FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BBW dieters

BBW dieters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all. As a larger lady myself I was wondering how being on here could affect other larger ladies choice to loose weight. I joined slimming world the other day and its got me thinking! Does being on here encourage you to stay how you are- as there is so much appreciation for us!

Is it purely for ourselves that some feel the need to loose weight, is it our confidence in how we feel or how others see us that makes some feel the need to shift the pounds?

I'm sure this will be a firey discussion!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Incomimg!!! in all seriousness do what you feel is best for you matter what people think

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Being on here played no part in me losing weight. The fact i was probably going to die did

I've lost quite a bit of weight over the time I've been on here. I'm not sure this place has had any influence on that because I mainly wanted to lose weight for health reasons rather than just appearance anyway. If anything it probably slightly encouraged me to lose weight because I only ever manage to do that when I'm feeling good about myself.

"Hi all. As a larger lady myself I was wondering how being on here could affect other larger ladies choice to loose weight. I joined slimming world the other day and its got me thinking! Does being on here encourage you to stay how you are- as there is so much appreciation for us!

Is it purely for ourselves that some feel the need to loose weight, is it our confidence in how we feel or how others see us that makes some feel the need to shift the pounds?

I'm sure this will be a firey discussion! "

I lost weight because I enjoy being active and seeing the effects it's having.

Confidence in my self and feeling comfortable naked plus the benefit of being healthier too.

In my humble opinion we should all aim for the healthiest weight we can. To stay at or aim for a certain weight just to appeal to somebody is crazy

"Hi all. As a larger lady myself I was wondering how being on here could affect other larger ladies choice to loose weight. I joined slimming world the other day and its got me thinking! Does being on here encourage you to stay how you are- as there is so much appreciation for us!

I'm sure this will be a firey discussion! "

actually there is a lot of truth to what your saying... my partner loves bigger women and if I'm honest I quite like who I am... and I find that a hinderence when trying to stay focused... im about to pick up my 3 and a 1/2 stone award but i lost the first 2 and a half stone easy.. then got loads of compliments and have kinda tappered off...

So yes I think feeling confident in your weight makes it harder to stay on plan. X

Oh and losing it as need an operation and cant even be put forward for it till im 11stone or less.

"actually there is a lot of truth to what your saying... my partner loves bigger women and if I'm honest I quite like who I am... and I find that a hinderence when trying to stay focused... im about to pick up my 3 and a 1/2 stone award but i lost the first 2 and a half stone easy.. then got loads of compliments and have kinda tappered off...

So yes I think feeling confident in your weight makes it harder to stay on plan. X "

My point exactly! Well done on your weight loss!

Even though my husband for some reason quite likes me getting out of breath bouncing around on top of him, while I worry that I'm about to kill him....I'll still sit here munching on my ryvita

"

I lost weight because I enjoy being active and seeing the effects it's having.

Confidence in my self and feeling comfortable naked plus the benefit of being healthier too.

"

"actually there is a lot of truth to what your saying... my partner loves bigger women and if I'm honest I quite like who I am... and I find that a hinderence when trying to stay focused... im about to pick up my 3 and a 1/2 stone award but i lost the first 2 and a half stone easy.. then got loads of compliments and have kinda tappered off...

So yes I think feeling confident in your weight makes it harder to stay on plan. X

Even though my husband for some reason quite likes me getting out of breath bouncing around on top of him, while I worry that I'm about to kill him....I'll still sit here munching on my ryvita

"

ive got my eye on a beautiful dress in a size 14... so that's my motivation. I'm quite fit even though I'm a fat ass x

Nothing on here would encourage me to stay fat, or lose weight.

Only my health matters to me, not how attractive I am to someone. I'm losing weight and feeling much better for it.

And with losing weigh comes the clothes obsession.

I could set up my own shop

"

Ryvita have come a long way since I was a teenager. There are a lot of varieties now.

"And with losing weigh comes the clothes obsession.

I could set up my own shop "

ive always liked clothes and actually slimming out of some of my clothes has almost sent me for the food.

