FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mothers day

Mothers day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uxom red OP   Couple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm not looking forward to this I miss my mum more than I can say.

So people who are lucky enough to have them around please spoil them.

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mum’s really struggling at the moment and I’m just getting used to the idea she might not be around for much longer. I feel for you. Do something special to remember her- celebrate all the good stuff

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had a difficult relationship with my mother but her death affected me much more than I expected.

Mothering Sunday is a chance for me to do things she used to do.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Lost my mum 2years ago, so know how you feel

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I lost my mum years ago.

I have two wonderful sons.

Always tricky...

10 years now since I lost my mum. Since becoming a mum 6 years ago its always a bittersweet day. Much love to you x

"My mum’s really struggling at the moment and I’m just getting used to the idea she might not be around for much longer. I feel for you. Do something special to remember her- celebrate all the good stuff "

I'm there too Doc. I feel mum slipping away a little every time I see her. This is going to be a tough one.

Jintz x

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Lost my mum last month so this will be the first mothers day without her.

I've always been an adventurous soul who enjoyed firsts..... this first however has to the worst one imaginable.

Hope you surround yourself with people who care and understand how tough it is

"I'm not looking forward to this I miss my mum more than I can say.

X"

Hugs xxxx

"Lost my mum last month so this will be the first mothers day without her.

I've always been an adventurous soul who enjoyed firsts..... this first however has to the worst one imaginable.

Hope you surround yourself with people who care and understand how tough it is "

Time hon so sorry for your loss.

I lost my Mum just over a year ago, and I swear my confidence and vibrancy died with her. Trying to get it back, but failing.

She was one solid presence, she had my back and fought for me, even when I was in the wrong she fought my corner.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I never quite know what to do on mother’s day, this will be the second one without her. Do I visit her grave? She was never one for visiting graves! When I have visited her grave I’ve never felt fulfilled just more upset. I’ve the added pressure this year that her house is going through being sold and having Solicitors mucking about for want of a better description...Think I’ll just spend the day thinking of times gone by....

X"

It's not nice. I lost my mum on my birthday so I really don't look forward to that either xx

"My mum’s really struggling at the moment and I’m just getting used to the idea she might not be around for much longer. I feel for you. Do something special to remember her- celebrate all the good stuff

I'm there too Doc. I feel mum slipping away a little every time I see her. This is going to be a tough one.

Jintz x"

My thoughts are with you x

"Lost my mum last month so this will be the first mothers day without her.

Hope you surround yourself with people who care and understand how tough it is "

wishing the same for you

To all of you who have lost your mums recently I hope your Mother’s Day is filled with happy memories of your good times together x

chelmsford

"I never quite know what to do on mother’s day, this will be the second one without her. Do I visit her grave? She was never one for visiting graves! When I have visited her grave I’ve never felt fulfilled just more upset. I’ve the added pressure this year that her house is going through being sold and having Solicitors mucking about for want of a better description...Think I’ll just spend the day thinking of times gone by...."

Visiting loved one's graves isn't for everyone. My little sister struggles to go, but she lights a candle, for our mum, everyday and puts it next to her photo with fresh flowers. I get a lot of comfort visiting her grave and will go there on mother's day. You have to do what gives you comfort and just sitting quietly and reflecting on your memories, is a good way. Hugs

chelmsford

"My mum’s really struggling at the moment and I’m just getting used to the idea she might not be around for much longer. I feel for you. Do something special to remember her- celebrate all the good stuff "

I know how this feels, was dreading losing her and it was devastating when she died. We have to be strong, as their children, but yes it's hard. Hugs

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

"I never quite know what to do on mother’s day, this will be the second one without her. Do I visit her grave? She was never one for visiting graves! When I have visited her grave I’ve never felt fulfilled just more upset. I’ve the added pressure this year that her house is going through being sold and having Solicitors mucking about for want of a better description...Think I’ll just spend the day thinking of times gone by...."

