FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tenants ..

Tenants ..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

..don't pay their rent, damage your property , why the fuck would anyone be a landlord. Certainly not for the money ..cost me an arm and a leg.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

nightmares mate,but not all,i too had 2 of my properties ruined by tenants,cost a fortune to put right

A lot of Landlords are greedy and them buying up properties that they don't live in reduces available homes and makes property more expensive. I've got little sympathy

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"A lot of Landlords are greedy and them buying up properties that they don't live in reduces available homes and makes property more expensive. I've got little sympathy "

This POV also has merit

Fa la-la la-la, la-la-la-la

There is good landlords and bad landlords.

Same as with tenants.

"There is good landlords and bad landlords.

Same as with tenants."

Same as with tenants."

Indeed. I will never go into private rented again, due to previous landlords. Couldn't make it your home due to restrictions on what you could and couldn't do; having 2 months to find somewhere else to live as the landlord wants to sell up or has a relative in need; landlord just tending up and expecting you to let them in, as apparently it's their house; repairs not getting done in a reasonable amount of time; being nit picky about everything. The list goes on, but it completely put me off privately renting.

"A lot of Landlords are greedy and them buying up properties that they don't live in reduces available homes and makes property more expensive. I've got little sympathy "

This house was bought by myself, I rented it out as I'm caring for my mother at the moment.

My landlady is a bloomin gem. she just lets me do whatever i want and only visits once a year.. never had an issue with anything.

Guess i must be very lucky then

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

" ..don't pay their rent, damage your property , why the fuck would anyone be a landlord. Certainly not for the money ..cost me an arm and a leg.

"

Sorry to hear of your problems .

As no one likes paying rent , it is cricial to get the selection process right when selecting tenants .

I let rooms in shared houses in a number of different locations . When selecting tenants it is crucial to know the reasons why they are looking for accommodation and where they work.

Having lost some money in the past through non payers , I now adopt a rigorous selecion process. For this to work you will need to have some good selling points such as being close to transport links and satisfying potential tenants that your existing tenants are trust worthy and honest.

A detailed tenancy agreement with the house rules clearly laid out lets any potential tenant know how you organise things .

I value tenant gòodwill very highly and ensure that any appliance breakdown is attended to straight away. Treating tenants with respect apppears to work . I have a few who have been in rooms for more rhan a decade . As the are probably paying below market rents they may be relucant to move out. Whilst new tenants may pay a higher rent I am prepared to leave those of rhe existing tenants at the rate in existence when they moved in . These are tenants in professional jobs who could afford to move out if they wanted to.

Hopefully you can put your losses behind and use this experience to avoid future problems .

No all tenants are bad, I pay my rent on time, haven't damaged my house at all and like to think that my landlord is as happy with the situation as I am.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Cheapskate landlords who don't do repairs are the worst!

I battled for ten years with my former landlord over every tiny little repair. It would take at least a month to get anything done, if at all. Eventually they condemned the gas supply to the kitchen at a gas safety check (which was six months late). He left me with no means of cooking for five months and when I called in the council to try to force him to do the remedial works he served me 2 months notice.

Not once in ten years was my rent late!

When I moved out I realised just how bad the damp was in the house. Once I wasn't living with the smell of damp I noticed all my clothing, bedding and towels stunk, had to wash everything and wore out my washing machine in the process.

" ..don't pay their rent, damage your property , why the fuck would anyone be a landlord. Certainly not for the money ..cost me an arm and a leg.

Sorry to hear of your problems .

As no one likes paying rent , it is cricial to get the selection process right when selecting tenants .

I let rooms in shared houses in a number of different locations . When selecting tenants it is crucial to know the reasons why they are looking for accommodation and where they work.

Having lost some money in the past through non payers , I now adopt a rigorous selecion process. For this to work you will need to have some good selling points such as being close to transport links and satisfying potential tenants that your existing tenants are trust worthy and honest.

A detailed tenancy agreement with the house rules clearly laid out lets any potential tenant know how you organise things .

I value tenant gòodwill very highly and ensure that any appliance breakdown is attended to straight away. Treating tenants with respect apppears to work . I have a few who have been in rooms for more rhan a decade . As the are probably paying below market rents they may be relucant to move out. Whilst new tenants may pay a higher rent I am prepared to leave those of rhe existing tenants at the rate in existence when they moved in . These are tenants in professional jobs who could afford to move out if they wanted to.

Hopefully you can put your losses behind and use this experience to avoid future problems .

"

I wasn't doing it for the profits , I'm not a landlord, like I said in my op who'd be one ? This was, more to keep my house lived in, I've had to move out care for my mum who's seriously ill, she needed a house it seemed a good fit I set the rent way below market, decorated it before she moved in now there's a ceiling down , wiring damaged , central heating boiler fu*ked, I won't tar all tenants with this brush I'm sure there's some good ones this one has certainly burnt my fingers ..as for future I've no nterest in housing others in my home.

I rent out a house in the same village I live in. Luckily I have had the same tenants for several years. I do my part in repairs etc and they could not be a better young family. In fact I haven't raised the rent in a few years as I do not want to lose them.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Same as with tenants."

By *emini1637Woman  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I have an amazing landlord, I've been here 10 years and paid the same rent since the start, she never visits me but if I have any issues I know she'll sort them for me! She's also my hairdresser so sees me every month and asks if all is ok, no need to turn up and view the property as she knows I'll look after it (known each other many years now) but I can imagine some tenants/landlords are incredibly different. Shame you've been crapped on by your tenants!

My landlord is awesome !!! Even had a Christmas present off him !!

» Add a new message to this topic