FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How delightful!

How delightful!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincess peach OP   Woman  over a year ago

shits creek

So, I was waitressing today at work. Had a table walk in of 7 ladies and 2 babies. Had to do a bit of table rearranging to accommodate them, but I did... I'm nice like that. I was on top form in the service department, faultless in fact. Everything was spot on from start to finish including the food (I can't take the credit for that though)

They really couldn't thank me enough bless them. A few of the ladies paid by card, the rest paid cash, and left it on the table for me. Now, I was a bit gutted at the sheer volume of mess they'd left behind. There really is no need. But what annoyed me even more was the fact they had short changed the bill! Only by £3.37, but that meant I had to pay it.

All I could think after I'd bent over backwards for them was.... how delightful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

How annoying for you.

Keep being delightful yourself though.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

That's bang out of order that you have to pay the difference.

I wouldn't dream of leaving a mess and I always tip.

Big hugs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So, I was waitressing today at work. Had a table walk in of 7 ladies and 2 babies. Had to do a bit of table rearranging to accommodate them, but I did... I'm nice like that. I was on top form in the service department, faultless in fact. Everything was spot on from start to finish including the food (I can't take the credit for that though)

They really couldn't thank me enough bless them. A few of the ladies paid by card, the rest paid cash, and left it on the table for me. Now, I was a bit gutted at the sheer volume of mess they'd left behind. There really is no need. But what annoyed me even more was the fact they had short changed the bill! Only by £3.37, but that meant I had to pay it.

All I could think after I'd bent over backwards for them was.... how delightful "

Sweet dinner at yours tomorrow lol

bitches!!

I thought you were going to say they'd left you a bloody huge tip!

So rubbish, as if you'd not leave a tip when there's a full table!

I'm actually angry for you, OP. That's so crappy.

shits creek

I keep telling myself they're just shit at maths and it was unintentional, still massively frustrating though.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

That's really crap. No tip is cool but not paying the full amount is twuntish.

At work we have a system so the staff can charge the card used if there's an underpayment. I'm guessing you can't do that.

What mess did they leave ?

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

That's so crap but I'd console myself that I was a better person than they or that at least my maths was a lot better!!

S

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Bastards! Them and your boss for mmaking you pay the difference. Makes you not want to give such great service ey? Tomorrow is a new day x

"So, I was waitressing today at work. Had a table walk in of 7 ladies and 2 babies. Had to do a bit of table rearranging to accommodate them, but I did... I'm nice like that. I was on top form in the service department, faultless in fact. Everything was spot on from start to finish including the food (I can't take the credit for that though)

All I could think after I'd bent over backwards for them was.... how delightful "

I hate people that do that.

I used to be a waiter. Now I work in finance, and often organise our Christmas party.

There is always one person that tries to screw everyone else and skip the tip.

It's not an attractive trait. And very, very mean.

shits creek

"That's really crap. No tip is cool but not paying the full amount is twuntish.

At work we have a system so the staff can charge the card used if there's an underpayment. I'm guessing you can't do that. "

Unfortunately not. I may suggest it's something we look into though. But then I guess it's their word against ours, they could argue that they left the correct amount in cash then accuse you of theft. I'd rather just pay the difference than get into that kind of drama.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Yep, joe public are cunts basically.

That's bad patter,even worse though is that your employer expects you to make up the difference from your own pocket?!

Fuck that for a laugh!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I doubt it was intentional as it was such a small amount although I think it unfair you have to make up the difference.

shits creek

"What mess did they leave ?"

Kids food packaging (that they'd brought themselves, yogurt pots etc) wrapping paper, opened envelopes, food all over the floor and table (not just a little, literally like they'd just let the kids tip food over it) and the bill hahahaa

Sigh.

Aw

Thats shitty!

I've been a waitress and I know how exhausting it is!

And your company / boss is harsh making you pay for their mistake!

