FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DOMS

DOMS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sooooo not what all the domly men who just clicked on here thought!

Delayed onset muscle soreness.

How do you deal with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bcaa's help with it.

"Bcaa's help with it."

Thank you

I saw on a programme once drinking milk helps too?

Never heard that one, can only try I suppose, I like the feeling in a funny kind of way, it shows the muscle has been worked.

"Never heard that one, can only try I suppose, I like the feeling in a funny kind of way, it shows the muscle has been worked. "

Me too. But it goes on for 3-4 days! I spose it will lessen over time. ( Maybe it hurts more coz I don't eat a lot of protein?)

Won't be that although it does help with the aid of repair, the pain is because the fibres have been torn which is what you to achieve.. it's just something you have put up with haha.. it does lessen over time though

Leg DOMS are the worse

"Leg DOMS are the worse "

That's what I had last week! I was like a 90 year old my mates were all laughing at me! They don't laugh when I offer them to come workout though!

Have you got yourself a foam roller?

Also are you stretching enough after exercise?

I was getting a massage a couple of weeks back and the masseur asked me if I knew about doms. I did have a little smirk, but knew what he was really talking about.

Gentle stretching and drinking water help me.

"Won't be that although it does help with the aid of repair, the pain is because the fibres have been torn which is what you to achieve.. it's just something you have put up with haha.. it does lessen over time though "

I shall suffer and carry on and it will get easier with time.

"Have you got yourself a foam roller?

Also are you stretching enough after exercise?"

Yes always cool down and stretch.

"I was getting a massage a couple of weeks back and the masseur asked me if I knew about doms. I did have a little smirk, but knew what he was really talking about.

Gentle stretching and drinking water help me. "

Haha I'd have smirked too!

I try massaging myself..it's not easy lol. Any volunteers? (Joke)

"I was getting a massage a couple of weeks back and the masseur asked me if I knew about doms. I did have a little smirk, but knew what he was really talking about.

Gentle stretching and drinking water help me.

Haha I'd have smirked too!

I try massaging myself..it's not easy lol. Any volunteers? (Joke)"

The BCAAs are a must, so plenty of real protein. You've already said that you cool down, which is goo as there's nothing worse than collapsing into a post-workout heap when your muscles are at their most pliable.

Gentle exercise, obviously this is relative to each individual, will increase blood flow and can help - don't underestimate it or worry that'll undo all of your hard work.

Extreme cases: anti-inflammatories and some form of cold water immersion. Yes, I know there's conflicting evidence but they certainly work for some, even if from a placebo effect perspective.

If it's any consolation, stairs are currently my enemy too

"

The BCAAs are a must, so plenty of real protein. You've already said that you cool down, which is goo as there's nothing worse than collapsing into a post-workout heap when your muscles are at their most pliable.

Gentle exercise, obviously this is relative to each individual, will increase blood flow and can help - don't underestimate it or worry that'll undo all of your hard work.

Extreme cases: anti-inflammatories and some form of cold water immersion. Yes, I know there's conflicting evidence but they certainly work for some, even if from a placebo effect perspective.

If it's any consolation, stairs are currently my enemy too "

Thank you..my work involves heavy lifting so I'm still having to be active and use the muscles.

"

If it's any consolation, stairs are currently my enemy too

Thank you..my work involves heavy lifting so I'm still having to be active and use the muscles."

And, of course, it gets easier, apparently

DOMs are something you learn to love and miss when you don't have them.

Embrace them an roll with the pain. !!

Haha just read that back and yes I'm still talking about post workout soreness ha

"DOMs are something you learn to love and miss when you don't have them.

Embrace them an roll with the pain. !!

Haha just read that back and yes I'm still talking about post workout soreness ha "

Prevention is better than cure. Stretching, foam roller and self massage all reduce it. I get it worst after marathons bit now try and keep moving afterwards which minimises it

» Add a new message to this topic