FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Shoplifters

Shoplifters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was casually shopping in Lidl and stood looking at the sugar content in some granola bars, when a guy walked past me exclaimed tequila ooooo £14.99 very nice. Picked it off the shelf and pocketed it. Walked off and was gone. Some old woman saw it as well and started laughing, so I went and told the security guard but he never caught them.

They looked like right scrotes high on gear, what would you have done?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd of offerd them a tenner for it

Went and done shots with him

"Went and done shots with him "

me 2

no one likes a grass

"no one likes a grass "

True, but I'm sure if you had your car nicked you would be fuming. And I bet these fuckers would have stolen anything

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I saw a guy get collared by security for trying to nick a few items from Poundland the other day. If yer gonna nick something, you've got to at least do it in style

"no one likes a grass

True, but I'm sure if you had your car nicked you would be fuming. And I bet these fuckers would have stolen anything"

Still a grass

I would have rugby tackled him to the floor and explained that his action puts the prices up for all of us, while at the same time keeping the staffs wages low.

I would also point out that if he robs the same bottle from Waitrose it would double his 5 finger discount...

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"I was casually shopping in Lidl and stood looking at the sugar content in some granola bars, when a guy walked past me exclaimed tequila ooooo £14.99 very nice. Picked it off the shelf and pocketed it. Walked off and was gone. Some old woman saw it as well and started laughing, so I went and told the security guard but he never caught them.

They looked like right scrotes high on gear, what would you have done?"

Grabbed a lime & a pack of salt!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I wouldn't of grassed.

It wasn't a car, It's wring to commit theft but it's low end but theft all the same.

Still wouldn't of grassed.

"no one likes a grass

True, but I'm sure if you had your car nicked you would be fuming. And I bet these fuckers would have stolen anything"

it was not a car just an overpirced bottle of drink

"I wouldn't of grassed.

It wasn't a car, It's wring to commit theft but it's low end but theft all the same.

Still wouldn't of grassed."

This "wouldn't of grassed" thing,

why not?

Where is the limit between being a grass and being a responsible citizen?

Was in Argos one Saturday morning and noticed a shifty looking bloke, after looking at a stand of dvds he slipped one in jacket and left. I told the woman who served me and she told me that they've been told not to confront shoplifters, wtf!

Snitches get stitches

Cardiff

"I wouldn't of grassed.

why not?

"

If it was a lad breaking into a car at Lidls to knick the knicked bottle I would of grassed.

If it was a lad trying to hold up a till operator to knick the money of the same value (£15) I would of grassed.

If I could of been a hero I would of.

As mentioned I don't agree with theft.

In this case Lidl can afford to lose the sale of £15 without too much pain being caused.

In my opinion.

"Was in Argos one Saturday morning and noticed a shifty looking bloke, after looking at a stand of dvds he slipped one in jacket and left. I told the woman who served me and she told me that they've been told not to confront shoplifters, wtf! "

aldi have the same policy

hand over the cctv

as a life is not worth a a dvd or a joint of beef in aldi's case

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Same as you OP. I work in a store and we get stuff stolen fairly often. It's really fucking annoying, if they didn't do it we might get paid a bit more!!!

Same thing, thieves are the reason a 2ltr drink is so expensive!

Cardiff

"Same thing, thieves are the reason a 2ltr drink is so expensive!"

The Chancellor of the exchequer?

The guy with the old briefcase

"Same as you OP. I work in a store and we get stuff stolen fairly often. It's really fucking annoying, if they didn't do it we might get paid a bit more!!! "

doubt that very much you will get paid more

take a look at m&s they found the majority in value of items was stolen by staff

no doubt is ok for staff to nick but not joe shoplifter

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 28/07/17 18:35:09]

"Same thing, thieves are the reason a 2ltr drink is so expensive!"

how can that be asda tesco all the big supermarkets do the 1ltr spirit promotions

well if they can do promotions why not keep the price all year round low

hang we do not want them to loose any money from the billions they make

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I saw a guy who looked extremely hungry,take yogurts a few weeks ago, but I tried not to notice and embarrass him.

I think there are one or two cases where I would gladly offer pay for it given the opportunity, if I felt someone was hungry.

Why are the granola bars next to the tequila?

boots was bought by an overseas investment consortium

profits were over 300 million and they managed to dod tax and pay nothing in the first 3 years of ownership

thats the biggest shoplifter going

"Was in Argos one Saturday morning and noticed a shifty looking bloke, after looking at a stand of dvds he slipped one in jacket and left. I told the woman who served me and she told me that they've been told not to confront shoplifters, wtf! "

ARGOS! If your gonna nick from somewhere at least nick from a shop that displays more then a catalogue

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

well i doubt he'll be nicking anyone's car if he's downed a bottle of tequila.... well not tonight anyway..

They have trained, paid security for that.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Had a monumental tug of war with a shop lifter and a bottle of Teachers in the local COOP. He let go and ended up in the tomatoes and I ended up in the baskets. All while the staff looked on.

"I was casually shopping in Lidl and stood looking at the sugar content in some granola bars, when a guy walked past me exclaimed tequila ooooo £14.99 very nice. Picked it off the shelf and pocketed it. Walked off and was gone. Some old woman saw it as well and started laughing, so I went and told the security guard but he never caught them.

