Joshua v klitschko

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Luckily got a ticket for tomorrow.

Who else is going?

What's your predictions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've no idea but I know I'll be watching as Joshua is sooooo gorgeous...

Didn't get tickets (not for lack of trying).

Refuse to stump up money to Sky to watch so we'll listen to radio commentary.

Prediction? I know everyone is bigging up AJ, and assuming that he's just gonna flatten big Wlad'. I'm not so sure it's gonna be as simple as all that. Wladimir looks as focused as I've seen for a while, looks in good nick, and although I feel Joshua will have too much in the end...I see him having problems during the bout.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Didn't get tickets (not for lack of trying).

"

Lots of pubs and social clubs showing it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the fight goes either way. It's mainly down to how much Klitchko has left at his age and the wear and tear on his body or how Joshua copes with being taken into the later rounds at world level plus just how well he can hold a punch from a big hitter.

My own prediction is Joshua wins by stoppage between rounds 7-9 as age catches up with Klitchko.

By *isandhers2017Couple  over a year ago

west midlands

Klitchko to win

Round 8-9-10-11-12

Betting Odds are pretty good as well

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I haven't watched too much boxing in recent years but going by Klitschko's age alone Joshua will have the upper hand. Undefeated for 40 fights or not (I think?), Joshua is in his prime, a powerhouse half his age. If Klitschko puts him down he should retire happy.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Didn't get tickets (not for lack of trying).

Prediction? I know everyone is bigging up AJ, and assuming that he's just gonna flatten big Wlad'. I'm not so sure it's gonna be as simple as all that. Wladimir looks as focused as I've seen for a while, looks in good nick, and although I feel Joshua will have too much in the end...I see him having problems during the bout. "

Totally agree.

By *.Watford-AmericanMan  over a year ago

St Albans / Bournemouth

I luckily got a ticket and have got a accumulator on joshua 7-9 and scott quigg and luke campbell to win by ko at 14-1

Honestly not sure how I see this one going. Heart says AJ, head says that Klits has too much experience and know how to get caught with the big shot

Very difficult fight to call. Styles make fights and AJ's style will suit VK a lot better than Tyson fury's style did.

At 41 years old I question VK fitness in later rounds but then again AJ hasn't gone past 7 sounds himself and has never fought anyone near VK ability or experience.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. We could see AJ's first points decision or a spectacular knockout from either man.

So...

Vladimir has been around a long long time he's fought literally every style...including robotic types with great punch power. So in my opinion this is actually nothing new for him.

He's intelligent he's a lot of ring craft and this isn't a fight I expect him to be emotionally invested in / wound up like he was for Fury. I think it will a lot more composed performance and I think over 12 he will win.

However... Joshua has power. To me its a very legible and methodical power. By that I mean you can read him, you can him positionally manoeuvring to throw. That said one will get through and that has the potential to damage.

Effectively the longer the fight goes on the more readable AJ gets.The greater WK chances are.

I like AJ but beyond physique and a big punch I don't think he has anything like the abilities of WK (seen both as Olympic fighters too - for me AJ was lucky against the Italian in the final). Whilst ability going to come with time and he doesn't do many rounds cos of his power...

I'll say....

Rounds 1-6 AJ needs to finish. If it goes beyond he will be beaten by tie ups leans and worn down to a points loss.

So excited... not so excited about the drive down and back

Klitchko on points . It's without question Joshua's biggest test I think this will be good for Joshua though and he will go on to dominate the heavy weight division for years to come and I believe klitchko will help him

By *on and TammyCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"So...

Vladimir has been around a long long time he's fought literally every style...including robotic types with great punch power. So in my opinion this is actually nothing new for him.

He's intelligent he's a lot of ring craft and this isn't a fight I expect him to be emotionally invested in / wound up like he was for Fury. I think it will a lot more composed performance and I think over 12 he will win.

However... Joshua has power. To me its a very legible and methodical power. By that I mean you can read him, you can him positionally manoeuvring to throw. That said one will get through and that has the potential to damage.

Effectively the longer the fight goes on the more readable AJ gets.The greater WK chances are.

I like AJ but beyond physique and a big punch I don't think he has anything like the abilities of WK (seen both as Olympic fighters too - for me AJ was lucky against the Italian in the final). Whilst ability going to come with time and he doesn't do many rounds cos of his power...

I'll say....

Rounds 1-6 AJ needs to finish. If it goes beyond he will be beaten by tie ups leans and worn down to a points loss.

So excited... not so excited about the drive down and back

"

good post, kind of how I'm looking at it. I just think age and inactivity have caught up with wlad and he's too gun shy. Not really buying what a lot of people think about the fury fight being an off-night either, I just think he's done. If wlad CAN however drag one more big performance out I think AJ is in trouble.

I'll go AJ in the 5th though.

Mr

"Very difficult fight to call. Styles make fights and AJ's style will suit VK a lot better than Tyson fury's style did.

