FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Marine A

Marine A

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank goodness he is out of prison

The person who released the film deserves a kicking

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So it's ok to shoot dead an unarmed dying guy but it's the guy who filmed it's fault?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thank goodness he is out of prison

The person who released the film deserves a kicking"

Welcome to Friday's attitude that makes me feel sick (to clarify, I'm referencing the second comment of the OP). Sighs.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"So it's ok to shoot dead an unarmed dying guy but it's the guy who filmed it's fault?"

It appears so...Funny world we live in.

That's a little bit of a brainless statement to make....no it's not just a little bit brainless, it's all the way brainless.

*popcorn time*

really?

That's a little bit of a brainless statement to make....no it's not just a little bit brainless, it's all the way brainless. "

I believe the terrorist he shot was dying from bullet hits from a helicopter which he could have never recovered from. I don't condone murder but can it be called murder if the person can't be saved?

It wasn't murder it was classed as manslaughter. Something Marine A acknowledged .weather the guy would have survived or not is not the issue .

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It wasn't murder it was classed as manslaughter. Something Marine A acknowledged .weather the guy would have survived or not is not the issue . "

I think the issue on this thread is the suggestion that whoever released the film deserves punishment.

By *uziebabyWoman  over a year ago

Worcester

Sad times the whole thing would have better been kept out of the press which has sensationalised it.

Polite respectful Lady .with a propensity for mindless violence

I find it interesting to think that those who are tubthumping the celebratory drums, would probably call for the head of an enemy fighter who had done the same thing to one of our soldiers.

What separates our soldiers from theirs is the way they go about eradicating the enemy. He went about in the way an enemy would have done. He's acknowledged this and has paid his price.

And before the 'you've never been in a war zone and have no right to comment' brigade start to pipe up. As a British citizen, those soldiers are meant to be not only defending British interests, but are also representing the British people so civilians have every right to comment and judge.

That's a little bit of a brainless statement to make....no it's not just a little bit brainless, it's all the way brainless.

I believe the terrorist he shot was dying from bullet hits from a helicopter which he could have never recovered from. I don't condone murder but can it be called murder if the person can't be saved?"

I think insurgent is probably more accurate than terrorist.

He was alive at the time...before that marine A shot him in the back. In my eyes that's murder.

But we're all going to have divided opinion on this matter

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

To me it's not really as cut and dried as appears.

On the one side you have an act of killing a wounded man in need of medical attention.

On the other you have the fact that that man had just been trying to kill you and your colleagues not dressed in uniform, whilst your fighting a war in a country where they use kids to fight. And if the shoe was on the other foot, what compassion would Marine A have got?

These are the same people that are currently waging a terrorist war across the globe don't forget.

I'm not condoning what he did, but I think I understand the reasoning

"To me it's not really as cut and dried as appears.

On the one side you have an act of killing a wounded man in need of medical attention.

On the other you have the fact that that man had just been trying to kill you and your colleagues not dressed in uniform, whilst your fighting a war in a country where they use kids to fight. And if the shoe was on the other foot, what compassion would Marine A have got?

These are the same people that are currently waging a terrorist war across the globe don't forget.

I'm not condoning what he did, but I think I understand the reasoning"

Which has nothing to do with the OP.

To reply to the OP- he has served his sentence, yes.

As for the second sentence referencing the whistleblower- no. He doesn't deserve a kicking. And frankly anyone who thinks like that must be tapped.

Good he is released finally . Hopefully he can work on getting reinstated into service , Though unlikely.

Still he will make a a shit load of money now selling his story / book etc : interviews over the next year or two to compensate for his ejection from military .

Milk the cow well as in 18months no one will remember his name .

I'm keeping schtum on this subject

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

His teammate filmed it,it was found on his computer when police searched his house on an unrelated matter

I think I'll just ignore this one ,,,,,

Right or wrong I take my hat off to all our armed forces, we may be needing them very soon with the way the world is going.

I'm certainly never going to slate someone fighting for us regardless.

