FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Benefits

Benefits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There seems quite a few people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits I'm not talking about the people who deserve to be on them for them it is fine just the lazy good for nothing scroungers who don't want a job and just sit at home smoking and drinking and send msgs asking to meet up on a Tuesday at 11 am. Go get a job you lazy fuckers.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a time to be alive

You can't assume everyone who wants to meet at 11am on a Tuesday is on benefits.

By *ild-1Woman  over a year ago

york

"You can't assume everyone who wants to meet at 11am on a Tuesday is on benefits.

"

Maybe 11am is when they have their morning break

"What a time to be alive "

Haha!

There is such a thing as a shift worker

That's an interesting conclusion you've jumped to, how about part timers, shift workers etc? And how do you know they're sat there drinking and smoking?

fab forums. the birthplace of the most random conversations..... please don't ever change

By *andVBCouple  over a year ago

Wrexham

"You can't assume everyone who wants to meet at 11am on a Tuesday is on benefits."

Pfft, next you'll be disallowing all gross generalisations and sweeping statements.

"You can't assume everyone who wants to meet at 11am on a Tuesday is on benefits.

"

I may not have written this very well I don't mean any one that can meet in the day I assume is on benifits I have days off sometimes. I'm just ranting because iv had several chats recently where they have told me they don't want to work why should they so on and so on and I find it very anoying when the majority of the country is working hard trying to stay afloat while paying crazy taxes to keep these people in benefits

"fab forums. the birthplace of the most random conversations..... please don't ever change"

By *ondon-guy68Man  over a year ago

London

Shift work

On holiday

Retired

Work from home

Self employed

Don't need to work or take benefits

None of my business...

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Getting the coffee and cake for this one.

Why make stupid assumptions about other people based on their availability time online or how they use this site?

Some folk work part-time. I can meet on a Wednesday and Thursday at 11am if anyone's interested?

Fine! Be like that OP! That's you off of my 11am coffee meet list!

"Fine! Be like that OP! That's you off of my 11am coffee meet list! "

** throws arms up and waves**

[Removed by poster at 30/04/17 14:09:38]

I work all sorts of shifts giving me free time at strange times.

As for the benefits thing? I'm sure there are some lazy people in the world. I'm not sure why you've suddenly concluded that they're in here as opposed to anywhere else?

What's your solution? I doubt relentlessly berating them will make them see things differently though ?

[Removed by poster at 30/04/17 14:07:20]

"Every one is focused on the Tuesday bit these people have told me they are on benefits I'm not presumein anything."

OP I think some people are just having a little fun with you

Tell them.

I may not have written this very well I don't mean any one that can meet in the day I assume is on benifits I have days off sometimes. I'm just ranting because iv had several chats recently where they have told me they don't want to work why should they so on and so on and I find it very anoying when the majority of the country is working hard trying to stay afloat while paying crazy taxes to keep these people in benefits"

You didn't write your OP well at all. It reads as gross generalisation, that you deem to know whether someone should or shouldn't be claiming benefits and it reeks of a jumped up judgemental attitude. On clarifying, you are simply wanting to be dickish about a person or persons that have disclosed to you by private message, that they claim benefits but do not want to have to work. It's against forum rules to discuss PMs. You also still potentially come across as a judgemental tittle tattler.

You've done well today. You've made yourself heaps more attractive, you go dude!

"[Utter despair by poster at 30/04/17 14:07:20]"

"Every one is focused on the Tuesday bit these people have told me they are on benefits I'm not presumein anything."

We are just teasing you need a thick skin here sometimes. Don't take it to heart.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

There are a couple of people who have been open about being on benefits.

"Fine! Be like that OP! That's you off of my 11am coffee meet list!

** throws arms up and waves**"

Hellooooo there my twirly sparkly lady Tink! Fancy a late morning hot beverage on a weekday?

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Theres a thing called truck drivers who meet during the day

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I may not have written this very well I don't mean any one that can meet in the day I assume is on benifits I have days off sometimes. I'm just ranting because iv had several chats recently where they have told me they don't want to work why should they so on and so on and I find it very anoying when the majority of the country is working hard trying to stay afloat while paying crazy taxes to keep these people in benefits"

Tom, Tom, Tom......... Lie here on my couch.

Tell me .... why the anger maaaaaaan ?

Why does it anger you that the people don't want to work maaaaaan ?

King's Crustacean

"There are a couple of people who have been open about being on benefits. "

Is it something to hide ?

By *04davidMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 30/04/17 14:17:57]

Hellooooo there my twirly sparkly lady Tink! Fancy a late morning hot beverage on a weekday? "

Oh my goodness I thought you'd never ask

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

What the fuck have I just read?

I kinda hate people who can work yet choose to take benefits as its now affecting people like me who are unable!

Im having to fight to get my ESA reinstated because a nurse who saw me for all of ten minutes decided i was fit to work.

If i have a good day I can get up and leave the house after a few hours (i have to keep stopping as i get ready to sit and take breaks) but once out all i need is one stumble or someone to go into me and thats it I have to come home.

Other days im in too much pain and cant get out of bed, who in their right minds would employ someone who doesnt know if they are going to be able to get up and make their way to work that day!

I used to have my own business but even that is pretty much impossible to do now.

King's Crustacean

"What the fuck have I just read? "

Was it the Sun ?

I may not have written this very well I don't mean any one that can meet in the day I assume is on benifits I have days off sometimes. I'm just ranting because iv had several chats recently where they have told me they don't want to work why should they so on and so on and I find it very anoying when the majority of the country is working hard trying to stay afloat while paying crazy taxes to keep these people in benefits

You didn't write your OP well at all. It reads as gross generalisation, that you deem to know whether someone should or shouldn't be claiming benefits and it reeks of a jumped up judgemental attitude. On clarifying, you are simply wanting to be dickish about a person or persons that have disclosed to you by private message, that they claim benefits but do not want to have to work. It's against forum rules to discuss PMs. You also still potentially come across as a judgemental tittle tattler.

You've done well today. You've made yourself heaps more attractive, you go dude!

I am very judgemental especially when it is people blatantly committing fraud which in effect is stealing of each and every tax paying person and off people that genuinely need that money and organisations that use tax such as the NHS but if your happy with these lazy fuckers who just don't want to work claiming money which is leaving the system with no money left to use for constructive good uses like helping looking after the elderly or cancer patients or the disabled and would rather try and belittle me because I broke a forum rule and wasn't as clear as I could be in my opening statement then that's fine by me but I hope you never genuinely need help and find its not there because the pot is empty."

By *avid0894Man  over a year ago

Paisley

"I kinda hate people who can work yet choose to take benefits as its now affecting people like me who are unable!

Im having to fight to get my ESA reinstated because a nurse who saw me for all of ten minutes decided i was fit to work.

If i have a good day I can get up and leave the house after a few hours (i have to keep stopping as i get ready to sit and take breaks) but once out all i need is one stumble or someone to go into me and thats it I have to come home.

Other days im in too much pain and cant get out of bed, who in their right minds would employ someone who doesnt know if they are going to be able to get up and make their way to work that day!

I used to have my own business but even that is pretty much impossible to do now. "

Do you claim PIP?

"I kinda hate people who can work yet choose to take benefits as its now affecting people like me who are unable!

I used to have my own business but even that is pretty much impossible to do now.

