Maddie McCaan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rozac OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Is it time they stop or what?

£11 million spent so far

Now they've just come up with another £154k

270,000 people a year in UK go missing.

Why have her parents not been charged with negligence and everyone else can stop providing these media hungry vultures with attention.

It's been 10 years.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's shocking they still have custody of their other children!! Giving them access to more funds it's just outrageous ..........

Is it time to stop?

I believe it is ...... but I'm saying that simply because I doubt there will ever be a successful outcome in the determination of what happed to the girl ....

We've reach a point where her parents understandable reluctance to accept the inevitable is prolonging a process that will not provide closure....

This latest event needs to be the last

I find it strange that more money is being spent on this case but not on other cases of missing children. I doubt we will ever know what happened to her anyway.

"Is it time to stop?

I believe it is ...... but I'm saying that simply because I doubt there will ever be a successful outcome in the determination of what happed to the girl ....

We've reach a point where her parents understandable reluctance to accept the inevitable is prolonging a process that will not provide closure....

This latest event needs to be the last "

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"I find it strange that more money is being spent on this case but not on other cases of missing children. I doubt we will ever know what happened to her anyway."

The other missing kids aren't middle class blue eyed and blonde

The newspapers should have funded the search seeing as they profit so much from rehashing the story and tax payers money should be spent equally on all missing and murdered kids

By *ella-donnaWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Unless the £154K is being spent investigating her parents, it's a total waste

I don't think I would ever give up looking for a child of mine that went missing.

But then again I wouldn't be using all the media attention to cover up my guilt!!!

That money could have been spent on much better things.

I find it strange that people that are supposed to be well educated could do what they did. If they'd been ordinary people they would have had social services crawling all over them.

"I don't think I would ever give up looking for a child of mine that went missing.

But then again I wouldn't be using all the media attention to cover up my guilt!!!

I find it strange that people that are supposed to be well educated could do what they did. If they'd been ordinary people they would have had social services crawling all over them."

Aren't educated affluent people ordinary?

[Removed by poster at 29/09/17 12:06:04]

"Unless the £154K is being spent investigating her parents, it's a total waste "

"Unless the £154K is being spent investigating her parents, it's a total waste "

Exactly

"I don't think I would ever give up looking for a child of mine that went missing.

I find it strange that people that are supposed to be well educated could do what they did. If they'd been ordinary people they would have had social services crawling all over them.

Aren't educated affluent people ordinary? "

No they're not!! They have over inflated egos, no common sense and think they are above everyone else including the law in this case. In my hubble, uneducated, working class opinion.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ben Needham disappeared on Kos in 1991 after being left unattended outside by his grandparents at the age of 21 months. His mother is "ordinary" whatever that means and as part of the on going investigation a site was dug up last year. His mum also used significant dates to bring his disappearance to the public eye

I think people claim that no money is spent on other missing children without checking first to see if it's true.

If one of my children went missing I would never stop looking until the day I died.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Aren't educated affluent people ordinary? "

Yep!

"Ben Needham disappeared on Kos in 1991 after being left unattended outside by his grandparents at the age of 21 months. His mother is "ordinary" whatever that means and as part of the on going investigation a site was dug up last year. His mum also used significant dates to bring his disappearance to the public eye

I think people claim that no money is spent on other missing children without checking first to see if it's true.

If one of my children went missing I would never stop looking until the day I died."

Or in the McCanns case.... until they crack and tell the truth about killing their daughter.

Aren't educated affluent people ordinary?

No they're not!! They have over inflated egos, no common sense and think they are above everyone else including the law in this case. In my hubble, uneducated, working class opinion. "

I'm not sure if you're response refers to the McCanns or educated affluent people?

I've no idea why class (a dated concept) would enter this discussion.

A child is unaccounted for and most of us are basing our opinions on what the media has told us.

I believe all of us would do whatever it takes and however much it cost to recover their child.

It's unfair to ask them to look at it objectively...they can't, and I understand that.

"Ben Needham disappeared on Kos in 1991 after being left unattended outside by his grandparents at the age of 21 months. His mother is "ordinary" whatever that means and as part of the on going investigation a site was dug up last year. His mum also used significant dates to bring his disappearance to the public eye

If one of my children went missing I would never stop looking until the day I died."

It's now been established that it's very likely Ben Needham died in a digger accident on the day he disappeared and was buried by the digger driver who is now dead. Strangely there hasn't been anyone shouting "why was he left to play alone when there was heavy plant working in the area"

I find it strange that people that are supposed to be well educated could do what they did. If they'd been ordinary people they would have had social services crawling all over them."

Who leaves kids alone on a family holiday .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If one of my children went missing I would never stop looking until the day I died.

It's now been established that it's very likely Ben Needham died in a digger accident on the day he disappeared and was buried by the digger driver who is now dead. Strangely there hasn't been anyone shouting "why was he left to play alone when there was heavy plant working in the area" "

No they haven't.

I don't what happened to the child or who is responsible for her disappearance ...

But it sicken me that some people are so devoid empathy they concentrate their unsubstantiated vilification of the child's parents rather than express the best wishes for a conclusion to be found

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Or in the McCanns case.... until they crack and tell the truth about killing their daughter."

I'm not prepared to accuse anyone of murdering a child let alone state it as truth.

"I don't what happened to the child or who is responsible for her disappearance ...

But it sicken me that some people are so devoid empathy they concentrate their unsubstantiated vilification of the child's parents rather than express the best wishes for a conclusion to be found

"

perfectly put without a rolling eye emoji

"I find it strange that more money is being spent on this case but not on other cases of missing children. I doubt we will ever know what happened to her anyway."

this plays on my mind frequently, peoples kids to do missing and yet why is the mccanes can have money spent and time spent looking and other peoples situation sadly go into the backburner

"I don't what happened to the child or who is responsible for her disappearance ...

perfectly put without a rolling eye emoji"

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"

Armchair detectives.