Followed them round the corner and took the bottle off them,after i gave them a couple of digs first

"Had a monumental tug of war with a shop lifter and a bottle of Teachers in the local COOP. He let go and ended up in the tomatoes and I ended up in the baskets. All while the staff looked on. "

Who won the Teachers?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Why are the granola bars next to the tequila?

"

It's Lidl ffs!!, they have Barbecue items & drills next to crisps & tinned pineapple

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Had a monumental tug of war with a shop lifter and a bottle of Teachers in the local COOP. He let go and ended up in the tomatoes and I ended up in the baskets. All while the staff looked on.

Who won the Teachers? "

The lettuce I believe

I've only seen someone shoplifting when I had my Son with me, so we did tell the shop assistants, but I quite like annoying people so I wouldn't hesitate doing it again

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

hahaha you grass

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We should adopt the Arabic way and chop off their hands.

You watch the crime rate drop in an instant.

"In this case Lidl can afford to lose the sale of £15 without too much pain being caused.

In my opinion.

"

Not saying I disagree with you, and also agree with the shop policy of not interfering as safety of staff is more important, but the inference of the term grass is disproval of people doing the right thing.

I run a stall at craft fairs quite often, petty theft can make the difference between a break even day or a loss making day. Watching for shoplifters is bloody annoying and I will stop someone steeling from me if it's £50 or 50p makes no difference.

"Was in Argos one Saturday morning and noticed a shifty looking bloke, after looking at a stand of dvds he slipped one in jacket and left. I told the woman who served me and she told me that they've been told not to confront shoplifters, wtf!

hand over the cctv

as a life is not worth a a dvd or a joint of beef in aldi's case"

To that I'd say we don't live in America and it's a slippery slope to anarchy.

Worcester

"We should adopt the Arabic way and chop off their hands.

You watch the crime rate drop in an instant."

Mind you they would then no doubt be put on benefits so would still end up robbing us

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I work for a major supermarket. A few weeks ago one of our security guards chased a shoplifter stealing alcohol. They jumped into a car that was waiting and ran him over to get away leaving him laying in the car park with head injuries.

Thankfully he wasn't too badly injured and has made a full recovery.

It's all well and good trying to be a hero but the company doesn't pay enough to put your life at risk.

Cardiff

"In this case Lidl can afford to lose the sale of £15 without too much pain being caused.

In my opinion.

Not saying I disagree with you, and also agree with the shop policy of not interfering as safety of staff is more important, but the inference of the term grass is disproval of people doing the right thing.

I run a stall at craft fairs quite often, petty theft can make the difference between a break even day or a loss making day. Watching for shoplifters is bloody annoying and I will stop someone steeling from me if it's £50 or 50p makes no difference."

Yeah same here when I had my business or from my home. In fact I've taken it into my own hands and grassed in the past but it wasn't over a bottle of drink.

But we are talking about a shop that rings in £1000s per minute, that's all.

I'm not anti Lidl, I'd be the same with any large supermarket.

It would be different with your stall, my ex small business or Mr Patel shop four doors down from mine.

I'm not sure what you ment with 'inference' etc sorry, I'm going to guess with:

Inference=definition?

If so to me the word 'grass' means 'tell tale'?

Some instances I'd grass, only some.

This wasn't one of those occasions

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

Stealing is still stealing and makes life difficult for everyone. Imagine if everyone did it!!

"Was in Argos one Saturday morning and noticed a shifty looking bloke, after looking at a stand of dvds he slipped one in jacket and left. I told the woman who served me and she told me that they've been told not to confront shoplifters, wtf!

hand over the cctv

as a life is not worth a a dvd or a joint of beef in aldi's case"

Someone should tell the staff at my local aldi then, because one of their staff members came running out of the shop like Eric Cantona last week, and booted a shoplifter into the middle of the road, I thought the poor thieving FUCKER was going to die right there in the street for a block of cheese and a pack of bacon

I'm genuinely embarrassed you ran to security

In my opinion.

I run a stall at craft fairs quite often, petty theft can make the difference between a break even day or a loss making day. Watching for shoplifters is bloody annoying and I will stop someone steeling from me if it's £50 or 50p makes no difference.

Yeah same here when I had my business or from my home. In fact I've taken it into my own hands and grassed in the past but it wasn't over a bottle of drink.

It would be different with your stall, my ex small business or Mr Patel shop four doors down from mine.

Inference=definition?

"

Selective use if the law generally degenerates into chaos.

They do make thousands but it's about the act itself and the dishonesty.

I hate this concept that there's honour amongst thieves and the like. Don't kid yourself. Choose if you want to do the decent thing. It may run off on others and the way they act too.

Grab the prick by the scruff of the neck and point him toward the lemons and salt

Some fucking people!

"Grab the prick by the scruff of the neck and point him toward the lemons and salt

Some fucking people!

"

By *hinypants77Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Better have nicked some salt and lemon too!

Can't have tequila without them!

Cardiff

In my opinion.

Inference=definition?

Selective use if the law generally degenerates into chaos.

They do make thousands but it's about the act itself and the dishonesty.

I hate this concept that there's honour amongst thieves and the like. Don't kid yourself. Choose if you want to do the decent thing. It may run off on others and the way they act too."

It's important you remember the bit where I say I don't agree with theft. In fact it's vital.

Also the situation. I'm in lidl (mine dosent have security guards).

