as I think it diminishes the Lounge but I understand that intelligent people need a padded room of their own to score points in."

Having google open in a seperate tab doesn't make you intelligent

I like arguing with people on the internet as much as the next person but the politics forum now is like smashing yourself in the face repeatedly with a mallet, except possibly less enjoyable.

"I like arguing with people on the internet as much as the next person but the politics forum now is like smashing yourself in the face repeatedly with a mallet, except possibly less enjoyable. "

I thought initially it was a good move during Brexit to create a Politics forum but The Lounge has suffered as a result.

Cambridge

"CCLC I miss your posts in the main forums but I think you are doing a stalwart job in the politics forum. I just find it too depressing to be there and brexit is too boring for me .... I have opinions on everything else though, like real life "

Thanks, that's kind of you to say, but even I find it intolerable in there sometimes. I do lurk in the other forums, but they can either get too samey, or too cliquey.

Cambridge

"I like arguing with people on the internet as much as the next person but the politics forum now is like smashing yourself in the face repeatedly with a mallet, except possibly less enjoyable. "

I know, like people in there will argue that tea and coffee are not popular drinks in the UK

Sheffield

I don't go in it anymore. There is no discussion. About 10-15 regulars with unmoveable opinions.

No debate, no positivity, little repect for anyone elses point of view.

Rating : Avoid.

"I like arguing with people on the internet as much as the next person but the politics forum now is like smashing yourself in the face repeatedly with a mallet, except possibly less enjoyable.

I don't go in it anymore. There is no discussion. About 10-15 regulars with unmoveable opinions.

Rating : Avoid."

the only forums i like are the ones where we are discussing sex! my hubby likes to discuss politics though, m x

It's not that the political rants have been sent to oblivion so much as that anything that can vaguely be considered as having the slightest resemblance to politics is shifted there.

Sheffield

"

Rating : Avoid.

the only forums i like are the ones where we are discussing sex! my hubby likes to discuss politics though, m x"

Haha that's the way to be we can chinwagb about politics in the pub, here is the place for cheeky fun xx

I prefer my cheeky fun in real life.

And cheeky fun is easy to come by. The opportunity to have pointless debates with anonymous people with sexy avatars is much harder to find.

Sheffield

"I prefer my cheeky fun in real life.

And cheeky fun is easy to come by. The opportunity to have pointless debates with anonymous people with sexy avatars is much harder to find."

Yes, but avoiding the 'P' place makes for a happier time

"I prefer my cheeky fun in real life.

And cheeky fun is easy to come by. The opportunity to have pointless debates with anonymous people with sexy avatars is much harder to find.

Yes, but avoiding the 'P' place makes for a happier time "

I'm too lazy to find out

» Add a new message to this topic