Do you claim PIP?"

Yes which I got no argunents but you can have that even if working! It barely pays my bills and leaves me nothing to live on, i cannot claim jobseekers as I am signed off permanently

King's Crustacean

I am very judgemental especially when it is people blatantly committing fraud which in effect is stealing of each and every tax paying person and off people that genuinely need that money and organisations that use tax such as the NHS but if your happy with these lazy fuckers who just don't want to work claiming money which is leaving the system with no money left to use for constructive good uses like helping looking after the elderly or cancer patients or the disabled and would rather try and belittle me because I broke a forum rule and wasn't as clear as I could be in my opening statement then that's fine by me but I hope you never genuinely need help and find its not there because the pot is empty."

Tom, Tom, Tommmmmm, Lie down on my couch maaaaaaaaaaaannnn.....

Why do you think it's benefit payments that take away money from the nation's coffers ?

How much goes to people on benefit who shouldn't be on benefit maaaaaaan ?

Hush now xx

By *avid0894Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Do you claim PIP?

Yes which I got no argunents but you can have that even if working! It barely pays my bills and leaves me nothing to live on, i cannot claim jobseekers as I am signed off permanently "

I've always believed there is more chance of being awarded PIP than ESA. I remember seeing someone being declared fit to work despite being paralysed, they said he would work in a supermarket by using his fingers.

My point is that all you are achieving by posting about this (if indeed you are genuinely correct that the person you have spoken to over PM is indeed committing fraud, and of course no one knows that), is to come across as a ranty shouty poster. It's not addressing the issue. Now, I'd also point out that I don't condone benefit fraud, however incidences of genuine benefit fraud are such a small percentage that it is not these that is causing the issues faced in the current welfare system so if I was in need and the pot was empty, to use your words, this would not have been the significant cause. Anyway, you made your ranty thread, you've let everyone know your stance. As I said before, way to go dude.

Hellooooo there my twirly sparkly lady Tink! Fancy a late morning hot beverage on a weekday?

Oh my goodness I thought you'd never ask "

Well I would've asked sooner, but you know how busy us work-shy day time messagers are

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

So far one person acknowledges that the OP has any sort of point and rest deflect the issue...

"fab forums. the birthplace of the most random conversations..... please don't ever change"

"So far one person acknowledges that the OP has any sort of point and rest deflect the issue... "

Or disagree. Or simply think it's all a bit poor taste ranty testes.

King's Crustacean

"So far one person acknowledges that the OP has any sort of point and rest deflect the issue... "

Thanks adjudicator x

King's Crustacean

"So far one person acknowledges that the OP has any sort of point and rest deflect the issue...

Or disagree. Or simply think it's all a bit poor taste ranty testes. "

Have you ever had kangaroo bollocks ?

"So far one person acknowledges that the OP has any sort of point and rest deflect the issue...

Have you ever had kangaroo bollocks ?"

no I seem to have skipped those, or hopped over them.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

*Cancels Sheffield trip for Tuesday* .... siiiigh.... Now I've to find somewhere else to turn up for a spontaneous 11am coffee....

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

OP i claim benefits, namely carers allowance. To qualify for this i have to be looking after someone for a minimum of 35 hours a week.

I receive the princely sum of £62.70 per week which is £10 less than someone who is on the dole.

Obviously i'm stealing this money from all the hard working tax payers like you

In the OP defence, although I do agree that he didn't exactly word the OP very well. I agree that workers do indeed have holidays, days off, work from home, shifts etc so can meet during the daytime.

It seriously annoys me that I work my bum off and by the time I've paid all my outgoings, there is very little disposable income remaining. I see other people who ARE fit to work - friends or acquaintances on Facebook for example who claim that they are Ill and there is bugger all wrong with them!

But they have 2/3 luxury hols per year, a luxury top of the range car and all the luxuries I can't afford!! Who is paying for all this?? I have no objection whatsoever about those who are genuine and can't work, but those who can and won't are lazy scumbags....for example a lady I know in her late 40's has claimed benefits for 15 years+. She claims that she has a problem with her kidney's (She had one removed when she was young I believe) She has never been on dialysis, she is fit and healthy, goes to events and concerts, hols and weekends away and walks a lot etc. There is no reason whatsoever why she can't work, but she claims benefits.

I have a very severe bad back due to 2 prolapsed disks, I am in pain everyday, some worse than others..... I have to take strong painkillers that then give me a bad stomach and a dreadful itchy rash, but I still work full time... because there is a thing called pride, dignity and independence which some lazy arses don't seem to have or want!!!!!

Tbh its not people who defraud benefits that drain the coffers what they infact do is now make it extremely hard for anyone who has a genuine disability to get the help they need!

I find this post a bit rude tbh, dot judge people before knowing them. Seems a lot of this going about the site. It was only yesterday I had sumone calling me an anorexic tramp. I suffer with mental health issues, I work shift patterns on a part time basis which I need benefit help to afford to live in my own. Think before you say things XD

"Tbh its not people who defraud benefits that drain the coffers what they infact do is now make it extremely hard for anyone who has a genuine disability to get the help they need! "

I completely agree!! The benefits system needs a complete overhaul and to reassess those they think may be faudulently claiming and stop targeting those that do genuinely need them/people who ARE genuinely ill and unable to work. Those that are not able to work and genuine should never have their benefits stopped, but the lazy buggers who won't get up off their fat arses should!!

I don't think anyone objecting is in support of falsely claiming benefits or those that do. I personally object to people who are not another person's doctor making unqualified clinical judgements or people who are not necessarily availed of an individual's full situation making accusations and calling people names like scum. No one ever knows the full account of someone else's situation based on the snapshots of info people display outwardly (especially through things like Facebook and social media) but they feel it acceptable to be judge and jury...?

If I was into name calling....

No ! Not another benefits thread. I blame channel 5. I do not mind paying tax. You never know what's around the corner. Yeah a few do scrounge but must are trying their best to find work or have young children or care for a friend or relative. Some have a physical or mental disability. It's a safety net any of us might fall into.

"Tbh its not people who defraud benefits that drain the coffers what they infact do is now make it extremely hard for anyone who has a genuine disability to get the help they need! "

No they don't, really they don't. The hiked up conditionality is part of governmental money-saving policy, decisions that are not made based solely on an exceedingly small percentage of fraud cases but on wider criteria.

"Tbh its not people who defraud benefits that drain the coffers what they infact do is now make it extremely hard for anyone who has a genuine disability to get the help they need!

I completely agree!! The benefits system needs a complete overhaul and to reassess those they think may be faudulently claiming and stop targeting those that do genuinely need them/people who ARE genuinely ill and unable to work. Those that are not able to work and genuine should never have their benefits stopped, but the lazy buggers who won't get up off their fat arses should!! "

Ughhh.

Benefit do a good line in ladies cosmetics

"Benefit do a good line in ladies cosmetics "

They really do!

There are a certain % of people who come to realise that their earning capacity does not match what the benefit system has to offer them. It's a capitalist society... lol

With a family to support I guess they find it easier than taking a full time minimum wage job which time rent and council tax etc gets taken into consideration makes them worse off. Is the problem the benefits system, the person or the lack of well paid opportunities available to all...

Blaming the small percentage of lead swingers for the cuts and austerity brought in by the conservative government to all services and benefits is a bit daily mail... go use google to see how much of the benefit system is actually spent on jobseekers allowance...

