FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Darts Girls and the Snowflake Generation .

Darts Girls and the Snowflake Generation .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Ok so has this PC bollocks gone too far . Your thoughts please!!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes and no.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are we not allowed to throw darts at girls anymore ?

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

?

Confused.com ???????

"Ok so has this PC bollocks gone too far . Your thoughts please!!"

on what exactly?

Yep!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

" ?

Confused.com ??????? "

Me too. I have absolutely no idea what the OP means.

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita"

I don't have a clue...

Hopeing op can give a bit mor info on wot this is about.

Yes it has. People are scared to be themselves.....for better or worse..

Den of Iniquity

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita"

Ok for those of you who don't know what I'm on about . The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players . They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job . In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo .

Podium girls are completely outdated. The fact that darts have recognised that is nothing to do with snowflakes and more to do with the demographic of the customers that the promoters are trying to attract

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita

I don't have a clue...

Hopeing op can give a bit mor info on wot this is about. "

The organisation that runs professional darts events has banned the use of scantily-clad ladies to accompany the darts players on stage before a match. Think a cross between Boxing ring girls / cheerleaders.

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita Ok for those of you who don't know what I'm on about . The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players . They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job . In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo . "

I thort thay war Onley on boxing with the round numbers ??

Or have i got the rong end of the stik ?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yikes, does that mean that the Brolly Dollies days are numbered at bike Grand Prix as well

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita

I don't have a clue...

The organisation that runs professional darts events has banned the use of scantily-clad ladies to accompany the darts players on stage before a match. Think a cross between Boxing ring girls / cheerleaders.

"

O i get wot you meen now

Don't no y thay have band it. Sum people want to do that sort of thing.

Too far

"Yikes, does that mean that the Brolly Dollies days are numbered at bike Grand Prix as well "

And F1

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita

I don't have a clue...

"

I'm sure the darts players can find their own way to the stage

What’s a snowflake?

Den of Iniquity

"Yikes, does that mean that the Brolly Dollies days are numbered at bike Grand Prix as well "
Probably yes . They'll still have them but only if dressed In a cagoul and full suit of armour

They have also stopped the women staying by the f1 cars to while on the grid I think if the women want to do it let them

Den of Iniquity

"What’s a snowflake? "
Someone who is offended by everyone and everything . You can't even tell a joke because somebody somewhere will be offended by it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita Ok for those of you who don't know what I'm on about . The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players . They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job . In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo . "

Just because the women who do say they love it doesn't mean it's not demeaning.

It sends out the wrong message.

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice.

If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What’s a snowflake? "

It's a derogatory term used to imply that people who hold certain views are too easily offended rather than have legitimate opinions.

Den of Iniquity

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita Ok for those of you who don't know what I'm on about . The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players . They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job . In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo .

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice."

I personally would have no issue whatsoever with topless guys walking out with female darts players . It's just a bit of fun .

In fairness podium girls represent nothing to do with darts.

Stick some tracksuit wearing beer swilling blokes cracking funnies with a fab in their mouth on the podium instead?

Yes that was a stereotype...but so are podium girls?

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

They walk on the players? Is this some kind of sports massage?

But you don't mind showing all in here

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita Ok for those of you who don't know what I'm on about . The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players . They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job . In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo .

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice. I personally would have no issue whatsoever with topless guys walking out with female darts players . It's just a bit of fun ."

Some people see it as fun, some see it as demeaning. It doesn't make those who see it as demeaning wrong or easily offended.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"But you don't mind showing all in here"

Context.

Den of Iniquity

"If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ? "
Yes . As long as they enjoy their job ( which they have publicly stated) then who has the right to tell them they can no longer do it. They have been sacked just for doing the job they loved . Not fair .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ? Yes . As long as they enjoy their job ( which they have publicly stated) then who has the right to tell them they can no longer do it. They have been sacked just for doing the job they loved . Not fair ."

They haven't been sacked for doing a job they love. The job is no longer available because it's anachronistic, demeans women and has no relevance to the sport.

Den of Iniquity

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice. I personally would have no issue whatsoever with topless guys walking out with female darts players . It's just a bit of fun .

Some people see it as fun, some see it as demeaning. It doesn't make those who see it as demeaning wrong or easily offended. "

Yes you are right !! I always listen and answer others questions and opinions , but I will also voice my opinion . Many on this thread have disagreed with me and that's fine

"If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ? Yes . As long as they enjoy their job ( which they have publicly stated) then who has the right to tell them they can no longer do it. They have been sacked just for doing the job they loved . Not fair ."

I must admit i agree with op hear. A lot of people are about to loos a onist job that thay wanted to do and in this sentrey getting a job is not easy.

And will probably be a lot harder if that is all thay have dun.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice. I personally would have no issue whatsoever with topless guys walking out with female darts players . It's just a bit of fun .

Some people see it as fun, some see it as demeaning. It doesn't make those who see it as demeaning wrong or easily offended. Yes you are right !! I always listen and answer others questions and opinions , but I will also voice my opinion . Many on this thread have disagreed with me and that's fine "

I have to ask then in a respectful way, why you refer to those who don't agree with you as "the snowflake generation"?

It's all a bit out-dated to me. Are men not capable of competing in a sport without dolly birds adorning their arenas.

Is it only "manly" sports they have them?

Den of Iniquity

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Some people see it as fun, some see it as demeaning. It doesn't make those who see it as demeaning wrong or easily offended. Yes you are right !! I always listen and answer others questions and opinions , but I will also voice my opinion . Many on this thread have disagreed with me and that's fine

I have to ask then in a respectful way, why you refer to those who don't agree with you as "the snowflake generation"?"

I haven't called them that. That's a media term . I'm just debating the pros and cons of political correctness and citing this recent news story that's all .

Also they haven't been banned. The promotors have recognised that it is 2018 and stopped using them. Nobody has banned anything. BIt where's the outrage in that

"It's all a bit out-dated to me. Are men not capable of competing in a sport without dolly birds adorning their arenas.

Is it only "manly" sports they have them? "

I woodount call it out-dated.

Mor tradition.

I'm not offended by it; I just think it's past its sell by date.

I think it's as demeaning to men too. Says to me they have to be entertained by pretty girls to keep them happy.

oh ffs is no one getting this?

deep breath.....

having women dressed in next to nothing standing next to whatever the sport is, be it, boxing, car racing or in this case darts falls under the old umbrella of “sex sells” and that is the only reason they are there, eye candy for the blokes, nothing more, have you watched music videos these days? most of the modern rap crap and even commercial pop has sexy women all over it cause they no it will sell, take the video away and all you have is a crap song.

and breath.....