I could set up my own shop "

I'm not really a clothes person; I've never been much of a dress or skirt person, even when I was a size 10. What I want to feel comfortable in is nice trousers and a jumper, in winter. The summer clothing I like the look of I don't look good in, because of my wide his and big bum. I only have a li bum when I'm very

I could set up my own shop

I'm not really a clothes person; I've never been much of a dress or skirt person, even when I was a size 10. What I want to feel comfortable in is nice trousers and a jumper, in winter. The summer clothing I like the look of I don't look good in, because of my wide his and big bum. I only have a little bum when I'm very underweight."

I could set up my own shop ive always liked clothes and actually slimming out of some of my clothes has almost sent me for the food.

"

it didnt me it was a case of whatever tent fitted. I bought my first playsuit aged 50

By *iver2015Woman  over a year ago

middlesbrough

I'd like to lose weight but being here makes me feel more able too. Being told I'm ok as I am gives me confidence to make changes.

I could set up my own shop ive always liked clothes and actually slimming out of some of my clothes has almost sent me for the food.

it didnt me it was a case of whatever tent fitted. I bought my first playsuit aged 50 "

i had corsets made to order and dresses... but even at 24 stone i was only a size 26... but do like being able to shop anywhere now x

By *inglehotchickWoman  over a year ago

blackpool

Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw "
no one is saying you cant.. what we are saying us outside of this lifestyle the appreciation if the bigger lady is less common... so by being on here does it help or hinder those choosing to lose weight

blackpool

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw no one is saying you cant.. what we are saying us outside of this lifestyle the appreciation if the bigger lady is less common... so by being on here does it help or hinder those choosing to lose weight "

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't think it would hinder as all ladies are popular. I get messages from bbw lovers all the time. So most guys on here are probably not arsed what size you are as long as they get a meet

By *iver2015Woman  over a year ago

middlesbrough

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw no one is saying you cant.. what we are saying us outside of this lifestyle the appreciation if the bigger lady is less common... so by being on here does it help or hinder those choosing to lose weight "

Exactly. In reality I don't get attention (yes I'm in a relationship but I have my reasons for being here). I'm always the fat friend, the one who gets asked if they want to go on diets, the one who gets left behind at a club, sympathetically explaining to men who've been shoved near me to wing man that I'm fine and they don't need to "take one for the team".

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw no one is saying you cant.. what we are saying us outside of this lifestyle the appreciation if the bigger lady is less common... so by being on here does it help or hinder those choosing to lose weight

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't think it would hinder as all ladies are popular. I get messages from bbw lovers all the time. So most guys on here are probably not arsed what size you are as long as they get a meet"

yeah but for me it does hinder because im not dieting because I want to be thinner or think I need to.. but because I have to... fab doesnt help when you get adoration but I do know most men are just not fussed... those are the ones that call me fat when i say no.

Mr is a real bbw lover.. to the fact he is worried I will lose to much weight as simply put he doesn't fancy slim women.. so that affects my ability too.. as dont want to be too slim to be sexy to him. X

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment but i'll always have curves so I don't think it will impact on my success rate with those who like a fuller figure. On the flip side I think it will increase my chances with the guys who I currently consider to be out of my league. I have gym fit super toned guys interested in me but usually they don't have the face to match (in my opinion which I understand will be different from many others). Although quite frankly I like a bit of squidge, only a bit though as I think toned is more visually appealing. A handsome face is the biggest physical turn on for me but unfortunately so far there haven't been many who I do consider to be really handsome that are actually interested in me. Possibly they don't think i'm pretty but I think it's mainly me being overweight that puts them off. Anyway, that was a bit of a ramble but the main reason i'm on a diet is to get to a more healthy weight. I have Fibromyalgia but I think being overweight certainly puts more pressure on my joints which increases my pain. Hopefully, less weight = less pain = more energy = better Mummy and wife

blackpool

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw no one is saying you cant.. what we are saying us outside of this lifestyle the appreciation if the bigger lady is less common... so by being on here does it help or hinder those choosing to lose weight

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't think it would hinder as all ladies are popular. I get messages from bbw lovers all the time. So most guys on here are probably not arsed what size you are as long as they get a meet yeah but for me it does hinder because im not dieting because I want to be thinner or think I need to.. but because I have to... fab doesnt help when you get adoration but I do know most men are just not fussed... those are the ones that call me fat when i say no.

