FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Positive attitude

Positive attitude

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recently discovered as i'm aging i'm becoming more pessimistic what with all the negative articles in the news and social media - so anyone what's your top tips and ideas (non sexual)to get back on track with a positive way of thinking/believing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Stop reading the news.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I avoid to watch the news and talk to my neighbours.

Become a realist. Avoid the news.

Stop using social media.

Look for beautiful things.

I almost fell into that trap. I came off a bad break up with my ex then I came to fab and saw the women be pretty horrible to the men. It almost made me start to hate women, but you can't do that.

Just try to keep your head up and remember that it all passes away eventually. There will be good times again. One day.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Both pessimism and optimism are habits.

Maybe get some positive thinking boks and get yourself back on track.

"We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today"

Dale Carnegie.

I think positivity is overrated. I'd rather fall somewhere in the middle.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Both pessimism and optimism are habits.

Maybe get some positive thinking boks and get yourself back on track.

"We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today"

Dale Carnegie."

When I was with my ex I was such a pessimist, now I am so much more positive, thanks to the Mr. I try and look at the positives in life even taking positives out of bad situations. I was diagnosed with an auto immune disease 7 years ago and now it's made me realise I only spend time and energy on people and things I enjoy, as I have listed energy took me a while to do that but now I am so much happier.

Just say out loud the good things you want in life and they come to you.

And don't watch the news that's mind numbing propaganda

Take everything with a big pinch of salt

Thicker skin helps

Don't believe every shit you hear on the news

The way to happiness is first being happy with yourself then the rest will follow

I've said it before but gratitude helps with happiness and positivity! When you're grateful about something, it's hard to feel bad about life...

Sheffield

"Take everything with a big pinch of salt

Thicker skin helps

Don't believe every shit you hear on the news

The way to happiness is first being happy with yourself then the rest will follow

"

Don't take everything with a big pinch of salt - high blood pressure is stressful

Just kep looking for the good in every situation. There is some terible things in the news, that should make us happier for even the smallest of good things in our lives.

xx

By *arvin35Man  over a year ago

penrith

Smile and say something nice to someone you don't know, at the till in the shop or anything like that, more often than not you'll get a smile and a friendly word back, it then increases u til you see most poeple are nice really

Sheffield

"Smile and say something nice to someone you don't know, at the till in the shop or anything like that, more often than not you'll get a smile and a friendly word back, it then increases u til you see most poeple are nice really"

By *iolet2000Woman  over a year ago

Ormskirk

"Recently discovered as i'm aging i'm becoming more pessimistic what with all the negative articles in the news and social media - so anyone what's your top tips and ideas (non sexual)to get back on track with a positive way of thinking/believing?"

I stopped watching / listening/ reading news.

From then on ditching the tv with all its dross was an easy step.

Result.less stress. better mental health all round

I haven't picked up a paper, watched a news or current affairs program, or listened to a news channel for years. I don't believe these outlets are capable of telling the truth so no point engaging them.

I'm a very happy person living in ignorance. Whatever happens, will happen.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I own everything about me, my happiness, my good times and bad. If I have anything bad start to influence me, I walk away as much as I can.

I don't interact with constant moaners and I cut as much negativity out of my life.

I live a very fortunate life and I never lose sight of that, but I have worked very hard for what I have.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Be grateful for even little things in life ,there is usually something to be thankful for each day.

Miss

It's fine to have a pessimistic _iew of the world as long as you have a optimistic _iew of your life (because you actually have control over that).

I'm feeling a bit down today so I'm Cheering myself up with some tunes. Gunna do some cleaning too as I fine when my flat is in order I feel more relaxed n happy. Xxx

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"I own everything about me, my happiness, my good times and bad. If I have anything bad start to influence me, I walk away as much as I can.

I don't interact with constant moaners and I cut as much negativity out of my life.

I live a very fortunate life and I never lose sight of that, but I have worked very hard for what I have."

View you are a very wiseman really enjoy your posts

Mizs

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I own everything about me, my happiness, my good times and bad. If I have anything bad start to influence me, I walk away as much as I can.

I live a very fortunate life and I never lose sight of that, but I have worked very hard for what I have.

View you are a very wiseman really enjoy your posts

Mizs"

Thank you very much

"I almost fell into that trap. I came off a bad break up with my ex then I came to fab and saw the women be pretty horrible to the men. It almost made me start to hate women, but you can't do that.

Just try to keep your head up and remember that it all passes away eventually. There will be good times again. One day."

That hating women line sounds like the makings of a serial killer

You don't set fire to cats, do You?

"I almost fell into that trap. I came off a bad break up with my ex then I came to fab and saw the women be pretty horrible to the men. It almost made me start to hate women, but you can't do that.

Just try to keep your head up and remember that it all passes away eventually. There will be good times again. One day.

That hating women line sounds like the makings of a serial killer

You don't set fire to cats, do You? "

No. I have a ragdoll cat. And have women never let their negative experiences with men stain their veiw on the opposite sex? Not one?

It passed. Mostly.

By *ouple4biMMFCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

My positive attitude is lacking today,it will be back though at some stage. Clearly there's still a bit there!

"My positive attitude is lacking today,it will be back though at some stage. Clearly there's still a bit there!"

I was going to that this thread and yours are linked.

I don't go on Facebook, i stay away from Twitter and i try not to watch the news, preferring to catch any news on the radio instead as it is condensed and not so sensationalised.

I'll never be a happy go lucky jolly type, as that is just not me and i'm not hardwired that way.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I don't go on Facebook, i stay away from Twitter and i try not to watch the news, preferring to catch any news on the radio instead as it is condensed and not so sensationalised.

"

I do the same. it's good advice.

"It's fine to have a pessimistic _iew of the world as long as you have a optimistic _iew of your life (because you actually have control over that)."

I like this

By *ouple4biMMFCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"My positive attitude is lacking today,it will be back though at some stage. Clearly there's still a bit there!

I was going to that this thread and yours are linked. "

I'm just having a bit of a down day that's all (hopefully),tomorrow the sunshine will enter my life and I won't be questioning 'what it's all about'.

Walk a Pooch , breathe and just enjoy life its rather splendid

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Keep your pecker up, this time next year we'll all be millyonairs

"It's fine to have a pessimistic _iew of the world as long as you have a optimistic _iew of your life (because you actually have control over that)."

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Most of what happens in the news and stuff doesn't directly affect me (although I'm aware that at some point it could) and I don't stress about what I can't change. Hakuna matata.

» Add a new message to this topic