It's all very "What, them girls over there Sid?" to me.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Some people see it as fun, some see it as demeaning. It doesn't make those who see it as demeaning wrong or easily offended. Yes you are right !! I always listen and answer others questions and opinions , but I will also voice my opinion . Many on this thread have disagreed with me and that's fine

I have to ask then in a respectful way, why you refer to those who don't agree with you as "the snowflake generation"? I haven't called them that. That's a media term . I'm just debating the pros and cons of political correctness and citing this recent news story that's all ."

I see.

"If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ? Yes . As long as they enjoy their job ( which they have publicly stated) then who has the right to tell them they can no longer do it. They have been sacked just for doing the job they loved . Not fair .

I must admit i agree with op hear. A lot of people are about to loos a onist job that thay wanted to do and in this sentrey getting a job is not easy.

And will probably be a lot harder if that is all thay have dun."

Seriously? They are all models, non of them have this as their sole income and I doubt any of them planned it as a career

Back in the day darts players could drink alcohol when playing, that got stopped a while ago now.

Pretty females are pleasing on the eye to many but it has nothing to do with darts or sport in general.

It's outdated and darts is trying to sell itself to a wider audience. It's called moving with the times and nothing to do with feminism.

"oh ffs is no one getting this?

deep breath.....

having women dressed in next to nothing standing next to whatever the sport is, be it, boxing, car racing or in this case darts falls under the old umbrella of “sex sells” and that is the only reason they are there, eye candy for the blokes, nothing more, have you watched music videos these days? most of the modern rap crap and even commercial pop has sexy women all over it cause they no it will sell, take the video away and all you have is a crap song.

and breath....."

The sports wouldn't suffer if the women weren't there. I think they are a waste of time, myself. I watch sport to see the men competing; the girls add nothing for me. But then, I'm not a man.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

We done this on Sunday slim mate but I'll treat and repeat my thoughts..

My thoughts are if they want to they should be allowed to.

The don't wear just knickers and a bra.

Neither do I take offence by the Coca Cola man swigging away with his shirt off.

It's fine that women say 'oh 6 nations start next weekend, look at those thighs' instead of talking about the skill of the players.

I'm all for equality.

It may not be a case of being PC. The organisers may have thought it's an unnecessary extra, to the sport.

"We done this on Sunday slim mate but I'll treat and repeat my thoughts..

Neither do I take offence by the Coca Cola man swigging away with his shirt off.

It's fine that women say 'oh 6 nations start next weekend, look at those thighs' instead of talking about the skill of the players.

I'm all for equality."

If it were about equality, the women would be walked on by a "Dream Boy" dressed in tight shorts and a bow tie. Maybe campaign for that if you want equality.

deep breath.....

and breath.....

The sports wouldn't suffer if the women weren't there. I think they are a waste of time, myself. I watch sport to see the men competing; the girls add nothing for me. But then, I'm not a man. "

i follow little sport but when i do watch i do wander why the women are paraded around with the winners? is it to take your eye away from the people who have won said competition? surely it should be all eyes on them.

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I tell you what is demeaning to woman, someone telling them your far to beautiful to be doing a well paid job that you like doing. How dare you make money out of your beauty.

Den of Iniquity

I'm all for equality."

I didn't realise this was discussed Sunday . My apologies

"If 80 year old ladies had been used for the role for the past 10 years and the PDC chose not to use them anymore would you still think it was political correctness gone wrong OP ? Yes . As long as they enjoy their job ( which they have publicly stated) then who has the right to tell them they can no longer do it. They have been sacked just for doing the job they loved . Not fair .

And will probably be a lot harder if that is all thay have dun.

Seriously? They are all models, non of them have this as their sole income and I doubt any of them planned it as a career"

Given wot sum people do in todays date to make ends meet I'm not 100% Shor on that.

Den of Iniquity

"

I tell you what is demeaning to woman, someone telling them your far to beautiful to be doing a well paid job that you like doing. How dare you make money out of your beauty. "

Well said . I think the crux of the matter here is that the ladies in question aren't happy about losing their jobs. That's what they've said. So how is that empowering women ??

"I'm not offended by it; I just think it's past its sell by date.

I think it's as demeaning to men too. Says to me they have to be entertained by pretty girls to keep them happy. "

Agree with this. Plus aren't they changing it just to make it more family friendly audience? Think there just changing with the times is all and trying to bring in a wider audience.

"Are we not allowed to throw darts at girls anymore ? "

"The PDC darts ruling body has banned walk on girls who walk on the players. They have said it's demeaning to women , even though the girls themselves have said they love the job. In general all this Political correctness has gone way too far imo. "

Tell me...

When Deta Hedman or Lisa Ashton step out at the Women's World Championship, are THEY accompanied to the Oche by scantily-clad men?

Or would William Hill or Ladbrokes consider hiring MALE MODELS to accompany Van Gerwen or Taylor to the oche?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't object to it if the women want to do it. I don't think people should be called snowflakes for objecting to it though.

deep breath.....

and breath.....

The sports wouldn't suffer if the women weren't there. I think they are a waste of time, myself. I watch sport to see the men competing; the girls add nothing for me. But then, I'm not a man.

i follow little sport but when i do watch i do wander why the women are paraded around with the winners? is it to take your eye away from the people who have won said competition? surely it should be all eyes on them."

It's just fluff, to me. Men need fluff, right?

I think it's as demeaning to men too. Says to me they have to be entertained by pretty girls to keep them happy. "

Dara O'briain does a bit on this

https://youtu.be/r9_i6tiAzw0

Cardiff

I'm all for equality. I didn't realise this was discussed Sunday . My apologies "

Not at all Slim. I just hope the discussion now is as well debated as then as it attracted a lot of views.

This will run and run and I know a petition to get it over turned has begun and I think Darts will still be as popular.

The IPL has discussed getting rid of cheerleaders. That's another debate though.

Nothing wrong with walk on girls, as long as the female darts players gets some hunky, buffed up eye candy to walk on with.

Personally I find the huge difference in prize money more annoying than a couple of show girls walking around.

Do the walk-on girls have the right to protest the move? Yes

However, in their rush to bemoan the PDC for 'pandering to left-wing liberals and politically-correct snowflakes', I see that Charlotte Wood, Daniella Allfree and Kelly Brook fail to notice one very important point.

The PDC has only ever hosted ONE women's World Darts Championship (back in 2010)

Conversely, while the BDO DOES host a women's World Darts Championship, the winner is awarded only £12,000, as opposed to the £100,000 awarded to the men's champion.

Maybe by getting rid of the 'Walk On Girls', the PDC and BDO will encourage more women to actually PLAY darts?