Mr is a real bbw lover.. to the fact he is worried I will lose to much weight as simply put he doesn't fancy slim women.. so that affects my ability too.. as dont want to be too slim to be sexy to him. X"

They call you fat because they are cocks. I used to be big I lost 7 stone. I prefer to be slim for myself I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks of me. I know some guys genuinely do prefer bigger girls but then you have the majority who just say they are to get laid. You have to be happy with who you are and not what people want you to be for their own gain x

I start diet every Monday but have finished by Tuesday.I've love to lose bit I've no will power.I defo wudnt do it for being on here.folk either like ya or they dont.

Go into the chat rooms, according to the guys in there every girl is "Stunning"

Being on here hasn't got me thinking about my weight because quite frankly i wouldn't want to meet anyone that didn't want to meet me for who i am and not how much i weigh

and if i feel the need to lose weight then i will do it for me and not to try to get male attention or whatever

Its not to bad being over weight when youre younger,but as you get older it creeps up,the aches in your joints and the uncomfortable feeling it gives you,and sadly when you lose weight at an older age,the skin goes flabby.I would lose weight for myself not for anyone else,ive been on diets 40 years and could write a book on them and i am still the same lol

"Being on here hasn't got me thinking about my weight because quite frankly i wouldn't want to meet anyone that didn't want to meet me for who i am and not how much i weigh

and if i feel the need to lose weight then i will do it for me and not to try to get male attention or whatever"

..Well said bestie x

"Being on here hasn't got me thinking about my weight because quite frankly i wouldn't want to meet anyone that didn't want to meet me for who i am and not how much i weigh

and if i feel the need to lose weight then i will do it for me and not to try to get male attention or whatever ..Well said bestie x"

thank you madam

and your first reply has made me never want to lose weight eew at loose skin x

"I start diet every Monday but have finished by Tuesday.I've love to lose bit I've no will power.I defo wudnt do it for being on here.folk either like ya or they dont."

To be fair you do have a lovely figure. But that said only if your happy with it. Doesnt matter what the man says

and if i feel the need to lose weight then i will do it for me and not to try to get male attention or whatever ..Well said bestie x

thank you madam

and your first reply has made me never want to lose weight eew at loose skin x"

..Thats why i wont,santa would be able to use it as his sacks lol

and if i feel the need to lose weight then i will do it for me and not to try to get male attention or whatever ..Well said bestie x

thank you madam

and your first reply has made me never want to lose weight eew at loose skin x"

thats one thing that really annoys me people who make the excuse about lose skin. After losing 12 1/2 stone i have a bit nothing drastic and if people are prepared not to better themselves for that reason. Anyway i call them my life saving scars cause losing weight saved my life

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't think it would hinder as all ladies are popular. I get messages from bbw lovers all the time. So most guys on here are probably not arsed what size you are as long as they get a meet yeah but for me it does hinder because im not dieting because I want to be thinner or think I need to.. but because I have to... fab doesnt help when you get adoration but I do know most men are just not fussed... those are the ones that call me fat when i say no.

Mr is a real bbw lover.. to the fact he is worried I will lose to much weight as simply put he doesn't fancy slim women.. so that affects my ability too.. as dont want to be too slim to be sexy to him. X

They call you fat because they are cocks. I used to be big I lost 7 stone. I prefer to be slim for myself I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks of me. I know some guys genuinely do prefer bigger girls but then you have the majority who just say they are to get laid. You have to be happy with who you are and not what people want you to be for their own gain x"

Oh i know why they call me fat.. ive been slim too and even at 8 stone something guys would call me fat or ugly if I said no... but im me... but i do find here is a hinderence for me to stay focused

"I start diet every Monday but have finished by Tuesday.I've love to lose bit I've no will power.I defo wudnt do it for being on here.folk either like ya or they dont.

To be fair you do have a lovely figure. But that said only if your happy with it. Doesnt matter what the man says "

Ah thanks love

"I start diet every Monday but have finished by Tuesday.I've love to lose bit I've no will power.I defo wudnt do it for being on here.folk either like ya or they dont.

To be fair you do have a lovely figure. But that said only if your happy with it. Doesnt matter what the man says

Ah thanks love "

No problem

That comment about loose skin was made in jest

well done on your weight loss

thank you madam

and your first reply has made me never want to lose weight eew at loose skin xthats one thing that really annoys me people who make the excuse about lose skin. After losing 12 1/2 stone i have a bit nothing drastic and if people are prepared not to better themselves for that reason. Anyway i call them my life saving scars cause losing weight saved my life"

ive lost a lot of weight twice and ive not had much issue with skin... and i dont think it should be an excuse. And I think if someone does it slowly and tones up to the excess skin will be minimal .