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

If the Tories win the election, the state they will leave the economy in after driving us all off the Brexit cliff will cost us more than could be reasonably swindled out of the benefit system in a thousand years.

So you may as well not worry about it!

King's Crustacean

See...... It seems to me , that if you all had gazzillions and were buy on your yacht in the med you wouldn't have time to reflect on your lack of income.

See........... this reflecting on your income and feeling short changed causes you to look at someone who has as much as you or more but doesn't work and you decide to verbally lambast them rather than go to your boss and ask for the money you are worth.

It is not the benefit recievers fault that you have as much money as they do.

King's Crustacean

busy

"Tbh its not people who defraud benefits that drain the coffers what they infact do is now make it extremely hard for anyone who has a genuine disability to get the help they need!

No they don't, really they don't. The hiked up conditionality is part of governmental money-saving policy, decisions that are not made based solely on an exceedingly small percentage of fraud cases but on wider criteria. "

They had to save money because of the fraud that was being committed though! The people who assessed me from PIP divulged a lot about why the changes have been put in place.

I tend to find the people who dont receive any benefits tend to seem to think they know more about it.

Its a situation I have followed closely because I need to.

These days they only seem to gear the benefitd towards people with severe mental defecits and ignore people with physical defects

No they don't, really they don't. The hiked up conditionality is part of governmental money-saving policy, decisions that are not made based solely on an exceedingly small percentage of fraud cases but on wider criteria.

They had to save money because of the fraud that was being committed though! The people who assessed me from PIP divulged a lot about why the changes have been put in place.

I tend to find the people who dont receive any benefits tend to seem to think they know more about it.

These days they only seem to gear the benefitd towards people with severe mental defecits and ignore people with physical defects"

If that was a dig because I'm not receiving benefits, and thus don't share your knowledge of your personal experience then can I point out you're right, I don't share your specific individual experiences. You also don't speak for all on benefits. Your being on them doesn't make you more knowledgeable about the system overall, as you posit then someone who isn't. It makes you knowledgeable about you, something no one is challenging. You've got your exposure to the system, I have never taken that away from you -- by the way this is my work industry -- and I simply challenged you and others to be wary of sweeping generalisations. I didn't say it (benefit fraud) wasn't an aspect to consider in saving of money, but you are wrong to put forward that it is the main reason as your post looks potentially to be doing....and that was my point. I am only disagreeing with the sweeping generalising assumptions being made on this thread, and as someone struggling with health and a system of conditionality that isn't working to support those in need is have thought you may look to not make generalised attacks either....

*I'd have thought

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"They had to save money because of the fraud that was being committed though! "

People still believe this? Amazing!

"OP i claim benefits, namely carers allowance. To qualify for this i have to be looking after someone for a minimum of 35 hours a week.

I receive the princely sum of £62.70 per week which is £10 less than someone who is on the dole.

Obviously i'm stealing this money from all the hard working tax payers like you "

Not even slightly you should be entitled to at least the living wage this is my point you are doing an already hard job by been a carer to some one that is tough and you should be helped as much as possible. I am against the people that claim when there is nothing wrong with them they are not caring for any one there just lazy and misusing the system that was put in place to help

"OP i claim benefits, namely carers allowance. To qualify for this i have to be looking after someone for a minimum of 35 hours a week.

Obviously i'm stealing this money from all the hard working tax payers like you

Not even slightly you should be entitled to at least the living wage this is my point you are doing an already hard job by been a carer to some one that is tough and you should be helped as much as possible. I am against the people that claim when there is nothing wrong with them they are not caring for any one there just lazy and misusing the system that was put in place to help "

And no one would really disagree with how you've phrased that post response, OP.

Yeah having been on benefits while unemployed I can't reconcile your assertion of people living a high life with the poverty and stress of being on benefits.

I couldn't afford food, it trashed my credit rating, it made me unwell.

Funny when we talk about benefits the £108 billion that goes to pensions never gets mentioned

I suspect that it's not that you didn't write the post well, more that you have got a backlash rather than the posts of agreement that you expected

By *exmadscotMan  over a year ago

alloa

I completely agree!! The benefits system needs a complete overhaul and to reassess those they think may be faudulently claiming and stop targeting those that do genuinely need them/people who ARE genuinely ill and unable to work. Those that are not able to work and genuine should never have their benefits stopped, but the lazy buggers who won't get up off their fat arses should!! "

I know someone thin who's on benefits

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"There seems quite a few people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits I'm not talking about the people who deserve to be on them for them it is fine just the lazy good for nothing scroungers who don't want a job and just sit at home smoking and drinking and send msgs asking to meet up on a Tuesday at 11 am. Go get a job you lazy fuckers."

We take it you haven't thought that some might work for themsleves and be able to managed their time to meet during the day.

Others may work nights or other work patterns to allow daytime meets to take place.

"Yeah having been on benefits while unemployed I can't reconcile your assertion of people living a high life with the poverty and stress of being on benefits.

Funny when we talk about benefits the £108 billion that goes to pensions never gets mentioned"

I guess there's a perception that the people taking that money, already paid into the system ? It's a separate debate, but certainly costing the country. However I'm sure we'll all accept it if we're lucky enough to get there !

I suspect that it's not that you didn't write the post well, more that you have got a backlash rather than the posts of agreement that you expected"

There will always be backlash and no two people will agree on what is right

"There seems quite a few people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits I'm not talking about the people who deserve to be on them for them it is fine just the lazy good for nothing scroungers who don't want a job and just sit at home smoking and drinking and send msgs asking to meet up on a Tuesday at 11 am. Go get a job you lazy fuckers."

So you are completely unaware of invisible illnesses like Bipolar and Depression, not all disabilities are physical. Its nice to know people like you still live in the dark ages. Keep reading the SUN

So in summary Tom, you're annoyed by the potential benefit fraudster you've encountered on this site?

That's what you were trying to communicate?

No need for all the other ridiculous commentary you posted then, eh?

(Did said potential benefit fraudster turn you down?)

"Yeah having been on benefits while unemployed I can't reconcile your assertion of people living a high life with the poverty and stress of being on benefits.

Funny when we talk about benefits the £108 billion that goes to pensions never gets mentioned

I guess there's a perception that the people taking that money, already paid into the system ? It's a separate debate, but certainly costing the country. However I'm sure we'll all accept it if we're lucky enough to get there !"

*If we're lucky to get anything at all

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I do shifts so am often off in daytime in week

Miss

I suspect that it's not that you didn't write the post well, more that you have got a backlash rather than the posts of agreement that you expected

There will always be backlash and no two people will agree on what is right"

On the contrary, I think plenty of people are agreeing that your opening post was just a spiteful uninformed attack on benefits claimants.

Had lots of people posted "Yes we agree, how dare unemployed people use a free site" I very much doubt that you;d subsequently have posted that the post was poorly written

But regardless, why shouldn't the unemployed be on here? And how are you assessing them as scroungers rather than genuine?

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

As for how much tax you pay tough, you pay tax because you are earning enough to do so, when I was earning my peak income in the late 60s early 70s I was paying 90% tax this was dropped for a few years to a low 75% before going back up to 83 %

Yet you have the gall to complain about paying a pittance of 40% or perhaps even 45%, you make me laugh.