I look over from the bakery section and see a guy grab a bottle of spirits (£15) and make a run for it.

Would I stop what I'm doing to run to the same door to tell the one guard they have (which mine dont) to tell him 'that guy there has knicked a bottle)?

No I wouldn't.

If my Daughter was with me I wouldn't even need to remind her to never do that, ever. As she already knows not to. I have already passed the lesson down over the last 16 years.

You see now, I'm not kidding anybody. I know what's right and what's wrong and sometimes it better to say nothing at all.

Sadly for the security guard (who has to act, mentioned above) came off worse. It's not worth it.

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

"no one likes a grass

It never hurts to mention to staff that person that just left wearing xxx I think stole yyy then they can keep an eye next time.

Door staff in supermarkets are a sad sign of the times, and guess who pays for them..

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

It's even better when they get caught.

Seen shoppers getting thrown out of shop and the door staff said "if you come back we'll get police"

(Probably just get a slap on the wrist)

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Don't care if it's pack of mints, a bottle of tequila,or a Ferrari, theiving little scrote. I can't just walk into a shop and take what I want. Well done for grassing.

They're not shoplifters until they have left the store, it is only then that they can be stopped. Staff are not trained to deal with these situations and the 'duty of care for staff' means that they should avoid and contact the police.

By *atsun xxxMan  over a year ago

Nr LOUTH Lincolnshire

Well done op

Would shop someone every day of the week without losing sleep

Crime doesn't pay

"

My thoughts exactly???

Gotta laugh at the 'snitches get stitches' and 'grasses' comments Classy!

I'd report it, that's all.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Gotta laugh at the 'snitches get stitches' and 'grasses' comments Classy!

I'd report it, that's all."

I echo this.

We are not at school.

i do get cheap stuff of them when round the doors especially joint of beef for £2-50

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Shops price as high as they can, in order to screw maximum cash from you. Shoplifting doesn't mean you pay more , as they're charging the max already

The real "shop lifters" are our governments who fuck us all up the ass each and everyday whilst they pay themselves huge wages we all end up coughing up for...

Stores have insurance policies in place for stolen stock and they have no intention of paying people more now people are settling for being paid less

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"The real "shop lifters" are our governments who fuck us all up the ass each and everyday whilst they pay themselves huge wages we all end up coughing up for...

Stores have insurance policies in place for stolen stock and they have no intention of paying people more now people are settling for being paid less"

You really aren't just a pretty face. Never a truer word was said but sadly the British being the bunch of pussy we are we'll just keep saying thank you sir can I have some more

Totally true Mr Blade totally true and OP you grass haha

I've always wanted to do what Neg on balls of steel does. Get an electronic tag and set off shop alarms just to leg it and get chased. I think I'd enjoy that a little too much.

"no one likes a grass "

Do people have more sympathy for a thieving bstrd whose selfish and greedy actions affect all of us?

Manchester

"no one likes a grass

Do people have more sympathy for a thieving bstrd whose selfish and greedy actions affect all of us?"

It's not a case of sympathy it's a case of grasses get shot where I come from. We don't all live in fairy tale worlds some of us are in the real world...

"Better have nicked some salt and lemon too!

Can't have tequila without them!

"

-

" Grab the prick by the scruff of the neck and point him toward the lemons and salt

Some fucking people! "

What the hell is wrong with you two?!

Limes.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Where does it end ?

I can't fathom how so many of you condone a thief , and almost congratulate him !

Wtf ?

It's a sad state of affairs when the majority of people on a public forum have these thoughts .

"no one likes a grass

Do people have more sympathy for a thieving bstrd whose selfish and greedy actions affect all of us?

It's not a case of sympathy it's a case of grasses get shot where I come from. We don't all live in fairy tale worlds some of us are in the real world..."

I hate this school of thought. Just because someone didn't grow up in a 'rough' area then they don't live in the real world. I hardly think it's a 'fairy tale' ending to expect to not be shot for reporting a crime.

Cardiff

"I've always wanted to do what Neg on balls of steel does. Get an electronic tag and set off shop alarms just to leg it and get chased. I think I'd enjoy that a little too much."

Woop woop

Cardiff

"Where does it end ?

I can't fathom how so many of you condone a thief , and almost congratulate him !

Wtf ?

It's a sad state of affairs when the majority of people on a public forum have these thoughts .

"

In Lidls.

"The real "shop lifters" are our governments who fuck us all up the ass each and everyday whilst they pay themselves huge wages we all end up coughing up for...

Stores have insurance policies in place for stolen stock and they have no intention of paying people more now people are settling for being paid less

You really aren't just a pretty face. Never a truer word was said but sadly the British being the bunch of pussy we are we'll just keep saying thank you sir can I have some more "

Aww shucks you think I've got a pretty face?!, well cheers... I have a definite loud mouth so that kinda overpowers most of me tbh lol... I wasn't brought up to think I was pretty so it's not my main goal in life, thinking about stuff in general is tho.... which is a passion killer for most lol x

"Shops price as high as they can, in order to screw maximum cash from you. Shoplifting doesn't mean you pay more , as they're charging the max already "

Cardiff

"Same thing, thieves are the reason a 2ltr drink is so expensive!

The Chancellor of the exchequer?