Yes, political correctness has gone ridiculously over the top to the point that common sense doesn't seem to exist anymore and way too many snowflakes crying about it in their safe spaces, I think this darts thing isn't a good example but I see what your saying.

Den of Iniquity

"Nothing wrong with walk on girls, as long as the female darts players gets some hunky, buffed up eye candy to walk on with.

Personally I find the huge difference in prize money more annoying than a couple of show girls walking around."

Yes the girls should get a hunk it's a great idea . And yes the prize money difference is a disgrace . A sensible post

"Podium girls are completely outdated. The fact that darts have recognised that is nothing to do with snowflakes and more to do with the demographic of the customers that the promoters are trying to attract "
they have been on about ditching grid girls in racing for ages but from teams I've been speaking to recently.. You may just see a few grid guys added instead.

I think its political correctness gone mad in both cases. It doesn't demean women. Or not from the grid girls I've spoken to. They love it. And in superbikes many are actually their partners.

I think it's as demeaning to men too. Says to me they have to be entertained by pretty girls to keep them happy.

https://youtu.be/r9_i6tiAzw0"

I'll watch that when I get home.

The bdo don't have walk girls for the men either.

The pdc is far more popular with viewers though.

Milton Keynes

These walk on girls, grid girls & boxing girls are all paid models, it's THEIR job of choice not mine or anyone elses which undoubtedly brings them all around the world with wonderful glamour in some cases.

Where does it stop? Ban underwear models in magazines? Ban clothing models? Ban showcase girls on television shows? Everyone is entitled to earn a living, and as previously said, it's their job of choice.

"Nothing wrong with walk on girls, as long as the female darts players gets some hunky, buffed up eye candy to walk on with.

Personally I find the huge difference in prize money more annoying than a couple of show girls walking around. Yes the girls should get a hunk it's a great idea . And yes the prize money difference is a disgrace . A sensible post "

Ooh careful now, only a matter of time before we start getting complaints from the trans community and those from the fluid gender

I think it all cones down to PC and offending ppl. As a nation the uk is in general an obese country. We see it often when children use these ppl as role models and think its ok too not eat. I think its all bullshit. Weak parenting, cotton wool. R.I.P zoo and FHM

"The IPL has discussed getting rid of cheerleaders. That's another debate though."

The BIG difference here is that cheerleading is NOT restricted to women. Large numbers of men participate in cheerleading - although moreso in the USA.

Here are a few famous men who you may not know were former cheerleaders:

US President Bush Jr - Yale University

US President Reagan - Eureka College, Illinois

US President Eisenhower - West Point

US President F.D. Roosevelt - Harvard University

Samuel L Jackson - Riverside High, Chattanooga

Steve Martin - Garden Grove, California

Jimmy Stewart - Princeton University

US Senator Thad Cochran - Uni of Mississippi

US Senator Trent Lott - Uni of Mississippi

Kirk Douglas - Amsterdam High, New York

Michael Douglas - Choate Rosemary Hall, Connecticut

"I think it all cones down to PC and offending ppl. As a nation the uk is in general an obese country. We see it often when children use these ppl as role models and think its ok too not eat. I think its all bullshit. Weak parenting, cotton wool. R.I.P zoo and FHM"

I dont understand tho why the F1

So where will it all end?

Do the people who make sun tan oil, swimsuits, fancy shoes, expensive undies...etc etc etc....do they have to start ditching the beautiful, intelligent, strong, independant, vibrant and fantastic women who make their money from promoting such items?

And who has the right to dictate to these ladies how they earn their living?

O.p. is spot on...PC madness.

I just think everyone is far to offended these days and for no good reason, most people now get offended on the behalf of others which is just plain ridiculous.

"Yes, political correctness has gone ridiculously over the top to the point that common sense doesn't seem to exist anymore and way too many snowflakes crying about it in their safe spaces, I think this darts thing isn't a good example but I see what your saying."

If "this darts thibg" isn't a good example of political correctness going over the top (amd no one other than the tabloids has said it is) out of interest what is?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I just think everyone is far to offended these days and for no good reason, most people now get offended on the behalf of others which is just plain ridiculous. "

Believing something is wrong isn't the same as being offended by it.

Den of Iniquity

"So where will it all end?

Do the people who make sun tan oil, swimsuits, fancy shoes, expensive undies...etc etc etc....do they have to start ditching the beautiful, intelligent, strong, independant, vibrant and fantastic women who make their money from promoting such items?

"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Advertising women's underwear, swimsuits, fancy shoes, expensive undies actually needs a woman to do it. A darts player doesn't need a woman to walk him to his job...

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

I have to ask then in a respectful way, why you refer to those who don't agree with you as "the snowflake generation"? I haven't called them that. That's a media term . I'm just debating the pros and cons of political correctness and citing this recent news story that's all ."

You have called them that though. It's in your subject header and the inference I'm refering to "politically correct bpllocks" is pretty clear

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Have the BDO said why they did it now, was it in the pipeline etc and they saw the rightly aired and wrongful attitudes by some men attending the now defunct Presidents club and though now is a good time?

or was it a case that their sponsors amongst other's are looking at some sports and events and questioning the relevance in 2018 of women in swimming costumes parading about or sprawling on cars..

Den of Iniquity

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

I have to ask then in a respectful way, why you refer to those who don't agree with you as "the snowflake generation"? I haven't called them that. That's a media term . I'm just debating the pros and cons of political correctness and citing this recent news story that's all .

You have called them that though. It's in your subject header and the inference I'm refering to "politically correct bpllocks" is pretty clear"

I just used the term for the purposes of debating the issue . Many people have disagreed with me on this thread but I haven't thrown my toys out of the pram because I don't get easily offended . It's all healthy debate . Maybe in hindsight I may have worded the heading different so I see your point . But I never go out of my way to offend anyone . Most regular forum goers know that about me . I like to vary my threads . Tomorrow's could easily be what's your favourite baked bean brand . Hope this explains my point

Forum Mod

East Sussex

An interesting listen is Analysis, broadcast on radio 4 at 8:30 last night.

It's entitled "Why Are Even Women Biased Against Women" and gives some insight into why some of us hold the opinion that using women in accessory to men type roles isn't the way forward.

It's not the bdo but the pdc.

They have bent to pressure from the tv companies

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's not the bdo but the pdc.

They have bent to pressure from the tv companies"

So it's a business decision driven by the desire to keep the sport on television?

I'm actually very offended by the word snowflake

"I'm actually very offended by the word snowflake "

BTW who walks on the women dart players?... Oh ya they walk in on their own I'm sure the men will manage just as well and if they have any problems give them a map

Just an observation...

