FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holidays Complaints!!!

Holidays Complaints!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seen these and thought I have to share this.

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "T.C. VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Are these people for real

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Sand on the beach and fish in the sea who would of thunk it

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

12 is my favourite!

By * Kiwis and a BananaMan  over a year ago

Part of your 5 a day

"12 is my favourite!"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So funny.

Too funny

Oh some people do make you giggle (Kat) xx

The beach was too sandy is my favourite.

The towels and swim suits made xx

Thats made my day.

So funny

14 & 19 must have been taking the piss...but the others are all too believable

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Our hotel rep told us people complained and wanted compensation because the wrong type of snow fell on their skiing holiday.

I'm preparing my complaint in case I don't see the northern lights in Iceland next year!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Brilliant

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

My ex sister in law was a holiday rep in the 80's and yes people do complain about stupid things.

From insects to the weather! It was a campsite in the south of France. What did they expect!

These cannot be true, I mean how fucking stupid are people

I took my daughter to a join fowler site for a hilkiday a few years ago, and my cousin told me that if you complain about anything in your accommodation they upgrade you.

I couldn't find anything to complain about, how I wishiI had this list then lol

By *ysnomiaMan  over a year ago

Preston

"These cannot be true, I mean how fucking stupid are people "

Never underestimate people's stupidity, and remember that have the numbers on their side!

Proper biscuits.. Lolol.

"Seen these and thought I have to share this.

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "T.C. VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Are these people for real "

I used to work in the complaints dept for a holiday airline company and also worked for an overseas holiday company..

IMO if people think they can get away with it, they will complain about anything... including the food being too Spanish (in Palma), the weather being too hot (in playa de las Americas) and people being too foreign

I've seen some classics in my time

Brits abroad, gotta luv 'em.

By *nnejohnCouple  over a year ago

warrington

customer is always right lol

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

These do make me laugh but also annoy the feck out of me. How do some people manage to get out of bed? Jack

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"These do make me laugh but also annoy the feck out of me. How do some people manage to get out of bed? Jack"

I bet most of them are in management

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"These do make me laugh but also annoy the feck out of me. How do some people manage to get out of bed? Jack

I bet most of them are in management "

Lmao.

By *lassy pairCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich London

Well we somthing to complaine about for sure, so we need to make real, don't we

This is brilliant it's like reading something out of Viz

Ruby

So funny x

Classic!

It reminded me of the post on here where someone had gone to Turkey or Egypt or somewhere else with a load of mosques and was complaining about the call to prayer waking them up

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It reminded me of the post on here where someone had gone to Turkey or Egypt or somewhere else with a load of mosques and was complaining about the call to prayer waking them up "

I thought about that as well

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"These cannot be true, I mean how fucking stupid are people "

There was a forum post last year I think it was, by someone who complained to the hotel about the noise waking them up each morning. They said it really spoilt their holiday.

Did I mention they were in Egypt and the "noise" was the adhan?!!

I love 19 .. it's brilliant

"customer is always right lol"

Even when they're are very clearly wrong!

"customer is always right lol

Even when they're are very clearly wrong!"

Haha no!!! I never settled for that crap when I worked in customer service. I was adamant and didn't give in.

In one instance cos we had technical difficulties and the call couldn't be traced back to me I told the man how pathetic he was and to go fuck himself.

By *antsguy007Man  over a year ago

Whiteley

"customer is always right lol

Even when they're are very clearly wrong!

Haha no!!! I never settled for that crap when I worked in customer service. I was adamant and didn't give in.

In one instance cos we had technical difficulties and the call couldn't be traced back to me I told the man how pathetic he was and to go fuck himself. "

How satisfying was that??

Whiteley

Common one in Edinburgh is people complaining about missing the 1 o'clock gun - because it was clear what time it would be going off at!!

Of a query about what time the northern lights will be switched on at.

Whiteley

Best one I ever had was working in Luss (a wee village on Loch Lomond) and telling tourists about the haggis running free in the hills and where the best places to find them.

A couple of Americans came back in later wet and muddy and i thought i was in trouble but they just wanted to thank me and report they hadn't seen any!

"Common one in Edinburgh is people complaining about missing the 1 o'clock gun - because it was clear what time it would be going off at!!

"

. Hahaha wtf some people are mad I tell you (Kat) xx

Whiteley

"Common one in Edinburgh is people complaining about missing the 1 o'clock gun - because it was clear what time it would be going off at!!

. Hahaha wtf some people are mad I tell you (Kat) xx"

Some shouldn't be allowed out on their own (never mind a passport)

. Hahaha wtf some people are mad I tell you (Kat) xx

Some shouldn't be allowed out on their own (never mind a passport)"

. this is very true xx

Funny. Love it

"Seen these and thought I have to share this.

Are these people for real "

How do these people survive in the real world lmao

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I worked in Aviemore in the Scottish Highlands earlier this year.

Colleagues said that last Xmas, arriving guests wanted compensation from the hotel as there wasn't any snow on the ski runs! Some even complained they'd driven all the way from London only to find no snow and wanted fuel costs reimbursed too.

Asked why they didn't consult the weather forecasts, ski reports on news websites etc to check before travelling, they even reported the staff for impertinence and demanded their dismissal!

At one hotel I was manager at, an American couple took me to task on (their words) the utterly tasteless and inadequate food items left on the dresser unit in their bedroom and they'd be lodging a complaint with our Head Office.

They chose to argue that we didn't know what we were talking about when I pointed out we weren't part of a group but were an independent hotel, a one off. They stormed out and we never saw them again, but two other local hotels, each part of UK wide hotel chains received written complaints about our hotel!

The tasteless food items they complained about????? The dozy Yanks inly ate a whole bowl of Pot-Pourri!

I worked on the beach in this country for years and heard some amazing complaints.

People would complain that someone was sitting on the beach between their beach hut and the sea!

Too much sand.

Bikinis that are too revealing.

One lady sent her 6 year old son in to complain that the lady who was sunbathing topless was making him feel upset! 6 year olds should not be upset by the human form!

A chap from northern England complained that too many tourists were being allowed onto the beach and would I mind removing at least 50%! I agreed and Asked him to leave, at which point I hope he realised how stupid he was being! He walked back to his family on the sand saying nothing!

Too many morons around!

» Add a new message to this topic