FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Brits that designed the modern world..

The Brits that designed the modern world..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm just watching it now on bbc 2

so far they have talked about the inter city train and road signs, its very interesting...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Interesting about the Olympic torch too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's brilliant the road signs are so obvious and simple and took true genius to make them this way

"It's brilliant the road signs are so obvious and simple and took true genius to make them this way "

I just thought that was something the council dreamt up though...not an actual designer

By *lsd199Man  over a year ago

London

I havent watched it, but to think of this the brits who designed driving on the right side... oh boy they are not so smart to say the least

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"It's brilliant the road signs are so obvious and simple and took true genius to make them this way

I just thought that was something the council dreamt up though...not an actual designer"

Yes, Margaret Calvert. She designed the fonts & grahics for all road signs & Railways

"It's brilliant the road signs are so obvious and simple and took true genius to make them this way

I just thought that was something the council dreamt up though...not an actual designer

Yes, Margaret Calvert. She designed the fonts & grahics for all road signs & Railways "

I know that now

"I havent watched it, but to think of this the brits who designed driving on the right side... oh boy they are not so smart to say the least"

eh?

By *lsd199Man  over a year ago

London

sorry, meant the left side, I always get confused in UK

"sorry, meant the left side, I always get confused in UK "

either way the programme is about actual things like those already mentioned, not the concept of driving on the left or right

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just thought that was something the council dreamt up though...not an actual designer"

Was it really that woman James May talked to on Top Gear and was the school children crossing the road sign really her and her brother?

Was it really that woman James May talked to on Top Gear and was the school children crossing the road sign really her and her brother?"

no idea about that, sorry

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Was it really that woman James May talked to on Top Gear and was the school children crossing the road sign really her and her brother?"

Yes, that is her

» Add a new message to this topic