FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Well-meaning economy drive

Well-meaning economy drive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its nearing the end of the month and Christmas is also fast approaching so thought I'd go on an economy drive and stay at home all week.

So far I have had to pay the Avon lady, bought some books and music online, sent for a birthday gift and now the window cleaner has arrived! Ive spent a fortune and never left the house!

So much for saving money!

What hijacks your well meant intentions - not just regarding spending but general waylaying and procrastination that put a spanner in the works?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Bloody FAB for one!!!

Working from home is difficult if you are not organised and the constant interruptions are a pain. Makes you wonder what they do when you are at the office/shop! lol

(Now, must get on with the decorating! )

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have changed over to talk, talk this last month first bill not a problem I get a letter through today and line rental fee going up from 1st Oct so much for price freeze. You mentioned avon love it got a new avon lady and bloody hell prices have gone up.

"Have changed over to talk, talk this last month first bill not a problem I get a letter through today and line rental fee going up from 1st Oct so much for price freeze. You mentioned avon love it got a new avon lady and bloody hell prices have gone up."

Yes getting more expensive. They're on par with a lot of cosmetic ranges you expect to pay for in department stores but she's just a bairn, newly married and looking for extra income and I feel sorry for her if I don't order. I said I was going on hol and handed catalogue back immediately, last time and she looked forlorn. Yep Im a sucker but we've all been there in your youth xxxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

1 bacardi is my downfall. 1 bacardi leads to a bottle which leads to large donar kebab and chips which leads to doing something i regret. So i dont drink bacardi anymore

ebay is my downfall i collect ty beanies and that place has hundreds. its great for buying clothes for my ever growing daughter age 12 size 8 in womens clothes. shes not tall so age 13 jeans fine but takes after me in the chest area so has to hv size 8

I think my Christmas shopping bill will go down as he and his girlfriend are moving to Liverpool. Just some vouchers in a card for them. Ad to anything else, I buy most of my cloves at charity shops, my problem is that I often buy more than I should and end up struggling for a few weeks, no more I guess than those that pay full price.

Watched one of those money saving programmes, the one guy decided to buy a holiday online as it's supposed to be cheaper but what with all the add ons, it came out as expensive as if he had gone to a travel agent

Quite pleased with myself early bird Christmas shopping on qvc got a few bargains and pressies waiting on my yankie candles arriving and few bits i seperate them and make up little hampers for my mum and sister in law. And this year doing most of it online happy days.

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

petrol stations are really doing it for me at the moment, am off work for the next few weeks and every time i fill the bike up i think ''right take it easy and i wont have to fill up again this week'' but then i think, its coming to the end of the sunny days, the roads will soon be wet and slippery i may as well go for a little spin. A couple of hundred miles later i arrive back at home with an empty tank again, but with a big smile on my face.

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

"1 bacardi is my downfall. 1 bacardi leads to a bottle which leads to large donar kebab and chips which leads to doing something i regret. So i dont drink bacardi anymore"

it's OK diamond I've got a spare bottle of Bacardi

"petrol stations are really doing it for me at the moment, am off work for the next few weeks and every time i fill the bike up i think ''right take it easy and i wont have to fill up again this week'' but then i think, its coming to the end of the sunny days, the roads will soon be wet and slippery i may as well go for a little spin. A couple of hundred miles later i arrive back at home with an empty tank again, but with a big smile on my face. "

You're right you can't have petrol station and economy drive in same sentence lol

ive been economising for 5 mths cos work has been sparse but i got a great job ;last week....so ive treated myself to my fave lippy ...sexy mother pucker from soap and glory ...its amazing

"ive been economising for 5 mths cos work has been sparse but i got a great job ;last week....so ive treated myself to my fave lippy ...sexy mother pucker from soap and glory ...its amazing "

Many congratulations on the job you deserve an indulgence Hope all goes well.

I love their range it looks so pretty in the bathroom but not tried their cosmetics yet.

Have you tried Scrub of your Life? Its wonderful xxx

"ive been economising for 5 mths cos work has been sparse but i got a great job ;last week....so ive treated myself to my fave lippy ...sexy mother pucker from soap and glory ...its amazing

I love their range it looks so pretty in the bathroom but not tried their cosmetics yet.

Have you tried Scrub of your Life? Its wonderful xxx"

ive got loads of it had a whole hamper for christmas and i replace bits of it !...u have to try the lippy and the wrinkle filler its amazing !!...dont tell anyone im filling in me wrinkles tho !!

"ive been economising for 5 mths cos work has been sparse but i got a great job ;last week....so ive treated myself to my fave lippy ...sexy mother pucker from soap and glory ...its amazing

Have you tried Scrub of your Life? Its wonderful xxxive got loads of it had a whole hamper for christmas and i replace bits of it !...u have to try the lippy and the wrinkle filler its amazing !!...dont tell anyone im filling in me wrinkles tho !!"

Shhhhhhh! We don't fill in lines we smooth the contours!

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"ive been economising for 5 mths cos work has been sparse but i got a great job ;last week....so ive treated myself to my fave lippy ...sexy mother pucker from soap and glory ...its amazing "

Love your new avatar picture imalady,

it's doing wonders for my blood pressure!

xx

» Add a new message to this topic