War is a confusing thing when it comes to what you would do.

The victim had already been injured. Marine A may have seen it as an act of compassion to put the guy out of his misery.

But looking at it from another point of view using saving private Ryan as an example (yes it's a movie but it's baser on true events) in the film they help a German soldier, who later on returns and tries to kill them all. Their act of compassion got them no where. What's to say this insurgent couldnt have recovered and ended up killing more of our soldiers?

The lines of morality are definetly blurred when it comes to war zones. Some times its simoky down to kill or be killed

I understood that the footage came to light when some marines laptop was seized about something unrelated.

At least they weren't blowing away civilians and taking fingers like the US army lads who got done a few years back.

Justice have been done and he deserves a medal

"Justice have been done and he deserves a medal "

He's already highly decorated.

"Justice have been done and he deserves a medal

He's already highly decorated. "

Yes he is and is doing a good job too.

He's already highly decorated. Yes he is and is doing a good job too."

Playing devil's advocate, would you fully understand an insurgent shooting Nato troops laying injured on the floor and say hey, that's war?

It is war yes. But we're still bound by law. Especially when you video it and keep the footage!!!

He's already highly decorated. Yes he is and is doing a good job too.

Playing devil's advocate, would you fully understand an insurgent shooting Nato troops laying injured on the floor and say hey, that's war?

It is war yes. But we're still bound by law. Especially when you video it and keep the footage!!!"

I've heard of worse.

As I've said before, if you can honestly say you would never lose your temper in his situation criticise away.

Like not lose your temper with ptsd survivors guilt and just having bagged a few people you were responsible for.

"To me it's not really as cut and dried as appears.

I'm not condoning what he did, but I think I understand the reasoning"

Isn't that why we refer to them as terrorists...and to ourselves as civilised. You cannot defend civilisation unless you practice it!

What he did was wrong. It was clearly done in full knowledge of how wrong it was. From his statement that he knew and stated he had broken the Geneva Convention. The judgement was changed from murder to manslaughter. For which he has now served his sentence.

You may judge that as you wish...but to say the person who released the film "deserves a kicking" is ludicrous.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not only is your 2nd point totally stupid, it's also totally inaccurate..

Well done..

[Removed by poster at 28/04/17 22:29:32]

He's already highly decorated. Yes he is and is doing a good job too.

It is war yes. But we're still bound by law. Especially when you video it and keep the footage!!!

I've heard of worse.

As I've said before, if you can honestly say you would never lose your temper in his situation criticise away.

Like not lose your temper with ptsd survivors guilt and just having bagged a few people you were responsible for.

"

Yes and before he get judged, they have to understand what happens in places like that is to have been there and walk a mile in his shoes. Battle is terrible, mistakes is done, but that is war, if it was the other way around the isis got one of them and did the same, then suddenly the law wouldnt be there.

Apparently they are now talking of making a film of it.!

A two minute incident...of which no-one can be proud and the sickos in Hollywood are thinking of making money off the back of it.

Apart from being in the worse possible tast....it would rank as the most boring film ever. Stretch a two minute event into a feature length film?

One here who wouldn't be going to watch.

"Apparently they are now talking of making a film of it.!

A two minute incident...of which no-one can be proud and the sickos in Hollywood are thinking of making money off the back of it.

Apart from being in the worse possible tast....it would rank as the most boring film ever. Stretch a two minute event into a feature length film?

One here who wouldn't be going to watch."

Yeah coz he hadn't done loads of deployments and had an estimated 30 kills to his name already. He was and may be again a professional soldier.

no material for a movie there.

By *omez42Man  over a year ago

gloucester

He has been convicted of manslaughter. He is no longer in the services and will not be reinstated.

Too much fantasy in a lot of minds.

I love our forces. I really do. I served for years but we have rules. The guy he shot was no threat at the time he was shot. Soldiers need to follow our rules of engagement or the discipline will decline. We have the best most professional forces in the world. Let's keep it that way.

» Add a new message to this topic