FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > spelling/grammer

spelling/grammer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just want to put this out there to the people who take the piss out of people who don't spell properly and who don't use grammer . I have dyslexia and have always struggled with spelling so to all the shallow people who wants to constantly correct me you can stick your opinions up your ass

Sorry rant over

Does anyone else receive abuse for spelling ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it fab bingo day today?

Yes I struggle too n I find auto correct useless sometimes cos if I don't know how to spell the word in the first place I'm snookerd.

PTU xxx

Anyone who give you abuse about that is less intelligent than they'd like too think they are .....

Just ignore them, they have nothing of value to add to your enjoyment of this site

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Much prefer someone to put effort in with bad spelling than perfect spelling with little effort

"I just want to put this out there to the people who take the piss out of people who don't spell properly and who don't use grammer . I have dyslexia and have always struggled with spelling so to all the shallow people who wants to constantly correct me you can stick your opinions up your ass

Sorry rant over

Does anyone else receive abuse for spelling ? "

yes....there are numerous threads dedicated to it...

Obviously if someone has learning difficulties, dyslexia or dyspraxia then spelling mistakes and bad grammar are more explainable but most of those with atrocious syntax and who prefer to use text speak are usually just incredibly lazy...

I put alot of effort into my messages i proof read everything i type as i don't want to be told "learn how to spell " alot of people are quite understanding but there are some who really don't care if they offend someone

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

It's the content not the delivery.

Some people can create the most grammatically perfect and eloquent posts on here yet they clearly don't know wether to go for a shit or a hair cut.

Your writing seems ok, regardless of your spelling, or grammer [sic]. I don't see why you should be receiving abuse for it.

Some people, however, write unintelligible posts - and I can understand why they attract derision.

Using correct spellings and good grammar don't necessarily stop people launching attacks on the content of a forum post either, I'm afraid.

Your spelling and grammar doesn't come across as that bad. More things to worry about than the odd misspelled word. And there are plenty of eloquent people on here who use bad grammar. Just ignore whoever it is, says more about them than it does you. X

Maybe mention you have dyslexia on your profile. You shouldn't have to, but may reduce people ranting.

"Your spelling and grammar doesn't come across as that bad. More things to worry about than the odd misspelled word. And there are plenty of eloquent people on here who use bad grammar. Just ignore whoever it is, says more about them than it does you. X "

It takes me a long time to correct but at least i put alot of effort in

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Hi op

It wouldnt bother us and some well known forumites are dyslexic .

Dont let people get to you,some just look for faults.

Miss

"I just want to put this out there to the people who take the piss out of people who don't spell properly and who don't use grammer . I have dyslexia and have always struggled with spelling so to all the shallow people who wants to constantly correct me you can stick your opinions up your ass

Sorry rant over

I don't ever criticise anyone's spelling or grammar, but boy does it fuck with my OCD! lol

"It's the content not the delivery.

Some people can create the most grammatically perfect and eloquent posts on here yet they clearly don't know wether to go for a shit or a hair cut."

Do hairy shits count?

Ffs

Get a life!!!

It's the tinternet for ya...a bit of fun not an examination....

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

As a dyslexic myself I struggle with spelling on a daily basis.

Considering my job requires me to write reports I sometimes can spend hours making corrections.

Auto correct and spell check do not help a lot of the time as they add the wrong words.

I have just developed my own coping strategies over the years as school and F E just did not understand or help.

I think because I struggle I have become quite critical of text speak and poor grammar and spelling. However I never would be openly critical to someone else I don't know as they maybe dyslexic like me.

It is the incorrect use of there, their, weather, whether, your and you're that make me cringe the most.

But would never correct you.

Anyway that's my two penny worth.

You tell them op. I've got your back, they're just a bunch of twotts.

As much as your rant is perfectly acceptable, there's a camp that won't meet us or even talk to us because can't spell or miss place apostrophes or don't use punctuation or dead good grammar.. We just have to accept it.

So I just ignore them.

"Ffs

Get a life!!!

It's the tinternet for ya...a bit of fun not an examination...."

It's people like you who I'm talking about

in the night garden

Some people can create the most grammatically perfect and eloquent posts on here yet they clearly don't know wether to go for a shit or a hair cut.

Do hairy shits count? "

No I don't do hairy shits and stop calling me Count!

"Is it fab bingo day today?

Yes I struggle too n I find auto correct useless sometimes cos if I don't know how to spell the word in the first place I'm snookerd.