I would be happy to pay high tax rates today as it would show I was earning good money

These days they only seem to gear the benefitd towards people with severe mental defecits and ignore people with physical defects

If that was a dig because I'm not receiving benefits, and thus don't share your knowledge of your personal experience then can I point out you're right, I don't share your specific individual experiences. You also don't speak for all on benefits. Your being on them doesn't make you more knowledgeable about the system overall, as you posit then someone who isn't. It makes you knowledgeable about you, something no one is challenging. You've got your exposure to the system, I have never taken that away from you -- by the way this is my work industry -- and I simply challenged you and others to be wary of sweeping generalisations. I didn't say it (benefit fraud) wasn't an aspect to consider in saving of money, but you are wrong to put forward that it is the main reason as your post looks potentially to be doing....and that was my point. I am only disagreeing with the sweeping generalising assumptions being made on this thread, and as someone struggling with health and a system of conditionality that isn't working to support those in need is have thought you may look to not make generalised attacks either...."

No its against everyone who always post in these types of threads who say xyz about benefits yet have never had to claim them or know what its like.

I have my experience, all the experience of friends and some family members.

My mum has terminal cancer and yet they said she is fit too work, since they did that I have been researching a lot about benefits in general, the criteria's needed, why they have changed them, the level of fraud being investigated (its not been that minimal)

If the OP received a message and the person has clearly stated they get benefits and if he has questioned whats wrong and they have said there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them they just cannot be arsed to go to work then that individual is a bit of a twonk & should be stripped of the benefits they receive.

One of my first admin jobs I did payroll and benefits was something we had to be au fait with as to how many hours someone could work etc so I've always had a working knowledge and have now keep abreast of all changes especially when going to a tribunal to question a decision.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

There will always be backlash and no two people will agree on what is right"

see.... its not even that any two people will agree.... its where on earth do you get those sort of assumptions from?

funny enough.... i am actually don't going to be working on tuesday as i have taken it as a days annual leave.... i am not going to be working wednesday either as it is my day off.... but if you had assumed thats because i happen to be online during the day i am some sort of benefits scrounger i'd give you an even sharper piece of my tongue than i am now....

don't assume to know me....

don't assume to know anyone.....

"So in summary Tom, you're annoyed by the potential benefit fraudster you've encountered on this site?

"

Ha we getting personal now then no they haven't turned me down I don't really use fab like that to be honest. Just because some one doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean it's ridiculous. I don't like lazy people who just choose not to work and claim when they are perfectly capable of working i think it's disgusting you obviously don't and for some reason obviously quite like people claiming benefit's. In this thread some one has already said how difficult they are finding it to get the right help that they are entitled to and that is down to people cheating the system but you don't seem to care about good honest people struggling because of the selfishness of others and would rather side with the lowest of the low benefit cheats.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I have Wednesdays off. Can I claim some money for this?

If it's good enough for the Royals it's good enough for me

If that was a dig because I'm not receiving benefits, and thus don't share your knowledge of your personal experience then can I point out you're right, I don't share your specific individual experiences. You also don't speak for all on benefits. Your being on them doesn't make you more knowledgeable about the system overall, as you posit then someone who isn't. It makes you knowledgeable about you, something no one is challenging. You've got your exposure to the system, I have never taken that away from you -- by the way this is my work industry -- and I simply challenged you and others to be wary of sweeping generalisations. I didn't say it (benefit fraud) wasn't an aspect to consider in saving of money, but you are wrong to put forward that it is the main reason as your post looks potentially to be doing....and that was my point. I am only disagreeing with the sweeping generalising assumptions being made on this thread, and as someone struggling with health and a system of conditionality that isn't working to support those in need is have thought you may look to not make generalised attacks either....

No its against everyone who always post in these types of threads who say xyz about benefits yet have never had to claim them or know what its like.

My mum has terminal cancer and yet they said she is fit too work, since they did that I have been researching a lot about benefits in general, the criteria's needed, why they have changed them, the level of fraud being investigated (its not been that minimal)

If the OP received a message and the person has clearly stated they get benefits and if he has questioned whats wrong and they have said there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them they just cannot be arsed to go to work then that individual is a bit of a twonk & should be stripped of the benefits they receive.

One of my first admin jobs I did payroll and benefits was something we had to be au fait with as to how many hours someone could work etc so I've always had a working knowledge and have now keep abreast of all changes especially when going to a tribunal to question a decision.

"

seems you watch too many benefit programs or too much TV....WHAT A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT!!

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know that if every so called "benefit fraudster" was forced out to work your taxes would not go down, more likely a 10% pay rise for politicians, ( sorry i forgot thats already been taken) corruption starts at the top and we have voted them in, most self employed people (including myself in the past) put things through the books that they shouldn't, so sitting in judgement of others would mean 99% of this country would be condemned.

I think the benefits system works well. I can obvs only speak for myself but I have enough money to make sure my bills are covered, my daughters have what they need when they are with me. Plus I have some money spare for treats. I don't smoke or drink tho so I don't see that any of my money is wasted. If I could work i would, I've struggled for years in lots of different jobs and I've been sacked from most of them because of my fibromyalgia. I have seen people who in my opinion maybe cheating the system and these people would piss me off if I let them. Atm these issues don't eff3ct me.

PTU xxx

"

My points still stand. If you remove the emotion from your perspective you'll see that we're not completely talking at odds.

Re the OP, if you add in all the clarifications you state then yes there is twonkage but you're having to apply clarifications for him that may not be accurate, hence challenges to his posting and _iews (and yours) were made.

Re why conditionality has increased, again your disagreement with me (when I've said it's not solely due to benefit fraud amounts that are minimal in comparison to other potential money savers) is therefore still suggesting that benefit fraud is the only reason for welfare reform - you seriously believe that? Then yes, we disagree. If you're saying is there some fraud out there, and that's not good, yeah we agree -- but it's not as simple as you seem to think.

Do you also understand how divisive an opinion it is to say that your _iew as a claimant is more important than others? What if my _iew as a non claimant was agreeing with you (which you may not realise, I am in many aspects) - does that mean my opinion is invalid because I don't claim or only if I don't claim and disagree with you? Is my opinion as someone that has a different exposure than you to claimants as someone who has worked their professional life to support claimants that invalid?

Seriously? Cheers.

I don't normally post on threads like this, but...

I'm currently claiming and living on very little, all my money goes on rent, bills and food, I have a drink on my birthday and Christmas and I don't smoke. I'm also currently applying for 30+ jobs a week and maybe hearing back about an inter_iew maybe every two or three months. I already volunteer four days a week and I have an inter_iew to discuss another volunteer position this week.

So don't label us all as 'lazy fuckers' and stop listening to everything The Sun and Channel 5 tells you.

Nowt new there.

You're annoyed at the people that blatantly take the piss out of the benefits system - not everyone on them. I agree.

"So in summary Tom, you're annoyed by the potential benefit fraudster you've encountered on this site?

Ha we getting personal now then no they haven't turned me down I don't really use fab like that to be honest. Just because some one doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean it's ridiculous. I don't like lazy people who just choose not to work and claim when they are perfectly capable of working i think it's disgusting you obviously don't and for some reason obviously quite like people claiming benefit's. In this thread some one has already said how difficult they are finding it to get the right help that they are entitled to and that is down to people cheating the system but you don't seem to care about good honest people struggling because of the selfishness of others and would rather side with the lowest of the low benefit cheats. "

Tom I asked a question (which you answered, thank you) -- don't put assumptions in my mouth that I've not made. If I had said they had/or probably had turned you down. *that* would be making a personal assumption. I didn't. And if you can't understand the points and challenges I'm making and want to misrepresent them rather than read, clarify if you don't understand, and discuss - then you really are a bit silly. Or ridiculous even!

