FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What size

What size

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What size do you stop being curvy and become fat

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What size do you stop being curvy and become fat"

I don't think there is except for in your head. What do you think OP?

By *airymagicWoman  over a year ago

goblin city

When you as the op decide I'm fat but I'm confident a few would say curvy

Well I'm edging closer to fat. Need a running buddy.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Size 14 and a half

You can be fat and curvy

"Size 14 and a half "

Buddha belly

Mummy tummy

Spare tyres

Any good?

Isn't the standard answer on here 42?

(Or is it 'your mum'? )

But seriously, subjective isn't it? You can be both, by the way!

I don't think dress size is a fair example of being curvy. A 6ft woman could be a size 18 and have a flat stomach and not much fat. A 5ft woman at size 18 would be fat.

Curvy isn't about dress size. I was curvy when I was size 6 cos I had 32D boobs and a big bum and thighs but with definition. I'm size 10/12 now and I'm not curvy I'm fat. I have no visible abs anymore, instead I have a soft belly with a roll when I sit down.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

When the doctor says so

"When the doctor says so "

A doctor would state over weight or obese. Not curvy or fat.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

If it goes in and out then curvy, if it's curved like a globe then probably fat. I'm fat but people think it's flattering to say curvy.

By *arvin35Man  over a year ago

penrith

I don't think you ladies are the best to judge this as you all think you're about 4 sizes bigger than you really are.

If you still have the definition of a waist from thighs and chest I would say curvy, bigger than that would be something lose but I don't like the word fat

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

"If it goes in and out then curvy, if it's curved like a globe then probably fat. I'm fat but people think it's flattering to say curvy.

"

Well not a thumb for you being fat but more that's how I feel about it. I know I'm fat.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Well I'm fat with curves

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I think this has already been done today already!

Try again tomorrow!

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I'm happy

"I don't think dress size is a fair example of being curvy. A 6ft woman could be a size 18 and have a flat stomach and not much fat. A 5ft woman at size 18 would be fat.

Curvy isn't about dress size. I was curvy when I was size 6 cos I had 32D boobs and a big bum and thighs but with definition. I'm size 10/12 now and I'm not curvy I'm fat. I have no visible abs anymore, instead I have a soft belly with a roll when I sit down. "

"What size do you stop being curvy and become fat

I don't think dress size is a fair example of being curvy. A 6ft woman could be a size 18 and have a flat stomach and not much fat. A 5ft woman at size 18 would be fat.

Curvy isn't about dress size. I was curvy when I was size 6 cos I had 32D boobs and a big bum and thighs but with definition. I'm size 10/12 now and I'm not curvy I'm fat. I have no visible abs anymore, instead I have a soft belly with a roll when I sit down. "

Size 10/12 isn't fat and 'a' roll when you sit down certainly isn't! Young girls dont need to be thinking that a size 10 is fat

"I don't think you ladies are the best to judge this as you all think you're about 4 sizes bigger than you really are.

If you still have the definition of a waist from thighs and chest I would say curvy, bigger than that would be something lose but I don't like the word fat"

It's a perfectly good descriptive word. The problem comes with the fact that it has become loaded with negative connotations, which really don't help anyone. If we can just be clear that fat is a description and not a pejorative term then it might be easier for fat people, like me to, to address it.

Reading these comments I've jumped from curvy to fat.

Feeling a bit crest fallen

"Well I'm edging closer to fat. Need a running buddy. "
No your not even close

Curvy isn't about dress size. I was curvy when I was size 6 cos I had 32D boobs and a big bum and thighs but with definition. I'm size 10/12 now and I'm not curvy I'm fat. I have no visible abs anymore, instead I have a soft belly with a roll when I sit down.

Size 10/12 isn't fat and 'a' roll when you sit down certainly isn't! Young girls dont need to be thinking that a size 10 is fat "

I'm not a young girl. I'm almost 34 years old and 5'3 with a very slight build. I'm bigger than I've ever been my whole adult life. I'm carrying extra weight, I know I'm fatter than what my frame should be carrying. I've cruised between 15 and 18% body fat most my life and now it's nowhere near that because I don't train anymore and I eat shit.

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

curvy used to mean voluptuous or shapely, it doesn't any more it now actually means fat.

"Reading these comments I've jumped from curvy to fat.

Feeling a bit crest fallen "

Don't. It's a destructive mindset.

I love something I read on a thread once: if only I was as fat as the first time I thought I was fat.

Someone will be along to point out the relationship between calories in, calories expended and fatness but miss the point about the relationship we all have with what's going on in our heads and those calories in and calories expended. The language we use, with the loading of some words, adds to that emotional response.

I love something I read on a thread once: if only I was as fat as the first time I thought I was fat.

Someone will be along to point out the relationship between calories in, calories expended and fatness but miss the point about the relationship we all have with what's going on in our heads and those calories in and calories expended. The language we use, with the loading of some words, adds to that emotional response.

"

You're right. I know i won't be like this forever (recent gym membership will ensure this) but when you hear someone who looks great say they're fat, where does that leave the rest of us?

I'm off to munch on a cake to console myself

By *ango0505Woman  over a year ago

Dumfries

Showing my age here but I remember the special K advertisement;

"If you can pinch more than an inch, you may need to diet

"Well I'm edging closer to fat. Need a running buddy. "

I know a way to burn a few calories

I'm only 5ft 2" and a size 14! I have thick thighs, big arse but small boobs ......... I'd say I was a chubby pear NOT curvy because I don't have slim arms and legs!