I agree with NiceCouple. If it was my child I'd never give up.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I find it strange that more money is being spent on this case but not on other cases of missing children. I doubt we will ever know what happened to her anyway.

this plays on my mind frequently, peoples kids to do missing and yet why is the mccanes can have money spent and time spent looking and other peoples situation sadly go into the backburner

"

I refer you to Ben Needham see above.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

If my child went missing I would also look until I died.

The serious flaw in police work is that a murder case is never opened on a missing child which in effect means either low level detectives are assigned a case or uniform branch and a basic search is carried out, if after 72 hours nothing I found the parents or carers are main suspects and in all honesty that is how a case remains - forever - the police try to make it sound more important but in reality that is it.

200 000 children go missing in the UK each years, take away parents abduction, found and other cases we are still talking about a substantial number of cases that are never solved, no extra money is ever allocated to missing children unless you raise it yourself, get publicly or have government contacts.

The first 3 hours are crucial to finding a child.

If a crime isn't solved in 24 hours the probability of success diminishes substantially until 72hours when the chance of success is measure in single digit percentage

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The serious flaw in police work is that a murder case is never opened on a missing child which in effect means either low level detectives are assigned a case or uniform branch and a basic search is carried out, if after 72 hours nothing I found the parents or carers are main suspects and in all honesty that is how a case remains - forever - the police try to make it sound more important but in reality that is it.

200 000 children go missing in the UK each years, take away parents abduction, found and other cases we are still talking about a substantial number of cases that are never solved, no extra money is ever allocated to missing children unless you raise it yourself, get publicly or have government contacts.

If a crime isn't solved in 24 hours the probability of success diminishes substantially until 72hours when the chance of success is measure in single digit percentage "

Who funded the most recent search for Ben Needham?

If a crime isn't solved in 24 hours the probability of success diminishes substantially until 72hours when the chance of success is measure in single digit percentage "

I woukd beg to differ that some of your information is factually incorrect...certainly about the level of searches and investigation, which is based on threat assessments not speculation.

200000 children go missing....but not all of them go unaccounted for. The vast majority are simply enduring their troublesome teenage years and return home. Some are obviously subject to sexual exploitation. We all have a duty to protect our communities children, not vilify those we feel like blaming and judging I believe.

It's now been established that it's very likely Ben Needham died in a digger accident on the day he disappeared and was buried by the digger driver who is now dead. Strangely there hasn't been anyone shouting "why was he left to play alone when there was heavy plant working in the area" "

Actually there was many paper stories of morality about that case although technically nothing like the McCann's, his mother left him with her grandparents while she went to work.

The grandparents were renovating the house they lived in but the heavy plant machinery was actually next door not in their property, he had been playing in the garden coming in and out while the grandparents were busy, it was remote and the garden fairly secure, they made reasonable assumptions that unfortunately proved unlucky.

That's not even remotely similar to leaving two year old twins and a four year old alone in an unlocked apartment when you go out to dinner

The whole case stinks. My only sympathy lies entirely with the little girl missing.

Her father is narcissism epitomised, in its purest and most evil form. Hence he has to keep dragging it though the news and lumping huge amounts of cash at it.

I live in eternal hope the mother will crack one day and then her girls memory can be put to rest properly.

I could go on forever about this, but I won't

If a child of mine was missing i would do everything possible to keep it in the public eye and spend/use as much money as possible for searching, publicity etc.

Gotta love all the 'experts' on here.

"Gotta love all the 'experts' on here. "

It's a forum, people give opinions on forums.

It would be very quiet if only a cake expert could give opinion on cake

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

But what of the thousands of kids who go missing on our own soil and abroad without fanfare each year? A 30 second clip on local news then a couple of weeks searching and then case closed?

Where’s the justice? Where is their continued funding 10 years later? In a supposedly equal society why are some people treated so differently to others?

Ten years and £11 million later and still no sign of her. I’m not saying they should stop searching or the funding, providing they give other grieving families exactly the same financial support and man hours.

I can’t help wondering what the outcome would have been had this happened to a working class couple holidaying in Blackpool?

Has anyone ever met the parents in person- let alone told them what you think happened to their face?

Gotta love the experts basing everything on the media

"Is it time they stop or what?

£11 million spent so far

Why have her parents not been charged with negligence and everyone else can stop providing these media hungry vultures with attention.

It's been 10 years. "

270,000 people don't go missing and stay missing tho. The vast majority are missing for less than 24 hours and go missing intentionally, they are reported missing as a matter of procedure rather than out of fear they have come to any harm. As for Mandy McCann I believe she was already dead prior to being reported and the parents know exactly what happened to her.

"Has anyone ever met the parents in person- let alone told them what you think happened to their face?

Gotta love the experts basing everything on the media "

I live near them. I have seen them around locally and seen him at a local hospital. I'm sure they are aware of many peoples views about them. However if it was me i wouldn't care what others thought of me.

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years.

270,000 people don't go missing and stay missing tho. The vast majority are missing for less than 24 hours and go missing intentionally, they are reported missing as a matter of procedure rather than out of fear they have come to any harm. As for Mandy McCann I believe she was already dead prior to being reported and the parents know exactly what happened to her. "

Around 2000 people go missing every year, whoosh gone without a trace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41041855

Any money available should be shared fairly.

"Gotta love all the 'experts' on here. .

It would be very quiet if only a cake expert could give opinion on cake "

Opinions and perspectives are always welcome regardless of diversity if opinion.

I think the comment relates to people stating things as facts with corroboration. That's misleading and damage in some topics of conversation.

Opinions and perspectives are always welcome regardless of diversity if opinion.

I think the comment relates to people stating things as facts with corroboration. That's misleading and damage in some topics of conversation. "

It doesn't matter if you stake a fact or a non fact.... If the other person doesn't particularly like your assumption, they just say it's paper bullshit!.

It's the equivalent of me saying bollocks this girl never existed the whole thing is fabricated?

I think the comment relates to people stating things as facts with corroboration. That's misleading and damage in some topics of conversation. .

It doesn't matter if you stake a fact or a non fact.... If the other person doesn't particularly like your assumption, they just say it's paper bullshit!.

It's the equivalent of me saying bollocks this girl never existed the whole thing is fabricated?"

I take your point about difference of opinion.