But then this was my initial point, you make generalised assumptions about people and use it to attack them. Case and point in your post to me. Durrrr.

Slough

Or disagree. Or simply think it's all a bit poor taste ranty testes. "

If you can't rant on the interweb then where can you rant!! I'm curious have many people think "people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits" should be allowed to claim benefits long-term?

My points still stand. If you remove the emotion from your perspective you'll see that we're not completely talking at odds.

Re the OP, if you add in all the clarifications you state then yes there is twonkage but you're having to apply clarifications for him that may not be accurate, hence challenges to his posting and _iews (and yours) were made.

Re why conditionality has increased, again your disagreement with me (when I've said it's not solely due to benefit fraud amounts that are minimal in comparison to other potential money savers) is therefore still suggesting that benefit fraud is the only reason for welfare reform - you seriously believe that? Then yes, we disagree. If you're saying is there some fraud out there, and that's not good, yeah we agree -- but it's not as simple as you seem to think.

Do you also understand how divisive an opinion it is to say that your _iew as a claimant is more important than others? What if my _iew as a non claimant was agreeing with you (which you may not realise, I am in many aspects) - does that mean my opinion is invalid because I don't claim or only if I don't claim and disagree with you? Is my opinion as someone that has a different exposure than you to claimants as someone who has worked their professional life to support claimants that invalid?

Seriously? Cheers. "

Very very nicely done, I think you may have won I have no comeback

Slough

"I don't normally post on threads like this, but...

I'm currently claiming and living on very little, all my money goes on rent, bills and food, I have a drink on my birthday and Christmas and I don't smoke. I'm also currently applying for 30+ jobs a week and maybe hearing back about an inter_iew maybe every two or three months. I already volunteer four days a week and I have an inter_iew to discuss another volunteer position this week.

So don't label us all as 'lazy fuckers' and stop listening to everything The Sun and Channel 5 tells you."

He didn't. At no stage has he critised people in your siuation. You are applying for work.

"There seems quite a few people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits I'm not talking about the people who deserve to be on them for them it is fine just the lazy good for nothing scroungers who don't want a job and just sit at home smoking and drinking and send msgs asking to meet up on a Tuesday at 11 am. Go get a job you lazy fuckers.

You're annoyed at the people that blatantly take the piss out of the benefits system - not everyone on them. I agree. "

Sigh. I don't think anyone doesn't agree with the essence of that. It's the who gets to say who's taking the piss or not aspect, and the sweary insults that people have mostly taken unbridge with. That kind of sweeping judgemental aggressive attitude I prefer to not collide with.

"I don't normally post on threads like this, but...

So don't label us all as 'lazy fuckers' and stop listening to everything The Sun and Channel 5 tells you.

He didn't. At no stage has he critised people in your siuation. You are applying for work."

"There seems quite a few people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits I'm not talking about the people who deserve to be on them for them it is fine just the lazy good for nothing scroungers who don't want a job and just sit at home smoking and drinking and send msgs asking to meet up on a Tuesday at 11 am. Go get a job you lazy fuckers.

You're annoyed at the people that blatantly take the piss out of the benefits system - not everyone on them. I agree.

Sigh. I don't think anyone doesn't agree with the essence of that. It's the who gets to say who's taking the piss or not aspect, and the sweary insults that people have mostly taken unbridge with. That kind of sweeping judgemental aggressive attitude I prefer to not collide with. "

*collude

(Before I get a GBH accusation!!)

Seriously? Cheers. "

I tried to break down what he may be uneloquently trying to say, if its not that case then he cannot speculate, if that was what was said then that person is the one at fault.

Its is a large mitigating factor as to why they have made it so much harder for people with disabilities to claim, there are others but they have had to have a major shake up because of the level of fraud discovered and the cost of undercover reporters.

How you said was because it was only my _iew on my experience that I cannot speak for anyone else but ignored that I have been researching this in a lot of depth due to trying to help others who are also struggling.

Maybe if you do help people with claims maybe explain things in a less harsh tone rather than jumping on the OP straight away and attacking, yes he worded things incorrectly but like many other jumped on him straight away before trying to find out what is going on.

Ive also had little to no help from anyone in regards to my mums claim, cab, macmillan etc have been useless and just keep pointing up back to the dwp website and using online calculators or trying to use the section which is for less than 6 months to live which doctors very very rarely say anymore as it had bitten them on their ass before, so thus far my experience with people who are meant to help and advise had been poor to say the least which is why I have had to take things into my own hands.

Sigh. I don't think anyone doesn't agree with the essence of that. It's the who gets to say who's taking the piss or not aspect, and the sweary insults that people have mostly taken unbridge with. That kind of sweeping judgemental aggressive attitude I prefer to not collide with. "

So like all the moaners on the thread are doing.

If you can't rant on the interweb then where can you rant!! I'm curious have many people think "people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits" should be allowed to claim benefits long-term? "

I don't follow your second part of the sentence. But in response to the first part -- I never said he couldn't rant, and by that token I'm entitled equally to rant about his rantyness

I used to have my own business but even that is pretty much impossible to do now. "

Are you able to apply again for help ?

Seems very unfair that the assessment was so quick.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is why I can't watch programmes like Britain On Benefits. . the last time I did watch it cost me a new TV . . .

Slough

If you can't rant on the interweb then where can you rant!! I'm curious have many people think "people on here who have nothing wrong with them but see nothing wrong with been on benefits" should be allowed to claim benefits long-term?

I don't follow your second part of the sentence. But in response to the first part -- I never said he couldn't rant, and by that token I'm entitled equally to rant about his rantyness "

I think your point has been that people are conflating what he did say, with things he didn't, because of the loose terms and swear words he used?

But if someone is being lazy with their words then it should be relatively easy to pick out a quote that is factually incorrect or illogical. Yet i don't seen that happening, just a bunch of deflection and conflation.

PS: I'm not arguing it was an eloquent OP either

This is why I can't watch programmes like Britain On Benefits. . the last time I did watch it cost me a new TV . . . "

I completely agree. They bitch they don5 have enough m9ney. Well if they stopped spending it on 88888 n drink they could afford to use the m9ney on what it's ment to b3 spent on. Grrrrrrrr xxx

Seems very unfair that the assessment was so quick."

It has to go to tribunal, the 'assessment' i had was terrible.. basically asked the same questions as in the paperwork i filled in but she made a lot of false reports which were straight up lies.. she couldnt even put my body size in right so i think she forgot who she had even seen.. best was that I got up from the chair without support, she was about 7.5 months pregnant and even said I cant help you so had to do it myself...

I queried all this on my original reconsideration and as the assessor has ignored all my points it now goes to a tribunal! They also 'lost' my original letter for reconsideration!

i'd no idea you'd taken that ill. hope it gets sorted asap if it can be

I agree with them in a way because i do think some people get benefits and could really be working however i have no idea about people on the forums claiming benefits when they can work.

Seriously? Cheers.