These women, irrespective of their qualifications and or abilities in any particular field, are recruited and employed based on their looks alone.

They are deemed to be eye candy to sex up something that can take place in any given boozer on a Saturday night.

The worth of the women is based purely on their aesthetics.

The Roly Poly's could do the same job. However they don't. The women add nothing to the atmosphere (in my opinion).

It follows the same argument that Page 3 is harmless fun. Fair play to the women for getting paid to wander on a stage to be leered at by blokes. But haven't we moved on from that?

I'm not a snowflake by the way.

"I just think everyone is far to offended these days and for no good reason, most people now get offended on the behalf of others which is just plain ridiculous. "
yes I was reading the other day that some parents are up in arms about the kiss in sleeping beauty as apparently its teaching kids about unconsential sex... I mean really. Then there was all the whoha over Christmas about the pantomime "dick Whittington"..pantos have always had jokes that go way over the kids heads..and the parents giggle at...

Wasn't at the meetings lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm actually very offended by the word snowflake

BTW who walks on the women dart players?... Oh ya they walk in on their own I'm sure the men will manage just as well and if they have any problems give them a map "

they can have fellow men walking them on, one of them is bound to scratch his bollocks or scratch his arse and sniff his fingers..

that'll up the viewing figures..

Den of Iniquity

"I just think everyone is far to offended these days and for no good reason, most people now get offended on the behalf of others which is just plain ridiculous. yes I was reading the other day that some parents are up in arms about the kiss in sleeping beauty as apparently its teaching kids about unconsential sex... I mean really. Then there was all the whoha over Christmas about the pantomime "dick Whittington"..pantos have always had jokes that go way over the kids heads..and the parents giggle at...

"

Couldn't agree more

"Yes, political correctness has gone ridiculously over the top to the point that common sense doesn't seem to exist anymore and way too many snowflakes crying about it in their safe spaces, I think this darts thing isn't a good example but I see what your saying.

If "this darts thibg" isn't a good example of political correctness going over the top (amd no one other than the tabloids has said it is) out of interest what is?"

ok well there is a college in america where a straight white male can register as a black russian lesbian if thats how he feels because they dont want to hurt anybodys feelings, males are being physically kicked out of female studies classes by security because they are not female, some comedians are stopping doing live shows because people in the audience forget how to take a joke and take everything the comedian says literally and fact based and get offended by a joke then complain... etc, I think those are over the top compared to a few models at a darts game, no?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It follows the same argument that Page 3 is harmless fun. Fair play to the women for getting paid to wander on a stage to be leered at by blokes. But haven't we moved on from that?

."

I like to be leered at

As I said up there, the women know what they are getting into and from the women talking about it on telly yesterday, they are quite happy doing the job

"It doesn't demean women. Or not from the grid girls I've spoken to. They love it."

I don't deny that the likes of Charlotte Wood and Kelly Brook love their work...the problem - as I see it - is that you're ONLY going to be hired as a walk-on girl if you fit an incredibly narrow and stereotypical image of 'beauty'.

In other words, unless you're a clone of the 'Athena Tennis Girl', you've got no chance...

Yes, its been taken too far. When some women start limiting the choices of other women because of more "enlightened" thinking or whatever, then we are just doing what society has always done to us, but in reverse. Power for women comes from the choice to decide what we want to do. I don't want other women telling me what I can and can't do any more than I want a man to tell me.

Having said that, I also think that use of the term "snowflake" has gone too far. I don't understand why people, on both sides, think that the best way to have these discussions is by insulting the people we should be having rational discourse with.

Den of Iniquity

"It doesn't demean women. Or not from the grid girls I've spoken to. They love it.

I don't deny that the likes of Charlotte Wood and Kelly Brook love their work...the problem - as I see it - is that you're ONLY going to be hired as a walk-on girl if you fit an incredibly narrow and stereotypical image of 'beauty'.

In other words, unless you're a clone of the 'Athena Tennis Girl', you've got no chance..."

Yes. These girls are happy doing this job . And yes they have been chosen because of their beauty. But they've only used what God gave them and good luck to them I say

Cardiff

The walk on girls often wear large sponsorship logos. Which pays towards their wages and prize money.

You could cover them from head to toe and they could still generate money.

I'm sure blokes would do it aswell but nobody pays £25 a ticket to go and look at girls.

"It doesn't demean women. Or not from the grid girls I've spoken to. They love it.

In other words, unless you're a clone of the 'Athena Tennis Girl', you've got no chance..."

and... I'm also never going to be able to be a lot of things due to age.. Size..I also couldn't be a singer due to lack of ability... But if a woman can do a job.. Why shouldn't she be able to... And that counts for those jobs deemed just for men too..

I've been in to cars and bikes since my teens... Always been women all over the scene with not a lot on.. It never has bothered me.. A much bigger issue is how hard talented riders and drivers have to work to get a good team just because they happen to be female.

"

Ah...the good old 'slippery slope' WHERE WILL IT END?' fallacy...

The point is that there has been a big push in recent years to ensure that the 'beautiful, intelligent, strong, independant, vibrant and fantastic women' who work as models in TV adverts represent a DIVERSE range of the population (or, perish the thought, the 'average' viewer).

Brook, Wood and Allfree may be campaigning to protect their right to choose to work as 'walk-on girls', but I notice that they aren't doing anything to make that 'choice' available to women who DON'T look like clones of themselves...

Cardiff

Google pics of them.

They wear dresses above the knee, the kind of dress ladies wear out in the evening.

It's not a bikini or underwear and I imagine these girls are models and part of an agency.

Could be a catalogue shoot during the day and pdc walk on on a Thursday night.

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

"What’s a snowflake? "
Frozen water lattice falling from the sky.

Regardless of whether the women want to do it or not, it's sexualising them, it's putting a focus on sex to sell things. Nothing new about it but maybe now is a good time to make something old about it.

This is how we move society forward, one small step at a time by getting rid of outdated behaviour and growing up to focus on positive sociological change.

I don't have any interest in darts so I don't think I have any valid input.

People commenting on things they have very little knowledge about and no skin in the game is more of a problem in my opinion.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Why are people using the word 'ban'? It's not a ban. It's an organization deciding for themselves how to present themselves. If I stop wearing ties to work, have I 'banned' ties?

And what a terrible PC gone mad crime - not wanting 'hey check out these hot babes!' to be part of your sport. Truly awful.

London

"Regardless of whether the women want to do it or not, it's sexualising them, it's putting a focus on sex to sell things. Nothing new about it but maybe now is a good time to make something old about it.