But there's a fundamental difference in having opposing opinions and presenting factual innacuracies.

Facts are either correct or incorrect. Opinions are purely subjective.

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years.

270,000 people don't go missing and stay missing tho. The vast majority are missing for less than 24 hours and go missing intentionally, they are reported missing as a matter of procedure rather than out of fear they have come to any harm. As for Mandy McCann I believe she was already dead prior to being reported and the parents know exactly what happened to her. .

Around 2000 people go missing every year, whoosh gone without a trace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41041855"

Thanks for clarifying my point

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Totally this

Have you ever seen the mother shed a tear??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Unless the £154K is being spent investigating her parents, it's a total waste

Totally this

Have you ever seen the mother shed a tear??"

What does that prove?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Totally this

What does that prove? "

Well as a mother, I know I would be in floods of tears.

Try a guilty conscience for starters, they are involved in it in some way and have a lot to lose if the truth comes out.

Totally this

What does that prove? "

There are something like 14 hours worth of studies on YouTube about the evidence, forensically examined by an expert, I havnt seen it all but I know some good detectives that have studied it and all believe the evidence points directly at the parents having a hand in her disappearance/death, either accidental or not. These studies arn't based on media stories, it's based on written statements, interviews, body language, public appeals etc etc.

Totally this

What does that prove?

Try a guilty conscience for starters, they are involved in it in some way and have a lot to lose if the truth comes out."

People suffer trauma and shock which can cause complete destruction of emotions.

I watched 2 people burn alive in front of me once. I didn't cry or break down. I felt numb. I imagine she's suffering more than we can imagine.

Should she submit to the baying publics desire for guilty plea just to satisfy their thirst for a story?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Totally this

What does that prove?

There are something like 14 hours worth of studies on YouTube about the evidence, forensically examined by an expert, I havnt seen it all but I know some good detectives that have studied it and all believe the evidence points directly at the parents having a hand in her disappearance/death, either accidental or not. These studies arn't based on media stories, it's based on written statements, interviews, body language, public appeals etc etc. "

I'm guessing the detectives haven't been able to submit this youtube evidence to the investigating force then.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Totally this

What does that prove?

Try a guilty conscience for starters, they are involved in it in some way and have a lot to lose if the truth comes out."

When my grandmother died my aunt, her daughter never cried publicly or privately. People grieve differently and I've seen many a guilty person crying their eyes out. Not crying proves nothing.

Totally this

What does that prove?

There are something like 14 hours worth of studies on YouTube about the evidence, forensically examined by an expert, I havnt seen it all but I know some good detectives that have studied it and all believe the evidence points directly at the parents having a hand in her disappearance/death, either accidental or not. These studies arn't based on media stories, it's based on written statements, interviews, body language, public appeals etc etc.

I'm guessing the detectives haven't been able to submit this youtube evidence to the investigating force then."

I think you misunderstood, the detectives have studied the YouTube footage which is there for the whole world to see.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Totally this

What does that prove?

I'm guessing the detectives haven't been able to submit this youtube evidence to the investigating force then.

I think you misunderstood, the detectives have studied the YouTube footage which is there for the whole world to see. "

Genuine question not intended aggressively.

Is it your opinion then that the McCanns are guilty of "something" but despite the published evidence they aren't being prosecuted for some reason?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years. "

'They' ?

I wouldn't stop if it was my child.

End of.

Totally this

What does that prove?

I think you misunderstood, the detectives have studied the YouTube footage which is there for the whole world to see.

Is it your opinion then that the McCanns are guilty of "something" but despite the published evidence they aren't being prosecuted for some reason? "

I believe the McCanns are guilty of covering up her death yes, I don't believe they are being protected from prosecution tho, I believe that will come eventually. An investigation is as much about proving something didn't happen as much as proving it did. The YouTube stuff I referred to is an analysis of everything the McCanns have ever said, whether it's written, public appeals or interviews. It's basically one persons theory based on their own study of the evidence, not evidence in itself if you get me.

Totally this

What does that prove?

Is it your opinion then that the McCanns are guilty of "something" but despite the published evidence they aren't being prosecuted for some reason? "

Yes at the very least child neglect, this is based on their own admissions and statements

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Totally this

What does that prove?

Is it your opinion then that the McCanns are guilty of "something" but despite the published evidence they aren't being prosecuted for some reason?

I believe the McCanns are guilty of covering up her death yes, I don't believe they are being protected from prosecution tho, I believe that will come eventually. An investigation is as much about proving something didn't happen as much as proving it did. The YouTube stuff I referred to is an analysis of everything the McCanns have ever said, whether it's written, public appeals or interviews. It's basically one persons theory based on their own study of the evidence, not evidence in itself if you get me. "

I understand and it bothers me deeply.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Totally this

What does that prove?

Is it your opinion then that the McCanns are guilty of "something" but despite the published evidence they aren't being prosecuted for some reason? .

Yes at the very least child neglect, this is based on their own admissions and statements"

I don't think many people would argue with that.

I think the comment relates to people stating things as facts with corroboration. That's misleading and damage in some topics of conversation. .

It's the equivalent of me saying bollocks this girl never existed the whole thing is fabricated?

I take your point about difference of opinion.

But there's a fundamental difference in having opposing opinions and presenting factual innacuracies.

Facts are either correct or incorrect. Opinions are purely subjective."

https://youtu.be/28RE1qWgQYw

Does being a doctor matter?

Yes being a doctor they should be more than fully aware how little time is required for 2 year old twins and a 4 year old sleeping alone in an unlocked apartment is needed to get into medical problems.

Does being well off matter?.

Yes and no, being well off means they could have afforded baby sitters or at the very least the free baby listening services on offer.

Does being educated make a difference?.

Yes your even more at fault for ignoring what you know than somebody who's just ignorant, although ignorance is no defence of the law, it's certainly a mitigating factor for willfulness

Police are fucked if they have to take on the finely honed PR machine. I suspect keeping the investigation alive is a far better option than the negative implications of calling it a day.

Of course the thing missed by many people is what kegal grounds do Britisg Police have to investigate this.

I think they were wrong to leave 3 young children alone in the holiday appartment.