I always thought curvy just means they're body has an average/slim sized limbs n waist but extra meet on boobs and bum?

"Showing my age here but I remember the special K advertisement;

"If you can pinch more than an inch, you may need to diet "

Grabs a handful

"Well I'm edging closer to fat. Need a running buddy.

I know a way to burn a few calories "

Will you be my running buddy?

You're right. I know i won't be like this forever (recent gym membership will ensure this) but when you hear someone who looks great say they're fat, where does that leave the rest of us?

I'm off to munch on a cake to console myself "

Exactly, we take on the loaded, implied meanings of these words and then end up eating to console ourselves. Let go of these connotations and get back to that feeling you had about joining the gym and being who you want to be.

Size 10/12 isn't fat and 'a' roll when you sit down certainly isn't! Young girls dont need to be thinking that a size 10 is fat "

im size 12 and im not bloody fat thank you how rude

I'm off to munch on a cake to console myself

Exactly, we take on the loaded, implied meanings of these words and then end up eating to console ourselves. Let go of these connotations and get back to that feeling you had about joining the gym and being who you want to be.

"

I've put the cake back

After reading this I feel like a beached whale.feck.I never realised a 10/12 was FAT.jaysus

I'm fat with curves

"Well I'm edging closer to fat. Need a running buddy.

I know a way to burn a few calories

Will you be my running buddy? "

Of course...what else could I have on mind

Size 10/12 isn't fat and 'a' roll when you sit down certainly isn't! Young girls dont need to be thinking that a size 10 is fat

I'm not a young girl. I'm almost 34 years old and 5'3 with a very slight build. I'm bigger than I've ever been my whole adult life. I'm carrying extra weight, I know I'm fatter than what my frame should be carrying. I've cruised between 15 and 18% body fat most my life and now it's nowhere near that because I don't train anymore and I eat shit. "

yeah same in 5'3 and the biggest I've ever been but also the happiest ive ever learn to love them extre bits of you come on its it's only abit of belly your size bloody 12 not size 32

When you don't have a waist.

"After reading this I feel like a beached whale.feck.I never realised a 10/12 was FAT.jaysus "

it's not hunni just some people are not happy in there own skin and instead of doing something about they just sit around and moan and tgen try saying size 10/12 is fat when actually it's nit it's healthy

I'm not a young girl. I'm almost 34 years old and 5'3 with a very slight build. I'm bigger than I've ever been my whole adult life. I'm carrying extra weight, I know I'm fatter than what my frame should be carrying. I've cruised between 15 and 18% body fat most my life and now it's nowhere near that because I don't train anymore and I eat shit. "

I didn't say YOU were a young girl I said young girls (in the world) don't need to think size 10 is fat. You may well be 'fatter' than you've ever been but you aren't fat by any stretch of the imagination

"When you don't have a waist."

Not strictly true. As you can have a waist and be fat.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

That is all down to the individual, as so many people have different ideas on the subject.

I'm not a young girl. I'm almost 34 years old and 5'3 with a very slight build. I'm bigger than I've ever been my whole adult life. I'm carrying extra weight, I know I'm fatter than what my frame should be carrying. I've cruised between 15 and 18% body fat most my life and now it's nowhere near that because I don't train anymore and I eat shit.

I didn't say YOU were a young girl I said young girls (in the world) don't need to think size 10 is fat. You may well be 'fatter' than you've ever been but you aren't fat by any stretch of the imagination "

I KNOW part of the reason I am fat is because I was told, often, that I was fat at a size 10 when young. It made me unhappy and led to me seeing myself as fat and ugly. I got happier once I accepted my view of me and not the one suggested by others.

By *egs11ABCWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

If got very little confidence in myself because of other people's perception of my size. I know im lucky to have good long legs and good boobs.

But I have to say I'm a size 18 and know I'm prefer to say overweight and having joined the gym I'm trying to lose my tum. But iv had comments from guys on here from "ur gorgeous" or "ur perfect the way u r" to " curvy surely u mean fat". The latter comment tells me a lot about the person's personality!!!!

So in answer to it question everybodies perception of curvy and fat are totally different x

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Some call me very curvy, some call me fat. Personally I don't give two hoots, I love my curves and that's all that matters lol

By *XandMXCouple  over a year ago

South east

I'm fat I'm a size 18 , got big thick legs , wings , belly , flabby I don't feel confident naked at all, yet I've lost 5 stone & dropped 4 /5 dress sizes & hitting the gym hard! I'm getting there , (not sure where I'm getting to lol) I'm not curvy , although where my legs meet my ankles there's definitely a bit of curve there

Me? I dunno.

"After reading this I feel like a beached whale.feck.I never realised a 10/12 was FAT.jaysus

it's not hunni just some people are not happy in there own skin and instead of doing something about they just sit around and moan and tgen try saying size 10/12 is fat when actually it's nit it's healthy "

It's my body and I can say whatever I want about it. I have got fat on my stomach, that's what it's called, it's called fat, it's not called anything else. I've never been this size before, it's been a gradual progression over the last couple of years, it's because I don't train at all and I'm eating shit so size 10/12 on me is fat because I used to be size 6/8 and couldn't grab rolls on my body. I'm not blaming anyone for it, when I sink a 12 inch pizza to myself and drink a full fat I know I'm not helping, maybe when I haven't got stressful things going on I can get back to being healthy.

By *easeTasticWoman  over a year ago

March

I'm fat , I've got curves, I'm happy !!

All ladys have curves regardless of size.

In my eyes you just get more curvy lol

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Depends on your height, how the weight is distributed.

» Add a new message to this topic