"

Yes, I don't really see how 'but the women want to do it' is an argument. There are lots of questionable things both men and women would do in order to earn money, but it doesn't mean that they automatically need to be given the opportunity.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Regardless of whether the women want to do it or not, it's sexualising them, it's putting a focus on sex to sell things. Nothing new about it but maybe now is a good time to make something old about it.

This is how we move society forward, one small step at a time by getting rid of outdated behaviour and growing up to focus on positive sociological change."

So in theory then Abercrombie and Fitch As well as other brands need to ditch their male models too?

Unfortunately people will sexualise anything regardless of clothing or mannerisms.

I think it all comes down to freedom of choice, If a lady chooses to be a darts model then that's her decision. I think its the freedom to choose ones own path And being a model is no less feminist than a female choosing to be a builder or a rocket Scientist.

"and... I'm also never going to be able to be a lot of things due to age.. Size..I also couldn't be a singer due to lack of ability... But if a woman can do a job.. Why shouldn't she be able to... And that counts for those jobs deemed just for men too.."

That's my point.

In order to perform in a concert or in a musical, a singer has to actually be ABLE to sing...

However, ANY woman could reasonably be a 'walk-on girl'.

As Charlotte Wood said in her BBC interview, she goes to work, puts on a nice dress, escorts the players to the oche, then she stands and smiles for the camera.

Why are only young, tall, slim, classically beautiful women are deemed able to do that job?

Let me put it this way:

Charlotte Wood could have her arm amputated as the result of an accident, or contract breast cancer and undergo a mastectomy, and she would STILL be physically capable of carrying out her duties as a walk-on girl.

However, I'd be willing to bet you any sum you care to name that she would be dropped like a hot potato, because in the current climate, the ONLY women deemed suitable for employment as walk-on girls are young, tall and slim, with NO physical imperfections.

Cardiff

This is how we move society forward, one small step at a time by getting rid of outdated behaviour and growing up to focus on positive sociological change."

They wear a dress and look pretty.

I have looked at them and have never thought about sex with them, you don't really notice them your usually paying more attention to the darts player, his music and fan signs being waved along with his stage entrance.

Sub-concusiouly (sp) I have probably paid to whatever shoul/banner they have on. William Hill or Coral for eg.

Cardiff

"and... I'm also never going to be able to be a lot of things due to age.. Size..I also couldn't be a singer due to lack of ability... But if a woman can do a job.. Why shouldn't she be able to... And that counts for those jobs deemed just for men too..

That's my point.

In order to perform in a concert or in a musical, a singer has to actually be ABLE to sing...

However, ANY woman could reasonably be a 'walk-on girl'.

As Charlotte Wood said in her BBC interview, she goes to work, puts on a nice dress, escorts the players to the oche, then she stands and smiles for the camera.

Why are only young, tall, slim, classically beautiful women are deemed able to do that job?

Let me put it this way:

Charlotte Wood could have her arm amputated as the result of an accident, or contract breast cancer and undergo a mastectomy, and she would STILL be physically capable of carrying out her duties as a walk-on girl.

However, I'd be willing to bet you any sum you care to name that she would be dropped like a hot potato, because in the current climate, the ONLY women deemed suitable for employment as walk-on girls are young, tall and slim, with NO physical imperfections."

They are advertisers that's why.

Den of Iniquity

This is how we move society forward, one small step at a time by getting rid of outdated behaviour and growing up to focus on positive sociological change.

So in theory then Abercrombie and Fitch As well as other brands need to ditch their male models too?

Unfortunately people will sexualise anything regardless of clothing or mannerisms.

I think it all comes down to freedom of choice, If a lady chooses to be a darts model then that's her decision. I think its the freedom to choose ones own path And being a model is no less feminist than a female choosing to be a builder or a rocket Scientist. "

Spot on . If a women wants to be a walk on model then good luck to em. If a woman wants to be an accountant , an astronaut , A butcher , a baker , or a candlestick maker then let them. We all choose our own paths !!

"

Unfortunately people will sexualise anything regardless of clothing or mannerisms. "

You're right, they will and that's not a great place to be, so hopefully this will be a progressive step towards ending that trend.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"What’s a snowflake? Someone who is offended by everyone and everything . You can't even tell a joke because somebody somewhere will be offended by it "

They are usually 40+ and read the Mail or the Express. Offended by absolutely everything.

To be honest I miss the page 3 ladies there were some true hotties x

Den of Iniquity

"To be honest I miss the page 3 ladies there were some true hotties x"
Me too . Poppy was adorable

"To be honest I miss the page 3 ladies there were some true hotties x Me too . Poppy was adorable "

Linda Lussardi every time for me x

"To be honest I miss the page 3 ladies there were some true hotties x Me too . Poppy was adorable "

Linda Lussardi every time for me x

There are two different type of rights (freedom/liberty), positive rights and negative rights.

Postive rights are the freedom too.

Negative rights are the freedom from.

These type of threads normally turn into an argument because people don't understand the difference between the two type of rights/freedoms/liberty.

"Why are people using the word 'ban'? It's not a ban. It's an organization deciding for themselves how to present themselves."

Precisely.

Charlotte Wood claims that "Everybody chooses to do a job, and I feel like if I'm being told I can't do this job, then my rights are being taken away".

HOWEVER, the PDC are not saying that she 'cannot' do modelling as a career; they're simply deciding not to use models as part of their promotion campaign.

Also, the petition is wholly disingenuous.

The petition is titled: "I Want to Keep Tradition in Darts and Keep Women in a Job"

David Shaw, the creator of the petition, claims that the women would be 'out of work' if the ban goes through; an argument which has been echoed by many of the signatories.

The walk-on girls - at least the likes of Charlotte Wood, Daniela Allfree - are contracted to MAJOR modelling agencies, but the petition is implying that if the ban goes through, the women concerned will be forced to sign on the dole...

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

Nita

I don't have a clue...

"

to my knowledge they haven't banned it the TV companies have they will still be at events that aren't on TV but yes to many snowflakes what's wrong with watching a lady with a great asset walking up the steps

Erm there employer does. Thousands of people lose their jobs everyday because their role is no longer required. They aren’t being replaced by a cheaper workforce. Their aren’t being made unemployed, their services are no longer required by the PDC.

Just as they have the right to decide what career path to take, the PDC have the right to decide who to employ.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

You're right, they will and that's not a great place to be, so hopefully this will be a progressive step towards ending that trend."

It won't unfortunately. Its sad but people get sexually objectified even when wearing a business suit or even a burqa.

Certain ill individuals objectify underage kids at the beach, but obviously putting an age restriction on swimsuits wouldn't solve this.

"They are advertisers that's why."

Think you meant to reply to my other post...

In any case, my point still stands.

The walk-on girls are employed mainly to ADVERTISE the event - hence why they wear sashes emblazoned with the name of the sponsor.