Prosecuting them now would achieve nothing though and they are punished everyday because Maddy has gone.

There doesn't seem to be much evidence either way about anything else. I have read the police files aswell as reading/viewing other information too.

Their lives must be awful with a child missing. I pity them. I pity the twins.

I don't think we will ever know what happened although i wish we did know.

They've been punished enough?.

No, somebody's apparent remorse is not punishment although it can be mitigating towards the level of punishment!.

The law protects that 4 year old girl from her own parents just as much as a paedophile, just because the paedophile showed great remorse does not mean the law or any investigation is sidelined

Fact.

the last person to see any missing person is your number 1 suspect until evidence to the contrary.

Fact.

most children are abused or murder by a close relative than a complete stranger

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

For me the big question relates to the funding rather than the parents. Basically, how much does the Police spend investigating crimes against UK citizens in foreign countries and how do they decide which ones to investigate and which ones to leave to the local police?

Just as an example, there's the recent story of a girl who 'jumped' to her death from a balcony of a hotel room in Spain after she walked into a room full of single guys who were full of drink and drugs. Why aren't they also investigating this case (and many many others)

london

"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/48-questions-kate-mccann-refused-to-answer-madeleine-disappearance-portugal-a7710111.html

yes, that's nice and all but WHY, if they were so resolutely commuted to finding their child, did they refuse to answer so many of the police questions? It doesn't paint them in a good light really.

Fact

The popo love free foreign jaunts abroad

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"Fact

The popo love free foreign jaunts abroad"

I think some of thus thread is more about people's judgement and prejudice than a debate

Fact.

No evidence of a break in was ever found (not that you'd need to as the door was unlocked).

The McCanns really have worked someone over proper to have so much spent and still being spent after such a long period with no real progress.A total waste of public funds!!

That pair would be guilty as charged if a enquiry looked at there failings,they as far as I'm concerned know just what happened to the little lady ,dear say blood on there hands

Why do I always read threads like this and really want to do further analysis on the

participants in terms of their make-up, preferences etc ?

(for what it's worth, my opinion is fully in alignment with NiceCouple's comments )

"Why do I always read threads like this and really want to do further analysis on the

(for what it's worth, my opinion is fully in alignment with NiceCouple's comments )"

And no, not as in eyeliner or lipstick preference

Prosecuting them now for child neglect wouldn't help Maddie. It would harm the twins though.

A private prosecution for child neglect was brought against them years ago but it failed.

I am certain that they would have been checked over by Leicestershires Safeguarding Team at the time and also since.

I'm not standing up for them at all, I feel that if there is some evidence against them then it would have come to light by now. I have read the police files aswell as many other articles.

"For me the big question relates to the funding rather than the parents. Basically, how much does the Police spend investigating crimes against UK citizens in foreign countries and how do they decide which ones to investigate and which ones to leave to the local police?

Just as an example, there's the recent story of a girl who 'jumped' to her death from a balcony of a hotel room in Spain after she walked into a room full of single guys who were full of drink and drugs. Why aren't they also investigating this case (and many many others)"

"Fact

The popo love free foreign jaunts abroad

I think some of thus thread is more about people's judgement and prejudice than a debate "

I threw that in to see if anybody spotted between fact and opinion

There is no way an incident of ths nature would not have raised a safeguarding review, the reality is though that the twins would never have been taken in to care on the basis of being left alone. And that;s nothing to do with class or privilege or contacts, it;s because taking kids in to care is a last resort and not a first

Waste of money. She will be a complete skeleton now!! Poor girl

"There is no way an incident of ths nature would not have raised a safeguarding review, the reality is though that the twins would never have been taken in to care on the basis of being left alone. And that;s nothing to do with class or privilege or contacts, it;s because taking kids in to care is a last resort and not a first"

I agree.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why do I always read threads like this and really want to do further analysis on the

(for what it's worth, my opinion is fully in alignment with NiceCouple's comments )

And no, not as in eyeliner or lipstick preference "

Basically then we're both doomed

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

"Police are fucked if they have to take on the finely honed PR machine. I suspect keeping the investigation alive is a far better option than the negative implications of calling it a day.

"

IMO because of the amount of media coverage of this case, there is a lot of public interest, opinion and pressure to solve this case. Every single detail comes under intense scrutiny to make sure it cannot be disputed in any way by an impartial jury. But everybody has their own opinion already so would not be impartial.

With so many people watching this case with passion, dare they risk sentancing 2 innocent people to prison for 25 to life. Or if they are guilty and get imprisoned, can you imagine what the security costs would be to ensure they were protected from other prisoners, and the consequences of either of them being victims of violence whilst in prison, becoming public knowledge.

You could unequivocally get the truth as to if the mother and father know.

But torture isn't legal here.

Maybe a lil water boarding and no blood no harm is in order.

East Hull

"You could unequivocally get the truth as to if the mother and father know.

Maybe a lil water boarding and no blood no harm is in order. "

They'd make a fortune from the broadcasting rights and payments, PPV ect.ect.

"You could unequivocally get the truth as to if the mother and father know.

Maybe a lil water boarding and no blood no harm is in order.

They'd make a fortune from the broadcasting rights and payments, PPV ect.ect."

A confession gained through torture is not and never will be admissible as evidence in a British court. That's the law. Did you however know that information or corroborated evidence gained via torture in a country where torture is legal is admissible?

By *amo2121Man  over a year ago

swansea

"

This!!! This!!! This!! You sick people !! Obviously you don't have kids!! Felt violated reading this when is enough ever enough when you have kids!! If they could throw billions at this to get a result I would back it !! If this was anyone of my children I would never stop. You accuse them on evidence you read in the sun newspaper!!! Shame on you !!! Do you think after all this time with the world taking on the case that there is even a shroud of evidence to think they are guilty??? If they are they have fooled the world ...or are you saying our British police have been scammed ??? You sick people!!! Hang your head on shame this is a little girl who is either missing or dead !! And this is no place to discuss such issues.

I wouldn’t like to try and guess what happened that night.

