FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hillsborough Charges

Hillsborough Charges

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just announced that 6 people will face charges over the Hillsborough disaster which saw 96 people lose their lives.

#JFT96

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And about time as well. Also 2 more are being investigated. X

"Just announced that 6 people will face charges over the Hillsborough disaster which saw 96 people lose their lives.

#JFT96"

I've just read this.

Good it's finally being done but IMO why not done years ago?

Makes me sad they've got away with it for so long.

Throw the editor of that newspaper in the docks as well while they're at it

As someone who watched the tragedy live on TV all those years ago I was suckered into believing the account of events reported by the media and police at that time....

Obviously I was totally wrong...

So I'm pleased too see this latest development and hope justice prevails

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Jft96

About damn time! I watched it live too and at first it seemed like a pitch invasion. I thought at time perhaps people trying to escape a fire. Clear something wasn't right .

Totally agree! Better late than never and the public are being urged to be mindful of what enters the public domain about the case and the individuals concerned for fear of jeopardising the case

"Jft96

About damn time! I watched it live too and at first it seemed like a pitch invasion. I thought at time perhaps people trying to escape a fire. Clear something wasn't right . "

I remember back in those days crowd surging was part and parcel of attending big games and I'm sure those fans at the back had little idea of the deadly situation at the front .....

That and the Bradford fire were totally avoidable events

Only 6 there should be a lot more every one who changed there statement about what happened that day. Who ever was in charged of the Sun should also be charged.

By *orksbiguyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

been 27 years too long

kelvin mckenzie should be in the dock for all the lies he printed in the s*n and has spent all this time still lying about it

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Ok I know my thoughts are going to controversial and I know some people may block me for this but here goes

First of all no one should go to a football match and not come home

After watching a number of documentaries on the subject, as well as articles. This should have happened years ago. Within a year. To have it drag on has not only extended the grief for the families but also for Liverpool

I must now say yes it is about time the police got prosecuted for their negligence, and altering statments.

Now this is the part that I know is going to cause an issue

I know a number of fans that went prior to that match and said Wednesdays ground was a shithole, that was a danger. As a football fan that travels regularly, if I am going to a ground where I maybe don't know so well or it's a big ground I like to make sure I am in the ground early.

After seeing the footage it definatley looks like a number of fans outside the ground far to close to kick off, Should the game been delayed - hell yes.

However some responsibility has to lie with fans, English fans have a tendency to turn up at a ground 10 mins before kick off and expect to get it. Now what was the reason why so many fans were outside of the ground has never been really mentioned.

Why were the three pens filler rather than the central pen filled, again were people moving in to to the wider pens l, again probably not because as football fans we like to stand behind the goal.

I appreciate the inquest to say Liverpool fans were innocent. Now I know again that in the 80s fake tickets were 10 a penny, and lads were gibbing in all over the shop.

Anyway what I am trying to say, yes the police were to blame, yes the stadium was a shithole but to have so many fans turning up 20 mins before kick off for a fa cup semi final raises questions and i for one know what my thoughts are

"Ok I know my thoughts are going to controversial and I know some people may block me for this but here goes

After watching a number of documentaries on the subject, as well as articles. This should have happened years ago. Within a year. To have it drag on has not only extended the grief for the families but also for Liverpool

I must now say yes it is about time the police got prosecuted for their negligence, and altering statments.

I know a number of fans that went prior to that match and said Wednesdays ground was a shithole, that was a danger. As a football fan that travels regularly, if I am going to a ground where I maybe don't know so well or it's a big ground I like to make sure I am in the ground early.

After seeing the footage it definatley looks like a number of fans outside the ground far to close to kick off, Should the game been delayed - hell yes.

However some responsibility has to lie with fans, English fans have a tendency to turn up at a ground 10 mins before kick off and expect to get it. Now what was the reason why so many fans were outside of the ground has never been really mentioned.

