FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Another year over...

Another year over...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...And a new one's just begun.

I've been on Fab a full year, and when I joined I couldn't see me staying long. But, I log on here to chat/converse/flirt (amd regularly beg for needy sexual contact - lonely in Manchester! Call me?) and I simply put it down to such a diverse forum of people. Even the members I don't see post who are in here and are enjoying funky sex with each other is a vibe that's amazing. And in the midst of it all, I might have made some online friends.

So, I conclude my early morning thoughts with - just like great sex, it gets better over time when it's with people you know.

Are you an old timer? Is it better now or was it better in the olden days when you were fresh meat?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You get to master techniques the older you get, this year has been a no meet for sex year, had some nice socials but we’ve just never been able to take it to the next level because of busy lives.

I’m hoping next year I will be able to tick a few things off my bucket list, which means me being more proactive of course to get said ticks, I’ve been around this site for over 10 years now, and I was just chatting yesterday with a women about how the site has evolved to what most guys think is a sex site, and not a swingers site.

Here’s to a very active 2018

FAF anyone?

I haven't been here a year yet but a lot has changed in the time I have.

Ive discovered the forums and loved joining in and getting to know people.

I've met some great people and made awesome friends.

I'm not sure things are better as such, just different.

The initial excitement has worn off not just for me but about me. The amount of people approaching me is a bit lower naturally but also the amount who catch my eye has too, maybe im more cynical now but also the ones who I would converse with from the forums or chat where we have a basis has basically dropped off and I miss that, I find it hard starting from scratch with someone I haven't seen around the site before.

Been on here over a year though not on the forums for all of that and I have noticed a small change. I think that’s due to being on here so long and the change in forumites posting.

I think there has been a rash of negative posts but also some very funny ones.

I’m hoping that next year will see more meets happen as I’ve got to stop automatically coming onto the forums as I log in. So lots more faf messages to be sent..

But also looking forward to more socials and getting to meet more of the fabbers I talk to regularly. X

I'm going to (possibly) bring the mood of the thread down, for which i apologise OP, but it's just my opinion after all....

The site hasn't changed. It's just the longer you're on site, the more you notice the bullshit. The arse kissing in the forums, the subtle bitching about someone but no bugger else knows what's going on as we've missed that one post that started it off, the fact that most cams in chat just show someone sat on a sofa chatting to their mate, laughing. What about? Fuck knows cos they've muted their mike.

Messages. Ah lovely messages. When us ladies first join we get 1236 a day, which once you've past the 6 month mark drops to 189 a day unless you upload a tit/fanny pic, in which the profile views soar and you get an increase in messages along the lines of "nice tits". Quality .

The longer you're on Fab you start questioning your faith in relationships. You realise that casual sex is sometimes quite hard to come by unless you clear your diary for a month. Safe sex to some just means not getting caught by their partner.

But then you realise that there are a few gems on here, and they make all the "nice legs what time do they open?" messages worth it.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"I'm going to (possibly) bring the mood of the thread down, for which i apologise OP, but it's just my opinion after all....

The site hasn't changed. It's just the longer you're on site, the more you notice the bullshit. The arse kissing in the forums, the subtle bitching about someone but no bugger else knows what's going on as we've missed that one post that started it off, the fact that most cams in chat just show someone sat on a sofa chatting to their mate, laughing. What about? Fuck knows cos they've muted their mike.

Messages. Ah lovely messages. When us ladies first join we get 1236 a day, which once you've past the 6 month mark drops to 189 a day unless you upload a tit/fanny pic, in which the profile views soar and you get an increase in messages along the lines of "nice tits". Quality .

The longer you're on Fab you start questioning your faith in relationships. You realise that casual sex is sometimes quite hard to come by unless you clear your diary for a month. Safe sex to some just means not getting caught by their partner.

But then you realise that there are a few gems on here, and they make all the "nice legs what time do they open?" messages worth it.

