FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Seat Belts

Seat Belts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I hate wearing it, my boobs are massive and its uncomfy to wear it.

I went on direct gov to check out the laws on seatbelts and found out that taxi drivers with passengers do not have to wear one.. just wondering what is so special about taxi drivers

Surely if as an adult i decided to go against the law and not wear my seat belt its only my own safety i'm jeopardising IF anything should happen.

When i was pregnant i had to move the seat back just so the seatbelt could comfortably go over my bump and boobs.. it was kinda restrictive at times to look around some tight junctions and looking back it was actually more of a hazzard for me to wear the belt as the break wasnt as covered by my foot if i hadnt moved the seat back.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is a subject which i can say i agree that seatbelts are there for a reason TO SAVE LIVES

i always wear mine sometimes they get unconformable but i put up with it as i know it could save my life

I think everyone should wear a seat belt

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

they get mugged from behind... and no belt may allow them to escape quicker

"they get mugged from behind... and no belt may allow them to escape quicker"

its cack thou

You can buy seat belt accessories that hold the belt forward off your shoulder.

In some cars I find the belt too high across my neck, and I have to put the belt under my right arm.

I will always wear one though

oh yeah, forgot that point

i understand they can be a pain to some but try and imagine the anguish your loved ones would feel if they lost you to a car crash where you life would so obviously of been saved had you put up with the discomfort

small price to pay i feel

when we was driving home from Wales this weekend we was going the speed limit

and Oh had to do a emergency stop i was dosing and if it wasn't for the belt i could have ended up through the window

now thats enough for me to know why a seatbelt is worn

oh i know the seat belt across the neck thing..

I am a cabbie and I do not wear my seat belt when working nights as someone from behind can use it to their advantage to put me in a compromising situation!

"oh i know the seat belt across the neck thing.. "

i know drives me crazy too and i keep pulling at it as i drive but nothing could ever make me want to drive without one hunny

I do wear one, please don't think i don't. I completely agree they save lives but when i was pregnant i felt i would have been a safer driver if i didnt wear my seatbelt.

Yes they can be annoying and unfortable but i'd much rather that than be dead or very seriously injured

"I do wear one, please don't think i don't. I completely agree they save lives but when i was pregnant i felt i would have been a safer driver if i didnt wear my seatbelt."

nope.. you get the little things that adjust it so it goes over and under your bump.. and you going through your windscreen is hardly safer...

I however during my last pregnancy had a harness ( think race driver.. ) which I found loads better.. but then my car also had a full rollcage too. lol

I find that using things to make the seat belt go through the middle of your boobs makes it more comfy.. and have it so your seat is at the right height.. and dont sit to close to the steering wheel..

The amount of people ( mostly women) I see right up close amazes me.. no control of your car like that.

Cali

a lot of new cars have beepers / buzzers in if you set off without your seatbelt fastened.

the only time i don't wear a belt is if i nip to tesco and then into the petrol station across the car park

the racket it makes just in that 40/50 seconds drives me to distraction, let alone out on the open road !

my dad runs his own taxi company an the seat belt law in taxis is the same as buses or trains ! i thankyou im here all week

"my dad runs his own taxi company an the seat belt law in taxis is the same as buses or trains ! i thankyou im here all week "
an they arer always hoping in an out of the car for clients

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

Ive been to too many accidents where people havent wore a seatbelt, and picking body parts up off the road isnt my favourite job. Even if it is uncomfortable, in an accident you will be very grateful.

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"I hate wearing it, my boobs are massive and its uncomfy to wear it.

I went on direct gov to check out the laws on seatbelts and found out that taxi drivers with passengers do not have to wear one.. just wondering what is so special about taxi drivers

Surely if as an adult i decided to go against the law and not wear my seat belt its only my own safety i'm jeopardising IF anything should happen.