I lost my mum. 4 years ago ....I never visit the crematorium ... my mum isnt there .

On mothers day I buy some pink roses ... put them in a vase in my kitchen .... so I see them everyday .

chelmsford

"I never quite know what to do on mother’s day, this will be the second one without her. Do I visit her grave? She was never one for visiting graves! When I have visited her grave I’ve never felt fulfilled just more upset. I’ve the added pressure this year that her house is going through being sold and having Solicitors mucking about for want of a better description...Think I’ll just spend the day thinking of times gone by....

I lost my mum. 4 years ago ....I never visit the crematorium ... my mum isnt there .

On mothers day I buy some pink roses ... put them in a vase in my kitchen .... so I see them everyday ."

That's lovely

Our kids treat me to loads of nice things on the morning then the day turns sad for us as we do the cemetery visits for Mark's mum then mine

chelmsford

"Our kids treat me to loads of nice things on the morning then the day turns sad for us as we do the cemetery visits for Mark's mum then mine "

It is sad for you all, but you have your lovely children to help you through

"Our kids treat me to loads of nice things on the morning then the day turns sad for us as we do the cemetery visits for Mark's mum then mine

It is sad for you all, but you have your lovely children to help you through "

That is true

Leeds

"I never quite know what to do on mother’s day, this will be the second one without her. Do I visit her grave? She was never one for visiting graves! When I have visited her grave I’ve never felt fulfilled just more upset. I’ve the added pressure this year that her house is going through being sold and having Solicitors mucking about for want of a better description...Think I’ll just spend the day thinking of times gone by....

Visiting loved one's graves isn't for everyone. My little sister struggles to go, but she lights a candle, for our mum, everyday and puts it next to her photo with fresh flowers. I get a lot of comfort visiting her grave and will go there on mother's day. You have to do what gives you comfort and just sitting quietly and reflecting on your memories, is a good way. Hugs "

Thank you

Leeds

On mothers day I buy some pink roses ... put them in a vase in my kitchen .... so I see them everyday ."

I may do this. My mum loved daffodils, I see them and think of her. Does it get easier as the years go by?

chelmsford

"Our kids treat me to loads of nice things on the morning then the day turns sad for us as we do the cemetery visits for Mark's mum then mine

It is sad for you all, but you have your lovely children to help you through That is true "

chelmsford

Visiting loved one's graves isn't for everyone. My little sister struggles to go, but she lights a candle, for our mum, everyday and puts it next to her photo with fresh flowers. I get a lot of comfort visiting her grave and will go there on mother's day. You have to do what gives you comfort and just sitting quietly and reflecting on your memories, is a good way. Hugs

Thank you "

You're welcome, lovely and it does get a little easier, but there will always be difficult times

Shrewsbury

Thank you all your comments.

Big hugs to all who've lost loved ones.

chelmsford

"Thank you all your comments.

"

Big Hugs to you too xx

Shrewsbury

Big Hugs to you too xx"

Thank you its especially hard when mum died this year it falls on mothers day.

She was taken into hospital on mothers day too.

First one without my mum this year.still find myself looking at cards.i forget for a second.

chelmsford

Big Hugs to you too xx

Thank you its especially hard when mum died this year it falls on mothers day.

She was taken into hospital on mothers day too."

Oh dear, bless you.xx

Shrewsbury

"First one without my mum this year.still find myself looking at cards.i forget for a second. "

I do it ever year, I think about taking one to her grave then I hear her telling me not to be daft spend the money on the kids,

Dicks mum past away six months before mine so despite being a mum it's a pretty crappy day.

She would also say don't waste your money.

I've never met her

chelmsford

"First one without my mum this year.still find myself looking at cards.i forget for a second. "

Ah, sorry to hear that. I still look at cards longingly

chelmsford

"First one without my mum this year.still find myself looking at cards.i forget for a second.

