FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Crossing the professional line

Crossing the professional line

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Righty had some decent advice previously so will put this one out there.

I recently met a girl in a professional capacity and now don't need to have contact with her, although I'm aware she went beyond what she needed to do by quite a margin.

Now I did look her up on Facebook naturally but weary about contacting her that way as a tad stalkerish.

Thinking a handwritten letter leaving the ball in her court - without contravening the professional aspect?

Now certainly I've got this wrong before but ugly enough to think there was a glimmer there although slim.

Any thoughts or advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think if you have had a 'professional ' contact with this girl it's probably better yo retain that professional distance - just my 2p worth.

Sadly you could be right, maybe wishful thinking on my part

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

You looked her up on Facebook naturally

I'm normally against mixing business and pleasure but I don't think asking her if she wants to go for a drink is exactly unprofessional or inappropriate.

Birmingham

It's just my manager accidentally looked me up on Facebook.

Gave me the creeps!

Also depends on the nature of the contact - if its a medical contact i would say definitely not - if youre a sales guy and she was a customer then - prob ok as its slightly different.

Sorry the naturally part was meant tongue in cheek- i am interested but not a creep. It's a delicate situation I agree

"It's just my manager accidentally looked me up on Facebook.

Gave me the creeps! "

Accidentally?? Just tripped over you whilst looking fir someone with the same name?

Birmingham

I guess, because we don't know the ins and out of your 'relationship,' that it's a call only you can make.

If you feel comfortable in terms of professional boundaries then go for it. If you're questioning boundaries then I would caution on the side of err!

Birmingham

Gave me the creeps!

Accidentally?? Just tripped over you whilst looking fir someone with the same name? "

Apparently we had a mutual friend you may know! Didn't stop him looking at my pics!

Gave me the creeps!

Accidentally?? Just tripped over you whilst looking fir someone with the same name?

Apparently we had a mutual friend you may know! Didn't stop him looking at my pics! "

Well i dont know if id want to see a work colleague naked - well on here - theres one at Xmas i fully intend to see naked

Maybe I'm just lonely and she's a naturally warm person and I have it all wrong

Gave me the creeps!

Apparently we had a mutual friend you may know! Didn't stop him looking at my pics! "

Oh and your profile is hilarious but your age limit is way too low for my liking - prob needs +2 yrs so i can send you inane messages

"I guess, because we don't know the ins and out of your 'relationship,' that it's a call only you can make.

If you feel comfortable in terms of professional boundaries then go for it. If you're questioning boundaries then I would caution on the side of err! "

I won't be seeing her again in that capacity-

Fuck it harmless letter no further contact and if not life rolls on

By *retty FolliesCouple (FF)  over a year ago

south

"You looked her up on Facebook naturally "

"Fuck it harmless letter no further contact and if not life rolls on"

personally, i would find a letter way more stalkery and creepy than a facebook message...fb is at least very public...

"Fuck it harmless letter no further contact and if not life rolls on"

I know sort of how you feel. There's a guy that comes in the gym I work in and he works in a well known car dealership, he gave me his number on a piece of paper as he didn't have business cards on him and said to call him when I'm ready to get a new car. I haven't called him, Its been a few ninths since he gave me it and I've seen him loads of times since and he's asked when I'm gonna get my car and call! I've just saved his number in my phone and I look at his whatsapp picture all the time!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Gave me the creeps! "

I have set it so Search engines can't find me fb account and I have removed job company as well

For me it's like because of football lifestyle it's sounds like I am worse behaved than I am

if you no longer have any need of her services in a professional capacity then I don't see the harm in sending a letter..

however, you might have taken her helpfulness out of all proportion because you fancy her anyway and she may have just seen it as going the extra mile by being extra helpful...

its a fine line IMO

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I think deep down we know who fancies us and who doesn't, if you dealt with each other in a professional capacity and she went above and beyond it doesn't mean she fancies you, it might mean she is just a person who takes pride in what she does and is super helpful, I am like that at work but either way my motto is "don't screw the crew" and I wouldn't contact her if I were you

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"I think if you have had a 'professional ' contact with this girl it's probably better yo retain that professional distance - just my 2p worth. "

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Fuck it harmless letter no further contact and if not life rolls on

personally, i would find a letter way more stalkery and creepy than a facebook message...fb is at least very public..."

Agree!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Righty had some decent advice previously so will put this one out there.

I recently met a girl in a professional capacity and now don't need to have contact with her, although I'm aware she went beyond what she needed to do by quite a margin.

Now I did look her up on Facebook naturally but weary about contacting her that way as a tad stalkerish.

Thinking a handwritten letter leaving the ball in her court - without contravening the professional aspect?

Now certainly I've got this wrong before but ugly enough to think there was a glimmer there although slim.

Any thoughts or advice?

"

This sort of thing happened to me years ago before internet and took the form of a note on my desk. I took it no further and it was horribly embarrassing when we met again.

"Fuck it harmless letter no further contact and if not life rolls on

personally, i would find a letter way more stalkery and creepy than a facebook message...fb is at least very public...

Agree! "

I'd agree with this. I'd probably just leave it altogether, but if you must contact her do it by some casual method like email. A letter is a bit star-crossed lovers.

"You looked her up on Facebook naturally "

Haha. My first thought.

In the end I've done nothing- since whichever option I take inevitably will be the wrong one and will blow up in my face.

Just when life shines a brief light onto you it shows you're also knee deep in mire.

To be happy, or have someone else in my life to be happy with is something that's beyond my reach.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

To be happy, or have someone else in my life to be happy with is something that's beyond my reach. "

Because you've decided not to contact one woman?

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Professional" = No

\thread

"

To be happy, or have someone else in my life to be happy with is something that's beyond my reach.

"

It's the straw that's broken the camel's back. I think the help i need isn't on fab.

"

It's the straw that's broken the camel's back. I think the help i need isn't on fab."

*Alec Guinness voice*

*waves hand* this isn't the help you're looking for

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If your contact hadn't given an indication of wanting to explore a non-business type relationship, then I wouldn't think it appropriate to contact her via personal website methods etc.

If you seriously feel that there is something that she's communicated to you, then you could send a message via your professional contact system. Even then, it should be restrained and professional. Overall, it's not a great thing to do, if you're pursuing a female, as it could end very badly imo.

Don't worry I've waved off- I always fuck things up so binned it - and besides my head is up my arse at the mo

"In the end I've done nothing- since whichever option I take inevitably will be the wrong one and will blow up in my face.

Just when life shines a brief light onto you it shows you're also knee deep in mire.

To be happy, or have someone else in my life to be happy with is something that's beyond my reach. "

No wonder yer on here with no avatar pic

If ya too scared or shy to roll with it then move aside for a bloke who doesn't fanny around like you

» Add a new message to this topic