FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > swingers emblem

swingers emblem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

learnt today that the yellow smiley face is the recognised emblem to let others know you are a swinger. never heard of it before.

anyone else heard of this ???

if it is, what a great idea ... little stickers on the back of your car etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

New one on me, thought he was just a smiley, been around for donkeys years

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope its not, my son has those all over his school folders.

What about all the smiley t-shirts? does that mean the wearers are swingers?

I suppose all those folks with smurfs hanging off the back of their cars a cunts!

Ooops hang on, thought I was in the swearing thread again

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

In 1963 Harvey Ball, an American commercial artist, was employed by an advertising company to create a happy face to be used on buttons. His rendition, with bright yellow background, dark oval eyes, and creases at the sides of the mouth, was to become the most iconic version.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I thought the smiley was to do with extacy

drug..

"I thought the smiley was to do with extacy

drug.. "

so did i... but chatting to a jeweller who is also a swinger, he just mentioned he was being asked to make some sort of pin/brooch for people who told him about it (no, he was not trying to sell me one) just asking what i thought.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i think someone may be winding you up hun...the smiley has nothing to do with swinging...though i suppose it makes us all happy

Acid was associated with smileys.

If you go back to the 60's (maybe earlier) a company "Moon eyes" used a similar icon for there hot rod merchandise.

"Acid was associated with smileys. "

I meant 'acid house' music, not the drug.

"i think someone may be winding you up hun...the smiley has nothing to do with swinging...though i suppose it makes us all happy "

ahhh .... but..... there is a swingers caravan/camping site near us who fly a fooking huge flag with the smiley face on it... and it appears on their website too ..... i did email them and they also said it was a recognised swinger thingy

I can picture it now, some over eager, sexed up bloke, running up to a woman in ASDA and grabbing her tits asking what she's into cos she's got a smiley badge or t-shirt on

Or she'll have loads folks staring and winking at her

"I can picture it now, some over eager, sexed up bloke, running up to a woman in ASDA and grabbing her tits asking what she's into cos she's got a smiley badge or t-shirt on

Or she'll have loads folks staring and winking at her "

didn't mean it like that .... but think it would be a good idea if we could all come up with some form of emblem that we could recognise ??? ... not a smiley but something else ... like a pendulum maybe (pendulum, swings ?? )

hexham

"i think someone may be winding you up hun...the smiley has nothing to do with swinging...though i suppose it makes us all happy

ahhh .... but..... there is a swingers caravan/camping site near us who fly a fooking huge flag with the smiley face on it... and it appears on their website too ..... i did email them and they also said it was a recognised swinger thingy"

Its too ubiquitous to be a swinging emblem...as others have said it is everywhere.And in 22 years of swinging i have never heard of it...not much use as a recognised swinging thing if a.everybody has it and b.swingers dont know about it.

Tbh id say they probably went to ibiza ,and brought it back from there...

Interested in the site though if you wouldnt mind pming me cos the only one we found for swing camp is a gay one in Norfolk....it might be useful to have an alternative.

If you google swinger emblems there are a few that some clubs use. Some adult/swingers sites have their own t-shirts too, maybe fab could cash in on badges, pins and t-shirts.

Aceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed !

hexham

"I can picture it now, some over eager, sexed up bloke, running up to a woman in and grabbing her tits asking what she's into cos she's got a smiley badge or t-shirt on

didn't mean it like that .... but think it would be a good idea if we could all come up with some form of emblem that we could recognise ??? ... not a smiley but something else ... like a pendulum maybe (pendulum, swings ?? )"

This has been suggested a few times...the place over the road used to sell pins...and of course there is the Chams chameoleon and BDSM symbol.

The problem with any identifying symbol is that it needs to be recognisable but discrete.However once it reaches a tipping point of being well enough known people will stop using it as they dont want everyone to know they are a swinger.

The BDSM symbol has the great advantage of just looking like a celtic symbol,so those not aware dont see it as an indication of sexual preference.

For a swinging symbol to work it would need to be like that or the lGBT rainbow...something that wouldnt scare the nillas.

And even so i would never wear one...badges we dont need no stinkin badges

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The 'Swingpin' has been around for years.

It looks a bit like a ying yang thing..

Google swingpin.

I thought we all had one

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

"

And even so i would never wear one...badges we dont need no stinkin badges "

ha ha ha, Jemima I just wet my panties darlin, maybe we could use them as a symbol???? eeeek!!!!

Hope it's not the green smiley face with the teeth. I find that one scary

Ice one, top one, get sorted u sorted for e's and whizz?? I'm a swinger acccciiiiiiiiddddddd

"I can picture it now, some over eager, sexed up bloke, running up to a woman in ASDA and grabbing her tits asking what she's into cos she's got a smiley badge or t-shirt on

didn't mean it like that .... but think it would be a good idea if we could all come up with some form of emblem that we could recognise ??? ... not a smiley but something else ... like a pendulum maybe (pendulum, swings ?? )"

Not all of us want all and sundry knowing our business!

» Add a new message to this topic