Angels Elite Models (Charlotte's agency) has male models and plus-size models on its books; while Stanley's Models (Daniella's agency) has male models, plus-size models and 'mature female' models on its books.

Why aren't any of them deemed suitable to carry out this advertising role?

"

You're right, they will and that's not a great place to be, so hopefully this will be a progressive step towards ending that trend."

I don't get why its such a bad thing... There is much worse in the world.

Its like when they suddenly decided that page 3 was so bad. It harmed no one. I grew up at the height of page3. Never felt it demeaned me or that bugger.. I can't be a page 3 girl what can I do. I just smiled to myself at how much power these women had over their male fans.

Sex sells.. Always has.. And all this does is make a big story and seem to be doing right by women in sports when still they are paid a considerable amount less than their male counterparts

"What’s a snowflake? "

Check out oxford eng dictionary - its been added to it today

"I think it all comes down to freedom of choice, If a lady chooses to be a darts model then that's her decision. I think its the freedom to choose ones own path

And being a model is no less feminist than a female choosing to be a builder or a rocket scientist."

Tell me...WHERE exactly is the PDC saying that these women CAN'T be models?

I'm pretty sure that the agencies to which these ladies are contracted will be able to find them other gigs.

The PDC deciding that the 'walk on girl' is an outdated aspect of the sport's 'brand image' is NOT the same as saying that these women should not pursue a modelling career.

Ah...the good old 'slippery slope' WHERE WILL IT END?' fallacy...

The point is that there has been a big push in recent years to ensure that the 'beautiful, intelligent, strong, independant, vibrant and fantastic women' who work as models in TV adverts represent a DIVERSE range of the population (or, perish the thought, the 'average' viewer).

Brook, Wood and Allfree may be campaigning to protect their right to choose to work as 'walk-on girls', but I notice that they aren't doing anything to make that 'choice' available to women who DON'T look like clones of themselves..."

Well I'm no rocket scientist but i don't go crazy-ape-bat-shit every time i get knocked back for a job in rocket science.

Some people excell in certain areas....some don't.

https://youtu.be/r9_i6tiAzw0"

He's spot on lol

"Well I'm no rocket scientist but i don't go crazy-ape-bat-shit every time i get knocked back for a job in rocket science.

"

Let me see...in order to become a rocket scientist, you would have to get high grades at A-Level in Maths, Physics and Chemistry, then spend four years studying for an MEng in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, then in all likelihood undertake two years of further study for an MSc in Engineering, and possibly four years additional study for a Doctorate...

Altogether, ten years of post-18 education...

What qualifications, exactly, are required to be a 'walk-on girl'?

What aspect of the job, as described by Charlotte Wood, makes being 'young, tall, slim and pretty' a NECESSARY requirement for the position?

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Do so many sportsmen and others really get so lost on their way to work that they need a minder...

"Well I'm no rocket scientist but i don't go crazy-ape-bat-shit every time i get knocked back for a job in rocket science.

Let me see...in order to become a rocket scientist, you would have to get high grades at A-Level in Maths, Physics and Chemistry, then spend four years studying for an MEng in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, then in all likelihood undertake two years of further study for an MSc in Engineering, and possibly four years additional study for a Doctorate...

Altogether, ten years of post-18 education...

What qualifications, exactly, are required to be a 'walk-on girl'?

What aspect of the job, as described by Charlotte Wood, makes being 'young, tall, slim and pretty' a NECESSARY requirement for the position?"

Prob the same requirement that you never see a guy with a beer belly advertising Calvin Klein. Sex sells, it always has and always will.

"Prob the same requirement that you never see a guy with a beer belly advertising Calvin Klein. Sex sells, it always has and always will. "

But that is EXACTLY my point.

Just because you never SEE a guy with a beer belly advertising CK products does not mean that a guy with a beer belly wouldn't be ABLE to sell CK products...

By *iamonddave84Man  over a year ago

Hereford

"Podium girls are completely outdated. The fact that darts have recognised that is nothing to do with snowflakes and more to do with the demographic of the customers that the promoters are trying to attract "
good to see you think the same I was staring to think I was the only one that thought the same I wouldn’t miss them never really saw the point

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I think the use of the word "ban" is misleading across most of this thread.

I don't have a walk on woman when I present at a partner event for example.

However, I am not "banned" from doing so, it's just that my company does not see it as necessary! I doubt my boss would sign off the expenses...

Which is pretty much the position the Darts lot are taking. They are still free to hire anyone to do this task if they wish, they just don't want to.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"I think the use of the word "ban" is misleading across most of this thread.

However, I am not "banned" from doing so, it's just that my company does not see it as necessary! I doubt my boss would sign off the expenses...

Which is pretty much the position the Darts lot are taking. They are still free to hire anyone to do this task if they wish, they just don't want to.

"

The voice of reason. Good to see somebody not selling the tabloid kneejerk.

Also, it's not surprising this decision has been made in the wake of the President's Club malarky. If that bunch of moronic entitled self obsessed arseholes hadn't behaved like they did, I doubt we'd be discussing darts and girls.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/18 14:00:32]

"Prob the same requirement that you never see a guy with a beer belly advertising Calvin Klein. Sex sells, it always has and always will.

Just because you never SEE a guy with a beer belly advertising CK products does not mean that a guy with a beer belly wouldn't be ABLE to sell CK products..."

He wouldn't be able to because it isn't considered a sexy image, thus he'd never be hired to do so. It applies throughout the majority of advertising though, as unfortunate as that is for a lot of people's self image issues.

"Prob the same requirement that you never see a guy with a beer belly advertising Calvin Klein. Sex sells, it always has and always will.

Just because you never SEE a guy with a beer belly advertising CK products does not mean that a guy with a beer belly wouldn't be ABLE to sell CK products...He wouldn't be able to because it isn't considered a sexy image, thus he'd never be hired to do so. It applies throughout the majority of advertising though, as unfortunate as that is for a lot of people's self image issues. "

I agree.. He wouldn't get hired as it wouldn't sell... Same as the diet guy or more up to date. The guys in the muller light adverts.

But I've never felt that just because models to sell things are one shape and size that it gives me self image issues as my mum and female influences taught me that confidence isn't about size.

Okay its meant to say diet c*ke guy.. But guess the 2nd word keeps getting deleted x

I love the dove and, yours and simply be for using real women in there adverts x

"Okay its meant to say diet c*ke guy.. But guess the 2nd word keeps getting deleted x"
You have to capitalize the C on Coke I believe.

I notice many of my friends complaining about the women in adverts are the same ones swooning over the likes of Beckham and Butler Or what's his name from ER.