"

"I'm going to (possibly) bring the mood of the thread down, for which i apologise OP, but it's just my opinion after all....

"

Excellent comment, deffo hit the nail on the head

We've been on over a year, the only difference being that we don't have to search for compatible meets as much as we used to mainly due to using the forums! I've never got myself worked up over any negativity on here, just enjoy the interactions and count myself blessed that we've met some incredible friends and had some amazing sex!

Here's to 2018! Bring it on!

Peach x

"

"

Your right, those gems are who I keep my eye on. .

Amd how's you diary in march?

"

You have saved me a lot of typing...

"

"You get to master techniques the older you get, this year has been a no meet for sex year, had some nice socials but we’ve just never been able to take it to the next level because of busy lives.

FAF anyone?

"

Since being here, I do concider myself lucky if a women wants to meet for something sexual. But, if I look back, I have met more socially. . Coffee is nice, but it's not that nice.

"

That's exactly how I view fab

"You get to master techniques the older you get, this year has been a no meet for sex year, had some nice socials but we’ve just never been able to take it to the next level because of busy lives.

FAF anyone?

Since being here, I do concider myself lucky if a women wants to meet for something sexual. But, if I look back, I have met more socially. . Coffee is nice, but it's not that nice. "

The 'coffee' we've had hasn't been bad really Bee....

Peach x

FAF anyone?

Since being here, I do concider myself lucky if a women wants to meet for something sexual. But, if I look back, I have met more socially. . Coffee is nice, but it's not that nice. "

I enjoy the social side of swinging

As someone who sits on the periphery of fab I enjoy the forums and banter. Lots of genuine funny people, so its all good.

I’ve been on here for 7 years next month and haven’t met anyone for the last 4. Which give or take a few months coincided with me finding the fora. If it weren’t for the forum I wouldn’t be here at all. I have a few online friends here and enjoy the interaction on the forum generally. I prefer it to Facebook as a place to waste a bit of time. It is often entertaining, often amusing (I’ve had some of the most cathartic uncontrollable fits of laughter on threads on here of my life). The characters have come and gone over the years but it remains similar. Bitc_iness, time wasting, drama and mindless messages have always been a part of it, but I find it is the only place in this crazy world where I can, if I choose to, really express all the different parts of me. My personal and professional life can be quite intense at times and this is my online escape. WillI use it for casual sex again in the future? I hope so...

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

We find its getting harder to meet couples,factor in attraction of 4 people,availibilty etc,so are using our single profiles to meet too now.

I often just use the forums unless someone sparks interest on here.

Miss

"

Brilliant!!

I’d only add that the same “characters” turn up in different posters over time. No one is original.

I’d say there’s more “XYZ #” threads in higher figures now.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I have been here lot longer than a year

As a single guy I have probably not messaged that many people this year looking for a meet. Had a look trough veri m’s and actually all have been club meets with the exception of the London social

For me I am often in Manchester but not often enough for the people that live there and for those in south east I can only do 2 weekends in 4, add on that I may be watching football and I don’t have a car it’s difficult

Don’t get me wrong I have had fun this year, so everyone that has played with me, chatted with me, read my nice fanny, nice boobs, nice outfit, FaF thank you.

FAF anyone?

Since being here, I do concider myself lucky if a women wants to meet for something sexual. But, if I look back, I have met more socially. . Coffee is nice, but it's not that nice.

Peach x"

Can I put the kettle on?

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

bugger me, i have just realised i have been here almost 18 months...

time does fly when you are having fun, lets see if next year can bring some of that fun into the bedroom..

FAF anyone?

Peach x

Can I put the kettle on? "

Bring it up to the boil..