The guy with the old briefcase"

My pretty face moment from further up

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

"

This. Theft is wrong, full stop. It doesn't matter whether it's a big or small shop. Every shoplifter costs them money and they make allowance for it in their pricing due to its prevalence. Therefore shoplifters are responsible for the higher prices you pay.

I'm totally bewildered that anyone would be pleased about it.

I'm assuming there's some line where it changes from well done to that's bad. Could someone point out what line that is and how it was decided?

"no one likes a grass

It's not a case of sympathy it's a case of grasses get shot where I come from. We don't all live in fairy tale worlds some of us are in the real world..."

Fortunately,we don't all live in dystopic,post apocalyptic nightmares where we are all intimidated by scavengers and hoodlums either.

One day it's a bottle of tequila from lidls,next day it's an elderly ladies purse.Leaving her battered and bruised but,,,,better pretend not to have seen anything.Don't want to be called a grass,do we? Better just let the low lifes get on with it as we cower in fear.

Yeah the robbing capitalist scum picking on the oppressed in our oppressive military like regime.

That facist regime,providing food that you can choose or decline to buy, who employs people and pays them, then in turn provides wages for the people who farm, drive the delivery trucks, produce the food etc.

Anyone woukd think there's some sort of system in place to provide organisation and structure and opportunity?

But feel free to go out and thieve and create a better choice.

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

This. Theft is wrong, full stop. It doesn't matter whether it's a big or small shop. Every shoplifter costs them money and they make allowance for it in their pricing due to its prevalence. Therefore shoplifters are responsible for the higher prices you pay.

I'm assuming there's some line where it changes from well done to that's bad. Could someone point out what line that is and how it was decided? "

I'm totally with the shoplifter. We're all being shafted. Big time. The rules are to protect the thems from the us. Break the rules. Steal stuff.

Nescafe is £8 one week and £5 the next. Beef is horse meat etc. Fuck that!

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

I'm assuming there's some line where it changes from well done to that's bad. Could someone point out what line that is and how it was decided?

I'm totally with the shoplifter. We're all being shafted. Big time. The rules are to protect the thems from the us. Break the rules. Steal stuff.

Nescafe is £8 one week and £5 the next. Beef is horse meat etc. Fuck that! "

Go live off grid then. With ethics like that I doubt you'd last very long.

"I wouldn't of grassed.

why not?

"

Agree. Its wrong and it never just one bottle that is stolen... lots of other things and there is a right and a wrong. Youre not setting an example for your kids or any children if you think stealing is ok. Jeez

Manchester

"no one likes a grass

It's not a case of sympathy it's a case of grasses get shot where I come from. We don't all live in fairy tale worlds some of us are in the real world...

Fortunately,we don't all live in dystopic,post apocalyptic nightmares where we are all intimidated by scavengers and hoodlums either.

One day it's a bottle of tequila from lidls,next day it's an elderly ladies purse.Leaving her battered and bruised but,,,,better pretend not to have seen anything.Don't want to be called a grass,do we? Better just let the low lifes get on with it as we cower in fear."

As we cower in fear that's so far from the reality but so funny at the same time your a clever guy you...

As for the rest of your post your not worth my time to explain how wrong youve taken my post or the ban but thanks for the giggle

"no one likes a grass

One day it's a bottle of tequila from lidls,next day it's an elderly ladies purse.Leaving her battered and bruised but,,,,better pretend not to have seen anything.Don't want to be called a grass,do we? Better just let the low lifes get on with it as we cower in fear."

Well said.

Cardiff

Just a reminder what we have been talking about

"no one likes a grass

One day it's a bottle of tequila from lidls,next day it's an elderly ladies purse.Leaving her battered and bruised but,,,,better pretend not to have seen anything.Don't want to be called a grass,do we? Better just let the low lifes get on with it as we cower in fear.

Well said. "

You're making a giant leap from shoplifting to mugging.

"We should adopt the Arabic way and chop off their hands.

You watch the crime rate drop in an instant.

Mind you they would then no doubt be put on benefits so would still end up robbing us "

Why are people of benefits robbing you?

PTU xxx

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

Go live off grid then. With ethics like that I doubt you'd last very long."

Gladly. Enjoy your slavery.

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

"

Slavery .. haha .. funniest thing said so far

Cardiff

I can't believe the old woman in Lidl laughing at it going on.

Hang her, disgraceful behaviour.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

"no one likes a grass

Well said.

You're making a giant leap from shoplifting to mugging."

But she might be a well off little old lady. In which case it's ok right? That's how a lot of these posts read.... Theft=crime, crime=wrong.

Manchester

"I can't believe the old woman in Lidl laughing at it going on.

Hang her, disgraceful behaviour."

Bet she go's bareback to

Personally I wouldn't of said anything. Not cos I wouldn't want to or that I agree with supermarkets being able to cut there's losses. I wouldn't of said anything simply cos I would be scared of repercussions. Because it's likely he's an addict and I wouldn't want to end up a target.

PTU xxx

Cardiff

"no one likes a grass

Well said.

But she might be a well off little old lady. In which case it's ok right? That's how a lot of these posts read.... Theft=crime, crime=wrong. "

I can only speak for myself and I'm going to go into any further detail on where I stand but I have explained above.

Cardiff

Bet she go's bareback to "

Haha just hold that thought for one second

The OP said he only grassed because she laughed.

