FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sexually Abused Footballers

Sexually Abused Footballers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itchcock OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Awful thing they suffered and I'm guessing this will be way way bigger than Savile and will go global.

However, they are paid huge salaries. Sure some have exceptional talent but could it also be hush money?? Discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

Nahhhhh not hush money.

Its just very sad ?? to see.

But in hindsight, it is obvious that these scum of the earth would find jobs like that to prey on the young and the innocent.

I just hope that it makes sure that cant happen anymore in the modern game.

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Not sure what you mean about salaries and hush money. These were kids abused by adults in a position of authority, the fact that some still managed to go on and achieve in the sport despite their abuse is admirable. Time will tell if it was widespread or a few isolated incidents. Terrible business.

London

Sure they were kids at the time but were they paid handsomely in later life to stop them telling their story?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sure they were kids at the time but were they paid handsomely in later life to stop them telling their story? "

No, they get paid well, because football became fashionable again and money poured into the upper echelons of the game.

Quite how you can link the abuse to high salaries is beyond me.

And there will be thousands of kids that didn't make it into the big time but were still nonced.

No matter how much money you have, you can't buy back a ruined childhood.

"Sure they were kids at the time but were they paid handsomely in later life to stop them telling their story? "

What about all those that dodn;t go on to earn huge salaries?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I doubt it very much, the guys that have done the abusing wouldn't be able to afford to pay a professional footballer hush money

I'd say it was a fear of being the first to tell there story in what is a very macho environment,now the ice has been broken others might be confident to come forward

Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until details of sufficient cases where actual charges are made come to light in a volume that warrants branding football as an institution that has a sexual abuse epidemic greater than the rest of society ...

London

It's intended as a discussion point and not necessarily reflecting what I think.

"It's intended as a discussion point and not necessarily reflecting what I think."

So out of interesst what do you think?

By *ogan66Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

The footballers are classic victims of child sexual abuse plus working in an environment which is traditionally macho. Hush money and how much the earn has nothing to do with it. Like in other areas of life people simply didn't talk about it. As abusers are attracted to jobs where they can or could access kids I think there's a lot more to come

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

And that makes it alright does it !

Abuse is abuse.....wrong !

London

Football is awash with money. Imagine the damage that could done to clubs if they were exposed to harbouring these offenders. They'd go out of their way to cover it up but I don't believe this is done by way of players salaries. That's my opinion.

Huddersfield

Due toThe nature of the work I have done I can tell you that it is the abuser who buys the silence by grooming. As regards the clubs I take your point but I think it more likely that they did not think they had a problem to cover up. It's not the last 15 years that generally people have become more aware

By *inkySlinkyCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Awful thing they suffered and I'm guessing this will be way way bigger than Savile and will go global.

However, they are paid huge salaries. Sure some have exceptional talent but could it also be hush money?? Discuss."

So you are saying footballers are prostitutes, accepting money for being sodomised?

Sally

Society is becoming more and more driven by compensation culture and fuelled by speculation and sensationalism which has been proven to result in justice not being administered with due impartiality......

I fully believe every perpetrator of sexual abuse should be held to account but I also feel those accused who are then proven innocent deserve anonymity.....

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

I think you are under the impression that all young footballers go on to earn tens of thousands of pounds a week.....the reality is that the vast majority never get to earn a decent wage from football.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

what about the people at the F A they knew about this 15yrs ago and hushed it up....just like the bbc and saville

Huddersfield

he impression that all young footballers go on to earn tens of thousands of pounds a week.....the reality is that the vast majority never get to earn a decent wage from football.

So true. What about those kids who at a young age suddenly stopped wanting to go to football and the parents didn't understand why. Some of those may later self harm have difficulties forming trusting relationships and in the worst case scenario go on to abuse children themselves. The celebrity footballers speaking out is important but most victims I suspect won't have had careers

A Sport England report indicates a figure of around 2,144,700 children and adults were playing regular football in 2007 .

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

"what about the people at the F A they knew about this 15yrs ago and hushed it up....just like the bbc and saville"

This is what I find so concerning. It wasn't only just one person who knew. There must have been a fair amount of people who knew about this.

If there are legal cases arising from this, I wouldn't be surprised. The buck has to stop somewhere.

People knew. They knew and said nothing and ruined people's childhoods,and subsequently their lives. This is so wrong.

[Removed by poster at 25/11/16 12:14:28]

London

Absolutely not am I under that impression. I know a tiny percentage go on to become professional and an even smaller number of those earn the big bucks.

London

From the Daily Mirror today - FA to probe clubs over abuse hush money...wasnt a million miles wrong was I?

"From the Daily Mirror today - FA to probe clubs over abuse hush money...wasnt a million miles wrong was I?"

It's reported Chelsea have paid out compensation to one victim of abuse but he had to sign a confidentiality clause. I wonder did they do their own internal investigation and how much info was passed on to the police if any at all.

London

Sounds like no info was passed to police at the time, hence the investigation now. My gut feeling is that this will spread to other clubs and before we know it we'll be into double figures. I wonder how many players still playing have been subject to abuse.

» Add a new message to this topic