I do it ever year, I think about taking one to her grave then I hear her telling me not to be daft spend the money on the kids,

Dicks mum past away six months before mine so despite being a mum it's a pretty crappy day.

She would also say don't waste your money. "

You do what you feel

"First one without my mum this year.still find myself looking at cards.i forget for a second.

Ah, sorry to hear that. I still look at cards longingly "

thank you.still miss her.thought she be here for ever.so quick her going no time to spend with her.x

Shrewsbury

"I've never met her"

Is that a good or bad thing?

You do what you feel "

we havent scattered her ashes yet so no were to go.but I'll think about her.x

I'm probably guessing it's a good thing... I grew up without her... and I'm a fucking delight

Shrewsbury

You do what you feel "

I wouldn't want to upset her, I feel she looks out for me even though she's not physically here if that makes sense.

Big hugs to all you guys who have lost your mummas

Mine lives in Bulgaria now, but will be over in May for a few weeks so we'll have ours late.

I was born on mother's day...which is kinda cool

We may go take Jeff's mum out...or get might

chelmsford

You do what you feel

I wouldn't want to upset her, I feel she looks out for me even though she's not physically here if that makes sense. "

Makes loads of sense to me

Shrewsbury

"I'm probably guessing it's a good thing... I grew up without her... and I'm a fucking delight "

My mum never knew her birth mother and finally met her siblings after 60+ years apart only to die shortly after.

Shrewsbury

You do what you feel

I wouldn't want to upset her, I feel she looks out for me even though she's not physically here if that makes sense.

Makes loads of sense to me "

Thank you x

chelmsford

"Big hugs to all you guys who have lost your mummas

Mine lives in Bulgaria now, but will be over in May for a few weeks so we'll have ours late.

I was born on mother's day...which is kinda cool

We may go take Jeff's mum out...or get might "

Well you all have a lovely time

chelmsford

"I'm probably guessing it's a good thing... I grew up without her... and I'm a fucking delight

My mum never knew her birth mother and finally met her siblings after 60+ years apart only to die shortly after. "

Oh goodness, but at least she finally met them

chelmsford

You do what you feel

Makes loads of sense to me

Thank you x"

You're welcome.xx

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Lost my Mother 28 yrs ago. Still feels like yesterday at times.

I realise how lucky I am as not only do I have my mum and dad but I also have a nan with me too... My life will crumble when one of them goes so my love to ALL of you without a parent xxxx

Shrewsbury

"I'm probably guessing it's a good thing... I grew up without her... and I'm a fucking delight

My mum never knew her birth mother and finally met her siblings after 60+ years apart only to die shortly after.

Oh goodness, but at least she finally met them "

Maybe but non have kept in touch. So wasn't a big thing for them I guess

chelmsford

"Lost my Mother 28 yrs ago. Still feels like yesterday at times."

I bet it does, Iain. Certain things just stir up memories

chelmsford

"I realise how lucky I am as not only do I have my mum and dad but I also have a nan with me too... My life will crumble when one of them goes so my love to ALL of you without a parent xxxx"

Thank you lovely and I know you cherish them all

Shrewsbury

"I realise how lucky I am as not only do I have my mum and dad but I also have a nan with me too... My life will crumble when one of them goes so my love to ALL of you without a parent xxxx"

You'd be surprised on how life just goes on because you have no choice.

I guess I've never had time to greive due to life going on around me, I expect when I do its going to be pretty shitty

chelmsford

Maybe but non have kept in touch. So wasn't a big thing for them I guess "

That's strange, isn't it?

Shrewsbury

"Lost my Mother 28 yrs ago. Still feels like yesterday at times.

I bet it does, Iain. Certain things just stir up memories "

Sorry Iain if I've upset you.

I am one of the lucky ones but i do not know for how long because she not well.