Jesus Christ old woman look what you've gone and done

Manchester

Bet she go's bareback to

Jesus Christ old woman look what you've gone and done"

ye ok I didn't really think that 1 threw did I. Good to see a sence of humour round here

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

They're not shoplifters until they have left the store, it is only then that they can be stopped. Staff are not trained to deal with these situations and the 'duty of care for staff' means that they should avoid and contact the police."

Incorrect.

Its classed as theft the moment they pass "the last point at which it would be possible to make a payment"...this establishes intent, last time I looked, no supermarket had tills in the doorway.

Manchester

Bet she go's bareback to

Jesus Christ old woman look what you've gone and done"

Thinking about it your right just look what's she'd coursed up there. Everything from the price of tea to gangland slaying. Hang the bitch

They're not shoplifters until they have left the store, it is only then that they can be stopped. Staff are not trained to deal with these situations and the 'duty of care for staff' means that they should avoid and contact the police.

Incorrect.

Its classed as theft the moment they pass "the last point at which it would be possible to make a payment"...this establishes intent, last time I looked, no supermarket had tills in the doorway."

There are tills at the doorway to the two mini markets where i live. At least two shops i know of.

brecon

And, for the record, I would have dropped the thieving scum and sat on him until the Police arrived, and prayed that he wanted to make a go of it.

Theft from retail outlets means we ALL pay, security, tagging, and losses increase the costs of running the shops, and that's passed on to us, the law-abiding shoppers.

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

"

Problem is, you feel you're a victim and being robbed so your solution is to rob the the evil capitalists.

So in essence their strategy of robbing you is perfectly valid and you just don't like the fact they've won! Great ideology.

Not right on the doorway but about a metre away. Just to clear that up.

brecon

Incorrect.

Its classed as theft the moment they pass "the last point at which it would be possible to make a payment"...this establishes intent, last time I looked, no supermarket had tills in the doorway."

"two mini markets "

I said supermarkets.

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

Problem is, you feel you're a victim and being robbed so your solution is to rob the the evil capitalists.

So in essence their strategy of robbing you is perfectly valid and you just don't like the fact they've won! Great ideology.

"

Well said. Just cant understand some peoples lack of morals on this post.

So if they came into your house and stole food or clothing, booze then its ok? Because you have more than you need?

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"no one likes a grass

You live in an exceptionally rich country. If you've managed to find a ghetto in it, then it's your experience that isn't representative of the rest of the country. Anyone would think the north of england is afghanistan from your comments.

"no one likes a grass

You live in an exceptionally rich country. If you've managed to find a ghetto in it, then it's your experience that isn't representative of the rest of the country. Anyone would think the north of england is afghanistan from your comments. "

Dont forget the slavery comment

"no one likes a grass

You live in an exceptionally rich country. If you've managed to find a ghetto in it, then it's your experience that isn't representative of the rest of the country. Anyone would think the north of england is afghanistan from your comments.

Dont forget the slavery comment "

No. Don't

Incorrect.

It's actually an offence the moment they do something more than a preparatory act and gave the intent to steal.

It's proving it that's the issue hence security staff don't tend to challenge until the offender is attempting to leave.

The old, oh I forgot it was in my pocket offence is a classic!

Where is the country going with this selective laws thing !! Everyone knows what's right and wrong. Some just choose to be selective about implementing it.

Cardiff

I live in the gateau

And as for the poor oppressed by the evil shops principle...theres food banks giving it away these days??

"I live in the gateau "

Sounds like a superb place to live .. so yummy

Cardiff

Bet she go's bareback to

Jesus Christ old woman look what you've gone and done

ye ok I didn't really think that 1 threw did I. Good to see a sence of humour round here "

Well I was eating toast as you mention bareback Beryl

Cardiff

"I live in the gateau

Sounds like a superb place to live .. so yummy"

It's in the Black Forest as it happens

Slough

I've been on the opposite side of this scenario. I worked in a supermarket (stacking shelves). A chav walks in, picks up 24 cans and walks out. I saw it, as did another member of staff who said i should go after him. I went outside and saw the chav walking off. Then i realised that i didn't actually trust the supermarket to have my back if shit got real (i.e. he tried to take action against me) so i left it.

"I've been on the opposite side of this scenario. I worked in a supermarket (stacking shelves). A chav walks in, picks up 24 cans and walks out. I saw it, as did another member of staff who said i should go after him. I went outside and saw the chav walking off. Then i realised that i didn't actually trust the supermarket to have my back if shit got real (i.e. he tried to take action against me) so i left it. "

And I fully understand that. That's totally different to condoning the act.

When I had my own shop, I chased someone out who took a door stop off the floor. Looking back it was the silliest thing to do but luckily a strapping guy helped me to stop him.

I've worked in retail since and most places say just to let them go. It's not really worth getting hurt.

"I'm totally with the shoplifter. We're all being shafted. Big time. The rules are to protect the thems from the us. Break the rules. Steal stuff.

This is abhorrent attitude to society, same attitude as women in short skirts are "asking for it"

No supermarket ever knowingly sold horse meat instead of beef, and prices are set to cover having a nice building lit up and staffed close to you the customer, when the warehouse is over stocked you ship it out at cost to make space.

Those that support shoplifters should be sentenced the same as those committing the crime.

