FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Computer techies..Windows 10 argh! Advice please

Computer techies..Windows 10 argh! Advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Anybody help. Windows done another update, now can't get into Office( excel, word etc) error code 0Xc0000142. Have looked at numerous sites to get help.They suggest downloading repair tools, nervous to do this....help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anybody help. Windows done another update, now can't get into Office( excel, word etc) error code 0Xc0000142. Have looked at numerous sites to get help.They suggest downloading repair tools, nervous to do this....help"

Create a new user and see if they have the problem - that will narrow it down to user profile or an application file / system file issue

chelmsford

"Anybody help. Windows done another update, now can't get into Office( excel, word etc) error code 0Xc0000142. Have looked at numerous sites to get help.They suggest downloading repair tools, nervous to do this....help

Create a new user and see if they have the problem - that will narrow it down to user profile or an application file / system file issue"

Ah thanks for that. Have sorted it for now by uninstalling the update!

"Anybody help. Windows done another update, now can't get into Office( excel, word etc) error code 0Xc0000142. Have looked at numerous sites to get help.They suggest downloading repair tools, nervous to do this....help

Create a new user and see if they have the problem - that will narrow it down to user profile or an application file / system file issue

Ah thanks for that. Have sorted it for now by uninstalling the update! "

Mine done a new windows 10 update 2 days ago...the fecker took around 14 hours to download the bugger

chelmsford

Mine done a new windows 10 update 2 days ago...the fecker took around 14 hours to download the bugger "

I know bloody thing. We had the old XP system before, with no problems, my laptop is the same, takes ages

chelmsford

Was having an on line conversation with an adviser, who wanted to access our computer, was a bit nervous about that so said no, not sure if that would be secure!

Mine done a new windows 10 update 2 days ago...the fecker took around 14 hours to download the bugger

I know bloody thing. We had the old XP system before, with no problems, my laptop is the same, takes ages "

I'm fecked with it...I liked xp too and can't find feck all with this all singing all d****ng fecker

I only use it to print my postage labels

"Was having an on line conversation with an adviser, who wanted to access our computer, was a bit nervous about that so said no, not sure if that would be secure!"

Piture collector

chelmsford

I know bloody thing. We had the old XP system before, with no problems, my laptop is the same, takes ages

I'm fecked with it...I liked xp too and can't find feck all with this all singing all d****ng fecker

I only use it to print my postage labels "

Haha It was much better and more basic for us and suited our needs

chelmsford

"Was having an on line conversation with an adviser, who wanted to access our computer, was a bit nervous about that so said no, not sure if that would be secure!

Piture collector"

Whoa! Never thought of that

» Add a new message to this topic