FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just a thought

Just a thought

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iffraff OP   Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

I've often wondered why a large number of couples and single females join and leave within the day, I always thought they were either never serious or just time wasters.

But recently, I've known two lady friends who joined who just could not deal with the amount of mail and aggression from men so left very quickly..

Now I realise that there are filters etc but newbies take a while finding their way around but they are often frightened off before they have chance.

Would it be a good idea if they had say 24 hours to have a look in peace before their inboxes are rammed with mail ??

Discuss .....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tbh when you join now there is a ticklist to help that shows you how to put filters on etc to help improve your experience so if people are ignoring that there isn't much hope for them

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

It might work better in the opposite way.

New accounts start with everything locked down.

The the new user can open up bit by bit...

Gloucester

Yes Scarlett your right. I just think when people first join they are 'keen' to get browsing so often overlook it.

I think a Lot more would stay on here if given a chance to settle

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

When i first joined the site i found it overwhelming and very nearly deleted my account straight away. I got several hundred messages in a few minutes from those who prey on newbies.

I ignored the site for about a week. When i came back on i deleted everything i had received, filled in my profile and put some pics on and had a proper look round.

So many men complain about the ratios of men to women and couples. The behaviour of some men towards newbies is predatory and does scare us away which exacerbates this.

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"When i first joined the site i found it overwhelming and very nearly deleted my account straight away. I got several hundred messages in a few minutes from those who prey on newbies.

I ignored the site for about a week. When i came back on i deleted everything i had received, filled in my profile and put some pics on and had a proper look round.

So many men complain about the ratios of men to women and couples. The behaviour of some men towards newbies is predatory and does scare us away which exacerbates this."

agree with all that.

fab wasn't that first site i joined for sex but i deleted my account on the first one as it was overwhelming. 17 pages of messages straight away was stupid, and that site didn't have filters like here.

By *aroleBaskinWoman  over a year ago

somewhere down the rabbit hole, Aberdeen

"When i first joined the site i found it overwhelming and very nearly deleted my account straight away. I got several hundred messages in a few minutes from those who prey on newbies.

So many men complain about the ratios of men to women and couples. The behaviour of some men towards newbies is predatory and does scare us away which exacerbates this."

Same here . After 2 days I hid my profile and didn't log in for over a fortnight. When I did come back I went straight to filters and took a deep breath, started looking at forum threads and FAQs before I unhid myself again. It's a much better experience now.

Gloucester

So the previous ladies have confirmed that it can be overwhelming and scary. My two friends would have been great additions before they were scared off so are there improvements that can be made ?

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

they need to put filters on as soon as they join really. maybe take a break from the site until their newbie status has gone if it's still that bad, shouldn't be if they block all men.

i had like a 4 yr age range and still got loads of messages but my profile seems relatively new at 7 or 8 weeks or whatever it is now.

An improvement would be for newbie accounts to have full message blocks on as default setting. Then they can choose which to remove once they've had their nosey around.

I know someone who got over 500 messages the day she joined.

That's just a tad overwhelming if you have no idea what to expect.

Probably not the right place for them.

When I first joined I left after 4 days ..didn't know about the filters then

Rejoined and filters are on ...and think I went into stealth mode for a nosey secretly

Forgot about that

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Simples, I spent 2 weeks with an even more unattractive profile than I have now. I was virtually left alone to navigate the site in peace and pick up tips from other users. I then altered my profile keeping it as low key as poss when I was ready for the onslaught. A little knowledge of how these sites are before joining is paramount

"It might work better in the opposite way.

New accounts start with everything locked down.

The the new user can open up bit by bit..."

That's a good idea......

think you need to be forewarned so that you can block and delete but if you just came out of your own curiosty and no mate had told you about it - i can see how its overwhelming - i think most join and leave are scared to get caught on here

» Add a new message to this topic