When i was pregnant i had to move the seat back just so the seatbelt could comfortably go over my bump and boobs.. it was kinda restrictive at times to look around some tight junctions and looking back it was actually more of a hazzard for me to wear the belt as the break wasnt as covered by my foot if i hadnt moved the seat back.

"

you can get one designed for pregnant girls which suits us big boobs perfectly it does not cross yr chest

i think people think its an hindrance

yet anywhere i go by car its a seabelt

clunk click people! think safe my cousin got killed in a crash 2 days before her 18th rip princess

if it truly is a problem for you, you can be exempt due to a condition, and your doctor maybe able to do one for you...

But i'm sure your going to try some of the other tips first.

Of course you are unlikely to crash the car, it's the other shit heads on the road that are likely to crash in to your car and throw you around or worst...

could you fit the car with a harness type of seatbelt?

i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult or expensive and would mean it would be much more comfortable for driving?

unluckily i'm from the land of tall and no boobs, I'd pay a car manufacturer if they made me feel like my boobs got in the way of something

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

The cabbies exemption only applies when carrying passengers.

"could you fit the car with a harness type of seatbelt?

i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult or expensive and would mean it would be much more comfortable for driving?

unluckily i'm from the land of tall and no boobs, I'd pay a car manufacturer if they made me feel like my boobs got in the way of something "

Oh I love tall and no boobs, but I looked and you have a pair of nice boobs

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"I do wear one, please don't think i don't. I completely agree they save lives but when i was pregnant i felt i would have been a safer driver if i didnt wear my seatbelt."

And then if some idiot had crashed into you, two people could have died instead of just one.

*Her*

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I do wear one, please don't think i don't. I completely agree they save lives but when i was pregnant i felt i would have been a safer driver if i didnt wear my seatbelt.

And then if some idiot had crashed into you, two people could have died instead of just one.

*Her*"

+1, I am surprised that after all the evidence on seatbelts saving lives and helping avoid serious injuries... that it is even a discussion... I know they are not always teh most comfortable things to wear but it is a small price to pay....

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Some thought ought really to go into possitioning the horn in the middle of the steering wheel.

The airbag lives in the same place.

In an accident I was involved in I saw the other driver on my side of the road on a collision course. by instinct I hit the horn. The airbag broke every bone in the back of my hand!

On Thursday of last week I was stopped at a roundabout but sadly the vehicle behind me didn't feel the need to stop and thus he hit me at a fairly high speed from behind !

The worst injury I suffered was irritation of a previous back condition and a very sore neck/shoulder area and a bloody awful headache.

Had I not been wearing a belt I may well have been a little closer to the windscreen with ma heed as I shot off the edge of my seat.

I've always worn a seatbelt, long before it became law, and I always will continue to do so ....

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Some thought ought really to go into possitioning the horn in the middle of the steering wheel.

The airbag lives in the same place.

In an accident I was involved in I saw the other driver on my side of the road on a collision course. by instinct I hit the horn. The airbag broke every bone in the back of my hand! "

There is no 100 % safety and toal prevention of accidents, the moment we get into our cars or indeed take part in activities of any sort there is an element of risk. I acknowledge in your specific case the airbag caused injury... however, the bigger picture I think would suggest that the safety measure like seatbelts, air bags SIPS etc... do protect more people than they do not?

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

As an ex paramedic I have seen the result of many accidents where seat belts were not worn, including a couple of adult and child decapitations, not a nice sight.....

Steve

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

being a passenger in some Bolton taxi's is enough to make anyone realise what a good invention they are.

Never used to buckle up when I was in the back seat but do everytime now

Scarlett

i had an accident in 1998 and i had very bad whip lash and a nasty mark on my neck(which has gone now over the years)i was in a colar for 9 weeks )and lost my job thro it to)doctors say i had whip last due to wearing a seat belt but if i wasnt wearing one i wud of been splat on the motorway as i wud of gone straight thro the windscreen.

so its always clunk click for me and yes sometimes its not comfortable but such is life xx

» Add a new message to this topic