Which is pretty much the position the Darts lot are taking. They are still free to hire anyone to do this task if they wish, they just don't want to."

Exactly.

On 'This Morning', Philip Schofield asked one of the guests "as a feminist, isn't it their right to do a job in whatever they choose?"

Charlotte Wood has said that "if I'm being told I can't do this job, then my rights are being taken away", that her parents are "immensely proud" of the success that she's enjoyed as a model over the last eleven years, and that they support "all aspects" of her career.

However, none of those points are actually relevant, because irrespective of the PDC's decision, Wood will STILL be able to pursue her modelling career.

The PDC is NOT saying that these women should not be models, or that it is wrong for a woman to choose to pursue a career in modelling.

They have simply taken the decision that the use of the 'walk-on girls' is no longer an appropriate advertising or marketing strategy within their modern business model, especially considering the drive to increase women's participation in the sport.

"He wouldn't be able to because it isn't considered a sexy image, thus he'd never be hired to do so."

He's only considered a 'sexy image' because marketing strategists, fitness gurus, beauty consultants etc have spent decades conditioning us to associate 'sexiness' with that body type.

If more companies were more 'representative' in their adverts, that perception might well change.

Exactly.

On 'This Morning', Philip Schofield asked one of the guests "as a feminist, isn't it their right to do a job in whatever they choose?"

Charlotte Wood has said that "if I'm being told I can't do this job, then my rights are being taken away", that her parents are "immensely proud" of the success that she's enjoyed as a model over the last eleven years, and that they support "all aspects" of her career.

However, none of those points are actually relevant, because irrespective of the PDC's decision, Wood will STILL be able to pursue her modelling career.

The PDC is NOT saying that these women should not be models, or that it is wrong for a woman to choose to pursue a career in modelling.

They have simply taken the decision that the use of the 'walk-on girls' is no longer an appropriate advertising or marketing strategy within their modern business model, especially considering the drive to increase women's participation in the sport."

Does this include women who choose to be escorts and porn stars or rinsers who choose to exploit men. A lot of women have always chosen to use their sexuality to get a head in life. I just think there are a lot of double standards at the moment and I feel sorry for some guys as they seam to be getting a raw deal and that they don't know where they stand at the moment x

London

"I notice many of my friends complaining about the women in adverts are the same ones swooning over the likes of Beckham and Butler Or what's his name from ER.

"

There's a difference between appreciating someone is good looking, and parading women around to try and get men interested in your product when they have nothing at all to do with that product.

Exactly.

They have simply taken the decision that the use of the 'walk-on girls' is no longer an appropriate advertising or marketing strategy within their modern business model, especially considering the drive to increase women's participation in the sport.

Does this include women who choose to be escorts and porn stars or rinsers who choose to exploit men. A lot of women have always chosen to use their sexuality to get a head in life. I just think there are a lot of double standards at the moment and I feel sorry for some guys as they seam to be getting a raw deal and that they don't know where they stand at the moment x"

Only a foolish man would allow a pretty lady to exploit him.

"I notice many of my friends complaining about the women in adverts are the same ones swooning over the likes of Beckham and Butler Or what's his name from ER.

There's a difference between appreciating someone is good looking, and parading women around to try and get men interested in your product when they have nothing at all to do with that product.

"

But sex sells?

It makes me laugh yet they will have that bloke from the money supermarket advert, shown for children to see. Comical

Exactly.

Does this include women who choose to be escorts and porn stars or rinsers who choose to exploit men. A lot of women have always chosen to use their sexuality to get a head in life. I just think there are a lot of double standards at the moment and I feel sorry for some guys as they seam to be getting a raw deal and that they don't know where they stand at the moment x

Only a foolish man would allow a pretty lady to exploit him. "

But some men get a kick out of it (sugar daddies) for instance x

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

But sex sells?"

How long before strip clubs/ lap dancing and topless dancing girls go ...?

"It makes me laugh yet they will have that bloke from the money supermarket advert, shown for children to see. Comical"
He-man?

London

But sex sells?"

It can do. It can also put people off.

I'm sure we can all think of products we buy that if they suddenly started being advertised by women in bikinis we'd think 'well this is a bit tacky now' and choose something else.

By *od ThrusterMan  over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

" ?

Confused.com ???????

Maybe it's an age thing

No scantily clad men or should I say boys I notice."

There are some female motorbike racers who have had topless men holding their brollies - the sort of "Chippendale" type.

But sex sells?

I'm sure we can all think of products we buy that if they suddenly started being advertised by women in bikinis we'd think 'well this is a bit tacky now' and choose something else.

"

I can't say it would bother me. If I'm already using a product and it works, the advert has already did it's job.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"

What about the hunky shirtless fellas they use in adverts?

Like the topless potter in the Mullerlight advert whose pot goes to pot when the girl shouts "FAT FREE!?" Just why he needs to be topless is never made clear.

I assume the ladies are happy to see the end of this gratuitous exploitation?

But sex sells?

"

nope.. Cant say I'm swayed like that.. Sometimes I laugh at the advert because it is tacky...

I mean look at the go compare adverts.. They are awful but makes you remember them.

I am guilty of undoing a button on my blouse at work and wearing a padded bra..just because it got me more tips ( talking back in my late teens) remembering my mums words of if you got it you flaunt it.. And back then it worked. In fact for two summers I earned more in tips than wages. Moved on from that to hostess work.. It was easy to be flirty but never available and brush off any more unwelcome advances with quick wit and a smile.

It doesn't offend me If I am on a track and the grid girls are there. They mostly love their jobs.. And speaking to the female mechanics/drivers seems their biggest whinge is that there arent More guys on the grid to oggle. That for me would be how to address the differences

Like the topless potter in the Mullerlight advert whose pot goes to pot when the girl shouts "FAT FREE!?" Just why he needs to be topless is never made clear.

I assume the ladies are happy to see the end of this gratuitous exploitation?"

Maybe he didn't want to ruin his new shirt

London

I don't know, I'm not one of these 'ladies'.

For myself I'd be perfectly happy seeing all advertising not rely on using sex to sell.

Den of Iniquity

But sex sells?

nope.. Cant say I'm swayed like that.. Sometimes I laugh at the advert because it is tacky...

I mean look at the go compare adverts.. They are awful but makes you remember them.

I am guilty of undoing a button on my blouse at work and wearing a padded bra..just because it got me more tips ( talking back in my late teens) remembering my mums words of if you got it you flaunt it.. And back then it worked. In fact for two summers I earned more in tips than wages. Moved on from that to hostess work.. It was easy to be flirty but never available and brush off any more unwelcome advances with quick wit and a smile.