Why were the three pens filler rather than the central pen filled, again were people moving in to to the wider pens l, again probably not because as football fans we like to stand behind the goal.

I appreciate the inquest to say Liverpool fans were innocent. Now I know again that in the 80s fake tickets were 10 a penny, and lads were gibbing in all over the shop.

Anyway what I am trying to say, yes the police were to blame, yes the stadium was a shithole but to have so many fans turning up 20 mins before kick off for a fa cup semi final raises questions and i for one know what my thoughts are "

That isn't completely controversial as you do raise some valid points. Not to say I agree with them but certainly not unsayable or illogical.

On the whole I think we are all guilty of applying modern thinking to historic issues/scenarios and there in lies much of the discrepancy with the 'ifs' and 'whys'

I intend to make myself far more familiar with the facts as they are known prior to the cases being tried. I'd welcome advice on where reputable information can be sourced

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

"Ok I know my thoughts are going to controversial and I know some people may block me for this but here goes

Anyway what I am trying to say, yes the police were to blame, yes the stadium was a shithole but to have so many fans turning up 20 mins before kick off for a fa cup semi final raises questions and i for one know what my thoughts are "

This issues were all raised in the original inquiry by Lord Justice Taylor.

The previous year the Police ordered everyone into queues outside the ground well before the fans even reached the stadium. This was not done.

The number of fans arriving late, was no different to the numbers in previous games including several others at the same stadium.

When the gate was opened outside the ground, fans were not directed to the side pens which were empty. It was the role of the police and of the stewards to do this.

The police allowed the fans to 'find their own level' within the ground.

The tunnel which led to the central pens where everyone died was not closed off, it could have been and was done so in previous games.

People were ALREADY DYING in pens 3 and 4 before the gate was opened outside. The pens were already overcrowded before the 'late arriving fans' were let into the ground.

It is not the responsability of someone attending a game to steward the game or Police the game, nor to open or close gates or form queues.The Taylor report made all this very clear in 1989, which laid the blame for the disaster square at 'failure of Police Control' among other factors. I hope that clarifies some of the questions you were asking about.

In them days crowd control was a joke,you had police on horse back just shoving you into line,pushing you thru turn style metal barriers with an old guy taking your money/ticket

I was there that day and lost a good friend,still to this day have bad days and good xx

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

having watched football home and away as a LFC supporter for over 60 years, Hillsbrough was an incident waiting to happen , the police treated the supporters like cattle and did`nt give a shit about them, no lessons were learnt from the tragdedy of Bolton in the late 40s, and why are`nt the FA being Brought to account, they chose the stadium , without checking if they had a safty certificate

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I'm going to be dumb here. I've never been especially keen on the whole concept of institutional culpable homicide and I'm not a football fan so I've only half been following this. Anyone care to explain what and why tnose charged have been? If you'll excuse the poor grammar there.

It's about time,should of happend years ago..Us scousers knew and were right!... I hope it's an awful experience for those bastard's! I hope if they get sent down,they end up with an arse like a wizards sleeve and the S*n get to write about it... A lot of pain,a lot of hurt. JFT96!! YNWA!!

"In them days crowd control was a joke,you had police on horse back just shoving you into line,pushing you thru turn style metal barriers with an old guy taking your money/ticket

I was there that day and lost a good friend,still to this day have bad days and good xx

JUSTICE FOR THE 96 "

I agree back in those days crowd control around the country was pretty rubbish and most stadiums standing areas were getting beyond their ability to host the volume of supporter attending big games .....

I remember Liverpool fans was were synonymous for the way the crowd surged and swayed across the Kop end terrace at Anfield .... you only need to watch old TV footage of Liverpool home games too see it happening ...

Back in the day like many kids I can remember forcing my way into a packed out centre section of the Fulwell End at Roker park just to be part of a similar surge......

It's just what we did and it happened at many grounds around the country on a weekly basis ...

» Add a new message to this topic