At 41 years old I question VK fitness in later rounds but then again AJ hasn't gone past 7 sounds himself and has never fought anyone near VK ability or experience.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. We could see AJ's first points decision or a spectacular knockout from either man.

"

No idea why put VK

"Very difficult fight to call. Styles make fights and AJ's style will suit VK a lot better than Tyson fury's style did.

No idea why put VK "

Getting mixed up with his brother maybe

Seriously can't wait for this fight.

I've got Joshua to win by disqualification in rounds 6-9 as I think this is when vlad will get tired and start using his famous jab and hug technique.

The ref tonight is highly against that move and deducted many points off boxers for it

I predict smug satisfaction will ensure from contenders when they pick up their pay check for the evening.....

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Luckily got a ticket for tomorrow.

Who else is going?

What's your predictions? "

Think its too hard to call..does anybody know any good sites to watch this on?

rather than paying 20 quid on box office

My mum and dad and their friends have been there since Thursday.

If it goes past 5 rounds VK will win because AJ will start gassing.

He's carrying too much weight to last the distance.

AJ basically has to KO VK inside 4 rounds and I can't see that happening, VK will know that's his game plan and won't let himself walk into AJ's fist.

VK to win for me.

"I've got Joshua to win by disqualification in rounds 6-9 as I think this is when vlad will get tired and start using his famous jab and hug technique.

"

lol what you on about?....

VK is a distance fighter, everybody knows this. lol.

You've got that the wrong way round.

Heart wants Joshua... but I have money on Klitschko in Rounds 7-12.

I think his experince will show though. Joshua has only fought 44 rounds and has never been in with someone of Klitschko quality.

Kind of sucks as Ive never liked the Klitschkos, both were too robotic for my liking!

l'd prefer to see Povetkin vs Joshua. Joshua had some problems with shorter, stockier heavyweights during the amateurs.

If it goes past 5 rounds I think Klitschkos experience will be a factor.

AJ's record is out standing, but there's no real names on it.

Dillian Whyte gave him problems and he got taken the full 12 by Chisora!

By *on and TammyCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I've got Joshua to win by disqualification in rounds 6-9 as I think this is when vlad will get tired and start using his famous jab and hug technique.

The ref tonight is highly against that move and deducted many points off boxers for it"

That something interesting I hadn't considered. Wlad's hug, push down, then lean on opponent technique is totally illegal but he's always gotten away with it fighting in his 'home' country. Not sure he'll get disqualified but it could definitely affect his performance if the ref is on the ball. I suspect AJ is too big and strong for him to do that to, it's only smaller guys trying to get on his chest to get their shots off he does it to. AJ will be able to hit him from mid and long range so won't give wlad as many opportunities to lean on him.

The ref tonight is highly against that move and deducted many points off boxers for it

That something interesting I hadn't considered. Wlad's hug, push down, then lean on opponent technique is totally illegal but he's always gotten away with it fighting in his 'home' country. Not sure he'll get disqualified but it could definitely affect his performance if the ref is on the ball. I suspect AJ is too big and strong for him to do that to, it's only smaller guys trying to get on his chest to get their shots off he does it to. AJ will be able to hit him from mid and long range so won't give wlad as many opportunities to lean on him."

Exactly, apparently he's already been warned against using it because the ref is so highly against it and isn't one to let it slide

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Hard one to predict especially as Klitschko hasn't fought in 16 months and Joshua is relatively untested.

Going to go on a limb and say Klitschko wins in the 10th... Am not going to bookies with that though

By *ackdaniels2016Man  over a year ago

Yarm

Totally on the fence with this one !!

If I had to put money on anything I would go AJ within 5 rounds, stick to the game plan that works for him.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

joshua early or klitscho late.......

By *uddlytoy123Man  over a year ago

Preesall

Joshua in the 10th but it is a hard one to call, longer it goes on the more it will suit Klitschko - would have been a better & more interesting fight if Wlad was 5 years younger

"Hard one to predict especially as Klitschko hasn't fought in 16 months and Joshua is relatively untested.

Going to go on a limb and say Klitschko wins in the 10th... Am not going to bookies with that though "

The 1.5 years out is mitigated by the fact he has had 3 training camps preparing for fights in that period. So he's effectively honed himself read for it.

Look at it another way... AJ has never fought a competent jabber with WK intelligence.

Power is the leveller. He catches him he goes down.

My call is as my initial post.

Waste of money as AJ will destroy Klitchy

By *arrasicMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Waste of money as AJ will destroy Klitchy"

I agree if the way he boxed last time out against fury he not gonna improve so won't bother wasting my money

joshua for the win

then he can have my wife and bring her back when she done

she fucking loves him

What time does the fight actually start?

"What time does the fight actually start?"

10pm approx

Great fight. Well done AJ!

What a fight! Outstanding heavyweight bout

Been listening on five live great fight x

Klit lost but who's going home to shag hayden panetierre regardless... that man won way more than a boxing match

That's what you call an out n out heavyweight bout!