It doesn't offend me If I am on a track and the grid girls are there. They mostly love their jobs.. And speaking to the female mechanics/drivers seems their biggest whinge is that there arent More guys on the grid to oggle. That for me would be how to address the differences "

"How long before strip clubs/ lap dancing and topless dancing girls go ...?"

Again with the 'where will it all end'? scaremongering...

Difference is that strip clubs etc aren't trying to appeal to a family audience or worrying about how they're going to increase women's participation in a male-dominated field...

London

"

nope.. Cant say I'm swayed like that.. "

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work.

A man probably thought it would be a good idea.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

It doesn't offend me If I am on a track and the grid girls are there. They mostly love their jobs.. And speaking to the female mechanics/drivers seems their biggest whinge is that there arent More guys on the grid to oggle. That for me would be how to address the differences

"

It's not about "offence", and obviously the short term fix has been to have guys more obviously objectified in advertising etc.

But really, the issue is about objectifying anyone for whatever purpose.

It has the tendency of creating a mindset (not in everyone), that an attractive person in revealing clothing is fair game for some form of abuse.

I'm not saying assault, or anything that serious. But when blokes still think it ok to slow down, and call obscenities out of the window of their van to my 15 year old daughter (or she was at the time), we obviously still have work to do.

"

nope.. Cant say I'm swayed like that..

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work. "

The whole purpose of these ladies is eye candy, so sex sells is about the best argument you'll get.

To be honest, even a live sex show couldn't entice me to sit through a darts show.

"

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work. "

but what harm does it do to have them there.. Or on a grid... ? Some like it .. Some don't.. Some don't give a hoot.. But sex does sell...

London

"

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work. but what harm does it do to have them there.. Or on a grid... ? Some like it .. Some don't.. Some don't give a hoot.. But sex does sell... "

Ask the darts organisation who have *chosen* to make this change.

Maybe they want darts to be seen as more professional, or more family friendly?

pc madness its gone bonkers was watching a program the other night about how some top psychologist are saying that dating will become impossible soon then there was another program about how after brexit porn will be banned again sex shops shutting down and we all know what that will mean for swinging and clubs.... equality is massively important men and women should not be treated differently agreed but start taking sex out of sports/media/music/art/self expression and that will affect us all men and women ... let the women parade at darts if they enjoy it let the female darts players have what they want too sex and visual sex is a massive part of life some changes are needed and are good but some just need to be left alone people will soon vote with there feet if its not right.... that's my take on it right or wrong I guess I mean if they want to ban something ban religion the biggest killer in the world ever now that would be good

Den of Iniquity

"pc madness its gone bonkers was watching a program the other night about how some top psychologist are saying that dating will become impossible soon then there was another program about how after brexit porn will be banned again sex shops shutting down and we all know what that will mean for swinging and clubs.... equality is massively important men and women should not be treated differently agreed but start taking sex out of sports/media/music/art/self expression and that will affect us all men and women ... let the women parade at darts if they enjoy it let the female darts players have what they want too sex and visual sex is a massive part of life some changes are needed and are good but some just need to be left alone people will soon vote with there feet if its not right.... that's my take on it right or wrong I guess I mean if they want to ban something ban religion the biggest killer in the world ever now that would be good"
^ Spot on

"

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work. but what harm does it do to have them there.. Or on a grid... ? Some like it .. Some don't.. Some don't give a hoot.. But sex does sell...

Maybe they want darts to be seen as more professional, or more family friendly? "

BTCC are about the only big race series in the UK that I've noticed grid girls.. Highly professional and always full of families... So don't get why ditching something makes it more or less family friendly or more professional.

London

"

OK. But the point is that sex isn't used to sell *everything*, it doesn't work automatically, so using 'sex sells' as a defence for 'darts girls' doesn't work. but what harm does it do to have them there.. Or on a grid... ? Some like it .. Some don't.. Some don't give a hoot.. But sex does sell...

Maybe they want darts to be seen as more professional, or more family friendly? BTCC are about the only big race series in the UK that I've noticed grid girls.. Highly professional and always full of families... So don't get why ditching something makes it more or less family friendly or more professional. "

Again, this is the darts organisation's own decision and no one is making them do it. Contact them and ask them why, if you need to know?

Milton Keynes

"

Maybe they want darts to be seen as more professional, or more family friendly? "

More family friendly? So bringing children to place full of pissed up people until 11.30pm on a Tuesday night is family friendly is it?

London

"

Maybe they want darts to be seen as more professional, or more family friendly?

More family friendly? So bringing children to place full of pissed up people until 11.30pm on a Tuesday night is family friendly is it? "

I'm just speculating. See my above comment - it's their own decision.

"pc madness its gone bonkers was watching a program the other night about how some top psychologist are saying that dating will become impossible soon"

How about telling us who this 'top psychologist' is so that we can see what their credentials are, how they conducted their study, and how they justified this quite frankly ridiculous conclusion?

Also, no one is saying that these women SHOULDN'T be allowed to perform as 'walk on girls'...the PDC is simply saying that it will no longer form an aspect of THEIR advertising strategy.

These women are PERFECTLY entitled (and indeed, able) to continue working as models for the hundreds, indeed thousands, of businesses that employ models for advertising and the like...

Stop pretending that the PDC's decision is going to be putting them out of work.

Ah closed at 175 before we could get to ...

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY!

Den of Iniquity

Thanks for the lively debate guys it's been interesting and eye opening. I'll end the thread

Sex sells, simples. That is why sexy women attend these man dominated sports, it is why a sexy hunk of a man was used in the diet ads as women were the main consumers, it is why models and well known sexy actors and actresses are used to sell perfume and aftershave which is a product that has nothing to do with looks. But with this new pc culture all this is being viewed upon as being offensive, but its funny how pc people pick and choose what is offensive and what isn't... funny how people complain about female superheroes being over sexualised but yet not a peep about male superheroes being over masculated, nobody complained about the half naked hunk man in the diet advert but plenty complaints about how the women in music videos are sexually objectified. Hey what happened when the jew walked into a bar? He bought it... offensive? im sure a few people think so but why? how dare I make fun of the stereotype that they are successful people. In the new ghostbusters movie Chris Hemsworth was nothing but a dumb blond brain dead piece of eye candy for the women but who cared? Same goes for what counts as racist and whats not, black people say the "N" word all the time and often as a term of endearment but the second a white person says it suddenly its an offensive word because of the colour of there skin, but if a white person is called a "cracker" who even thinks twice about it? These are all examples of political correctness none of which makes any sense when looked at from the other prospective or contradicts itself.

Hey how come gay people have a gay pride parade? As a straight man this deeply offends me, wheres our straight parade? Unacceptable!