I tried to break down what he may be uneloquently trying to say, if its not that case then he cannot speculate, if that was what was said then that person is the one at fault.

Its is a large mitigating factor as to why they have made it so much harder for people with disabilities to claim, there are others but they have had to have a major shake up because of the level of fraud discovered and the cost of undercover reporters.

How you said was because it was only my _iew on my experience that I cannot speak for anyone else but ignored that I have been researching this in a lot of depth due to trying to help others who are also struggling.

Maybe if you do help people with claims maybe explain things in a less harsh tone rather than jumping on the OP straight away and attacking, yes he worded things incorrectly but like many other jumped on him straight away before trying to find out what is going on.

Ive also had little to no help from anyone in regards to my mums claim, cab, macmillan etc have been useless and just keep pointing up back to the dwp website and using online calculators or trying to use the section which is for less than 6 months to live which doctors very very rarely say anymore as it had bitten them on their ass before, so thus far my experience with people who are meant to help and advise had been poor to say the least which is why I have had to take things into my own hands. "

I challenged what I was unhappy with -- as I'm allowed to do and if you look I did so based on his second comment (I never suggested he was attacking genuine benefit claimants at any point), my comment was after reading and taking on board the OP's further clarification. So thank you for voicing your valid opinion of what you felt was my attack to the OP, it's exactly like me voicing my opinion of what I felt the OP was doing in attacking claimants that may / may not be falsely claiming.

Since my post, what further info have we found out from the OP to understand his post that negates my challenge? Also when he posted something I felt was more appropriately worded I even acknowledged that, so really why the need to single me out?

I'm glad you're reading more about the subject, I've not overlooked that. I'm responding solely to your generalisation. I'm sorry that it was potentially tough to hear and you feel potentially defensive.

I am fully happy with all of my posts in this thread and haven't changed my initial stance that it was an ill conceived rant that in essence no one disagrees with, but done so in a way that comes across as rude, discompassionate and assumptive.

Sigh. I don't think anyone doesn't agree with the essence of that. It's the who gets to say who's taking the piss or not aspect, and the sweary insults that people have mostly taken unbridge with. That kind of sweeping judgemental aggressive attitude I prefer to not collide with.

So like all the moaners on the thread are doing. "

I speak for myself. And I'm not disagreeing with your point, just clarifying the fact that's not the disagreement I'm having, nor a few others are having.

i'd no idea you'd taken that ill. hope it gets sorted asap if it can be "

Yup, my left femur is compacted into my pelvis, i have bone spur on the femur as result causing friction, osteoarthritis in both hips because of it, the hip is why my knee and ankle is messed up as my entire right leg is misaligned so I need replacement hips, knee and cartilage, nerve damage on my sciatic nerve which runs all down my right side.

Combined with severe stress, anxiety and diagnosed with MDD which they are unsure if brought on because of how much pain im in or had already!

Right now I live on a cocktail of medicines!

I don't follow your second part of the sentence. But in response to the first part -- I never said he couldn't rant, and by that token I'm entitled equally to rant about his rantyness

I think your point has been that people are conflating what he did say, with things he didn't, because of the loose terms and swear words he used?

But if someone is being lazy with their words then it should be relatively easy to pick out a quote that is factually incorrect or illogical. Yet i don't seen that happening, just a bunch of deflection and conflation.

PS: I'm not arguing it was an eloquent OP either "

Agreed. I've stated my position on that point clearly though.

Slough

Agreed. I've stated my position on that point clearly though. "

There's a semi-famous video on YouTube where semi-attractive, professional troll Ann Coulter tells an audience of single mums that statistically the best thing they could do for their children would be to give them up for adoption.

Rather than actually go after her cherry picked stats, they just went after her with statements along the lines of 'my personal experience trumps your statistics' and hence it became a video about how stupid liberals are than how a conservative using fuzzy logic got her ass handed to her.

It has to go to tribunal, the 'assessment' i had was terrible.. basically asked the same questions as in the paperwork i filled in but she made a lot of false reports which were straight up lies.. she couldnt even put my body size in right so i think she forgot who she had even seen.. best was that I got up from the chair without support, she was about 7.5 months pregnant and even said I cant help you so had to do it myself...

I queried all this on my original reconsideration and as the assessor has ignored all my points it now goes to a tribunal! They also 'lost' my original letter for reconsideration!

"

I hope it gets sorted out asap.

So, I'm a full time student, I work 25 hours evenings and weekends to fit around study and I have my little boy a couple of nights a week...

Cheers for the blind supposition that because I have some availability through the day, I must be some kind of bum.

The saving grace is that you've just found yourself on a lot of people's block lists for your efforts

I hope it gets sorted out asap."

Thank you.. ive already had confirmation they did not request a report from my dr or surgeon.. on the plus side someone from the council has actually taken on board whats wrong and moved me up to a high level to get an adapted house sorted!

Thank you.. ive already had confirmation they did not request a report from my dr or surgeon.. on the plus side someone from the council has actually taken on board whats wrong and moved me up to a high level to get an adapted house sorted! "

Thats good news

So, I'm a full time student, I work 25 hours evenings and weekends to fit around study and I have my little boy a couple of nights a week...

Cheers for the blind supposition that because I have some availability through the day, I must be some kind of bum.

The saving grace is that you've just found yourself on a lot of people's block lists for your efforts "

It's nice that you have bothered to read the whole thread and not just jumped to the conclusion that I was ranting about some one in your situation which I wasnt.

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

What about the mega rich who are putting their money in offshore banks and therefore avoiding tax? Oh, and all the massive conglomerates (Starbucks, Amazon etc) that are repeated tax avoiders?

Why aren't we raging at them?

They cost the government so much more than the tiny percentage of false benefit claimants.

Put down the Daily Fail and get some perspective ffs

Slough

Thank you.. ive already had confirmation they did not request a report from my dr or surgeon.. on the plus side someone from the council has actually taken on board whats wrong and moved me up to a high level to get an adapted house sorted! "

Your situation frustrates me a lot . I have close friends who have not been able to work because of severe health conditions but actually if their rehabilitation had been better, they could work now (they want to).

My general impression of benefits are that they allow people who don't need them, to live off them; but aren't anywhere near sufficient for people who do need them.

Thank you.. ive already had confirmation they did not request a report from my dr or surgeon.. on the plus side someone from the council has actually taken on board whats wrong and moved me up to a high level to get an adapted house sorted!

Your situation frustrates me a lot . I have close friends who have not been able to work because of severe health conditions but actually if their rehabilitation had been better, they could work now (they want to).

My general impression of benefits are that they allow people who don't need them, to live off them; but aren't anywhere near sufficient for people who do need them. "

Thank you! At the moment i survive on £220 a month from PIP, they were also willing to come to my home, ESA originally wanted me to go to an assessment centre that was 2.5hours away for 9am which was impossible to get to. I think that sector needs a bit of a head wobble and actually speak to surgeons etc who know exactly what the person is going through rather than someone who isnt a specialist or a dr yo make these very important decisions

Slough

"What about the mega rich who are putting their money in offshore banks and therefore avoiding tax? Oh, and all the massive conglomerates (Starbucks, Amazon etc) that are repeated tax avoiders?

They cost the government so much more than the tiny percentage of false benefit claimants.

Put down the Daily Fail and get some perspective ffs "

Plenty of people are outraged by tax evasion, did you forget the whole Jimmy Carr thing?