Slough

"I've been on the opposite side of this scenario. I worked in a supermarket (stacking shelves). A chav walks in, picks up 24 cans and walks out. I saw it, as did another member of staff who said i should go after him. I went outside and saw the chav walking off. Then i realised that i didn't actually trust the supermarket to have my back if shit got real (i.e. he tried to take action against me) so i left it.

And I fully understand that. That's totally different to condoning the act."

I know but it's a slippery slope when we all stop taking action for fear that it will be turned around on us. I think this is why anti-social behaviour is so pervasive in this country. I actually very much enjoy being an ethnic minority in my local area (asian area). Because the asians don't tolerate this bullshit, you walk down the street doing something bad and 10 doors fling open to sort it out. In a white neighbourhood nobody does anything until one person can't stand it, then they get targeted for revenge.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Shops price as high as they can, in order to screw maximum cash from you. Shoplifting doesn't mean you pay more , as they're charging the max already "

No, having worked in retail for years they take into account "shrinkage" and add this to the prices. The larger retailers also look to their suppliers to cover shrinkage costs which in turn puts up the price of products. Theft affects everyone.

"I'm totally wattitude to society isthe shoplifter. We're all being shafted. Big time. The rules are to protect the thems from the us. Break the rules. Steal stuff.

This is abhorrent attitude to society, same attitude as women in short skirts are "asking for it"

No supermarket ever knowingly sold horse meat instead of beef, and prices are set to cover having a nice building lit up and staffed close to you the customer, when the warehouse is over stocked you ship it out at cost to make space.

Those that support shoplifters should be sentenced the same as those committing the crime.

"

Okay. Calm down. My attitude to society is horrendous. But to compare it to short skirts, and "asking for it", is another giant leap.

Just because I want to see humanity burn in massive ball of flames. That doesn't mean I advocate that sort of scenario.

"I've been on the opposite side of this scenario. I worked in a supermarket (stacking shelves). A chav walks in, picks up 24 cans and walks out. I saw it, as did another member of staff who said i should go after him. I went outside and saw the chav walking off. Then i realised that i didn't actually trust the supermarket to have my back if shit got real (i.e. he tried to take action against me) so i left it.

I know but it's a slippery slope when we all stop taking action for fear that it will be turned around on us. I think this is why anti-social behaviour is so pervasive in this country. I actually very much enjoy being an ethnic minority in my local area (asian area). Because the asians don't tolerate this bullshit, you walk down the street doing something bad and 10 doors fling open to sort it out. In a white neighbourhood nobody does anything until one person can't stand it, then they get targeted for revenge. "

But it's how you intervene that's relevant? Sure physical intervention can result in acts of violence or counter allegations.

People can take a photo, report it to the police or even call them?

It's funny how everyone steps forward with photographs when a Police officer tackles someone and scuffles with them during arrest. They're happy to grass then?

"Shops price as high as they can, in order to screw maximum cash from you. Shoplifting doesn't mean you pay more , as they're charging the max already

No, having worked in retail for years they take into account "shrinkage" and add this to the prices. The larger retailers also look to their suppliers to cover shrinkage costs which in turn puts up the price of products. Theft affects everyone."

This

Slough

I know but it's a slippery slope when we all stop taking action for fear that it will be turned around on us. I think this is why anti-social behaviour is so pervasive in this country. I actually very much enjoy being an ethnic minority in my local area (asian area). Because the asians don't tolerate this bullshit, you walk down the street doing something bad and 10 doors fling open to sort it out. In a white neighbourhood nobody does anything until one person can't stand it, then they get targeted for revenge.

But it's how you intervene that's relevant? Sure physical intervention can result in acts of violence or counter allegations.

It's funny how everyone steps forward with photographs when a Police officer tackles someone and scuffles with them during arrest. They're happy to grass then? "

Have you ever reported something (relatively) minor to the police? The don't do shit most of the time. The one time they did, they said "oh yeah, that guys got about 50 previous convictions (albeit for petty crime). At some point, you need to chop their hands off.

"Where does it end ?

Wtf ?

Perhaps you'd like to print your address and times you're likely to be out.maybe leave the back door open to make it a bit easier for them.

"no one likes a grass

Well said.

You're making a giant leap from shoplifting to mugging."

Not a giant leap at all,quite a small step in fact.

Fact is the OP did the right thing, hopefully the security guard will remember the thief and next time they will be banned from the store.

In any part of this country 99% of the people around you are decent law abiding citizens. Where it breaks down is when good people do nothing for the small stuff, then recoil in horror when those who robbed shops with impunity start robbing others on a larger scale.

Well done OP, you did something that will help not harm.

It's funny how everyone steps forward with photographs when a Police officer tackles someone and scuffles with them during arrest. They're happy to grass then?

Have you ever reported something (relatively) minor to the police? The don't do shit most of the time. The one time they did, they said "oh yeah, that guys got about 50 previous convictions (albeit for petty crime). At some point, you need to chop their hands off. "

Yes I have. And it was positively dealt with.

From my perspective we get the service we deserve in the UK.

We persistently slate them in the press, criticise them with no knowledge of the job itself and on the whole refuse to support them. Then complain when we want them.

Make your minds up. When the service is poor it's as a result of cuts and generally people refusing ..."to grass".

It's only as good as the support it gets.

"no one likes a grass

Well said.

Not a giant leap at all,quite a small step in fact."

Theft is theft. Mugging is a violent crime. Most shoplifters aren't violent. If they were, they'd be muggers.