Peach x

have you only been here a year mr b ??? - ive been here for years now - prefer the forum now ive met a fair few of you and yes made some friends - not had sex with many forum folk though - one particular lady who not on as much now i met and i know there is another one ive met that plans are in the making - but who kows what the future will bring -

--- doesnt time fly when youre having fun

"have you only been here a year mr b ??? - ive been here for years now - prefer the forum now ive met a fair few of you and yes made some friends - not had sex with many forum folk though - one particular lady who not on as much now i met and i know there is another one ive met that plans are in the making - but who kows what the future will bring -

--- doesnt time fly when youre having fun "

Yes. It flipping does.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Brilliant!! "

Couldnt have written it better

Fab is fun, certainly not to be taken too seriously. I enjoy it. The people I’ve jnteracted with are wonderful. And I consider myself to be a very lucky man.

Thanks gang

"Fab is fun, certainly not to be taken too seriously. I enjoy it. The people I’ve jnteracted with are wonderful. And I consider myself to be a very lucky man.

Thanks gang "

Better now youv'e been here a while?

And your right, if we don't enjoy it, why would we be here?

"We find its getting harder to meet couples,factor in attraction of 4 people,availibilty etc,so are using our single profiles to meet too now.

I often just use the forums unless someone sparks interest on here.

Miss"

Same as the Mrs and me.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

"

Love this xx

I have been here years but I come and go.

I haven't had a sex meet from here in knocking 5 years as I don't actively seek them

I just like it as a place to hang out.

I have been here as a single and as a couple and to be fair, found it easier as a single guy.

I do find though, that it can be a little addictive hence the reason I come and go.

People say 'just hide the profile' but that is like dieting when you know there are biscuits in the cupboard. So total Fab turkey is required.

Has it changed ? Yes, definitely

There are 3 times more people using the site for a start. That brings it's own problems.

It does seem more 'unsettled' than it used to be. There are way more obvious demands and conditions placed on members by other members. It makes seem a little less friendly.

I think that could just be a by-product of the increased membership though.

I think I'm hitting the 6 month mark but still enjoying it. I like to get involved in the silliness of the forum and try to leave the serious stuff to the serious people.

Messages are definitely less than when I started but that's no bad thing as I don't tend to act on them anyway.

Have met a few great people, a few more I'd like to, but i have patience. All in all I use this as a bit of an escape from real life and try not to take it too seriously or let it take over.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Messages are definitely less than when I started "

Hang on, I can help with that

FAF anyone?

Peach x

Can I put the kettle on? "

Cheapskate

Only two

I’ve been on and off here for years, as everyone knows that’s how we met, we left earlier in the year but are back and looking to actually swing and not just chat in the forums anymore.

Geeky x

"Messages are definitely less than when I started

Hang on, I can help with that "

I should have said from people I don't already talk too

"I have been here years but I come and go.

I haven't had a sex meet from here in knocking 5 years as I don't actively seek them

I just like it as a place to hang out.

I have been here as a single and as a couple and to be fair, found it easier as a single guy.

I do find though, that it can be a little addictive hence the reason I come and go.

People say 'just hide the profile' but that is like dieting when you know there are biscuits in the cupboard. So total Fab turkey is required.

Has it changed ? Yes, definitely

There are 3 times more people using the site for a start. That brings it's own problems.

It does seem more 'unsettled' than it used to be. There are way more obvious demands and conditions placed on members by other members. It makes seem a little less friendly.

I think that could just be a by-product of the increased membership though.

"

It's a good insite.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"...And a new one's just begun.

I've been on Fab a full year, and when I joined I couldn't see me staying long. But, I log on here to chat/converse/flirt (amd regularly beg for needy sexual contact - lonely in Manchester! Call me?) and I simply put it down to such a diverse forum of people. Even the members I don't see post who are in here and are enjoying funky sex with each other is a vibe that's amazing. And in the midst of it all, I might have made some online friends.

So, I conclude my early morning thoughts with - just like great sex, it gets better over time when it's with people you know.

Are you an old timer? Is it better now or was it better in the olden days when you were fresh meat?

"

Don't no not had any

FAF anyone?

Peach x

Can I put the kettle on?