We are allowed to be outraged by multiple things at the same time!

Funny when we talk about benefits the £108 billion that goes to pensions never gets mentioned"

The difference being that Pensioners have **mostly** worked hard ALL their lives and some (not all) have paid a fortune in tax and National Insurance over the 40/50/60 years that they have worked.... in a lot of cases, such pensioners **not all**) have also had to ensure poverty and some of the older one's face atrocities during the first and second World Wars that some of us can't begin to imagine...... so I personally believe that they have earned and worked for the right to have a reasonably comfortable retirement and pension..... although that is far from the case for a lot of pensioners on a state pension of less than £100 per week!

Slough

My general impression of benefits are that they allow people who don't need them, to live off them; but aren't anywhere near sufficient for people who do need them.

Thank you! At the moment i survive on £220 a month from PIP, they were also willing to come to my home, ESA originally wanted me to go to an assessment centre that was 2.5hours away for 9am which was impossible to get to. I think that sector needs a bit of a head wobble and actually speak to surgeons etc who know exactly what the person is going through rather than someone who isnt a specialist or a dr yo make these very important decisions "

Whenever i see anything that starts at 9am i think "dickhead organiser". Thankfully i bill most my travel to the person hosting it so i often have to call and ask if they wouldn't prefer me to bill them for an off-peak travel ticket instead or a peak one and a hotel the night before - or is there some grand reason that all meetings need to start at 9am?

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

"What about the mega rich who are putting their money in offshore banks and therefore avoiding tax? Oh, and all the massive conglomerates (Starbucks, Amazon etc) that are repeated tax avoiders?

Plenty of people are outraged by tax evasion, did you forget the whole Jimmy Carr thing?

We are allowed to be outraged by multiple things at the same time! "

I did not forget...that was kind of the point of my comment.

I always find that the majority of people who go on these rants about people on benefits, calling them scroungers, lazy etc, and blame them for the problems in our economy, often forget that they're a mear drop in the ocean and it's not them damaging our country. Sadly we are living in a time where the rich get richer at the expense of the low income person and people relying on the state are painted the villain and the scapegoat.

Agreed. I've stated my position on that point clearly though.

There's a semi-famous video on YouTube where semi-attractive, professional troll Ann Coulter tells an audience of single mums that statistically the best thing they could do for their children would be to give them up for adoption.

Rather than actually go after her cherry picked stats, they just went after her with statements along the lines of 'my personal experience trumps your statistics' and hence it became a video about how stupid liberals are than how a conservative using fuzzy logic got her ass handed to her. "

Thank you! At the moment i survive on £220 a month from PIP, they were also willing to come to my home, ESA originally wanted me to go to an assessment centre that was 2.5hours away for 9am which was impossible to get to. I think that sector needs a bit of a head wobble and actually speak to surgeons etc who know exactly what the person is going through rather than someone who isnt a specialist or a dr yo make these very important decisions

Whenever i see anything that starts at 9am i think "dickhead organiser". Thankfully i bill most my travel to the person hosting it so i often have to call and ask if they wouldn't prefer me to bill them for an off-peak travel ticket instead or a peak one and a hotel the night before - or is there some grand reason that all meetings need to start at 9am? "

Oh yeah.. these wanted me to get 4 taxis, two trains and cover it all myself first then pay back in 6-8 weeks!!

There is no crucial need for appointments at 9am etc when people live so far from the location!

Slough

We are allowed to be outraged by multiple things at the same time!

I did not forget...that was kind of the point of my comment.

I always find that the majority of people who go on these rants about people on benefits, calling them scroungers, lazy etc, and blame them for the problems in our economy, often forget that they're a mear drop in the ocean and it's not them damaging our country.

"

Well both are damaging the country to be precise.

"

Sadly we are living in a time where the rich get richer at the expense of the low income person and people relying on the state are painted the villain and the scapegoat. "

Well that's not really true over any sustained period. You don't really believe that someone in the bottom quartile of incomes is really living worse now than they were 1,000 years ago or even 150 years ago? Maybe 8 years ago it's true but humans have been around for about 200,000 years you know.

Good news.

It's shit when the people that need help don't get it because of the numpties.

The saving grace is that you've just found yourself on a lot of people's block lists for your efforts

It's nice that you have bothered to read the whole thread and not just jumped to the conclusion that I was ranting about some one in your situation which I wasnt."

I see benefit fraud going on all around me in the area i live plus through my job but i dont see any tax evasion etc going on. So im more vocal about benefit fraud.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"No ! Not another benefits thread. I blame channel 5. I do not mind paying tax. You never know what's around the corner. Yeah a few do scrounge but must are trying their best to find work or have young children or care for a friend or relative. Some have a physical or mental disability. It's a safety net any of us might fall into."

Yet some of us have been able to care for children, elderly relatives and work without once bothering the state, as providing for our family is our own responsibility.

That said I do think Chanel Five have a lot to answer for and should hang their heads in shame. The people they highlight all seem vulnerable to me, in need of help not ridicule.

"I see benefit fraud going on all around me in the area i live plus through my job but i dont see any tax evasion etc going on. So im more vocal about benefit fraud. "

Out of interest do you report the cheats?

I'm here to defend the shift workers who meet at 11am on a Tuesday morning!

"I see benefit fraud going on all around me in the area i live plus through my job but i dont see any tax evasion etc going on. So im more vocal about benefit fraud.

Out of interest do you report the cheats? "

Yes.

By *ouble_CreamCouple  over a year ago

cheltenham

"If it's good enough for the Royals it's good enough for me "

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Don't know any backstories of people on here who claim benefits. Nor do I care.

If they are happy with that, so be it.

If they have the drive, determination and good fortune in securing a job, good on them.

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

pensioners (if we ignore what MPs pay themselves) take the biggest cuts. yeah go get a job you lazy retired fuckers.

•+• Access Denied •+•

The difference being that Pensioners have **mostly** worked hard ALL their lives and some (not all) have paid a fortune in tax and National Insurance over the 40/50/60 years that they have worked.... in a lot of cases, such pensioners **not all**) have also had to ensure poverty and some of the older one's face atrocities during the first and second World Wars that some of us can't begin to imagine...... so I personally believe that they have earned and worked for the right to have a reasonably comfortable retirement and pension..... although that is far from the case for a lot of pensioners on a state pension of less than £100 per week!"

nobody alive now (in the uk) has been in any world war, they're all died*.

interesting fact though, the last ever veteran to die from ww1 was a uk lady who was 110 when she passed.

*one is still alive from ww2 and he is 98 now. he is the last one.

Point of order. Ask those that Lived during the war, there are still survivors who endured hardship.

Thanks OP- it's taken all day to read this thread. Very illuminating.

Of course, I don't have time to read this kind of thing during the week. Too busy working and claiming benefits!

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"Shift work

On holiday

Retired

Work from home..."

Lottery winners

The difference being that Pensioners have **mostly** worked hard ALL their lives and some (not all) have paid a fortune in tax and National Insurance over the 40/50/60 years that they have worked.... in a lot of cases, such pensioners **not all**) have also had to ensure poverty and some of the older one's face atrocities during the first and second World Wars that some of us can't begin to imagine...... so I personally believe that they have earned and worked for the right to have a reasonably comfortable retirement and pension..... although that is far from the case for a lot of pensioners on a state pension of less than £100 per week!

interesting fact though, the last ever veteran to die from ww1 was a uk lady who was 110 when she passed.