However we have four kids and we have never left them alone ever. To do so (in our opinion is neglect)

We are both professional people too (Mr a teacher Mrs a sister) not that being educated makes a difference to common sense, I feel bad for Maddie’s siblings and poor Maddy. If she was truly abducted I feel for her parents, but do also truly feel they were negligent in their care towards their children.

swansea

I hope the silence is because your all hanging your heads in shame!!...shame on you this is a girl!! A little girl!! I hope this is the last post on this thread .

swansea

"I wouldn’t like to try and guess what happened that night.

However we have four kids and we have never left them alone ever. To do so (in our opinion is neglect)

We are both professional people too (Mr a teacher Mrs a sister) not that being educated makes a difference to common sense, I feel bad for Maddie’s siblings and poor Maddy. If she was truly abducted I feel for her parents, but do also truly feel they were negligent in their care towards their children."

We are not gifted with any evidence!! Therefore we should not be privileged to make any viewpoint!! Especially somewhere like here!! Ffs

"I hope the silence is because your all hanging your heads in shame!!...shame on you this is a girl!! A little girl!! I hope this is the last post on this thread ."

There's no shame in having an opinion, not based on the sun newspaper which isn't sold round these here parts but based on cold hard facts or lack thereof. Try doing some research and then come back when you have a bit of knowledge about it rather than just jumping on a misinformed bandwagon. Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us but that doesn't make either side of the fence right or wrong. If I thought for one minute that girl was out there to be found I'd be out there fundraising myself, just as I did around the time it happened but my opinion has changed in time.

We are both professional people too (Mr a teacher Mrs a sister) not that being educated makes a difference to common sense, I feel bad for Maddie’s siblings and poor Maddy. If she was truly abducted I feel for her parents, but do also truly feel they were negligent in their care towards their children.

We are not gifted with any evidence!! Therefore we should not be privileged to make any viewpoint!! Especially somewhere like here!! Ffs"

Yet you continue to voice yours!

We are not gifted with any evidence!! Therefore we should not be privileged to make any viewpoint!! Especially somewhere like here!! Ffs"

They have admitted leaving them alone whilst they went out.

swansea

"I hope the silence is because your all hanging your heads in shame!!...shame on you this is a girl!! A little girl!! I hope this is the last post on this thread .

There's no shame in having an opinion, not based on the sun newspaper which isn't sold round these here parts but based on cold hard facts or lack thereof. Try doing some research and then come back when you have a bit of knowledge about it rather than just jumping on a misinformed bandwagon. Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us but that doesn't make either side of the fence right or wrong. If I thought for one minute that girl was out there to be found I'd be out there fundraising myself, just as I did around the time it happened but my opinion has changed in time. "

And what evidence do you Have??? More than the Portuguese police??? More than the British police??? Have the fooled the world ??? That you think they have done such a horrendous crime but rather than back away from it they still raise money for It!! Do you not think that if nothing else that this raises awareness for other kids who are missing!!! You disgust me!! No facts??? Or let's see them?? Do you know something that the British police don't know?? No...you base you facts on what is printed!! Dusgracefull ...end thus forum subject.

swansea

We are not gifted with any evidence!! Therefore we should not be privileged to make any viewpoint!! Especially somewhere like here!! Ffs

They have admitted leaving them alone whilst they went out."

So charge them for that!! Whoever is guilty guys thus us a little girl we are talking about x cmon

So charge them for that!! Whoever is guilty guys thus us a little girl we are talking about x cmon"

I have said to charge them for anything, I have stated that we feel leaving your kids alone while you go out for dinner is neglect, based on our professionalism and safeguarding training.

Apologies if this has upset you.

swansea

They have admitted leaving them alone whilst they went out."

To think this subject rides along side "guys who wank" you have kids...what a place to discuss it innit.

"I hope the silence is because your all hanging your heads in shame!!...shame on you this is a girl!! A little girl!! I hope this is the last post on this thread .

There's no shame in having an opinion, not based on the sun newspaper which isn't sold round these here parts but based on cold hard facts or lack thereof. Try doing some research and then come back when you have a bit of knowledge about it rather than just jumping on a misinformed bandwagon. Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us but that doesn't make either side of the fence right or wrong. If I thought for one minute that girl was out there to be found I'd be out there fundraising myself, just as I did around the time it happened but my opinion has changed in time.

And what evidence do you Have??? More than the Portuguese police??? More than the British police??? Have the fooled the world ??? That you think they have done such a horrendous crime but rather than back away from it they still raise money for It!! Do you not think that if nothing else that this raises awareness for other kids who are missing!!! You disgust me!! No facts??? Or let's see them?? Do you know something that the British police don't know?? No...you base you facts on what is printed!! Dusgracefull ...end thus forum subject."

Like I said before, the evidence is there for all to see, do some research and you'll see it for yourself and I don't mean the bloody sun. Don't tell me what I'm basing my opinion on, you really have no idea. If you have read the whole post then you have no reason to be disgusted, which bit disgusts you? I'd love that kid to be alive and well but I believe she died that night, that's an educated guess not sun newspaper bullshit.

[Removed by poster at 29/09/17 21:17:16]

"We are not gifted with any evidence!! Therefore we should not be privileged to make any viewpoint!! Especially somewhere like here!! Ffs"

But you expressed your viewpoint?

swansea

And what evidence do you Have??? More than the Portuguese police??? More than the British police??? Have the fooled the world ??? That you think they have done such a horrendous crime but rather than back away from it they still raise money for It!! Do you not think that if nothing else that this raises awareness for other kids who are missing!!! You disgust me!! No facts??? Or let's see them?? Do you know something that the British police don't know?? No...you base you facts on what is printed!! Dusgracefull ...end thus forum subject.

Like I said before, the evidence is there for all to see, do some research and you'll see it for yourself and I don't mean the bloody sun. Don't tell me what I'm basing my opinion on, you really have no idea. If you have read the whole post then you have no reason to be disgusted, which bit disgusts you? I'd love that kid to be alive and well but I believe she died that night, that's an educated guess not sun newspaper bullshit. "

Disgraceful. I won't warrant you with anymore answers you obviously don't have kids . Ile be leaving this subject now as I'm human and as I said I don't think this is the place to discuss such subjects.

