FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > this exclusive replica can be yours...

this exclusive replica can be yours...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I saw an advert on TV for a detailed scale model of the back to the future delorian," ooh I'd love that" I thought to myself, then I saw the fine print.

130 issues, at £8.99 per issue means I could be the proud owner of a toy car that I had to build myself in two and a half years time, at a total cost of £1169.70.

I could buy a perfectly good roadworthy car for that money, or a decent gaming PC, or a bespoke suit, or even a decent holiday.

What would you do with £1169.70 rather than spend it on wasting two and a half years building something that will sit on a shelf trying to gather as much dust as it can

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You could actually buy a delorian for that cash.

By *iver2015Woman  over a year ago

middlesbrough

Cosmetic dental work. I hate my teeth.

you could buy the De Lorean model in 1/8th scale on an auction site for £54 delivered and spend the rest sitting in a pub having a few drinks thinking about the other saps waiting for part 2 to arrive

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Or. You could then get the cash back that you spent by hiring it out. Time machine hire business are great investments because you get the DeLorean back almost in stanly and can hire it out again immediately to the next customer without any waiting for it to come back. THATs why that a magazine charges so much you see!

"You could actually buy a delorian for that cash. "

Er, not quite. Have you seen how much they fetch?

Try upwards of £20K

Always get 1 don't you. Sorry Mr I know my shit. By the way I saw 1 for sale for £1500 early this year yes the condition was crap but still not 20k

"I saw an advert on TV for a detailed scale model of the back to the future delorian," ooh I'd love that" I thought to myself, then I saw the fine print.

130 issues, at £8.99 per issue means I could be the proud owner of a toy car that I had to build myself in two and a half years time, at a total cost of £1169.70.

I could buy a perfectly good roadworthy car for that money, or a decent gaming PC, or a bespoke suit, or even a decent holiday.

What would you do with £1169.70 rather than spend it on wasting two and a half years building something that will sit on a shelf trying to gather as much dust as it can"

looks cool but I've seen pretty good ones for £40. Pretty idiotic tbh

Or buy a brand new one, next year, for around £67,000

Use some of it to buy a new phone!! (Apparently they don't like being dunked in tea)

A few nights away in the Gotham hotel in their biggest suite with Merryteaser

I'd buy a cheap family car and take my grandchildren for days out.

It would have to be a holiday in santorini for me

"Use some of it to buy a new phone!! (Apparently they don't like being dunked in tea) "

You tried to eat your phone?

I could buy a n old motorbike to build a café racer, buy some nice luggage, buy a vale range washing machine, dryer and dish washer,

I COULD GET A FUCKING HOT TUUUUUUUUB!!!!!!!

"I saw an advert on TV for a detailed scale model of the back to the future delorian," ooh I'd love that" I thought to myself, then I saw the fine print.

What would you do with £1169.70 rather than spend it on wasting two and a half years building something that will sit on a shelf trying to gather as much dust as it can"

We saw that advertised on tv the other day and mr SnT worked out the cost.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Good ole DeAgostini (usually them) I think they did the Victory last year, we probably defeated Napolean quicker than the build time

If you want museum quality get an old Pocher kit of a 1920's-30's car, usually a few on Ebay. I personally wouldn't get their new stuff, does nothing for me.

S

I would go to Venice again with my hubby

So you build it then you go back in time by two years OP.

"Good ole DeAgostini (usually them)"

Do you remember when they done the Subaru WRX many years ago.... I got the lot... and had to wait several weeks for parts that were faulty... eventually built, took it out for a test drive and within 5 mins the motor blew up!

Went to London (their head office at the time) with the car and got all my money back, and a little extra too.

Would NEVER buy anything from such a crap company ever again.

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

I'd get myself another old Jag, either an XJ or S-Type

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

I'll use it for my next roadtrip to London

"Use some of it to buy a new phone!! (Apparently they don't like being dunked in tea)

You tried to eat your phone?"

You never absent mindedly reach for a biscuit whilst watching the telly and accidentally grab your phone and before know it your chomping on a soggy Samsung?... No?... Just me then?...

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

so funny..and so true..not sure who does this stuff..is it an endurance thing?

What would you do with £1169.70 rather than spend it on wasting two and a half years building something that will sit on a shelf trying to gather as much dust as it canso funny..and so true..not sure who does this stuff..is it an endurance thing?"

Its the model makers version of "edging" for those with sadist tendencies

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Can I change mine? I want cottage by the sea with a big bath, a hot man and lots of fizz please.

Chocolate would be good but I'll need someone to pop by and cook then bugger off again as I shall spend the time naked or in a white fluffy towel (and in numerous positions with said hot guy)

Thankyou

I would donate mine to the resistance.

I figure with Han gone, Leia highly unlikely to figure again and the first order gathering momentum the rebels are gonna need all the help they can get.

Then again I'd probably just spunk it all on a massive piss up orgy for my friends list

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Dental work done £450

Kriss vector gbb £360

Voodoo marassa hybrid bike £400

OK slightly over but good enough.

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

What would you do with £1169.70 rather than spend it on wasting two and a half years building something that will sit on a shelf trying to gather as much dust as it canso funny..and so true..not sure who does this stuff..is it an endurance thing?

Its the model makers version of "edging" for those with sadist tendencies "

i laughed out loud at this

By *ysnomiaMan  over a year ago

Preston

"I COULD GET A FUCKING HOT TUUUUUUUUB!!!!!!! "

ALL ROUND TO BUTLER'S GAFF!

Sorry didn't see this one, but it did remind me of the Millennium Falcon that would cost in excess of 800 to build, wonder if anyone is still doing that one.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

130 issues, at £8.99 per issue means I could be the proud owner of a toy car that I had to build myself in two and a half years time, at a total cost of £1169.70"

Assuming the publishers actually bother after instalment 3. When did any of us last see anything other than a "part one" in Smiths?

Always stayed away from these, I enjoy the building, detailing, and painting of the kits I have.

The price is always a lot less too.

Stuff it in my saving account.

#rockstar

I'd go on another holiday. It's become a hobby of mine and there are still a ton of places I need to get to.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

It must pay for them to advertise,because that's not cheap so someone must buy them?.

» Add a new message to this topic