Shrewsbury

That's strange, isn't it? "

You live without knowing some one or their existence for 60 years I guess it's no big deal to them they never knew her or the family

Shrewsbury

"I am one of the lucky ones but i do not know for how long because she not well. "

Oh bless you spoil her rotten and make every moment a memory x

chelmsford

"I am one of the lucky ones but i do not know for how long because she not well. "

Ah, make the most of your lovely mum

chelmsford

You live without knowing some one or their existence for 60 years I guess it's no big deal to them they never knew her or the family

"

I don't know how I'd react, I think I would want to know everything.

Shrewsbury

I don't know how I'd react, I think I would want to know everything."

Mum knew she was adopted and never questioned why it was the siblings that found her and then stopped, maybe they answered their own questions

Everyone in this thread seems to lost their mum .

Times like this make a me realise how lucky I am to still have my great nan, my grandad, my mum, myself and my children still alive and healthy.

5 generations celebrating mothers day has been a wonderful thing.

However you guys choose to spend your day, I hope mothering Sunday ends up with happy smiley memories for You!

"I am one of the lucky ones but i do not know for how long because she not well.

Ah, make the most of your lovely mum "

thanks

"I realise how lucky I am as not only do I have my mum and dad but I also have a nan with me too... My life will crumble when one of them goes so my love to ALL of you without a parent xxxx

Thank you lovely and I know you cherish them all "

I really, really do

Shrewsbury

"Everyone in this thread seems to lost their mum .

Times like this make a me realise how lucky I am to still have my great nan, my grandad, my mum, myself and my children still alive and healthy.

5 generations celebrating mothers day has been a wonderful thing.

However you guys choose to spend your day, I hope mothering Sunday ends up with happy smiley memories for You! "

That's why I posted the thread, make the most of your mum, or dad while they are still with you

Make memories count!

"I realise how lucky I am as not only do I have my mum and dad but I also have a nan with me too... My life will crumble when one of them goes so my love to ALL of you without a parent xxxx

I guess I've never had time to greive due to life going on around me, I expect when I do its going to be pretty shitty"

It will be very hard for me because they are all I have left of my family - I lost my 2 babies in the womb - so I will be bereft when they have all gone xx

Shrewsbury

I guess I've never had time to greive due to life going on around me, I expect when I do its going to be pretty shitty

It will be very hard for me because they are all I have left of my family - I lost my 2 babies in the womb - so I will be bereft when they have all gone xx"

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this,makes me feel so bad what I posted before.

chelmsford

I don't know how I'd react, I think I would want to know everything.

Mum knew she was adopted and never questioned why it was the siblings that found her and then stopped, maybe they answered their own questions "

Hmmm...maybe, yes.

chelmsford

It will be very hard for me because they are all I have left of my family - I lost my 2 babies in the womb - so I will be bereft when they have all gone xx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this,makes me feel so bad what I posted before. "

Don't feel bad, a lot of us here have lost a loved one and that's hard for us all.

chelmsford

It will be very hard for me because they are all I have left of my family - I lost my 2 babies in the womb - so I will be bereft when they have all gone xx"

Xxx

Shrewsbury

Don't feel bad, a lot of us here have lost a loved one and that's hard for us all. "

I do it's just me, I don't like people feeling bad

chelmsford

Don't feel bad, a lot of us here have lost a loved one and that's hard for us all.

I do it's just me, I don't like people feeling bad "

Ah, bless you

Is it wrong to care for your mother at my age where she now in hospital with pneumonia which she fighting and hopefully wining the fight i saw her in hospital for her birthday yesterday she now 77 years old..

Shrewsbury

"Is it wrong to care for your mother at my age where she now in hospital with pneumonia which she fighting and hopefully wining the fight i saw her in hospital for her birthday yesterday she now 77 years old.."

No not at all, you should cate for your mum what ever age you both are and make the most of the time you have with her..

Mum was 77 when she died.

Last Mother’s Day we all went out for a family meal. Mum had just got out of hospital. At the meal she mentioned it would probably be her last. She’s still with us. Recently moved into a lovely care home. She’s made new friends.