PTU xxx"

Used to get in trouble at school because my response to teachers was "if I can't spell a word how can I look it up in a dictionary" No, I'm not being flippant.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Sorry rant over

We'll sed op

"Your spelling and grammar doesn't come across as that bad. More things to worry about than the odd misspelled word. And there are plenty of eloquent people on here who use bad grammar. Just ignore whoever it is, says more about them than it does you. X

It takes me a long time to correct but at least i put alot of effort in "

And that is more preferable. I have a daughter who's dyslexic so I'm very sympathetic towards anyone who struggles with their writing. X

Do hairy shits count?

Haha...do hairy shits, count Count?

No I don't do hairy shits and stop calling me Count!"

"Ffs

Get a life!!!

It's people like you who I'm talking about "

if it wasn't me it be someone else

in the night garden

Do hairy shits count?

Haha...do hairy shits, count Count?

No I don't do hairy shits and stop calling me Count!"

OK yes!

"Ffs

Get a life!!!

It's people like you who I'm talking about if it wasn't me it be someone else "

...,It would be...lol.

By *avrick15Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Sorry rant over

Obviously if someone has learning difficulties, dyslexia or dyspraxia then spelling mistakes and bad grammar are more explainable but most of those with atrocious syntax and who prefer to use text speak are usually just incredibly lazy...

"

this

Descaplculia!!!!!

"Is it fab bingo day today?

PTU xxx

Used to get in trouble at school because my response to teachers was "if I can't spell a word how can I look it up in a dictionary" No, I'm not being flippant."

Exactly! You have to almost be correct for the dam thing to work and for you to find a word in the dictionary. The English language is the hardest language to learn. Xxx

Sorry rant over

this"

Seconded

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

"Ffs

Get a life!!!

It's the tinternet for ya...a bit of fun not an examination...."

The thing is: you may think it's the first time the person has heard it, but the person involved has probably heard it for the 100th time. It's pretty disheartening when you've tried so hard and spent a lot of time composing a piece of writing, when it can appear as if a primary school child wrote it or that the person was too lazy to proofread. Proofreading can take ages and even then, mistakes can still be missed!

OP: I have dyslexia, too, and understand the prejudice and discrimination, because of it. I think text speak usually annoys people more, than the odd typo - it does for us. What I do if there's a word I'm not sure of the spelling, I google it! There are also software to help dyslexics, i.e. 'Read and Write Gold', which talks to you as you write the words. It helped me with my degree. Anyway, if people are being rude to you because of it, then you've have a lucky escape.

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

my spelling is awesome, gotta say. i did a lot of crosswords when my kids were little and learned loads of words then and how to spell them.

everything else grammar is shit but nobody says anything. doubt they even care.

While the op has raised a valid point, I can also sympathise with women wading through hundreds of "fancy a fuck" messages deleting messages without reading them on the simply because of the poor spelling. Must confess to receiving messages with bad spelling or txt msg and simply deleting because I can't be bothered trying to decipher it.

Lazy

[Removed by poster at 29/06/17 12:19:02]

Dyslexia is no excuse to be so offensive about it. And anyway, sticking something up my ass isn't going to stop so many people spelling lose as loose.

Dyslexia is a problem but so is poor communication. I used to spell definite wrong - definate - then somebody on a forum corrected me. Did I tell them to stick their opinion up their ass? No. Did I accuse them of being a nazi? Pth, like the nazis were really all about universal education. No, I just thanked them and never misspelled the word again.

It really is that simple.

Rant over.

By *avrick15Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"Dyslexia is no excuse to be so offensive about it. And anyway, sticking something up my ass isn't going to stop so many people spelling lose as loose.

Dyslexia is a problem but so is poor communication. I used to spell definite wrong - definate - then somebody on a forum corrected me. Did I tell them to stick their opinion up their ass? No. Did I accuse them of being a nazi? Pth, like the nazis were really all about universal education. No, I just thanked them and never misspelled the word again.

It really is that simple.

Rant over."

Keep sticking something up your ass something will get loose for sure

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

I like good spelling and grammar, I like to receive a well written message, just the same as everyone else has likes and dislikes, I detest text speech and lols though, I delete and block for that.

By *osheaMan  over a year ago

manchester

Hate the spelling police. On another forum last week a guy did just that and the next post someone highlighted he had made a mistake.

"I like good spelling and grammar, I like to receive a well written message, just the same as everyone else has likes and dislikes, I detest text speech and lols though, I delete and block for that."
A bit penickity....I'd say lol

Soz

"I like good spelling and grammar, I like to receive a well written message, just the same as everyone else has likes and dislikes, I detest text speech and lols though, I delete and block for that."

Im with you on this. I can forgive obvious typos but when someone cant be arsed to string a sentence together and read back what they send, then I will usually reply I dont understand what they are saying. I am not rude and would never mock anyone who cannot spell or has dyslexia.

» Add a new message to this topic