Slough

Have you ever reported something (relatively) minor to the police? The don't do shit most of the time. The one time they did, they said "oh yeah, that guys got about 50 previous convictions (albeit for petty crime). At some point, you need to chop their hands off.

Yes I have. And it was positively dealt with.

From my perspective we get the service we deserve in the UK.

We persistently slate them in the press, criticise them with no knowledge of the job itself and on the whole refuse to support them. Then complain when we want them.

Make your minds up. When the service is poor it's as a result of cuts and generally people refusing ..."to grass".

It's only as good as the support it gets."

I think the police are designed to be ineffective. It's not the fault of the people themselves, it's the sheer volume of paperwork and form filling that's the problem.

some on this thread need to get a life

"I'm totally wattitude to society isthe shoplifter. We're all being shafted. Big time. The rules are to protect the thems from the us. Break the rules. Steal stuff.

Okay. Calm down. My attitude to society is horrendous. But to compare it to short skirts, and "asking for it", is another giant leap.

Just because I want to see humanity burn in massive ball of flames. That doesn't mean I advocate that sort of scenario. "

Even if it is a giant leap from one kind of crime to another the attitude is still the same,,,the attitude of selfishness,of free,instant gratification 'I want that so I'm taking it'. It's not a giant leap to an attitude of 'every person for themselves' survival,not necessarily of the fittest,but of the most callous,devious and cunning.

Ok,so society means living under rules,some may not like the rules but anarchy could very easily backfire on those who call for the abolition of rules in the fist place.

It's also very easy to whine and complain against society when that very society protects you from the mob.

"no one likes a grass

Well said.

Not a giant leap at all,quite a small step in fact.

Theft is theft. Mugging is a violent crime. Most shoplifters aren't violent. If they were, they'd be muggers.

"

And the reason some people are afraid to step in? Fear of violence. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Just because I want to see humanity burn in massive ball of flames. That doesn't mean I advocate that sort of scenario.

Even if it is a giant leap from one kind of crime to another the attitude is still the same,,,the attitude of selfishness,of free,instant gratification 'I want that so I'm taking it'. It's not a giant leap to an attitude of 'every person for themselves' survival,not necessarily of the fittest,but of the most callous,devious and cunning.

Ok,so society means living under rules,some may not like the rules but anarchy could very easily backfire on those who call for the abolition of rules in the fist place.

It's also very easy to whine and complain against society when that very society protects you from the mob."

Well said

I would have done what you did OP. Tell security. Some think it's a victimless crime because it's from a store/shop. In reality, the consumer ends up footing the bill of the thefts, because the retailers up their prices to cover the loss .

"I would have done what you did OP. Tell security. Some think it's a victimless crime because it's from a store/shop. In reality, the consumer ends up footing the bill of the thefts, because the retailers up their prices to cover the loss ."

with all the advancement of cctv etc... the highest amount in cash value theft from high street retailers is from employees

i just googled out of interest

shoplifting is on a decline over last 10 years

so why have the prices not been reduced????

"i just googled out of interest

"

They have massively, compared to the cost of production.

Slough

"

Why don't you google average profit margins in retail while you're on a learning binge

They have massively, compared to the cost of production. "

vodka has not

they do the promotions

thats it

so why not keep the price low all year

reason they are greedy

By *ancscleanguyMan  over a year ago

Preston

"I saw a guy who looked extremely hungry,take yogurts a few weeks ago, but I tried not to notice and embarrass him.

I think there are one or two cases where I would gladly offer pay for it given the opportunity, if I felt someone was hungry."

That is the best reply on here.

Why don't you google average profit margins in retail while you're on a learning binge"

no need to go that far

look at annual profits there in the billions if you take the top 5

greed greed greed

I'm not a shoplifter. But I once got accused of shoplifting by a leading frozen food retailer. It was hilarious. I got an out of court settlement and bought a new car with the money.

Cardiff

Why don't you google average profit margins in retail while you're on a learning binge

no need to go that far

greed greed greed"

Sorry to repeat myself but the profits they make from just 'strawberries' out weigh all their other product profits put together.

It's staggering.

Slough

no need to go that far

greed greed greed"

Just shows your ignorance of how an economy works

Feel free to move to cuba or north korea and see how great non-greedy societies are.

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

Feel free to move to cuba or north korea and see how great non-greedy societies are. "

oh yes i am all for retailers that have virtually a monopoly in certain area making millions in profit from hard working people

and yes lets rejoice in their fatcat salaries

how pathetic some are on here

if you do not agree with them or jump to their tune

they block you

ffs what a laugh

Slough

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

Feel free to move to cuba or north korea and see how great non-greedy societies are.

oh yes i am all for retailers that have virtually a monopoly in certain area making millions in profit from hard working people

"

So again, go try the societies that don't make profits, they are brilliant - honestly. They'd welcome you too, not so many people trying to emmigrate there for some strange reason.

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

"

I like you. You can be my favourite for the day.

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

You did what was right, anything more isnt worth getting jabbed with a dirty needle for

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

So again, go try the societies that don't make profits, they are brilliant - honestly. They'd welcome you too, not so many people trying to emmigrate there for some strange reason. "

this will be my last reply reply to you on forums

as i do not reply to profiles thaat block others on forums as they do not agree with them

i find these people rather childish when they spit a dummy out

If you say nothing you are complicit in the crime.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It's wrong.

