FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Publicity question

Publicity question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

This isnt far removed from the look good naked thread, but i was going to put this up before i read that.

As most know ive lost just over 7stone.

Today my leader asked me if i wanted some "publicity", i said i would feel the forms in and see. What could happen is i could either star in the magazine or get local newspaper coverage or nothing might happen at all.

She has given me all the forms to fill in about my story and all the paperwork from head office.

Now i would love to be made all glammed up for the day makeup done and nice clothes it would be lovely, but then do i want everyone to see me publicly lol.

As i said nothing may even come of it or they might want to weight until i hit my target.

This isnt a look at me and how well im doing thread.

What would you do in the situation.

Ive got a couple of weeks to make my mind up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

id go for it, and id be dammed proud of my achievements, id be holding my head high and showing the world this is me. You'd be an inspiration to others and motivate them to do similar.

I went for a photoshoot and glammed up by a team of professionals and loved every second!

Be proud and lead by example

It is no easy task losing weight.

Mrs Artful lost over 4 stones and it took a lot of work and time doing it right.

Go for it I say!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Depends how you are feeling Diamonds....if you feel positive...go fer it...if you feel negative...leave well alone....you know you have achieved something very special

"This isnt far removed from the look good naked thread, but i was going to put this up before i read that.

As most know ive lost just over 7stone.

Today my leader asked me if i wanted some "publicity", i said i would feel the forms in and see. What could happen is i could either star in the magazine or get local newspaper coverage or nothing might happen at all.

She has given me all the forms to fill in about my story and all the paperwork from head office.

Now i would love to be made all glammed up for the day makeup done and nice clothes it would be lovely, but then do i want everyone to see me publicly lol.

As i said nothing may even come of it or they might want to weight until i hit my target.

This isnt a look at me and how well im doing thread.

What would you do in the situation.

Ive got a couple of weeks to make my mind up."

Bob says go for it hunny and be proud

"Depends how you are feeling Diamonds....if you feel positive...go fer it...if you feel negative...leave well alone....you know you have achieved something very special "

Think thats what im worried about to be honest, how i will feel at the time

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Depends how you are feeling Diamonds....if you feel positive...go fer it...if you feel negative...leave well alone....you know you have achieved something very special

Think thats what im worried about to be honest, how i will feel at the time"

Ponder a while n talk it over with Jay xx

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Wow .. you have done well. Is this just through diet and will power? Oh I think you should get the praise you deserve go for it.

What you have to ask yourself is, what would be the down side to this? and if the good reasons outweigh the bad then go for it! xxx

I guess perhaps it’s worth considering why you decided to lose the weight in the first place….

Did you do it for yourself,,, or did you do it for others….

Its also worth considering how you react to criticism, as all to often people engaging in self promotion can be judged harshly even if their motive is not driven by personal gain….!.

First of all bloody well done u!

I think laine and soxy make good points.

You weren't feeling too great yesterday (re ur thread) so I'd work out what possible negativity this might generate from spiteful people who want to knock u down? And if that would upset u?

What ever decision you make, u should feel very proud of urself, and know that a lot of the forumites are pleased for u too!!

Well done first of all. I can barely get down the gym lol

Simple thing is how do you feel... do you want to show the world and celebrate the new you, or stay more private and glory in how you have achieved by yourself with the people you choose to reveal yourself to...

Its all how you feel in yourself, and how you wish to express yourself, but well done once again

Way to go Diamonds...

I did it once... Sods used me as "before" pics...

I think the weight loss is brilliant and you know yourself that was no easy feat. I bet you had bad days.

I think the confidence is brilliant and you seem to have taken a new boost with clothes etc (you've talked about this openly in how you like to buy pretty girly things that you didn't feel you could before.

A professional glamour shoot would be brilliant and it would be fantastic to have a wonderful photograph of your achievement.

But the publicity - whole different ball game.

Just say you were chosen to star in a well known weight loss magazine as a feel good story. You would be picked out from others who had achieved similar. You would be subjected to what other models would be. Are you pretty enough, what's your professional background, do you photograph well, are you a good promotion for the weight loss products, are you a role model.

It then becomes not about you but about how you represent that company and products. Are you really sure you want your background loolked into - because they will.

I would say be sure what you're getting into as it won't be just how great they can make you look. Maybe a photoshoot and photo for just you and your family and friends to view without the extra might be better.

Whatever you decide you've done brilliantly, you are an inspiration girl, well done

"I think the weight loss is brilliant and you know yourself that was no easy feat. I bet you had bad days.

I think the confidence is brilliant and you seem to have taken a new boost with clothes etc (you've talked about this openly in how you like to buy pretty girly things that you didn't feel you could before.

A professional glamour shoot would be brilliant and it would be fantastic to have a wonderful photograph of your achievement.

Just say you were chosen to star in a well known weight loss magazine as a feel good story. You would be picked out from others who had achieved similar. You would be subjected to what other models would be. Are you pretty enough, what's your professional background, do you photograph well, are you a good promotion for the weight loss products, are you a role model.

It then becomes not about you but about how you represent that company and products. Are you really sure you want your background loolked into - because they will.

I would say be sure what you're getting into as it won't be just how great they can make you look. Maybe a photoshoot and photo for just you and your family and friends to view without the extra might be better.

Whatever you decide you've done brilliantly, you are an inspiration girl, well done "

+1...

And, assuming all will go well... Will the photos / article always make you smile...;-)

"id go for it, and id be dammed proud of my achievements, id be holding my head high and showing the world this is me. You'd be an inspiration to others and motivate them to do similar.

I went for a photoshoot and glammed up by a team of professionals and loved every second! "

I agree and I've had a professional photoshoot session too, not because I'd lost weight but because my dad wanted to treat me. Being glammed up and pampered made me feel really special and when I saw the photos I was thrilled.... and I had no achievement to celebrate! I'd do it if I were you, it's a great way to celebrate your fantastic achievement and you'll have a ball

Well done by the way!!!

I completely agree with everything Iconic has said...

....and I appreciate every case is different and depending on the underlying reasons causing the behaviour leading to a persons weight gain….

I feel its potentially an unwise move to enter into situations where those issues could remerge……… if indeed some of the reason behind a persons weight gain is due in part to self-esteem related problems

Many overweight people are caught in a vicious circle of low self esteem which manifest in increased comfort eating…….

So unless there is a specific motive for publicly celebrating someone’s weight loss, which on balance takes into account it could possibly back fire…..

Any potential reward could easily be outweighed by the risk of it going wrong…..

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Well done you

i say go for it as a one off...its no different from studios that offer a pamper day and photo session.

"I think the weight loss is brilliant and you know yourself that was no easy feat. I bet you had bad days.

Whatever you decide you've done brilliantly, you are an inspiration girl, well done "

Thankyou iconic, it is a well known weight loss magazine that it is for. You have given me alot to think about there. I dont have to decide just yet, and as ive said it may not come to anything

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

A few years ago, before I joined this eminent site, I did the same as you and lost 4.5 stones in weight.

But I completed my goal with the financial support from colleagues, friends and other victims, sorry, I meant sponsors, raising money for a major Charity!

That charity gave me all the support going, they had the means to sort out the publicity side of things.

So, well done in losing the weight. I just wish my circumstances were better these days, as I could do with losing another 3 stones at least.

But fortunately, I haven't regained the weight I lost, so I should be thankful for that!

» Add a new message to this topic