Like I said before, the evidence is there for all to see, do some research and you'll see it for yourself and I don't mean the bloody sun. Don't tell me what I'm basing my opinion on, you really have no idea. If you have read the whole post then you have no reason to be disgusted, which bit disgusts you? I'd love that kid to be alive and well but I believe she died that night, that's an educated guess not sun newspaper bullshit.

Disgraceful. I won't warrant you with anymore answers you obviously don't have kids . Ile be leaving this subject now as I'm human and as I said I don't think this is the place to discuss such subjects. "

Whatever, bye

And what evidence do you Have??? More than the Portuguese police??? More than the British police??? Have the fooled the world ??? That you think they have done such a horrendous crime but rather than back away from it they still raise money for It!! Do you not think that if nothing else that this raises awareness for other kids who are missing!!! You disgust me!! No facts??? Or let's see them?? Do you know something that the British police don't know?? No...you base you facts on what is printed!! Dusgracefull ...end thus forum subject."

Just as you are basing your argument on opinions that are printed ?

I have kids, have never read the sun but I'm intelligent enough to see when something just isn't right.

Emotions will always be heated either way on this and every little detail has been debated a million times online. don't doubt for one second that everyone, either if they voice a vastly different opinion to yours, isn't thinking of that poor girls best interests

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Yes, then have spent far too much money on this investigation. They have also spent far too much money on "guarding" Julian Assange.

East Hull

This is why there will never be a conviction! Because of media coverage everybody has already been judge and jury, some of them passionately, either verdict could potentially start a massive public outcry here, and abroad.

It's becoming as much of an enigma as the JFK assassination.

So charge them for that!! Whoever is guilty guys thus us a little girl we are talking about x cmon"

Honestly if you can't handle this thread, I really don't believe this website is for you, furthermore I wouldn't even venture on to the interweb as your far to "sensitive"

So charge them for that!! Whoever is guilty guys thus us a little girl we are talking about x cmon.

Honestly if you can't handle this thread, I really don't believe this website is for you, furthermore I wouldn't even venture on to the interweb as your far to "sensitive""

So true

So charge them for that!! Whoever is guilty guys thus us a little girl we are talking about x cmon.

Honestly if you can't handle this thread, I really don't believe this website is for you, furthermore I wouldn't even venture on to the interweb as your far to "sensitive"

So true "

Erm is this aimed at us?

"They've been punished enough?.

No, somebody's apparent remorse is not punishment although it can be mitigating towards the level of punishment!.

The law protects that 4 year old girl from her own parents just as much as a paedophile, just because the paedophile showed great remorse does not mean the law or any investigation is sidelined"

Bump

So true

Erm is this aimed at us?"

No it's aimed at the snowflake from Swansea

I meant it about the guy who says we shouldn't discuss it here.

Basically then we're both doomed "

I'll be doomed with you, I reckon you'd be good company for a natter during our last minutes.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years. "

I agree a complete waste of tax payers money they must have influence in high places we do not know about

"They've been punished enough?.

The law protects that 4 year old girl from her own parents just as much as a paedophile, just because the paedophile showed great remorse does not mean the law or any investigation is sidelined.

Bump "

Double bump

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'll be doomed with you, I reckon you'd be good company for a natter during our last minutes. "

I'll bring champagne

So true

Erm is this aimed at us?.

No it's aimed at the snowflake from Swansea "

I'll be doomed with you, I reckon you'd be good company for a natter during our last minutes.

I'll bring champagne "

I knew I loved you.

london

"I hope the silence is because your all hanging your heads in shame!!...shame on you this is a girl!! A little girl!! I hope this is the last post on this thread ."

*complains about thread*

*actively engages in thread*

no-one forced you to read or reply to anything you silly goose. We're grown-ups discussing real events

East Hull

*complains about thread*

*actively engages in thread*

no-one forced you to read or reply to anything you silly goose. We're grown-ups discussing real events"

I can see where this guy is coming from, he has shared his own very personal opinion about something he clearly has strong feelings on.

A little too strong in some people's opinions so he's being hated on?

Clearly this gentleman needs to take a step back for a few moments to himself to prevent this situation becoming any more heated.

This thread is about Maddie Maccaan right?

I have no idea who killed Maddie, my only observation is that I have never seen either of her parents shed a tear for her.

national lottery is a peoples lottery

when we play we are putting in not only to win but to help others.

billions in the pot in unclaimed prizes

let the lotttery fund it to continue solving the crime

[Removed by poster at 30/09/17 02:26:39]

"national lottery is a peoples lottery

when we play we are putting in not only to win but to help others.

billions in the pot in unclaimed prizes

let the lotttery fund it to continue solving the crime"

unfortunately that went out of the window at the very beginning when unlike in other countries, in true British fashion, it was decided that it would be a profit making organisation.

Charity starts in the politician's back pocket, as it were!

By *orny_engineerMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

Why would you leave the door unlocked with two kids unsupervised and go for dinner.

"Why would you leave the door unlocked with two kids unsupervised and go for dinner."

why do humans make stupid mistakes?

By *orny_engineerMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

"Why would you leave the door unlocked with two kids unsupervised and go for dinner.

"

touche

That money could of gone on things like our struggling NHS, it’s driving me mad!! They need to be charged with the murder her parents are guilty and have made millions off the death of a child who does that! Makes me evil this subject! About time they where just honest!!

Or in the McCanns case.... until they crack and tell the truth about killing their daughter."

That ain’t ever going to happen

It's now been established that it's very likely Ben Needham died in a digger accident on the day he disappeared and was buried by the digger driver who is now dead. Strangely there hasn't been anyone shouting "why was he left to play alone when there was heavy plant working in the area" .

Actually there was many paper stories of morality about that case although technically nothing like the McCann's, his mother left him with her grandparents while she went to work.

The grandparents were renovating the house they lived in but the heavy plant machinery was actually next door not in their property, he had been playing in the garden coming in and out while the grandparents were busy, it was remote and the garden fairly secure, they made reasonable assumptions that unfortunately proved unlucky.

