FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > off the grid

off the grid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ooking for bbws OP   Couple  over a year ago

secret garden chilling, always something to do in the garden

How wood u fancy living in the middle of know where, useing only stuff from the land without no help from the government! Just watching Chris tarrant: ice train to no where, if I was fit an able wood love too... I'm already growing my own veg at home now I av a garden, so where wood u live if u could live off the grid where wood it be....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Somewhere warmer. France, I think.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've not thought about it much but... Probably somewhere in Chile not far from the coast but about 80m above sea level, about 3 hectares should suffice for about a dozen people ish

No thanks, I fucking hate gardening.

"No thanks, I fucking hate gardening."

Im not entirely sure where gardening stops and farming begins

We're aiming to do this in the future. Mostly traveling about in a van with a bit of land to use as an occasional smallholding.

Failing that a beach shack somewhere quiet in the Indian Ocean.

"No thanks, I fucking hate gardening..

Im not entirely sure where gardening stops and farming begins "

For commercial vs private consumption would be my definition, grew up on a farm where my parents also grew vegetables

I already do a little, we have fruit trees in the garden and actually get crops..even figs of which we have three trees, and I know my locale very well and go out regularly picking whatever is seasonal, there are cherry, damsons, apples, pears,brambles, raspberries, sloes, elderberries, elderflowers and in one place an another fig tree that spills over from someone's garden and I don't think they pick it...I do ..I know a place that I think was once an orchard once upon a time and I've taken to picking the fruit and occasionally pruning the tress as it's a bit wild in places. I know where mushrooms can be found, various types and even some down to the individual tree they are bound to (some mushrooms have ectomycorrhizal relationships with some trees and will produce fruit there every year)

I also spend much of winter out ferreting and will bring home plenty rabbit so that's a boon and I've kind of inherited three allotments too..One of which I'm able to keep hens on should I wish so those will come into play I hope. They need a little attention over this winter but it's a nice project to have.

when I used to drink I'd make damson wine myself and that was pretty potent so could potentially do that again of I decided to take it up again.

I also performed quite successfully a small operation on my toe nail recently and the last couple of teeth I had removed I did myself..

I reckon I wouldn't do too badly at self sufficiency and all that jazz but I'm under no illusion it'd be far from idyllic

By *ild-1Woman  over a year ago

york

No I couldn't produce enough wine and cigs to keep me happy!!

"No I couldn't produce enough wine and cigs to keep me happy!! "

wine is piss easy to make

it's not always high end but does the job though

But cider is more fun

No I couldn't produce enough wine and cigs to keep me happy!!

"But cider is more fun "

again pretty easy made wi' wild apples..unwashed ain't they so they gots a bit o natural yeast already on em my lover

nah i couldnt do it.. id struggle with camping for more than a week

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I already do a little, we have fruit trees in the garden and actually get crops..even figs of which we have three trees, and I know my locale very well and go out regularly picking whatever is seasonal, there are cherry, damsons, apples, pears,brambles, raspberries, sloes, elderberries, elderflowers and in one place an another fig tree that spills over from someone's garden and I don't think they pick it...I do ..I know a place that I think was once an orchard once upon a time and I've taken to picking the fruit and occasionally pruning the tress as it's a bit wild in places. I know where mushrooms can be found, various types and even some down to the individual tree they are bound to (some mushrooms have ectomycorrhizal relationships with some trees and will produce fruit there every year)

I also spend much of winter out ferreting and will bring home plenty rabbit so that's a boon and I've kind of inherited three allotments too..One of which I'm able to keep hens on should I wish so those will come into play I hope. They need a little attention over this winter but it's a nice project to have.

when I used to drink I'd make damson wine myself and that was pretty potent so could potentially do that again of I decided to take it up again.

I also performed quite successfully a small operation on my toe nail recently and the last couple of teeth I had removed I did myself..

I reckon I wouldn't do too badly at self sufficiency and all that jazz but I'm under no illusion it'd be far from idyllic "

Wow

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I do fancy this but in a luxury self-sufficient modern house type way

"nah i couldnt do it.. id struggle with camping for more than a week"

nah...If it was for a long time I'd be looking at more permanent shelter.

The chainsaw would be out I feel

"I already do a little, we have fruit trees in the garden and actually get crops..even figs of which we have three trees, and I know my locale very well and go out regularly picking whatever is seasonal, there are cherry, damsons, apples, pears,brambles, raspberries, sloes, elderberries, elderflowers and in one place an another fig tree that spills over from someone's garden and I don't think they pick it...I do ..I know a place that I think was once an orchard once upon a time and I've taken to picking the fruit and occasionally pruning the tress as it's a bit wild in places. I know where mushrooms can be found, various types and even some down to the individual tree they are bound to (some mushrooms have ectomycorrhizal relationships with some trees and will produce fruit there every year)

I reckon I wouldn't do too badly at self sufficiency and all that jazz but I'm under no illusion it'd be far from idyllic

Wow "

you like figs too?

"nah i couldnt do it.. id struggle with camping for more than a week

The chainsaw would be out I feel "

hindsight is a wonderful thing.. we are a million worlds apart lol

"nah i couldnt do it.. id struggle with camping for more than a week

The chainsaw would be out I feel

hindsight is a wonderful thing.. we are a million worlds apart lol"

not buying the log cabin dream then? shame..you'd be welcome there.

invitation stands

» Add a new message to this topic