FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fireworks

Fireworks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oddy OP   Woman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Some idiot over the back of me has been letting fireworks off for the past 20 mins god its still october shouldent even be on sale yet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good god I hate them. Literally burning money. Well, kind of.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

I heard them the other night. Luckily the puppy wasn't scared

JG x

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

I still get a loud bang out the blue and I'm diving for cover!! lol

By *corpio67Man  over a year ago

hillingdon

There are shops near me that sell them all year round!!

I think they're pretty

they terrify my dog, but luckily all is quiet here at the mo

Wish they would stick to displays or just a couple of set dates so we can be around for pets. Even I jump when the louder ones go off.

I would describe some that went off close to me last year as explosions not bangs,crazy.

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Mansfield

G loves them. Me I hate them and I really hate how they make my dogs feel. As a dog owner it is the worst 3 weeks of the year for them....

By *ightfall79Man  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

"they terrify my dog, but luckily all is quiet here at the mo "

Every dog I owned was scared of fireworks. Now I have an Akita and she is as daft as a brush. She will sit during walks to watch them go off in the sky.

slightly off topic but has anyone seen that advert for the "Thunder Jacket"

By *ureTemptationWoman  over a year ago

Off the grid

"I heard them the other night. Luckily the puppy wasn't scared

JG x"

When our dog was a young puppy, we were told to make fireworks night fun. Apparently if you comfort and fuss your dog, they learn that fireworks are something to be scared of?

So ignore the noises and play tickles and games of fetch and make it so fun and exciting. And fingers crossed it works.

Our dog has never been scared and we've always used that approach (could be a coincidence but it's worth a try!).

"I heard them the other night. Luckily the puppy wasn't scared

JG x

When our dog was a young puppy, we were told to make fireworks night fun. Apparently if you comfort and fuss your dog, they learn that fireworks are something to be scared of?

So ignore the noises and play tickles and games of fetch and make it so fun and exciting. And fingers crossed it works.

Our dog has never been scared and we've always used that approach (could be a coincidence but it's worth a try!)."

An interesting approach

Our new dog appears to be terrified of them, the other two dont care.

We will give it a go.

Cheers.

I hate them wish it was only displays. Big lab/collie isn't bothered by them he's used to guns but the shih tzus are mad. The 2yr old jumps on my lap and the 6mth goes out to bark at them

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

... yep ... its that time of year again ....luckily my dog has a calming collar on .... which she has had on for the last two weeks .... and with her evening meal she has a little calming capsule ... which really helps ..

.....but why we celebrate a guy who was a terrorist and intended to blow up the houses of parliament .... is beyond me ...

By *ellowbabesCouple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

Don't understand why they still on sale to the public...personally I would like to see them outlawed except for organised displays...perhaps someone can correct me but I think its been like that in northern Ireland for years??....Mr

By *ild-1Woman  over a year ago

york

"Wish they would stick to displays or just a couple of set dates so we can be around for pets. Even I jump when the louder ones go off.

I would describe some that went off close to me last year as explosions not bangs,crazy. "

Totally agree that it should be public displays only!!

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"... yep ... its that time of year again ....luckily my dog has a calming collar on .... which she has had on for the last two weeks .... and with her evening meal she has a little calming capsule ... which really helps ..

.....but why we celebrate a guy who was a terrorist and intended to blow up the houses of parliament .... is beyond me ... "

No no, we celebrate it for its failure as a thanks giving for King James I surving the plot. Londoners lit fires to celebrate and so it began.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Some idiot over the back of me has been letting fireworks off for the past 20 mins god its still october shouldent even be on sale yet "

It's diwali, it falls around the same time as bonfire night often but it's been diwali over the weekend (yesterday) and it's a festival which lasts for 5 days, the exact date changes each year and it's something to do with the moons position.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"Some idiot over the back of me has been letting fireworks off for the past 20 mins god its still october shouldent even be on sale yet

It's diwali, it falls around the same time as bonfire night often but it's been diwali over the weekend (yesterday) and it's a festival which lasts for 5 days, the exact date changes each year and it's something to do with the moons position. "

I was just going to say the same thing

» Add a new message to this topic