Hugs x

When those sort of things happen to me I console myself with the fact that those types of people are obviously going to fucking hell !

Smile

Keep being excellent at your stuff and you shall be rewarded .

shits creek

"Bastards! Them and your boss for mmaking you pay the difference. Makes you not want to give such great service ey? Tomorrow is a new day x"

It is, and I shall continue to float around sprinkling happy dust.... unless someone whistles or finger clicks at me or any of the others - that sets me off like a woman possessed

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I loved working in the restaurant when I did, but when there was a shit table, they were usually really shit.

I don't see why you had to make up the bill though.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Normley im in the kitchen making the good food lol

But I've dun silver survive befor so I no how you fill op.

It's verry annoying.

Sum times the kids make less mess that the aldouts

shits creek

"I thought you were going to say they'd left you a bloody huge tip!

So rubbish, as if you'd not leave a tip when there's a full table! "

Don't get me wrong tips are awesome if you get them (I only waitress once a week so don't get much opportunity to make them) but the bit that makes me enjoy it so much is when you see families enjoying themselves, couples connecting. I love doing things they don't expect, adding personal touches. I just find comfort knowing I've had a positive impact on someones day.

"I thought you were going to say they'd left you a bloody huge tip!"

Exactly what I thought!

That sucks OP, but as others have said; keep being wonderful and don't let a few people get you down.

Apart from short paying don't see any other problem here! Isn't one of the reasons people go out for a meal is so they don't have to clean up afterwards?

I was rooting for a big tip too. I think the 'c' word is reserved for them!

shits creek

Thanks guys.. ... And nobody told me off for ranting on a day that wasn't Thursday

Forgive my stupidity but why would you have to pay the difference?..

You are a team producing and serving that meal and beverages, why should You take the hit?

shits creek

"Forgive my stupidity but why would you have to pay the difference?..

You are a team producing and serving that meal and beverages, why should You take the hit?"

Because I was looking after the table. I should have checked the money was correct before they left the building. Instead I'd picked it up and took it to the till whilst waving them out the door.

"Forgive my stupidity but why would you have to pay the difference?..

You are a team producing and serving that meal and beverages, why should You take the hit?

Because I was looking after the table. I should have checked the money was correct before they left the building. Instead I'd picked it up and took it to the till whilst waving them out the door."

I still don't see it as you being individually responsible.

Should trace them through the partial card payments and demand payment imo

"Apart from short paying don't see any other problem here! Isn't one of the reasons people go out for a meal is so they don't have to clean up afterwards? "

not the crap theyve brought with them! my friend runs a place near me and the worst are groups of very middle class mummies,leave untold food,drinks and other crap theyve brought in with them ,never, ever tip, and on several occasions,left dirty nappies under chairs! some people have no manners!

shits creek

"Apart from short paying don't see any other problem here! Isn't one of the reasons people go out for a meal is so they don't have to clean up afterwards?

not the crap theyve brought with them! my friend runs a place near me and the worst are groups of very middle class mummies,leave untold food,drinks and other crap theyve brought in with them ,never, ever tip, and on several occasions,left dirty nappies under chairs! some people have no manners!"

Oh yes....seen this many times. Change the kids nappies at the table when the baby change is just feet away. And half the time they don't even put it in a nappy bag.

"Apart from short paying don't see any other problem here! Isn't one of the reasons people go out for a meal is so they don't have to clean up afterwards?

not the crap theyve brought with them! my friend runs a place near me and the worst are groups of very middle class mummies,leave untold food,drinks and other crap theyve brought in with them ,never, ever tip, and on several occasions,left dirty nappies under chairs! some people have no manners!

Oh yes....seen this many times. Change the kids nappies at the table when the baby change is just feet away. And half the time they don't even put it in a nappy bag."

gross! weird world of entitlement some women seem to enter soon as they've got a screaming baby attached to them! as if no one else is important suddenly! hope you have a nicer shift next time!

» Add a new message to this topic