That's not even remotely similar to leaving two year old twins and a four year old alone in an unlocked apartment when you go out to dinner"

And a ground floor unlocked apartment right next to the road

Why oh why would someone do that?

Totally this

Have you ever seen the mother shed a tear??"

No they both go jogging on the beach instead

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Why would you leave the door unlocked with two kids unsupervised and go for dinner.

"

That's not a stupid mistake. A stupid mistake is leaving the iron on or leaving the lights on in your car.

They didn't forget they had 3 children to take care of, they didn't forget that they took them on holiday, they didn't forget that they left them in the apartment so that they could enjoy a child free dinner with their friends.

That's not a stupid mistake. A stupid mistake is leaving the iron on or leaving the lights on in your car.

They didn't forget they had 3 children to take care of, they didn't forget that they took them on holiday, they didn't forget that they left them in the apartment so that they could enjoy a child free dinner with their friends. "

The trouble is when the narrative is pushed they use words like, "silly mistake" and "punished enough" this then becomes endemic in societies perceptions of the case to the point where they actually start believing it!!.

Alan Bennett brother of murdered Keith Bennett is still looking for his brother after nigh on 60 years. I know Alan and his determination is inspiring and unwavering. Never see him in the papers banging on about injustice. He lost faith in the media years ago.

The police stopped searching. But the case is still open.

Then there is little April Jones. I visit the estate she lived on in Machynlleth regularly. I see her mum and it's heartbreaking. She's has the stuffing knocked out of her, yes April was murdered but Al they had was bone fragments.

"

Disgraceful. I won't warrant you with anymore answers you obviously don't have kids . Ile be leaving this subject now as I'm human and as I said I don't think this is the place to discuss such subjects. "

You have nothing to say and your saying it too loud!

"

Mistake!? Define mistake ???

They left their 3 small children home alone so they could go out socialising, thats neglect!!!

sure babysitters exist there

They didn't forget they had 3 children to take care of, they didn't forget that they took them on holiday, they didn't forget that they left them in the apartment so that they could enjoy a child free dinner with their friends. "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What many people seem to be saying is that the search for a missing child should be stopped because it was the parents fault and it costs too much.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Utter stupidity and negligence in my opinion. I still don't think its reason enough to stop looking for her.

evesham

I think it is foolish to believe that all other missing children cases get forgotten about so easily, it's just they aren't driven by such a major publicity machine. That's the difference with this one.

I have my views on the parents and the choices they made that evening and I do believe that they would be vilified if they werent a Dr and a nurse. I also have theories about what happened that night based on information I have read.

That being said I think that people on here are right. No one would give up looking for a child if it was theirs.

If there are genuine leads then of course the investigation should continue. But after 10 years, no arrests, no new information and on the face of it no real progressever having been made you have to question just where that money is going? Surel every possible avenue has been exhausted now?

"What many people seem to be saying is that the search for a missing child should be stopped because it was the parents fault and it costs too much.

"

I'm not sure about anybody else but if I thought for one minute she was alive I wouldn't complain if billions was spent searching for her. I believe she died that night so any search is futile and I also believe the parents know that too and they know exactly what happened to her.

"I think it is foolish to believe that all other missing children cases get forgotten about so easily, it's just they aren't driven by such a major publicity machine. That's the difference with this one.

I have my views on the parents and the choices they made that evening and I do believe that they would be vilified if they werent a Dr and a nurse. I also have theories about what happened that night based on information I have read.

That being said I think that people on here are right. No one would give up looking for a child if it was theirs. "

They are/were both doctors.

I think they are vilified by many people.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What many people seem to be saying is that the search for a missing child should be stopped because it was the parents fault and it costs too much.

I'm not sure about anybody else but if I thought for one minute she was alive I wouldn't complain if billions was spent searching for her. I believe she died that night so any search is futile and I also believe the parents know that too and they know exactly what happened to her. "

I'm not being rude but it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what the police believe. Either they believe they can find her or her body or there is pressure being exerted from somewhere.

I do know that people still come forward claiming to have seen a child they believe to be her.

I'm not sure about anybody else but if I thought for one minute she was alive I wouldn't complain if billions was spent searching for her. I believe she died that night so any search is futile and I also believe the parents know that too and they know exactly what happened to her.

I'm not being rude but it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what the police believe. Either they believe they can find her or her body or there is pressure being exerted from somewhere.

I do know that people still come forward claiming to have seen a child they believe to be her."

You're right, it doesn't matter what anybody believes about absolutely anything but as with all forums people add their own opinions and beliefs and they're all entitled to them. I merely replied to what you posted, I havnt read one post that said they shouldn't look for the girl because her parents are to blame.

evesham

"I think it is foolish to believe that all other missing children cases get forgotten about so easily, it's just they aren't driven by such a major publicity machine. That's the difference with this one.

That being said I think that people on here are right. No one would give up looking for a child if it was theirs.

I think they are vilified by many people."

True, I guess they are but I believe that their status has protected them from much much worse.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I do know that people still come forward claiming to have seen a child they believe to be her.

You're right, it doesn't matter what anybody believes about absolutely anything but as with all forums people add their own opinions and beliefs and they're all entitled to them. I merely replied to what you posted, I havnt read one post that said they shouldn't look for the girl because her parents are to blame. "

That's the nature of forums and discussion in general, no? The exchange of opinions.

My opinion is that many people have implied that money is being wrongly spent on looking for a child who went missing at the age of four because her parents are responsible and if they admitted it the money wouldn't need to be spent.

"If there are genuine leads then of course the investigation should continue. But after 10 years, no arrests, no new information and on the face of it no real progressever having been made you have to question just where that money is going? Surel every possible avenue has been exhausted now?"

It's slightly farcical now, the police will (bless them) chase anything if it requires a week in the Algarve, they've interviewed hundreds of so called "witnesses" , re-examined hundreds of pieces of forensic evidence, been all over Europe, named countless "potential culprits" who were "likely" or "known" to be in the area..... And yet not even enough for a single arrest?..