Slough

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

So again, go try the societies that don't make profits, they are brilliant - honestly. They'd welcome you too, not so many people trying to emmigrate there for some strange reason. this will be my last reply reply to you on forums

as i do not reply to profiles thaat block others on forums as they do not agree with them

i find these people rather childish when they spit a dummy out"

Actually you were blocked yesterday when you suggested you would do a bareback gangbang with 20 guys who had done a gay gangbang 3 days earlier. The block is a reminder not to meet anyone you've verified since we take our sexual health very seriously. Nothing to do with your poorly educated opinions on economics.

By *ill74Man  over a year ago

New forest area

Since when did shoplifting become acceptable?

It's not on. Regardless of how much was nicked.

We will all pay for it in the end. Supermsrkets are not going to sit idly by and just take the hit. They are going to pass the cost on to you and I. As any company would do.

What sort of example are we setting when we say shoplifting is ok.

Cardiff

"Since when did shoplifting become acceptable?

We will all pay for it in the end. Supermsrkets are not going to sit idly by and just take the hit. They are going to pass the cost on to you and I. As any company would do.

"

Who said it was?

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"

it's Lidl there are vests and shoes next to set squares and umbrellas and lots of other weird shit

..... of the world.

Unite and take over.

Sorry i just had to

The comments in this thread are deplorable. Ranging from "snitches get stitches" to "hang theives" to "chopping off hands" to "I would punch them"...

I thought we were adults.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"And, for the record, I would have dropped the thieving scum and sat on him until the Police arrived, and prayed that he wanted to make a go of it.

Theft from retail outlets means we ALL pay, security, tagging, and losses increase the costs of running the shops, and that's passed on to us, the law-abiding shoppers."

Spot on

By *ill74Man  over a year ago

New forest area

"Since when did shoplifting become acceptable?

Who said it was?"

Reading the comments, it would seem some think it's acceptable.

no need to go that far

greed greed greed

So again, go try the societies that don't make profits, they are brilliant - honestly. They'd welcome you too, not so many people trying to emmigrate there for some strange reason. this will be my last reply reply to you on forums

i find these people rather childish when they spit a dummy out

Actually you were blocked yesterday when you suggested you would do a bareback gangbang with 20 guys who had done a gay gangbang 3 days earlier. The block is a reminder not to meet anyone you've verified since we take our sexual health very seriously. Nothing to do with your poorly educated opinions on economics. "

i find the glorified righteous that belong to the

spelling /grammer brigade

the porn squad

and the high and mighty

are the disruptive ones

as everyone else takes the threads as light heartedness

any they love to name call read the comments

and cannot even see wind up threads or joke threads when slapped on the ass with them

instead calling other profiles and so on how far up the educated ladder is that??

i think most of the comments are just joking snitches gets stitches being one of them

and too many love to take apart comments and create trouble

they are known as keyboard warriors

"i think most of the comments are just joking snitches gets stitches being one of them

and too many love to take apart comments and create trouble

they are known as keyboard warriors"

Nobody is forced to read forums or post on them.

If anyone feels like they have an opinion to offer they should be prepared to defend that opinion if someone else takes it apart or calls B/S.

I think my opinion on this has been pretty clear, thieves should be reported, small crimes lead to bigger crimes etc.

Shock horror businesses make profit... and big businesses make big profit, who would have thought that people investing billions, employing thousands would be doing it for reward? You can always boycott the shop and go direct to the supplier if you don't like it.

As for the chop off hands brigade, it's amazing how many who advocate that also get angry at the media suggestion that sharia law is being brought to this country

Not into violence against criminals other than for self defence, but may go as far as suggesting a forehead tattoo so shops can easily prevent access.

Worcester

"

You will find that it's no longer reported as a crime.

The big chains have taken a civil action now do it will make it look like it has fallen on paper but its increasing year on year along with staff shrinkage.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Well done. It's comforting to know that there are decent minded people like you out there.

Some people really buy into their idea of a gangsta's paradise

It's a big world out there. Try exploring it

Slough

"Some people really buy into their idea of a gangsta's paradise

It's a big world out there. Try exploring it "

Fun fact: the biggest consumers of rap music are middle class white males.

I did fancy Michelle Pfeiffer

"I'd of offerd them a tenner for it "

I'd have offered a fiver.

"I'd of offerd them a tenner for it

I'd have offered a fiver."

Does your local supermarket know you as erectjim? If so get a bottle of Grey goose and you may save yourself a couple of bob

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

As an ex Store Detective, I'd have advised store security about him straight off.

Shoplifters add costs to your everyday goods as retailers don't absorb that, but add it on to shoppers!

King's Crustacean

"As an ex Store Detective, I'd have advised store security about him straight off.

Shoplifters add costs to your everyday goods as retailers don't absorb that, but add it on to shoppers!

"

Please. It's such a weak argument. A shop OWNER rips me off to a far greater extent than a shoplifter.

I get what you are saying but I took the red pill so many years ago.

King's Crustacean

P.S. Children I don't condone shoplifting. Don't try it at home now.

By *icky_tvLondonTV/TS  over a year ago

london

'Grassing' is the keystone of civilisation

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Heard something similar in a couple of other shops. Maybe in case the shoplifters fall in the chase and get hurt! ffs

Remember

It's stealing.