Man like aj #shutup

"Klit lost but who's going home to shag hayden panetierre regardless... that man won way more than a boxing match "

She'll soothe his aching old bones

I rest my case

"Klit lost but who's going home to shag hayden panetierre regardless... that man won way more than a boxing match

She'll soothe his aching old bones "

She can sooth my bones too if she wants lol

"Klit lost but who's going home to shag hayden panetierre regardless... that man won way more than a boxing match

She'll soothe his aching old bones

She can sooth my bones too if she wants lol"

She is pretty hot

The hotter man won

I never knew I had so many boxing experts on my Facebook

Get in Joshua

Joshua all the way get in!!!!

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

Terrible first few rounds but from the fifth turned into a decent fight, fair play to Joshua for coming back when he looked fucked but his lack of experience was there for all to see. This fight could be the making of him as he now knows he has lots of faults but if he sticks with Robert McCracken he may be able to sort those out.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Good fight in the end

now we get to suffer the constant updates from Facebook boxing experts as to how Joshua knocked him out.

Oh dear oh dear

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"now we get to suffer the constant updates from Facebook boxing experts as to how Joshua knocked him out.

Oh dear oh dear"

With punches....

Use that on your fb lol

"Klit lost but who's going home to shag hayden panetierre regardless... that man won way more than a boxing match "

God, that woman.

I wouldn't give a fuck if I lost, earning £10m in the process, then getting home to nail Hayden Panetierre.

"now we get to suffer the constant updates from Facebook boxing experts as to how Joshua knocked him out.

Oh dear oh dear

With punches....

Use that on your fb lol"

He didn't knock him out...but I get what you mean ha

How many of you predicting and commentating are actual fighters here?

"I never knew I had so many boxing experts on my Facebook "

Exactly, all of which would never ever have the minerals to get in the ring or cage with anyone under any circumstances!

Iv fought many times at thai boxing,it takes guts to get in the ring

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

I can never watch boxing.

It looks awfully painful.

newcastle

"How many of you predicting and commentating are actual fighters here?"
Haven't boxed in years as I am now older than Klitscho but I very much doubt if I would be able to last a round now, I only fought as an amateur these pros have unbelievable strength and stamina.

By *arrasicMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Amazing he never threw a punch aganst fury tonight he threw everything

newcastle

"Amazing he never threw a punch aganst fury tonight he threw everything "
he never got to throw a punch against Fury because he was never in range. The furys had a a game plan and executed it superbly. Tyson Furys footwork is brilliant for a big man and never once was Klitscho near enough to unload the right hand.

"How many of you predicting and commentating are actual fighters here?"

Fs...seriously? Only allowed an opinion if you're a fighter?

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"Amazing he never threw a punch aganst fury tonight he threw everything he never got to throw a punch against Fury because he was never in range. The furys had a a game plan and executed it superbly. Tyson Furys footwork is brilliant for a big man and never once was Klitscho near enough to unload the right hand."
bit like same game plan vk tryed tonight then taking the fight to aj so couldnt get many right handers in

he didnt take it serious against tyson fury complacency is the word. but against Joshua he wanted it. so trained properly and was soooo close

Congratulations to AJ , he needed this fight to happen as it was a challenge.

The fact that he got knocked down and was still able to recover shows he is a true champion.

I look forward to what he has to bring in the future.

I believe he just needs to work on his defence more and get his head moving as he got checked with that elusive straight right a few times.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

He needed the big punches, was down on all 3 cards , fair play to come through though.

As for Tyson Fury , better fighter than people give him credit for , bet he is gutted at being a total spaz who cant keep his gob shut .

Still £5 million for the klitschko fight buys a lot of kfc & doughnuts .

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"How many of you predicting and commentating are actual fighters here?

Fs...seriously? Only allowed an opinion if you're a fighter?

"

Exactly

I like watching all kinds of sport, be it football, motor racing, or skiing, doesn't mean to say I'm any good at it though

Was an awesome fight btw

I really thought AJ was finished in the 6th. Well done to him for getting through that. A great night for the sport.

Also nice to have a positive ambassador for boxing. I shows the gulf in class between men like him and the half witted trash talking gobshites like Haye and Fury.

"I really thought AJ was finished in the 6th. Well done to him for getting through that. A great night for the sport.

Also nice to have a positive ambassador for boxing. I shows the gulf in class between men like him and the half witted trash talking gobshites like Haye and Fury. "

Ditto in every sense

"Amazing he never threw a punch aganst fury tonight he threw everything "

Styles make fights, I said this before the fight happened further up in the post. Anyone that knows anything about boxing new it would be a completely different fight.

Well done to both men they bohemian did themselves proud.

Both...... strange phone

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Both...... strange phone "

You win the internet with that one!

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I never knew I had so many boxing experts on my Facebook

Exactly, all of which would never ever have the minerals to get in the ring or cage with anyone under any circumstances!"

Have you been watching lock stock or snatch again??

» Add a new message to this topic