Cheapskate

Only two "

I never said instant. Good coffee takes time.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

What MsValiant said hit the nail on the head!

I've been here for just over 3 years now. I can't say I preferred it back then because I was very naive but it did seem friendlier in the forums, and more light hearted. I don't get so involved these days.

My skin is much thicker now and I'm definitely more cynical which can be an issue when meeting new people because I always think they must have something wrong with them!!! I haven't met anyone new (for sex) for ages due to that and being more concerned about my safety than ever before. I'm not even sure why the safety aspect is more of an issue than it used to be tbh...

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"What MsValiant said hit the nail on the head!

I've been here for just over 3 years now. I can't say I preferred it back then because I was very naive but it did seem friendlier in the forums, and more light hearted. I don't get so involved these days.

My skin is much thicker now and I'm definitely more cynical which can be an issue when meeting new people because I always think they must have something wrong with them!!! I haven't met anyone new (for sex) for ages due to that and being more concerned about my safety than ever before. I'm not even sure why the safety aspect is more of an issue than it used to be tbh..."

Ive been here 3 years too and am of a similar viewpoint Miss Lick. Except I use the forums more and the rest of the site I don't really give a shit about anymore . I've tried too hard in the past ( including you lol) . Now I'm just a forumite and I'm hooked

"

It's best attitude to have, in my opinion.

It was all glitter and gold when I was naive, but then I learned how realistic it is to want to meet up with those I really like . But that's still forums based.

I don't think I've searched locally for months.

FAF anyone?

Peach x

Can I put the kettle on?

Cheapskate

Only two

I never said instant. Good coffee takes time. "

Ah what gets me is when you have invested the time and all the good coffee to be getting positive vibes for the future. And then bang overnight without any explanation and two way conversation as you knew it disappears.

But heyho life on fab and in general eh

Sorry folks just my little steam outlet blowing

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's best attitude to have, in my opinion.

It was all glitter and gold when I was naive, but then I learned how realistic it is to want to meet up with those I really like . But that's still forums based.

I don't think I've searched locally for months.

"

I think I've exhausted the local guys (not literally!!!) so have had to cast my net wider so to speak and check out newbies.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I've been here about 18 months this time around but only been wandering the forums for the past year. And I will probably never be one of the popular people here But then it allows me to wander and just dip in and out of the forums posting whatever I feel like posting.

It can be addictive but it's fun most of the time apart from the increasing number of threads that become a bit ranty or the growing number of lick suck and fu*k type of threads.

I know I should come out of the man cave more often and maybe next year I will. Even the geography isn't a problem where there is a will or desire to meet.

I have met some fun people and maybe I might meet more. But finding those who really blow my mind and who might want more than meet and run hasn't been easy and probably never will be.

I don't know what next year will bring so I'll just wander with my usual hopeless optimism and maybe find an fb/fwb ... or maybe not.

None of us know the future but whatever it may be I'm still here and likely to still wander in read threads and slip unnoticed back into the man cave hoping that I get to watch others follow their dreams and maybe find one of my own.

"Fab is fun, certainly not to be taken too seriously. I enjoy it. The people I’ve jnteracted with are wonderful. And I consider myself to be a very lucky man.

Thanks gang

And your right, if we don't enjoy it, why would we be here? "

Yes, but because I’m less naive I think. I have a better idea of how not to be a dick (I reserve the right for occasional slips), and because of how utterly fabulous a handful of people have made my time here, whether through messaging-based friendships, social meets, or play meets

Thanks gang

And your right, if we don't enjoy it, why would we be here?

Yes, but because I’m less naive I think. I have a better idea of how not to be a dick (I reserve the right for occasional slips), and because of how utterly fabulous a handful of people have made my time here, whether through messaging-based friendships, social meets, or play meets "

Again, good sentiment s.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Excellent comment, deffo hit the nail on the head "

Spot on. Great comment

» Add a new message to this topic