Just need another £150,000 as we have another "new" lead, they've interviewed everybody except the only two people ever arrested on suspicion of it, funny that, not even arrested them for the very obvious and self confessed crime of neglect in which a 4 year old girl has vanished.

The only person let down in this Saga is Madeleine McCann

And people still ask..... How did Jimmy saville get away with it

[Removed by poster at 30/09/17 19:15:54]

I think they are vilified by many people.

True, I guess they are but I believe that their status has protected them from much much worse. "

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years.

270,000 people don't go missing and stay missing tho. The vast majority are missing for less than 24 hours and go missing intentionally, they are reported missing as a matter of procedure rather than out of fear they have come to any harm. As for Mandy McCann I believe she was already dead prior to being reported and the parents know exactly what happened to her. "

Yep agreed. This murder is linked to the highest levels of government, and elswhere too. Tony Blair sent his top media manipulator out there within a day or two, which is incredibly odd, and the money that was generated is freaking ridiculous. And it was all spent by the McCanns on various farsical agencies etc. I dont know what happened exactly, but I suspect that Maddy was being routinely used by a high level paedophile ring, WITH her parents consent, and finally killed either deliberately or accidentally, and then covered up at the highest levels.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Suspect = Guess?

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years.

270,000 people don't go missing and stay missing tho. The vast majority are missing for less than 24 hours and go missing intentionally, they are reported missing as a matter of procedure rather than out of fear they have come to any harm. As for Mandy McCann I believe she was already dead prior to being reported and the parents know exactly what happened to her.

Yep agreed. This murder is linked to the highest levels of government, and elswhere too. Tony Blair sent his top media manipulator out there within a day or two, which is incredibly odd, and the money that was generated is freaking ridiculous. And it was all spent by the McCanns on various farsical agencies etc. I dont know what happened exactly, but I suspect that Maddy was being routinely used by a high level paedophile ring, WITH her parents consent, and finally killed either deliberately or accidentally, and then covered up at the highest levels."

I think that's all very far fetched and highly unlikely. I think she'd died by accident and the parents concocted the abduction story to protect themselves, I don't think she was murdered. But it's all just conjecture and personal opinion isn't it. I'd love to be proved wrong I really would.

£11 million spent so far

It's been 10 years.

Yep agreed. This murder is linked to the highest levels of government, and elswhere too. Tony Blair sent his top media manipulator out there within a day or two, which is incredibly odd, and the money that was generated is freaking ridiculous. And it was all spent by the McCanns on various farsical agencies etc. I dont know what happened exactly, but I suspect that Maddy was being routinely used by a high level paedophile ring, WITH her parents consent, and finally killed either deliberately or accidentally, and then covered up at the highest levels."

I doubt in my opinion your far from the truth there, very shady, lisbon treaty and all that.

Yes, it is time to stop it, she is probably in hiding in afrika as it is a quick escape route.

"Suspect = Guess? "

Is there a problem with the word 'suspect' ?

Or are you just trying to show that you know what the word means?

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Suspect = Guess?

Is there a problem with the word 'suspect' ?

Or are you just trying to show that you know what the word means?"

You can guess, surmise, propose theories, believe in conspiracies or whatever you want, but in truth you do not know what occurred.

We can make up whatever we want about this, possibly even believe in it, but in reality we know nothing.

swansea

I hope the ones that called them murderers and that they are part of a paedophile ring have some proof as this being in print is liable.

"I hope the ones that called them murderers and that they are part of a paedophile ring have some proof as this being in print is liable. "

Thought you wasn't going to. Other to reply any more?

swansea

"I hope the ones that called them murderers and that they are part of a paedophile ring have some proof as this being in print is liable.

Thought you wasn't going to. Other to reply any more?

"

Make some sense is it? Can you put a sentence together that I might be able to read? Thought you wasn't going to. Other to reply anymore. What is that supposed to mean?? Or were so excited that I came back you got flustered with all your hatered?

Says it all really doesn't it.

[Removed by poster at 30/09/17 22:40:24]

swansea

"I hope the ones that called them murderers and that they are part of a paedophile ring have some proof as this being in print is liable.

Liable for what exactly? If you're going to try to be clever at least try to use the right words. The world you're looking for is libel. "

The WORLD I'm looking for!!!! Lol i think the WORD your looking for is WORD lol ...pot /kettle?

"I hope the ones that called them murderers and that they are part of a paedophile ring have some proof as this being in print is liable. "

Liable for what exactly? If you're going to try to be clever and pick holes in grammar at least try to use the right words yourself. The word you're looking for is libel.

swansea

Yeah you can delete it your end but I was yo quick. Now you really look silly.

Liable for what exactly? If you're going to try to be clever at least try to use the right words. The world you're looking for is libel.

The WORLD I'm looking for!!!! Lol i think the WORD your looking for is WORD lol ...pot /kettle?"

That was auto carrot, you just used the wrong word, quite different.

U;;m not sure highlighting typos strengthens either of your arguments

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Keep the thread on topic guys please

"Yeah you can delete it your end but I was yo quick. Now you really look silly. "

Well not really, I deleted it because I realised my phone had changed word for world so I wrote it again but well done.

swansea

Liable for what exactly? If you're going to try to be clever and pick holes in grammar at least try to use the right words yourself. The word you're looking for is libel."

and "publication"

A defamatory statement is not actionable unless it is published. Unfortunately for webmasters, when libel lawyers say "published", they mean communicated to one person (not including the person defamed). You can libel someone by writing about them on a personal blog, providing at least one person accesses the defamatory material.

This!!

Keep going...fingers crossed we can argue enough for the thread to get to bug and close...suit me fine

swansea

"Yeah you can delete it your end but I was yo quick. Now you really look silly.

Well not really, I deleted it because I realised my phone had changed word for world so I wrote it again but well done. "

Ah right lol lol

"Keep the thread on topic guys please"

He started it miss

swansea

Liable for what exactly? If you're going to try to be clever at least try to use the right words. The world you're looking for is libel.

The WORLD I'm looking for!!!! Lol i think the WORD your looking for is WORD lol ...pot /kettle?

That was auto carrot, you just used the wrong word, quite different. "

Auto carrot!!!!