I've lost 2 stone in the last 2 months. Nothing to do with being on here. I was a bordeline alcoholic and was making myself ill so I had to make some serious changes to my life for my sake and my childrens' and I have never felt better since cutting out the booze pretty much altogether

Any changes you choose to make, make them for you

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw "

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original post...

I think Fab is great for a confidence boost. I've found that many swingers and people in the LGBTQ community are much more accepting of body shape. It makes a nice change.

I've lost 7 stone now but do it for myself and no one else. The buzz of losing weight and working out is what keeps me sane when life is not quite going to plan!

"I've lost 2 stone in the last 2 months. Nothing to do with being on here. I was a bordeline alcoholic and was making myself ill so I had to make some serious changes to my life for my sake and my childrens' and I have never felt better since cutting out the booze pretty much altogether

Any changes you choose to make, make them for you "

This is amazing!

"I've lost 2 stone in the last 2 months. Nothing to do with being on here. I was a bordeline alcoholic and was making myself ill so I had to make some serious changes to my life for my sake and my childrens' and I have never felt better since cutting out the booze pretty much altogether

Any changes you choose to make, make them for you "

Huge thumbs up to your last point. There's no point trying to do it for someone else or what you think someone else will want, it doesn't work.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

My weight loss coincided with me joining fab but the two things aren't related. I wouldn't have been confident enough to meet 5 stone ago regardless of how many people told me they thought I was sexy and if anything being on here has made me more determined to carry on with the weight loss; I like not worrying (as much) about the flabby bits bouncing around when I'm being fucked.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I like my fuller figure, when I lose weight i'll do it for health reasons and health reasons alone. I do need to lose weight, but I'm not in the right frame of mind yet.

Smoking on the other hand I am more likely to quit for vanity reasons despite knowing the horrific potential health implications, but again, nothing to do with Fab/swinging.

Being here has helped my self esteem, I've been losing weight though for myself as I wanted to fit in a smaller clothes size.

Still got plenty to go, but getting there gradually.

Sarah

blackpool

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original post..."

What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter if you lose weight or gain weight most men on here don't really give a fuck as long as they get to meet. If someone wants to lose weight they should do it for themselves and not be arsed about what happens on here. Someone said there is a lot of appreciation for bbw on here but not in the outside world. What I meant is I'm slim and get lots of attention on here but in the outside world I'm single too. You just have to be yourself. Lots of bbw are in relationships outside of fab it's just meeting the right person for you

The biggest battle to losing weight is getting in the mindset. We really need to do it for ourselves, doesnt matter if others say where beautiful or fat where not them.

It took me 48 years and even now i have to reign it in, i wasnt well this year and ive podged a couple of stone on but i got a grip and 1 stone has come off just need the other.

Its a very hard battle but one worth doing

exactly

"

Exactly. In reality I don't get attention (yes I'm in a relationship but I have my reasons for being here). I'm always the fat friend, the one who gets asked if they want to go on diets, "

Yep know that feeling. Rubbish isn't it

Loving all the comments. Some brilliant points. Thankyou all.xx

By *horehouseprincessWoman  over a year ago

small town near Munich

"Being on here played no part in me losing weight. The fact i was probably going to die did"

this.

"Being a slim lady I get a lot of appreciation. You can been any shape or size to get that on here not just a bbw

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original post...

What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter if you lose weight or gain weight most men on here don't really give a fuck as long as they get to meet. If someone wants to lose weight they should do it for themselves and not be arsed about what happens on here. Someone said there is a lot of appreciation for bbw on here but not in the outside world. What I meant is I'm slim and get lots of attention on here but in the outside world I'm single too. You just have to be yourself. Lots of bbw are in relationships outside of fab it's just meeting the right person for you"

Ahh okay... gotcha!

Yeah, dating in the outside world can be hard for everyone, no matter what you look like.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I love ryvita ... with lashings of cheese .....

I'm on here and lost just short of 4 stone. The only thing I find is that the socials that involve having a drink affect my weight loss so I haven't lost so much lately

» Add a new message to this topic