*one is still alive from ww2 and he is 98 now. he is the last one."

How is there no veterans left from any world war my grandad is very much alive he served in the navy during ww2 97 years old and a great man.

"Don't know any backstories of people on here who claim benefits. Nor do I care.

If they are happy with that, so be it.

If they have the drive, determination and good fortune in securing a job, good on them. "

So good to see you -- that's made my day

•+• Access Denied •+•

How is there no veterans left from any world war my grandad is very much alive he served in the navy during ww2 97 years old and a great man."

i googled for stats, found that answer. i actually thought they were all dead but figured i'd best check first. all i found is one 98 yr old alive from ww2 in the uk.

King's Crustacean

He's the exception.

How is there no veterans left from any world war my grandad is very much alive he served in the navy during ww2 97 years old and a great man.

i googled for stats, found that answer. i actually thought they were all dead but figured i'd best check first. all i found is one 98 yr old alive from ww2 in the uk."

Oh right well I best ring him up and tell him he is ment to have died and must be a miracle. That's why these threads always get taken out of context misinformed information given as facts.

Out of curiosity how on earth did you steer a fab conversation to that?

i googled for stats, found that answer. i actually thought they were all dead but figured i'd best check first. all i found is one 98 yr old alive from ww2 in the uk."

By *Devil77Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

I get 17 weeks a year off my job through shift work...so.im available Tuesdays at 11am 17 times a year

According to The Office for national Statistics, over half a million people were aged 90 and over in uk in 2015.

I'm sure a few of them are WW2 veterans and still alive.

Do you mean fought in the war or lived through it as there's loads of people who where kids in ww2 my dad for one.

Anyone over the age of 72 was alive during ww2 which is a pretty large group

This is the problem with just googling.

People fail to apply any critical thought now and just regurgitate search results.

Are you sure it wasn't a "noteable" survivor ie medal winner etc

i googled for stats, found that answer. i actually thought they were all dead but figured i'd best check first. all i found is one 98 yr old alive from ww2 in the uk.

Do you mean fought in the war or lived through it as there's loads of people who where kids in ww2 my dad for one.

Anyone over the age of 72 was alive during ww2 which is a pretty large group

"

My mum is 76 and she was a child during ww2 as were several of my aunts and uncles.

Oh hey though given all the sniping "I pay tax etc" posts.

You are net recipient (ie you take from the state). If you earn less than 35k a year taking into account average consumption of aervices.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

London

Mean while Starbucks, Google, Banks, Politicians are laughing.

•+• Access Denied •+•

People fail to apply any critical thought now and just regurgitate search results.

Are you sure it wasn't a "noteable" survivor ie medal winner etc"

i googled for veterans.

"Mean while Starbucks, Google, Banks, Politicians are laughing."

Meanwhile people still fail to understand that avoision is not wrong.

It's actually a bit of a misnomer calling it avoision it's just paying the correct amount.

Have a pension, an ISA, member of a bike to work scheme e etc is all tax avoidance

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

you should see the messages we get on ebay from these people the excuses they use until they get there benefit money, then they use the excuse they have a certain amount and need a discount

i googled for veterans."

At least 4 uk ww2 vets where in the news last year campaigning for remain so...

i googled for veterans."

Well Google has lied to you.

Slough

"Mean while Starbucks, Google, Banks, Politicians are laughing.

It's actually a bit of a misnomer calling it avoision it's just paying the correct amount.

Have a pension, an ISA, member of a bike to work scheme e etc is all tax avoidance "

Legal and moral behaviour are not the same thing. Whilst they might have managed to squeeze an interpretation of the rules that could be deemed legal, it's pretty obvious that there's a moral issue with giant multi nationals pay a lower tax % than your local hairdresser.

Have a pension, an ISA, member of a bike to work scheme e etc is all tax avoidance

Legal and moral behaviour are not the same thing. Whilst they might have managed to squeeze an interpretation of the rules that could be deemed legal, it's pretty obvious that there's a moral issue with giant multi nationals pay a lower tax % than your local hairdresser. "

Do you avoid tax?

•+• Access Denied •+•

i googled for veterans.

At least 4 uk ww2 vets where in the news last year campaigning for remain so..."

ok, well i didn't find that info but will take your word for it.

nobody has posted for a while so i don't feel bad taking up the topic by replying.

Thought this would be run out by now

Slough

Legal and moral behaviour are not the same thing. Whilst they might have managed to squeeze an interpretation of the rules that could be deemed legal, it's pretty obvious that there's a moral issue with giant multi nationals pay a lower tax % than your local hairdresser.

Do you avoid tax?"

Your question suggests you missed the point I was trying to make. Corporation tax is 19% of profits. When profitable companies are paying single digit figures of corporation tax over a sustained period then they are doing something immoral, even if it's legal.

Ohhhhh my goodness 3-some Queen that is a ridiculous statement....

I was not referring to just veterans, but ordinary pensioners who endured the hardships of one or 2 World Wars and a LARGE proportion of whom are still very much alive and DESERVE a pension!

As someone on here mentioned, anyone over the age of 70 were alive during WW2 and they are a pretty large group!!!

•+• Access Denied •+•

"Funny when we talk about benefits the £108 billion that goes to pensions never gets mentioned

Ohhhhh my goodness 3-some Queen that is a ridiculous statement....

I was not referring to just veterans, but ordinary pensioners who endured the hardships of one or 2 World Wars and a LARGE proportion of whom are still very much alive and DESERVE a pension!

As someone on here mentioned, anyone over the age of 70 were alive during WW2 and they are a pretty large group!!! "

fgured out i'm crap at finding statistics, just googled how many criminals were alive in ww2 and are alive now and all i'm getting is war criminals alive now results.

might be time to find a new search engine.

i'd no idea you'd taken that ill. hope it gets sorted asap if it can be

Yup, my left femur is compacted into my pelvis, i have bone spur on the femur as result causing friction, osteoarthritis in both hips because of it, the hip is why my knee and ankle is messed up as my entire right leg is misaligned so I need replacement hips, knee and cartilage, nerve damage on my sciatic nerve which runs all down my right side.

Combined with severe stress, anxiety and diagnosed with MDD which they are unsure if brought on because of how much pain im in or had already!

Right now I live on a cocktail of medicines! "

that's...alot (mr state the obvious) i don't have any great or wise words to say other than nobody needs that in their life...hope at some point i read your well mended up. you've alot to go through, but your pretty tough so may that help.

i'm probably the last person on this green earth you'd ask but if you need owt

Elevenses is perfect for popping something extra into your mouth by indulging it can give you extra energy

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"so I personally believe that they have earned and worked for the right to have a reasonably comfortable retirement and pension..... although that is far from the case for a lot of pensioners on a state pension of less than £100 per week! "

if you are going to send the conversation in this direction then i have to factually correct you....

where there may be people on very low state pensions (ans they are very very rare) there is actually a minimum income guarentee for single/married pensioners...

so if ALL of their pensionable income is below that minimum... they use pension credit to top it up to that minimum........

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"There are a couple of people who have been open about being on benefits.

Is it something to hide ?"

I didn't say that

By *lmostthereMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Never let facts or reason get in the way of a good story.