She’s on oxygen 24/7 but knows that she won’t get any better. She’s recently paid for her funeral.

Every day is a bonus. I can’t see her daily due to distance but we chat every day

Wishing she is here this mother’s Day.

"Is it wrong to care for your mother at my age where she now in hospital with pneumonia which she fighting and hopefully wining the fight i saw her in hospital for her birthday yesterday she now 77 years old..

No not at all, you should cate for your mum what ever age you both are and make the most of the time you have with her..

Mum was 77 when she died. "

thanks... well its a dam cold day today its showed

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Hugs

I know how you feel. I had multiple miscarriages and have no living children. My first child’s due date was Mothering Sunday which was especially hard. Deep in my heart I am a mum. I have carried and loved my babies. Even though I didn’t get to hold them in my arms, I will always carry them with me in my heart. But, I have no one to buy me a card which breaks my heart year after year. I no longer have my grandparents and parents are aging and not in the best of health. Although I no longer make a big fuss for my mum, it’s just too emotionally hard a day for me, I do send her a card and let her know I love her. I know the time will come when I can’t do that anymore and I have no idea how I’ll cope with Mothering Sunday then

for reasons that only my own mother knows, she has chosen not to acknowledge my daughter, so since she was born, i’ve not seen my mother..... coming up to 8 years this year.

families eh

Shrewsbury

"for reasons that only my own mother knows, she has chosen not to acknowledge my daughter, so since she was born, i’ve not seen my mother..... coming up to 8 years this year.

families eh "

That socks, my daughter refuses to acknowledge me and has done since my mum died so nearly 3 years

chelmsford

"for reasons that only my own mother knows, she has chosen not to acknowledge my daughter, so since she was born, i’ve not seen my mother..... coming up to 8 years this year.

families eh

That socks, my daughter refuses to acknowledge me and has done since my mum died so nearly 3 years "

That's very sad, sorry to hear this

Shrewsbury

families eh

That socks, my daughter refuses to acknowledge me and has done since my mum died so nearly 3 years

That's very sad, sorry to hear this "

thank you.

chelmsford

families eh

That's very sad, sorry to hear this thank you. "

families eh

That's very sad, sorry to hear this "

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Ive neverhad a close relationship with my mum butstill make a point of seeing her mothers day, her birthday and christmas.... take flowers cards and presents. I got a card in the post for my birthday last weekend. She lives 6 miles away.

My stepmum however im very close to... she had a stroke just before christmas and is still pretty poorly in hospital, theyve just dicovered she has cancer of her bladder too so things are not looking good. I visit most days, as much to see my dad guess and be a support to him.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

X"

This xx

Shrewsbury

"Ive neverhad a close relationship with my mum butstill make a point of seeing her mothers day, her birthday and christmas.... take flowers cards and presents. I got a card in the post for my birthday last weekend. She lives 6 miles away.

My stepmum however im very close to... she had a stroke just before christmas and is still pretty poorly in hospital, theyve just dicovered she has cancer of her bladder too so things are not looking good. I visit most days, as much to see my dad guess and be a support to him.

"

Sorry to hear this hope she gets better x

Shrewsbury

X

This xx"

Big hugs x

Slough Windsor ish

"Ive neverhad a close relationship with my mum butstill make a point of seeing her mothers day, her birthday and christmas.... take flowers cards and presents. I got a card in the post for my birthday last weekend. She lives 6 miles away.

Sorry to hear this hope she gets better x "

Thank you x

chelmsford

"

I'm so sorry to hear your stepmum is poorly and I'm sure your dad appreciates your support. Best wishes. Xx

Slough Windsor ish

I'm so sorry to hear your stepmum is poorly and I'm sure your dad appreciates your support. Best wishes. Xx"

Thank you x

chelmsford

I'm so sorry to hear your stepmum is poorly and I'm sure your dad appreciates your support. Best wishes. Xx

Thank you x"

Hey, you're welcome

» Add a new message to this topic